Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #1  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 245/234/170

Height: 5'5.5

Default newbie - suffering depression and SH issues

HI All

Getting a headstart on the new years resolutions - can you tell???

Right well im sam. Im 23 and i live in south wales, uk. I live with my little boy Benji who is 3 years old and jsut started school (bonus!) which means i get a couple of child free hours in which to exercise. I also have a bf O who ive been with for over 5 years now. Plus im an adoptive mummy to my pooch Bruno.

Currently I weight 13st 8lbs but my fight began at 14st 2lbs. I put most of my weight on after id had my son and made the horrible choice fo going onto the contraceptive injection and piled 3 stone on in little over a year not to mention other ill health problems due to the jab.

Ive suffered form Post Natal Depression but now im classed as jsut beign depressed, i do have medication but i hate the stuff as it isnt working and makes me very vulnerable and unaware of whats happening around me which i just cant afford to have happen when i have a busy 3 year old.

Also i have quite a history of self harm which doesnt help the depression and vice versa. I also have low self confidence which again doesnt help either of the above matters because i feel very worthless and useless alot of the time. Teh feelign of failure seesm all to familisr as this is like my 5th time dieting but im determined to suceed more than ever this time and i know i need support through it - ive never had that previously jsut gone it alone but now my bf is onside and my son is old enough that he is trying to help too.

Anyway i look forward to speaking to you all soon, and gettign to know more of you on our weight loss challenges. Im hoping that the weight loss will help me find me again and ill learn to liek myself as i feel the weight falling off.

Happy new year and cheers to a new you

love

Sam
x x x x x
LittleLostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/138/118

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the group. I hope you find some extra support here. Its GREAT that your BF and little one are right by your side in this. It will help a ton. As far as your meds go, talk to your doc about alternatives. I know here in the US, there are so many different anti-depressants, that it could take quite a few years to give them all a try. Good luck.
bassetbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #3  
quad me nutrit me destrut

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5 foot 7

Red face Im a newbie too!

Hey Sam! Im Ella, i just joined this thing like an hour ago! Im an 18year old female from New Zealand. I weigh 191 pounds at the moment.
Great to see ur post, my story is very similar. My childhood was full of all kinds of abuse and as a result have suffered from depression and SH issues since I was about 8. =[ This has always affected my eating patterns. I have problems with emotional eating, binge eating, and I used to starve myself alot too. I am a naturally wide-hipped girl with alot of natural breast tissue even when im skinny and i put on weight VERY easily. all the women in my mothers family are obese and i dont want to go down the same road, so am nipping it in the bud now. i find that having depression has definitely managed to ruin my past attempts at weight loss and am really praying that 2008 will make a difference for me. Throw me an email if youd like to help one another, im definitely up for the idea. black_styrofoam @ hotmail.com. =] hope to hear from u soon, hope you and your family are all doing well when this reaches you xx
ellarockefella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #4  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hi sam
My best advise to you is to keep a journal. Write in it even when you don't feel like it, you would be amazed at how much is inside your head!
I came from a cold, hostile home without hugging and physical contact. Through journaling I have forgiven my parents because they themselves couldn't help it. They had their own demons....
good luck
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote