3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekly Chat - January 2 - 6, 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/130016-weekly-chat-january-2-6-2008-a.html)

Leenie 01-02-2008 03:16 PM

Weekly Chat - January 2 - 6, 2008

Good Afternoon :)

Where are you chickies hiding ;)

I just poped in to say I'm back at work and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yawn:

Hope you are all doing well....

TTYL, Love Leenie

L144S 01-02-2008 04:59 PM

hey Leenie,
just popping in to wish you a Happy and helthy new year!

cathyxxx 01-02-2008 08:47 PM

hey leenie & L - it's great to see ya!

well dang - I've been posted on last week's thread. i think a few others have too ;-)

i did 2 miles this morning before work :cheer:

and it's COLD in Louisiana today brrrrrrr :-)

hope everybody has a great nite!
hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx 01-03-2008 09:04 AM

good morning gang :wave:

what's everybody up to today? it's cold here and I love it. the weather man said that we are colder than Denver, CO today and I think that is great for Louisiana ;-)

My dear hubby bought me a Dell laptop for Christmas and it finally came in last night. I am so excited! and even tho I stayed up way too late playing with it, I still got up early and walked 2 miles this morning :cheer:

ok I better start on this paperwork again :crazy:

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

HeatherAngel 01-03-2008 09:51 AM

Morning! :wave:

Cathy, you are doing AWESOMELY, girl - SO proud of you! :yay:

I was clearly posting in the wrong week, too! :lol: Not much news here today - just more catching up with getting back to a 'normal' routine with hubby back and work and the holidays over... might start taking down the Christmas decorations... seems like I only just put them up - hahaha!

How's everyone else? Missing you girlies not posting!!

Heather :D

CherryAutumn 01-03-2008 11:48 AM

I have posted a couple times but dont know if anyone will remember me. I have been doing circles trying to find the right anti depressants that work for me. I wondered what others considered as working. Do you find yourself expecting to much from them? Like you weren't happy enough or angry to often? Did anything i say make sense? Anyway i kind of need some encouragement that i can find the right meds for me.

buddly 01-03-2008 03:51 PM

Good afternoon everyone!

Slowly getting back to the routines here. ddA started her new semester at the uni today and hubby is suppose to be going north, but his truck is still in the shop. And my other two girls are still in bed, they don't have to go back to school until the 7th.
I'm planning on oiling the tredmill and getting that room organized again so that we can use said tredmill. Some boxes got moved into there so we had room in the living room. I also have to find room for the little tree I bought. I thought I was being smart and getting a cute little live tree from wal-mart. Well it worked good as a little Christmas tree, problem is it can't handle frost. Other than that nothing new.

Cherry I've got similar questions about the meds as well. This morning I woke up with the thought of "oh no, another day to get through" I don't really think thats a healthy attitude. I'm not sure if my doc will help much, his solution the last time I brought it up was to up my dose of paxil. All that does is make me sleep more, which is nice in that I don't care about anything and I don't worry, but its not much of a life. So I'm wondering about counselling. I've been "off" for so many years I have no idea what a person should feel like. The paxil helps the anxiety and now I can leave the house and do "normal" things and thats great, but I get this black cloud over me and I'm sure there is something out there that would help. Well I'm sure not much for help or encouragement am I? At least you know you aren't alone on this merry-go-round!

Well I should go and do something I have until 2pm before I have to pick up ddA. Also the kettle just clicked off, I'm going to have some PMS tea, I've been making fairly good choices for the last couple of days and I'm up three pounds, so I'm blaming pms.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K

HeatherAngel 01-04-2008 09:49 AM

Good morning, chicks - it's Friday! :yay:

I'm back to my lowest weight on this journey so far, after doing my damage control from Christmas! ;) So, onward from here!

Buddly - good for you, getting the dust off that treadmill! :lol: And let us know what you do with your little tree - I guess it's got a home in the living room for a few months, huh? ;)

Cherry - We remember you, chickie :hug: I did the meds merry-go-round for more than ten years, and finally got myself sorted (hopefully for good!) last February. I saw a psych who prescribed Lamictal in Oct '06 and for three months I was a suicidal monster... Seroquel was initially prescribed to diminish the side-effects. A second psych consult resulted in me coming off the Lamictal, and upping the Seroquel. In six weeks I was counting calories, losing weight, leaving the house... I still have 'off' days (don't we all!), but NOTHING like I did. I credit it with saving my life.

The problem, though, with any medication for mental health is that it is trial and error for each individual. Paxil may work for some, Prozac for others - they did nothing for me. I understand many people are well and relatively 'happy' on Lamictal. And not only do we have to trial and error the different drugs, but also the dosage. It's a VERY tough ride - I hope you'll keep coming here for support, and that you'll find something that works for you!! :hug:

Nothing else of news - didn't start taking down the Xmas decorations yesterday, so that's today's job! ;)

Happy Friday, all!

hope4me 01-04-2008 11:37 PM

I'm so upset, my computer ate my post!

In short: still lurking, no job, not dieting, and unhappy. I've got to muster up the strength to turn this life around! Don't mean to be a downer, it's just the way I'm feeling right now.

I miss chatting with you all and hope that this new year will be a good one for us all! :hug:

Leenie 01-05-2008 08:22 AM

Hi Girlies :hug: missed yah.

Going back to work was weird this week, Wednesday felt like Monday and the week just dragged, even though it was only 3 days felt like it was 10 days LOL.

I agree with Heather on the meds, its really a keep trying until you hit the right one... also, what helps is a therapist and exercise...they all play a major roll in this fight. The best thing you can do is KEEP talking to your doctor...keep him/her in the loop and don't give up. Hang in there chickies, it is not fun, but YOU are worth it... we all are worth a happy life.

Hope your not a downer..... :hug:

Well its Saturday, cleaning, cooking, shopping and karate.... the normal Saturday for me and I love it :)

Whats everyone doing this weekend?

CherryAutumn 01-05-2008 09:00 AM

well i started on Wellbutrin yesterday and so we will see how this works for me. For the passed week i have regained my focus on watching my eating and getting in exercise. I have dropped 4 pounds that i had gained back in the process!!!

HeatherAngel 01-05-2008 09:34 AM

Morning chicks! :wave:

Hope - sorry to lose your post, that is SO frustrating! But keep posting girl, we love to hear from you :hug: You have so much going on right now, it must be hard to focus on any one thing. Thinking of you, chickie.

Cherry - what a great start! Good luck with the Wellbutrin - let us know how that works for you. :)

Leenie - come clean my house? :lol3: Actually, I took down the Christmas decorations yesterday, so I'm considering that as yesterday's 'work out' - ;) It's always a little sort of sad when they go away, but kind of nice to have the house back to normal, too... and fresh for the new year!

Well, my scale read under 180 this morning, so life is good for me. :yes: 1 more pound and I'll have lost 100lbs. Wow. Please don't comment on this - I don't think I can handle it - ! :lol:

Have a great Saturday, all -

Ravengirl 01-05-2008 12:02 PM

Hello All... I read you guys all the time...I don't post in here much because I feel like maybe you won't think I belong...I don't know if I belong... I mean, I was diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety which really isn't depression exactly...but I am on Prozac and dealing much better with everything so maybe I do need to be here after all.
My DH just had his second post op MRI yesterday and we won't find out the results until next week...it is kind of a stressful time for us right now...and my Mom is flying in on Tuesday, which, while wonderful, throws everything into a tailspin as well. Also, she is going to be with us when we get the news for the MRI which will be great when there is good news....Trying to keep the negative thoughts banished...I had a sign from my totem animal yesterday that I almost was too wrapped up to see...but he is there for me...I know things are going to be alright...
I have been struggling with my eating recently and I don't know exactly why but I feel better today and after I finish going through here and drinking my lovely coffee I am going to get on the elliptical and sweat it up! DD and I have appt this afternoon to get our hair colored which I know will make me feel fabulous! So...you all take care... Thank you....

buddly 01-05-2008 04:00 PM

Happy Saturday all :wave:

Hi Ravengirl, so glad you decided to join us here. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Hope you get good news :hug: Enjoy your afternoon getting pampered.

Hope, so glad to "see" you. :hug:

Cherry congrats on dropping four pounds already. Good luck on the welbutrin hopefully it will do the trick.

Heather congrats on getting all the decorations away, our little "Grinch" (thats what the tree was christened, my mom got "Charlie Brown" as her's is skinnier and leaned) still has his beads and decorations on. The girls love decorating, but aren't as keen on undecorating. Its like when they cook, not so keen on clean up there, go figure eh?;) And congrats on getting out of the 180's You are such an inpiration!

Leenie, I agree it has felt like a very long week. I'm glad we got a break from judo over the holidays. But everything starts up again on Monday.

Well not to much new here. Took ddC to the optometrist yesterday and got her glasses fixed and made her an appointment for the 15th to get her eye's checked. Hubby and ddA have gone into town to see if his truck has made it back and to do the grocery shopping. He broke down again and had to get it towed back to town. I am so glad he's just a company driver and we don't have to worry about repair costs.
Nothing planned for today except to clean out fish tanks and of course laundry.

Well take care everyone and have a great weekend,
K

Leenie 01-06-2008 08:46 AM

Happy Sonday ;)

Raven :welcome: of course you belong here.... how do you think we all got here? just by jumping in and sharing. And even if you don't have depression ALL is welcomed here. I have seasonal depression along with ADHD, anxiety and just being WEIRD ;) What ever news your waiting for with the MRI I'll be praying its WONDERFUL !!!!

Cherry CONGRATS on feeling good :hug: you really deserve it and heck.... 4 lbs is nothing to shake a stick at...thats a really awesome #. You go girl. Are you exercising?

Heather Heather Heather..... I'm ignoring you..... NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay so I won't say it loud (100 LBS GO HEATHER GO HEATHER GO HEATHER) You rock girlie. Oh one more thing... I am so not cleaning your house LOL haaaaaaaaa I do a 1/2 arse job on my own :lol3:

Buddly we have a 20 gal fish tank with two ginormous gold fish in them (.49 cent feeders) and boy are those fish dirty...I have to clean the tank every week blech. It started out as two little fish for DD b/c she really wanted them, now these monsters are about 7" long...beautiful....but dirty... 3 years later OY. LOLOL

Well girlies..... got a roaster in the oven, and laundry going.... now its off to check on some other boards and then its cleaning time again.

Have a great weekend.

:hug: