3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Eating well, but not doing well with working out consistently (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/129682-eating-well-but-not-doing-well-working-out-consistently.html)

bassetbabe 12-30-2007 02:11 PM

Eating well, but not doing well with working out consistently

The weird thing is usually for me its the other way. I don't eat well, but exercise a lot. I just have no ambition or something. I started a better eating style a few weeks ago and have lots some weight. I hadn't worked out in about a month due to some back problems. Back problems are fixed (thank you doctor) and I've been given permission to do any work out I feel up to. I just can't seem to pull my butt out of bed. I think I'm falling into another depression with my bi-polar disorder. I'm sleeping a ton and have no ambition for much of anything. It took just about everything for hubby to drag me out of bed this morning (at noon) and shove me in the shower. I hope this passes soon. I feel ok emotionally, not sad, but sleeping a ton and no ambition, that seems to be the way my depression works (I have a moderate, not severe form of bipolar disorder). Ok, just wanted to get that out, you are welcome to respond if you wish. thanks.

callmelorena 12-30-2007 02:37 PM

I have a sister who is Bi-Polar, so i empathize with your situation. She also has "episodes" her latest was her running away from here husband of three weeks... anyway....

Im not sure what to say, except i hope you start to feel better. At least you are eating right and you have your husband supporting you. I think its hard on everyone to go to the gym, lots of times i have not wanted to go, i make myself, and tell myself to stay ten minutes and if i still wan tto leave i can.

Maybe you could try some at home easy exercises untill you feel like going out again.. When all else fails, dont worry about it, it will pass...:hug:

scorpiochic 12-31-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassetbabe (Post 1973435)
The weird thing is usually for me its the other way. I don't eat well, but exercise a lot. I just have no ambition or something. I started a better eating style a few weeks ago and have lots some weight. I hadn't worked out in about a month due to some back problems. Back problems are fixed (thank you doctor) and I've been given permission to do any work out I feel up to. I just can't seem to pull my butt out of bed. I think I'm falling into another depression with my bi-polar disorder. I'm sleeping a ton and have no ambition for much of anything. It took just about everything for hubby to drag me out of bed this morning (at noon) and shove me in the shower. I hope this passes soon. I feel ok emotionally, not sad, but sleeping a ton and no ambition, that seems to be the way my depression works (I have a moderate, not severe form of bipolar disorder). Ok, just wanted to get that out, you are welcome to respond if you wish. thanks.

Ask you doctor about lamictal which has great anti-depressant effects for bi-polar. It helps stabilize moods and has no weight gain effects.

bassetbabe 12-31-2007 12:03 PM

I've done Lamictal and I had HORRIBLE side effects on it. I've tried multiple meds for this and am currently on Celexa since it helps with my panic and anxiety disorders. Still playing the med game which is no fun. Find a med that works well for one thing, add something for another thing and stuff gets thrown out of whack. Fingers crossed that this passes soon.

I drug my butt out of bed this morning and gave my new yoga DVD a try. Not bad, definitely not as easy as it looks either LOL.