3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekly Cackle - December 10th - 16th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/128627-weekly-cackle-december-10th-16th.html)

Leenie 12-10-2007 08:41 AM

Weekly Cackle - December 10th - 16th

Good Morning,

Can't play as usual but wanted to come in here and start this thread up.
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Any exciting plans for the week ahead???

Love you girls :hug:

srmb60 12-10-2007 09:18 AM

Good morning ... sorta ...

It's nearing a time of year that is difficult for many of us. Almost every night, I'm having those dreams ... I'm in highschool without a time table -or- I'm on a trip with no itineray -or- I have to leave but can't find the things I need to take with me.

It's definitely time to take some control.
Although I usually manage quite well with a half dose of my meds 5 or 6 days a week, I'm going to max dose everyday. I'm getting much better at sharing my anxiety with DH who is more than willing to share my load. I must eat clean and get outside each day.

It really is a very short portion of the year. A small blip in life in general.
Stern measures, careful planning ... it doesn't have to be the black hole of the holidays ... right?

HeatherAngel 12-10-2007 09:44 AM

Happy Monday! :wave:

Susan - I have those dreams... often I am doing a play or performance of some kind, and have no costume, don't know my lines, never had a rehearsal, etc. Aren't they awful to wake up from? I always know it is about feeling out of control, too, and this IS a bad time of year... :hug: Hope you feel better.

Well, hubby and I went off to his work Christmas party this weekend, and it really was very nice to a) get away for a change of scene, and b) dress up and feel great! It was so strange - I took my camera, and it was the camera that then 'went round the room'... later - I didn't recognize myself (well, not right away) as I looked at a photo with me in it... bizarre. GOOD, but bizarre. ;)

We also got a bit of skiing in on Sunday morning, and not only is that my first skiing of the season, but also the first time since starting to lose weight - what a different feeling! A different center of gravity, different use of my leg muscles... and VERY different getting on the ski lift! :lol:

Hope everyone has a good day planned, and Life doesn't throw you any curve balls today! :grouphug:

Chat soon -
Heather :D

HeatherAngel 12-11-2007 05:11 PM

Where ya'll hiding today? Out Christmas shopping? ;)
Missing you gals!

Sassy_Chick 12-11-2007 10:14 PM

Hi Chicks.

Hey All.

No Christmas Shopping here. No $$. lol. We don't even have our Wreath up, only thing we have out for Christmas is our "Holiday Doormat" lol. I asked DH if he wanted to stop at the storage to get some of the holiday decorations, he didn't seem to thrilled about it, so I just dropped it.

Today is DH's bday. I wish I had requested tomorrow off. :( I could ask my boss, but its kinda late notice, even though there will be coverage here. Oh well...............Live and Learn I guess.

Well that is about all for me.

:hug:

srmb60 12-12-2007 10:50 AM

Good morning!

I haven't had that dream for a couple of nights. In fact, I've slept quite well.

We're running into the money thing too. No more shopping until DH gets paid on Friday. That's OK. These evening shifts are sapping my energy this week. I think I'll stay in my pyjamas until I have to get ready for work. Not blah staying in pyjamas ... just casual relaxing staying in pyjamas ;)

Leenie 12-12-2007 12:37 PM

:wave:

Will play later :(

Love you all :hug:

buddly 12-12-2007 08:15 PM

Hi ladies!:wave:

Not to much new here. I still have to get started on the baking that we send out every year. This year I'm going to add antipasto in the packages so my mom and I are going to get together Saturday night to make and preserve that. I ended up having a 5!?! hour nap this morning so not much got done today so far. Yesterday was interesting in the fact that when I was coming home the snow was drifting across our road and since I had to go out again to pick C up from her basketball practice I was hesitant about driving into our driveway. Well I pulled up across the driveway and my drivers front tire slipped off the road and into the ditch and there was no way I was getting out. I called BCAA to pull me out, but it was a two hour wait. Thankfully my sister was able to pick C up and bring her home. I did manage to spend two plus hours shoveling so I got my exercise! (Hubby caught the snowblower on a cord and the auger ripped out, so until he can get that fixed its the old fashioned way for us!)

Anyway I better go C is waiting impatiently to go to judo practice. Just wanted to pop in and say HI!

Take care everyone,
K

Leenie 12-13-2007 08:23 AM

:wave:

Leaving early from work b/c of the snow storm on its way. Schools are closing.

TTYL :hug:

HeatherAngel 12-13-2007 09:13 AM

Morning all -

I've been at the lab this morning for the barrage of tests for my physical; had to do that blood glucose test, and all I could think, looking at that glucose drink, was: "Holy cow - how many calories in THIS?!" :lol:

Nothing else of news - just tired and out of whack today - chat soon -

hope4me 12-13-2007 11:41 PM

Hi everybody,

Long time, no post. I finally got into the decorating spirit when I found out my friend from out of town is visiting this weekend and that my mom is coming here for Xmas. It took about 3 days and I actually did more than usual. It is so nice after it's done. I also got the carpets and my furniture cleaned. That is really great.

That's about all I've been up to lately. The retail job never called. Oh well, after my mom goes home I'll really begin to bug some place to hire me while I wait for the financial company to make a decision.

I really must begin to take my weight and health seriously. I know, I know, new years resolutions are coming, but it's not really about that. I feel like I'm ready to start exercising, but the food issues I'm not so sure about. One thing at a time. One of these usually leads to another for me on the up side. Maybe if I do some movement I won't feel the need to keep stuffing myself so much. Of course these are just thoughts right now.

I'm thinking about you all! I promise I will try to check in more.

HeatherAngel 12-14-2007 09:29 AM

Morning! :wave:

Hope, great to see you hon!! :hug: Sounds like you ARE ready to :kickbutt:!! You go, girl!

Nothing new here - nasty sore throat - but better to get it now than next week... lots of snow to go and clear, and not much else on my to-do list - hurrah!

Have a great day all!!

Leenie 12-14-2007 01:22 PM

Hi Girlies..... :wave:

I'll post more tomorrow :D Have a good evening and T.G.I.F. WHOOT

Sassy_Chick 12-14-2007 05:31 PM

Blue Christmas.........

Hi all.

DH just told me that MIL called him crying, I guess FIL is not doing well. Dunno if I told you or not, but he has been having lots of problems with is leg, well they found out he broke it and he was walking around on it without knowing it was broke, so of course that made it worse. Well he is a very bad Diabetic as well as other health probs and he now has really bad sores and of course they aren't healing as quickly since he's a Diabetic and all, MIL is concerned and thinks they may have to amputate his leg. That is probably the extreme, but my MIL is a retired ICU nurse, so its not like she doesn't know what she is talking about, even though yes it is her husband and all. So we're just praying that everything heals well and he gets better.

DH told MIL we will come there for Christmas since they really can't get out. FIL can't drive and neither can MIL and we wouldn't want them too. I told DH to tell her that we can even stop by the grocery store and just pick up a meal there from the Deli or something. I just don't want them to think they have to cook a big meal or anything.

DH wants to go over next Thursday to visit with them a bit. FIL is getting cabin fever, so DH thinks a visit from us may help a little.

My mom has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas, so we probably won't get to see her until Springtime now. :( Oh well hopefully by next summer she will be living with us anyway!!! :crossed:

Well that is all from my end. I know I am just a bundle of joyous news, aren't I? lol. I even added "Blue Christmas" on my myspace page. lol.............Dramatic, aren't I? lol.

Big :hug: to all.

hope4me 12-14-2007 11:31 PM

Hi ladies,

Sassy: So sorry about your FIL. I hope it's not as serious as you fear. Sounds like a visit may do him good. So I guess you got off for Xmas after all?

I can't figure out why all you lovely ladies keep getting the snow I so desire? I want tons of it! A blizzard would suit me fine. It rarely snows at all here now and I love snow. Now that I'm not working it would be even better because I could just watch it all day long, curl up with the cat, and make a pot of soup. But alas... we keep getting 70 degree days in December.

My friend is coming to town tomorrow for a couple of days. I guess we'll do some shopping and probably eating as usual. What are y'all doing this weekend?