Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #1  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Default Back at it again...

Hello everyone!

I used to post here frequently about a year or so ago... My name's Janna, and I'm a college student at the University of Minnesota. I had lost the weight and reached near my goal last summer and was ecstatic about it. Unfortunately, the freshman fifteen was working against me. That in combination with medication changes and the recent diagnosis of borderline personality disorder (on top of the depression and anxiety) has caused enough stress in my life that I've gained the weight back. I'm not sure how much I weigh because I know if it's worse than what I expect that I'll end up very depressed about it.

I want to get back on the wagon. I want to exercise again, I want to lose the weight again, I want to eat healthy again. I want to feel sexy and attractive again. My boyfriend doesn't appear to mind the extra weight, but I do. I don't feel comfortable anymore. My clothes aren't fitting me right anymore.

So, I am back here again, hoping that with some support I can lose the weight again. Last time I lost it using the Bread for Life diet, and I think I can possibly do that again, especially now that it's summer and I'm living in an apartment. Though come fall I'll be in the dorms again, I will worry about that later. What really concerns me about this is that I just got over a severe depression and I don't want the added stress of diet and exercise to get me all worked up again.

I hope you all have some advice for me. I know what I need to do, but getting the energy and motivation to do it is difficult. Thank you all for reading this! Have a great day,

Janna <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Janna! I wasn't here to meet you last time, but good luck this time around!! Just having the willpower to try again is great. Everyone has setbacks..We're only human!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote