Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat, April 2nd - 8th

Good Morning,

I'm home today, TOM is visiting and I feel like do do.

How are you? how was your weekend? hope it was a good one. I have only 3 days of work this week (now that I took off today) and I have alot of work to do to prepare for

Whats everyone's plans.... my other plan this week besides cleaning is to really make better choices and not eat out of "just because"

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

It's dull and rainy here today - it always makes it harder for me to get out and walk when the sun isn't shining But I plan to at least get out of the house today, so that's a start!

Leenie - there's something about April that makes me want to sort and clean and organize my house... so I am hoping to burn lots of calories doing that - LOL!

This week - I am going to walk at least three times (weekdays) with the dog, and get to bed at a good, normal time - aim to be IN bed by 11pm.

Chat soon -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Heather and

I agree, april is a great month to want to open the windows and get some fresh air in the house as well as clean it of the winter ickies.

Walking 3x.. thats teriffic !!! bet your doggy loves it as well. If my dog hears the colar slightly move, she comes running 90 mph. Good luck with your plan. Sounds like a great place to start.

I don't even want to tell you what time I am in bed at night LOLOL *BlUSH* okay... 8:30 PM LOL. I get up between 4:30 and 5 AM so going to bed any later than that and I wake up really tired lol.

Where is everyone today???... okay who farted?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I am so glad its spring break here finally! No rushing to catch the bus. Besides that it was around -15C (around 10F) with a wind chill of -25C brrrr!! Its "warmed" up to -10C (14F?) (my converter calculator doesn't want to go into the negatives today, so my figuring may be off) And here I thought it was suppose to be spring! At least the sun is shining and it looks pretty.
I was thinking of running into town today and pick up some sandpaper so we can get started on painting the girls' room, but I'll do that later when I have to get C to judo practice. Other than that I think today is more or less a nothing day. Saturday was kind of busy as C had a little club tournament to attend. She won a silver. The fabric sale was a little disappointing for me. There were some lovely prints, but nothing for my projects. Fabricland was having an anniversary sale, but I didn't make it down for that. B's birthday was just us. My mom was hoping to come out for dinner, but after work and with her gout, she was just to tired. I can't believe B is 17 already, I'm not old enough to have kids this old (C is 15, B is 17 and A is 19)
Hubby had to work Sunday morning, but the afternoon and evening was spent snuggling and "watching" movies I'm afraid I "saw" more of the insides of my eyelids than I did the movies, but what are weekends for??

Welcome Heather and good luck with your plans. And good luck with the bedtime. I'm a terrible night owl which makes for terrible mornings.

leenie take it easy today and I hope you feel better.

I should go and see what I can do, poor hubby had to go to work while the rest of us slept, so I should make it look like I did something.

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Default dogs?

what kind? I have a golden retriever female,sometimes I swear she is the only one that gets me LOL,but now that weather is nicer I think we can both use the walks,poochie and mom both gained this winter lol.I would live to hear about all of your dogs,good and bad.Pets just make me so happy.
How often do you gals walk?
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #6  
Heather 2.0

Hi again -

I don't walk my poor dog enough!! - But dogs are amazing - he loves me anyway!

I have a chocolate lab named Murphy - and he has had a pretty sedentary winter, too... in fact, he walks about as far as me, and is ready to go home about the same time - hahaha! I must be walking faster than I used to though, cause I am going farther and getting back at the same time.

For the Easter weekend, hubby and I are going to go on a 'hike' - weather permitting. Now, this is new to me, and kind of terrifying - walking the dog is one thing, but 'going on a hike' sounds like something altogether unmanageable... but I have told him how I feel, so we're going out to prove I can SO 'go for a hike'... LOL! If we go an hour, I'll be happy. Not too much too soon, please!

Have a great evening everyone!

Heather
Old 04-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
I'll try this again, it wouldn't take my last one!

Anyway, boy is it quiet in here!

Nothing new here, still cold, but the sun is shining so that is nice.

Good luck on your hike, Heather. I hope you enjoy it.

As for dogs, we have a ****z-tsu cross, thats him in my avatar dressed up as "Maxie Garcia" We haven't been going for our normal walks, so he is overweight as well. He does walk up to the bus stop in the morning as his job is to get the girls on the bus on time. We also have acerage, so he runs around outside a lot keeping us safe from the squirrels that taunt him. He's near sighted, so they have fun with him. There was a moose in the yard yesterday, so that kept him busy sniffing and trying to figure out where it went.
There is a lady in our neighbourhood that makes me shake my head as she walks her dog with her car. We've passed her a couple of times with the leash hanging out of the driver's side window and the dog trotting along beside her. It just seems wrong to me some how, but maybe she can't walk, I don't know, but the dog looks like he need those walks.

Anywho, I'm off. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #8  

Default dogs

I think my dog is part human..........(no It isnt my anxiety medication lol),I wanted to go For a walk and she didn't want to go,It was raining she might melt.I have never seen a golden that doesnt like water.Heather your hike sounds like an awesome challenge .this is the best time of year for It, It isnt too hot yet.Baby steps and if all else fails your chocolate can pull you along LOL.I wish I could set a challenge for myself you should be proud of yourself,Let me know how you make out.The little shi tzu is soo cute what is she crossed with? she doesnt look overweight.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi All!

Hello All!

Heather!

Been storming here. We're even supposed to get hail!

Been okay, I have my moments where I do break down about my cat, like today, I accidentally called my other Cat Puddy and I just lost it. I suppose that will happen for a while. But mostly I'm doing okay.

I did have a "meltdown" at work on Sunday. Just a lot of things (work-related) all built up and I just had enough. But it did felt good afterwards but I need to learn to not let things build up like that.

So how is everybody here doing?

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #10  
Heather 2.0

Thanks everyone for the welcomes - I am glad to be here!

I was put on Seroquel in January to combat the side effects of Lamictal (spelling?) - but am now just on the Seroquel (200mg at night)... it has settled me a great deal. Still have my 'moments' - this past week has been a nightmare with PMS (Positively Monstrous Syndrome!!) but I feel pretty good overall, if a little sluggish.

When the sun comes back to SW Ontario I'll do a lot better!!

Have a positive day, everybody!

Heather

Sassy - sorry to hear about your cat - it is SO hard to lose pets. We had to lose our oldest dog in February, and it just breaks the human heart, doesn't it?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Default Good SNOWY Night All!

Howdy Girls.

Wow! Talk about Temperature Change! Holy Moly! Its SNOWING! The wind is blowing, this is just plain weird! They say that its supposed to get into the negative temperatures this weekend? What kind of Easter is this going to be? Easter Bunny better bundle up! lol.

Of course with all this blasted weather my back and DH's knees are killing us! Can't wait until the weather finally makes up its mind! lol.

Heather -- I'm currently on Wellbutrin XL, which my stupid insurance refuses to pay for since there is a Generic Version -- Budeprion XL, which I've tried, doesn't work as good and even the Dr has said that is because it isn't a time release like the Wellbutrin. Stupid insurance! Yes it is almost devestating to lose a pet that you've had for so long. They become a part of the family and for me, he was like my "child" since I have PCOS and cannot have children. So sorry to hear about your dog.

Well you all take care and KEEP WARM -- if it is cold where your at, if not, then um, well lol...............

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Sassy, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. At the ripe old age of 23, I'm already a crazy cat lady. Between my roommate and I, we've got 4 living in the house (2 are mine, one is hers, one was moved in on a temporary basis for a friend five months ago and the roomie is now seriously attached). One of my current two is a replacement for one that was lost. I went out of town and left my apartment in the care of a friend of mine, while I was gone he accidentally let her out. After a seriously agonizing couple of days putting up signs in my neighborhood and placing an ad in the local paper, I got a call from a woman who had found a cat matching the description of mine less than a mile away. So I went to see the cat- it wasn't mine, but she was so beautiful and so sweet and the woman who found her couldn't keep her... so I did. She's lovely. I'd post a pic but I'm not sure if it's allowed.

In other news, it's dropping down to freezing tonight after several weeks of weather in the 80s. I'm not okay with that. Why live in Tennessee in the first place if you're going to freeze in April?

Hope everyone is doing well, and good luck to everyone who's being hit by this cold snap harder than me and my thin-blooded southern self.

Last edited by kella; 04-05-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Edited: almost have a degree in English, should be able to write it properly.
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:03 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girls,

Buddly, that woman sounds crazy, what is she thinking when she walks/rides her dog like that.... is she THAT lazy? my stars. You should video tape it LOL

Sassy glad your feeling better. Some times it does help to just let it all out Sorry to hear about kitty !!!

Heather I'm the same way, the sun makes a huge difference in how I feel.

Debbie, my mom's golden does not like the rain unless you are out there with her and then she loves it...same as my lab/shepard mix. They are silly dogs.

Kella, sorry the kitty wasn't yours to answer your question yes, you can post a picture of your kitty

Well girls, its been an insane week at work, I will be doing 2 jobs as the one lady retires at the end of this month and most likely not be compensated for it. I applied for this job (the retired womans job) but even though she is training me, its not guaranteed I''ll get it. They are playing head games

Other than that, I'm home today YAHOOO and in 3 more days its
my favorite time of the year.

Cathy !!! hope your okay.

Gotta run ladies but I'll be back later
Old 04-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #14  

Default busy week

Wow busy week ladies.
Good ol Canadian weather,frozen chocolate bunnies for easter Pina coladas in the sun for Christmas LOL.
So,heather how was the hike?we should set a weekly goal for anything remotely physical for the week.You have inspired me heather.or is it the effexor lol
Had a huge fight with my 17 year old daughter this week.I love her to pieces but man can she get me angry. I will admit it she is an only child and spoiled rotten to the core.I have created a monster.
She is off to college this fall and I dont know how I am going to deal with It.
But life goes on.my dog even p****d me off this week.She found her first black and white stripped kitty (skunk) this week.Nothing smells better than
skunk on a already stinky golden .I think this is my PMS week also.I have heart palpitations PVC's induced by my anxiety and lovely gastic reflux which are worse at pms time not to exclude bloating cramping headach and just plain feeling like crap.
Thank you ladies for allowing me to vent I feel better now LOL
Old 04-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #15  

Default more

soo sorry about your cat,The loss of a pet can be devastating .I dont think docs truly understand how the loss of a pet effects us.They become part of our family and lives .You need to take care of yourself.Events like this can trigger all kinds of depression and anxiety.mine all started shortly after the loss of a pet.my grandma burned in a house fire I started a new job and It was close to christmas so a combination of events may have been a trigger.But i still think It was losing my dog I have a new dog she is a sweetie and I love her but I dont think that I have the same kind of bond with her that I had with brandy.so please take care of yourself