Favorite cooking tools

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I love my Rotisserie. We love chicken and pork chops fixed in it. Also love my new food processor.
  • I can't live without my vegetable steamer/rice cooker. It makes fresh veggies tast soooo yummy
  • I love my Misto because you just add oil of choice (EVOO in my case) and then pump and spray. I use much less that way and it's also cheaper and more environmentally friendly than aerosol sprays like Pam or Fry Light. I also love my steamer, my wok, my electric kettle and my big old-fashioned, well-seasoned cast iron skillet. True, I don't fry chicken in it anymore but I'm very emotionally invested in it!
  • Oops! Can't believe I forgot my adorable fajita skillets! Individual serving sizes and have their own wooden base so presentation is quite pleasing, too!
  • microwave for reheating. glen
  • I love my magic bullet. So much easier for diet shakes and smoothies. Easier to clean. BJF
  • I use my immersion (stick) blender almost every day, also my drink blender for smoothies. I also wouldn't be without my electric kettle for boiling water for tea and my little expresso machine for my daily latte!
  • George Foreman grill, crockpot, steamer, coffee grinder, microwave, blender.

What is a Foodsaver???
  • It's a small kitchen appliance that you use to take the air out of freezer bags when you are freezing food. It comes with a roll of bags that you can cut to whatever size you need. You put your food in, place the edges of the bag around the suction nozzle, press a button and voila! The air is all sucked out. You then press another button and the bag is sealed with heat along the edges and then you can toss the food into the freezer.

I've had mine for years and use it to divide things into two person portions. I also use it for freezing cheese and blanched summer vegetables or berries that I use during the winter. It's really handy and a great item for saving money
  • Definitely my G foreman, misto, and digital scale.

I used to kinda be known for my killer (now, literally) brownies. For Christmas last year I was given one of those "as seen on TV" brownie pans that divides the pan into 18 squares. It sat around for a while because I didn't really know what to do with it.
    Recently I started making my own granola and granola bars to have more control over the calories and the content (ie, cut out the poison sweeteners and preservatives) and I found that the silly little divider pan is perfect for making equal little granola bar squares in perfect little portions.
    It can also help with baked things (cake, corn bread) that are easy to over eat when you are in control of cutting your own portions. One tip is to fashion a little "boat" under it with some tin foil to catch anything that leaks from the bottom (think- spring form pan without the pressure clasp). Works better with thicker batters.
  • the oven (for making bread), Crockpot, and my teapot (for making iced tea)

and i want a magic bullet!!!!
  • My toaster oven (which is also a Rotisserie) my water cooler that has instant hot, my electric kettle, coffee grinder and french press when I have good coffee beans, my rice cooker (because brown rice is a PITA to fool with otherwise) and my kitchenaide stand mixer.... I am my Grandma Sally's granddaughter, I could go on and on.... lol

7hrs met Fri
  • Good tongs - have had my Williams Sonoma ones for at least 10 years and use them almost daily.

Kitchen scissors that separate for cleaning. I use them also almost daily to snip fresh herbs, cut bite size pieces of cooked proteins, and in my pizza days they were the most excellent way to cut slices.
  • I love my Foreman grill. I have a HUGE one and use it almost everyday. I wish it had removable plates though.

My favourite pan is a non-stick "chicken fryer." It's a very large frying pan with tall sides, about 3" tall. Also came with a very nice lid. I use this pan for EVERYTHING! It's large enough to make chili and other stews but I also use it to make (very large) crepes, sauteeing, steaming, pan-frying, you name it. So versatile!

I just bought a plastic microwave vegetable steamer but I can already tell it will be used almost daily. I throw veggies in the steamer basket, set it over a small bowl of water, and have crisp steamed veggies in just a few minutes! I'm so happy I don't have to boil veggies anymore.

I also have a very nice set of glass baking pans with matching silicone lids. One is 9x9 square and the other 9x11. I use these for everything and just snap the lid right on the pan when I have leftovers.
  • I can't live without my block knife set! And their dishwasher safe.