Freezing Cream-based Soups?

• Hi, all!
    I recently made a soup that was meant to be made with half and half and whole milk, but I made it with a combo of 2% and 1% milk. So, even if a cream-based soup could be frozen, I'm not sure if this could.

Do you think I can freeze this without it separating? I'm clueless about this, but it made a lot of soup and I don't think we'll finish it before it goes bad.
  • Quote: Hi, all!
    I recently made a soup that was meant to be made with half and half and whole milk, but I made it with a combo of 2% and 1% milk. So, even if a cream-based soup could be frozen, I'm not sure if this could.

Do you think I can freeze this without it separating? I'm clueless about this, but it made a lot of soup and I don't think we'll finish it before it goes bad.
    I don't know about freezing at this point. But you can make soups like that, and add the cream at the table, so it doesn't get frozen.
  • I've frozen cream based soups before and they do just fine. You just need to stir well as you're heating them up. I make potato cream soup all the time and freeze the extras.