Surimi/Imitation Crab: Ideas?

• I bought too much of this because it was on sale.

I made a crab salad with a base of Greek yogurt mixed with wasabi and light soy. That was good!

But now I still have 2 lbs of fake crab left.

Please -- if you have ideas -- share them!
  • I put it in pasta sauce. I just throw it in, it "uncurls" a bit. It's very tasty!
  • It freezes fine for another day.
  • Thanks for the info!
  • You can throw it in soups also for a nice seafood flavor. Great in omlets too. or you can use it like a can of tuna and make a spread or "salad" and use in a wrap or between slices of bread.
  • Omlettes or fritattas definitely.

I have put it in pasta before - used to use it with alfredo sauce, but that's not quite diet-friendly these days, so maybe a spicy marinara?

Or a cold pasta salad - I'm thinking off the top of my head: whole wheat rotini, surimi, broccoli, celery, mushrooms, and some light creamy italian dressing?

Put it in a cobb-style salad; greens, avocado, surimi, tomatoes, boiled eggs.

You could make soup - a "crab" and corn bisque type of thing with skim milk, carrots, onions, celery, corn.

Or, as someone else suggested - freeze it for next time!

• I cut it into smallish pieces and add itt to salads - basically, any type of salad that would tolerate hard-boiled eggs as an addition (particularly to fish salads). Because of my plan, which is high on protein, I add cut surimi to my egg-white omelettes. Also because of the plan, as I can't have rice, I use a surimi-and eggwhite mixture (microwaved) for the sushi. Devilled eggs - mix the yolks, surimi, a touch of mustard (especially the retro version with seeds etc), any spice you like for a healthy and attractive party snack, or as a treat.
    P.S. Oh dear lol - I just noticed the date of the original posting! You must have eaten the crab supply by now! Anyways, great idea about the yoghurt plus wassabi salad, thanks!
  • I use it in stir fries too. Lots of veggies (peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms) cooked in a little oliver oil and served on brown rice.