Old 11-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #151  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Big Mama51

Wow! Very impressive numbers bigmama51, Youve come a long way. Keep up the good work!
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #152  
Ivy135

S/C/G: 219/171/135

Height: 5"4

Talking

Hi ALL

HOPE EVERYONES DOING WELL AND DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER
AS FOR ME I'M DOING WELL STICKING TO DIET...AS BEST AS I CAN WILL GO POWER WALKING AT PARK IF WEATHER PERMITS.
JASMIN HELLO HOW ARE YOU?
SUGAR BABY FOLLOW SOUTH BEACH DIET AND AM WITH PHYSICIANS WEIGHT LOSS MANAGEMENT DR. GOLDSMITH
DOLLI PIE THANKS FOR WELCOME
MANDE WILL GO FOR ABOUT 10-12 POUNDS LOSS THIS MONTH
SHARI HI AGAIN!!!!NICE TO SEE YOU HERE WISH YOU LUCK WITH THIS CHALLENGE
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A LOOSING WEEKEND!!!!!

IVY

WHEN SHOULD WE WEIGH IN?
my ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #153  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Mande, how did you do?

Welcome Cacmsc!

Congrats Melissa!

Melody, hope your headache goes away. I'm waiting for mine to disappear.

Congratulations LittleGG!

Welcome BigMama!

Have fun Dolly!

Hi Ivy!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #154  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Dolly and Jasonslea...thanks so much for the congrats! Your support means the world to me!

Dolly....I hope you have a great trip!! Good luck with your choices, just remember portion control and moderation! Keep those goals in sight you'll do GREAT!!

Is everyone ready to make this the best weekend ever? Weekends are so tough for me but I'm going to do my best!! I'm more powerful than anyfood could ever be right?! We can do this!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:26 PM   #155  

Howdy everybody!
Let's see... Had an veggie egg omlet today with some "fried" taters. (Used a spray of Pam and a no stick pan for these babies. I ended up using some water too cause I almost had burnt taters. )
Turkey and carrots for snack.
Lentil and veggie soup with rice cake and diet jello and some MOOOORE carrot sticks. I need something else to snack on with my meals.
Tonights dinner will be Turkey Chili.
Tomorrow I will be gone all day. I will walk for an hour if I can make it that long. Then head on over to a huge Creative Memories Scrappin' happin' crop!!! whaaaah hooooo! I love scrapbooking and this will last all day long. One HUGE problem thought.... FOOOD They are catering from Olive Garden I've decided I will do without the breadsticks. I will drink lots of water. I will bring some carrot sticks HAHA and a protein bar BUT I have to deal with the salad dressing and the lasagna.... I'm sure my taste buds will love it but I really want to stick with my dieting. I want this fat alien OFF OF ME!!!!!! I wonder how many calories are in the dressing and lasagna... hmm. Anyone know?

Jasmine where are you?????? Hope everything is going ok with you....
Welcome bigmama!!!! and Cacmsc

my ivy I sure needed some will power dust thanks!!!

How long will you be gone dollypie? Is this business or pleasure? Hope you have a safe trip!

Welp, I guess I'd better make like a baker and haul some BUNS!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #156  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

cacmsc: Glad you joined us!
Melissa: Congrats on the loss! I didn't see Oprah yesterday (when she airs, I'm usually at work ), but I'm a HUGE FAN!
lodyangel: Sorry to hear about your sister, what happened (if you don't mind sharing) and is she alright? I firmly believe that if my body says "BREAK TIME" and sincerely means it (ie: pain, etc), then it's important to listen. I hope you feel better, and by giving your body the rest it's needing, you will be more successful tomorrow!
littlegg: Peanut butter! But it's killer on the calories :S
bigmama51: Welcome! Good luck, you can do it! Slipups can be used just as strongly for good. It will remind you of your goal, and you've come so far already! Way to go!
my ivy: Great goal. Good luck, you can do it! As for weighing in, most of us do it once a week. I do mine of Friday (eep, today!).
JasonsLea: I did well yesterday, but today... Well, it's all explained below lol.
sugarbaby269: How did scrap booking go? I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING TOO!!@#$$%%^ Before I moved up here in September, my friend Alexia and I used to scrapbook on the weekends

Today I failed. And it's okay. I've done so well thus far. But the day was off to a bad start to begin with...
This morning I went and measured my cereal, and when I went to go for the milk. OH! No more. So I was running around trying to figure out what to do for breakfast, and before I knew it, it was time to leave for the gym, so I walked away without breakfast.
The gym was the only thing successful today. I worked out for 30 minutes on the circuit, and had good conversations with the ladies today. Lots of gossip!
Because of my delay, I ended up not planning any meals for today, time was going by just TOO FAST! I ended up buying an egg salad sandwich with a side salad. I had that for a snack/lunch at around 10am, then we drove out to the next city (30 minutes from us) to do some shopping. Well the (soontobe)DH and MIL wanted McD's, and I was sooo hesitant. I didn't think I was strong enough. The whole time on the way there, and standing in line, I just kept telling myself, "Get the yogurt. Get the yogurt." I didn't. I got a single patty cheeseburger, and ate half my fries, PLUS THE FIRST DRINK OF POP IN MANY WEEKS! I felt so bad. I ended up feeling all dragged out, and fell asleep for the drive home.
Got home, and for dinner I made rice and wings for the guys, and I just had rice with a side of peas and corn. Then I ate ice cream. But not just a cup, or half a cup. A whole wopping 3 large spoons

So today was not a good day. And as promised, my weigh-in.

277.2. Not as much as I hoped, but like you guys say, I'll take it!

Here's to better luck tomorrow.

~Mande

Last edited by martiniforme; 11-03-2006 at 10:08 PM.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #157  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

littlegg:

Quote:
Ive been working on that up thing and I finally think Ive got it rught.
By the way WOWEE Jasmine 31 ! You must be commended on your success!
Very very impressive. Dont worry about you little set back, you know what youre doing..we all need a holiday once in a while!
Hey sweetie I hadn't even noticed this last time when I first posted to everyone, seen it when I was looking for something on this page!

Anyhow thanx for the encouragement. It has been a long journey but it is worth it! I am glad that I can take a few day break and have it be just that, a break and be able to get back to work and keep losing!

That is the difference between just dieting and making this a lifestyle.

SarahMahfoud:

Quote:
Well I didnt really make it to my halloween goal. I had a party on saturday and I havent been to good with the eating. Today is my friends wedding and Im gonna be a bridesmaid. Im just going to try and not over eat. I want to be at 150 by thanksgiving. So starting tommorow Ive gotta really jump back on the wagon. See you soon.
Have fun at the wedding! Maintenance that nite sounds good!

(Sorry I missed your post then somehow too)

lodyangel:

Quote:
Hi! I want to join!
Hey hun welcome to the group! Your plan sounds good!

Losing4another:

Quote:
Jasmine~ your right...i should. Friday I will see how long it takes to walk a mile. Today's exercise was CLEANING. Hard floors, carpets, kitchen and laundry....Tomorrow will be bathrooms, bedrooms and yard. My daughters birthday party is tomorrow once all the to do's are done with that comes the REAL exercise.
17 points left .....dinner will be a piece of cake not really though....that will come tomorrow
It generally takes me about 20 minutes to do a mile. Cleaning extra is a great form of exercise too!!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
Peanut butter and tuna (packed in water) are really great protein sources too.

Jasmine....step away from the lasagne!!! LOL!!
hahaha I Did! I am so proud of myself! I went and made an early lunch at 11:30. I was even trying to add up in my head, 2 slices of wheat bread, one slice of am. cheese, some lowfat turkey and ham w/ mustard and I was like, come on! Tthe cals are similiar and the fat is just more, but I was like NO! The carbs in the lasagna are not whole wheat like the bread! It DOES have more fat, and all that would do is set me up for wanting more, plus there are two portions not one so you know I would of eaten both, and since I was being bad, hey why not have some more candy? and by dinner to heck with eating healthy! etc to infinity! So I put my foot down and was very good. Even had my chicken veggie rice that day. I was rewarded by being .75 down on the scale yesterday morning!!!(Then lost another .25 this a.m.)

Stevi-rocks:

Quote:
Yeah thats about it. When your said you had skipped entering it but not the cream I thought, "So?"
Next time just tell me I am crazy!

JasonsLea:

Quote:
What's up ladies? I'm already doing a Thanksgiving challenge but when I heard that some of my challenge chicks, including my gal Jelly, was doing this challenge, I had to do it too! Hope to make even more friends in this thread!
Aww sweetie that is a great idea! We are glad to have ya and the more support the better we all are!!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
What am I going to do? My birthday is coming up and friends and family want to treat me to lunch and dinner? SOS SOS SOS
Oh my gosh I wouldn't be able to resist that! Can you make it for lunch one day and dinner another? That way you can play with calories accordingly? Happy birthday hun!!!

martiniforme:

Quote:
Sorry to make this short, but I'm in a rush. Still so much to do tonight!
Tonight is the starting of 3 goals:
1. Start planning my meals a day in advance, rather than every morning over breakfast as I have been doing. This gives me a little more time, and a chance to change anything before it's too late!
2. Tomorrow is the day I start adding fruit to my breakfast.
3. I joined Curves today, and tomorrow is my first appointment. To start I'll be doing a cardio/circuit routine for 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week. They said I could come in up to 5 days a week, but I'll stick with 3 for now. The days I go will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I know tomorrow is Thursday, so I will go tomorrow and Friday.
That sounds great!!! One thing you need to do though is check the exercise forum! There is a sticky with like 10 exercises to avoiid that can actually hurt you. If I remember right I think it said curves had a few of the "bad machines"!!

Quote:
I know that I could stand to have more fruits and veggies in my diet, but right now I'm just working on getting in to the habit of weighing/measuring my food. Each week I will add something to my responsibility list, but I tend to get pretty lost if there is too much expected all at once
Take your time. Great habits take time but are not worth it. It has taken me 15 months of slow changes to get to where I am today. The first thing I added way back when was an apple a day and 1-2 bananas a week. Now I have a smoothie every day with 3-5 fruits, quite a difference! You are doing great!

Quote:
Jasmine: I do have measuring cups and measuring spoons, but today I bought a little $9.00 food scale (approx. $7.95 USD). I am all over premeasuring foods and freezing them, hehehe. I just couldn't stop! To just have all these premeasured foods ready to grab, and not having to worry right at that time about measuring. It's nice!!!
That is great! I am so proud of you. It will really make a difference too.

Quote:
So I won't be checking in tomorrow morning (maybe a chance tomorrow night), but I will be back on Friday for my weekly weigh-in.

Have a good night!
Good luck!!

jelly:

*waves at ya!!*

sugarbaby269:

Quote:
ventually you'll be drinking 1% milk and then when you're up to it you can do the same thing with the 1% milk and skim milk. Go it awhile mixing them half and half and pretty soon skim milk won't be terrible tasting. Anyway, just a thought.
I never cared for milk much anyhow! That is why my slimfast works good for me cause its already mixed with skim. phew! I love cheese though and there is a cereal I eat plain sometimes called total, one serving has 100% of some different vitamins and minerals and one of them is calcium!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
Okay ladies, I'm gonna do it! Tomorrow morning when I get up with my daughter to get her ready for school (she's 11 so really she does it herself) instead of sitting on the computer doing posting I'm going to get on my elliptical instead! I havent been on that thing for months! But I'm gonna do it! I know I can do it, I deserve to do it! I'm worth doing it for!! I'll let ya know how it goes! Failure is NOT an option, I dont care if its even for 10 minutes I am going to get on that machine!!!
That is great! Focus on making it a habit, work on the time later!!

Losing4another:

Quote:
Down two pounds Today is my daughter b-day party ....WISH ME LUCK
That is great news!!! WTG!!!!! Go easy on the cake! Good luck!!

jenniferp417:

Quote:
I'm a bit late joining the challenge, but I'm up for 5 pounds before Tday!
That is great I am so glad you joined us!!! Videos soiund like a good idea to start!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!! Well I did it!! I got on that elliptical this morning for 15 minutes, I wanted to go longer but I ran out of time. Had to hit the shower or lose my place in line. My leg is giving me a little bit of fits but nothing I cant handle, little ibuprofen might take it away I hope anyway. I feel great! I'm so very very proud of myself!! When I got up this morning I was telling myself...why did you post that you'd workout this morning? Why did you do it? I'm so glad now that I did!!
That is great! I am so proud of you! And see this thread held you accountable didnt it?

lodyangel:

Quote:
Well last night I worked out for 65 minutes. I did Denise Austins' Core work outs with the ball. I planned to do the entire thing, but it was too much for me the first time, so I only did the warm up, core and arms, and core and legs portions. Then for the last half hour I did my street heat dance video. Then stretched afterwards. Total of 65 minutes of moving. Plus I can count the core workout for strength training because I used weights for alot of it! Food wasn't the best. I slipped alittle. But I am back today and focused on how hot I am going to be if I don't eat Junk!
Well back to work. Everyone have a great day!
That is great! Well even though you slipped you still worked out! You can get a handle on the eating manana!

my ivy:

Quote:
HI, Wold like to join this challenge I hope I am not to late I love challenges and did pretty good last months Halloween challenge I lost 12 pounds.
That is great you are doing awesome! 12 pounds wow!! I lost 9.5 or 9.75 I cant remember now! It is never too late to join us!

Quote:
I am not eating any potatoes,pasta,rice, or breads of any kind. Will have low fat and fat free products and lean meats veggies and salad. will try to drink 1gal or more of water a day.
Are you scared of carbs? Just remember the right kinds of carbs are actually good for you! Whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole grain cereal etc. Its the white carbs that are bad. Either way good luck!!

Tisha___:

Quote:
Well, I haven't done crap this week, as far as exercise goes. Hopefully that will change tonight though. We'll see.

At least my calories are good for now. Although, for some reason I've had a hard time getting my last snack in at night. It's just been one thing after another. And, I've ended up with less calories than I was hoping for. Oh well... Maybe things will get back on track now that Halloween and all that is over.

Oh, and I finally made it to Alberston's to refill my water jugs last night, so I'm back on my water today. I've drank water the past few days, but just not as much as usual. Today I'm all restocked and ready to go. Now if I can just get to Wal-Mar tonight and buy some groceries, I'll be doing good.
Sounds good. Just remember that if you do exercise, think of how much more you will lose!!

my ivy:

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome Jasmin,

Wow sounds like a bad situation the ticket and all. Wish you luck In court I didn't know tickets could be so expensive . Meal replacement bars are pretty good and plenty of water.TE]

Today is my son's B-day he's 10 I will be taking cupcakes and snacks to his school keeping in mind not to eat any.

Take Care,
Ivy
Sure thing hun! Yes dont touch those cupcakes! On their b days I do allow myself one piece of cake. Otherwise Id feel deprived.
Thanx for the good luck in court. Ill get to that in a second.

Quote:
sugarbaby269:
Quote:
Wow, Sorry about your ordeal with the car, the ex and court, Jasmine! Looks like you're going to have one busy day ahead of you. Best of luck!
Yes I did! I made it thru though!

Quote:
BTW wjat os ICBINB spray?
hahahah, I see ya figured it out!!

Quote:
I am down to 261 today. Had this nasty cold thing going so my appetite hasn't been that great which is probably in some ways a good thing. However, I don't want to have my metabolism slow down because I didn't have much to eat yesterday. Today will be better. Same ol', same ol' and I doubt I'll exercise today cause I feel lousy. What a way to begin a diet.Anyhoo.... good luck everyone and have a great day!
I know what ya mean! Sometimes I dont want to eat more but dont want my cals too low. So I will add a low fat yogurt and / or a serving of healthy cereal. WTG on being down!!!

Neesy_20:

I've been losing a pound a day for the last week and a half and I haven't even been exercising like I should. I've lost 2lbs for this challenge so far. I can see onederland getting closer and closer!

Quote:
That is great I am so proud of you!! Have you really been losing a pound a day? What the heck are you doing? Tell us tell us!!!
littlegg:

Quote:
The smilie is for your x. I almost dont know what to say, except for thank god you are rid of him and you have no where to go now but up. I also hit rock bottom with 3 daughters 17,15,and 10. The x started drinking too much became abusive verbally and physically. My oldest is now 32.
We had some really rough times, but I pulled myself together went to school
part time for 5 years. I had to take out school loans( I am still paying for them) just to pay my mortgage and so the kids would have a Christmas. I got grants because I was below poverty level and worked part time jobs where I could get them. I graduated in 1995 with an Associate degree.
some where in all of that mess I met my soon to be husband who was a mechanic because my car was such a junker. Things worked out ok. I got a good paying job after I graduated and we got married in 1996. We get along great, the x is out of the picture for me and the kids, They have nothing to do with him. I actually feel sorry for him because he doesnt even know the 6 grandkids and they are the light of my life. We have a comfortable
life and are content.
Sounds like you have a great husband now, look ahead to the future.
I think there may be programs out there to help you even with a vehicle.
Good luck to you, as I can see from the success with your diet you are a strong willed woman and you will figure a way out of this one step at a time. Dont look back just keep moving forward. You will do it!
Awww sweetie thanx! I just loved your post!!!

That is awesome you were able to pull yourself out of a terrible situation and get ahead! That is tough to do!!! I don't know what programs could help us if you know of any let me know! Yes my new hubby is great, truly a remarkable man. My ex started getting abusive which is why I took them and left. He pulled alot of really bad stunts like bringing the cops to my door with false accusations the day he knew we were burying my mom. No respect at all! That day he also called my dad and threatened to cut his other foot off. My dad just laughed. Anyhow I just need to get my head together and figure out what to file to move. They are not helpful down there and wont tell me a thing! I guess I should just try to file a change in custody and ask the judge for permission to move while I am at it!

Quote:
Good luck to you, as I can see from the success with your diet you are a strong willed woman and you will figure a way out of this one step at a time. Dont look back just keep moving forward. You will do it!
Thanx sweetie! I am in such a better place now, mentally, physically, emotionally etc it really makes such a difference! Joe and God and my kids are the reason I am doing so great now!

Tisha___:

Quote:
Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but what does "smogged" mean?
Quote:
No questions are dumb hun! Basically California has so much pollution that they want cars in tip top shape and it has something to do with emmissions etc. Juts a pain in the butt!!
littlegg:

Quote:
Daaa, its I cant believe its not Butter .
And smogged could that mean pollution control like as in emssions test for your car?
Yeah basically!

littlegg:

Quote:
I just love this thread! We are all so supportive of each other! Its almost like a web family!
This is great! I think it is wonderful how supportive we all are of each other too. to everyone!!

dollypie:

Quote:
I had a really good workout this morning and worked on those abs. The question I always wonder...will I ever see my ab muscles...someday...maybe.

So did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? I was so sad to see Bobby and Pam leave.
Just keep at it hun!! I dont have cable so I dont get to watch any tv. What is going on with it?

Quote:
jasmine - You have been through so much and yet you still have such an upbeat attitude about everything. Way to stay postive! Do you know that one of my greatest fears is having a flat...how funny is that
Aww thanx hun! Well i try to look on the bright side of things. You just have to pick up the pieces and move on. A flat? Call AAA!!!!

SarahMahfoud:

Hope you had fun! What was the food like? Good job at getting back to work!

JasonsLea:

Quote:
Jasmine, damn! So sorry about the drama with the ex.
Thanx. Thank God we don't have to see him often. Now if we can just get permission to move we will be set!

martiniforme:

Quote:
So today was a good day. My alarm went off at 6am, but I didn't get out of bed until 6:30 . Got up, had my breakfast. It was so nice not to sit down and plan my day (meals). I left the house at 7:30am, and headed out on foot to the gym . I worked out for 30 minutes on the circuit, then "hoofed" it to my (soontobe)MIL's house. Worked all day, then walked home. I sat and had some "me" time, then prepared dinner, and now the guys and I are watching a movie All in all, I had 30 minutes of a high-paced work out, and a total of 30 minutes of brisk walking (in very cold weather, I might add! -17C today!! ).

Now I'm going to go put in another load of laundry, and hop in to a hot tub, keep my muscles loose. Have a good night ladies! Tomorrow is another work out at the gym so that I can get in to my M/W/F sync.P.S. Tomorrow is the official first weigh-in day. Wish me luck!
Sounds like a good day!!! Good luck! I wish I had a hot tub right now!

cacmsc:

Quote:
I would like to join you all here . Sounds like a supportive group and I need to motivate myself. This will be an extra site for me. But checking in two times might even work out better for an incentive for me. So I will do the scale on saturday for a start wt. My challenge will be 5lbs. by Thanksgiving. I will continue to do a journal of my calories and to increase my exercise to at least 3 x's a week for 45 min. I will ck in on saturday have a great day.
Welcome! We are glad to have ya!! It is a great group!! 2x might do the trick! You can always copy/paste your post about what you are up to as well!

Hun.e.B:

Quote:
Good morning!! Running late, and dipping into my elliptical time, not sure if I'm gonna make it this morning! So I'll have to do it tonight, I'm going to watch that Dr. Oz special tonight on discovery channel (anyone see Oprah yesterday?) So I figure that'll be a good time to be on the elliptical.
Quote:
Weigh in was today and I'm down 1.6 lbs this week!! I have no clue how that happened considering I've been very very bad with my choices but I'll take it!!

I'll be back later to check in with everyone! I just love this group, I just wish i could keep up better!!! Have a fantastic day!
Sounds good hun! I dont have tv but i seen a link for the high lights and they made some pretty good points! 1.6 pounds? WTG!!!! Great job!!
Just think if you had made better choices where you would be?

lodyangel:

Quote:
WEll yesterday sucked too as far as my diet goes. I did well all day until it was time to go home. I was starving. I had worked 10 hours, it was 5:30. I had just gotten news my sister had been admitted to the hospital, so i stopped at steak and shake and got a burger and fries! I am so bad. I went to the hospital checked on sis, ran home picked up my kids in 2 different places. Ran home and tried to workout. It was such a struggle. I probaly should have tried to take the day off, but didn't want to slow my momentum. Anyway I did 20 mins of yoga, 15 mins of Denise Austin legs and core workout w/ ball; and did upper body strength training while I watch Grey's anatomy. I'll say 60 mins of movement total. Will do better with die today.
Do NOT fret about it! I eat out once a week too! This is your life and it has to be enjoyable. Just try to be good most the time! Is sis okay?

littlegg:

Quote:
I couldnt believe it I got on the scale today and it was - 3#. I cant believe it, it must be the battery or maybe my husbands been playing around with it. I was so doubtful I stepped off and got on again. I didnt exercize yesterday but I was up and down the stairs and cleaned house all day.
I have kept the calories to under 1400 all week, but I still cant get 80
grams of protein in. Better though I go 60 something yesterday with eggs,
cottage cheese and shrimp for dinner. Still need help with the protein though.
Any suggestions?
That is great!!! 3 pounds? WTG!!! Well I just bought the new slimfast low carb shake and it actually has 20 grams pf protein instead of the normal 10!! Sugars are 1 instead of 17 like the optima and instead of the 33 that the old slimfast has! Maybe throw one of those in?

Quote:
Do you like the Denise Austins legs? Is it for more advanced exercisers?
Never heard of it.

Whooohooo!! I did it! I responded to everyone!! If I missed anyone let me know!!! I will be back to tell you the short version of my adventures, but for now I need to throw dinner on and do dishes. I will be back soon!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #158  
Losing To Live

Jasmine:
Quote:
Sounds like a good day!!! Good luck! I wish I had a hot tub right now!
Oh my, me, too! By "hot tub," I meant the tub in my bathroom, with scorching hot water, lilac scented salts, lights off, and some candles. Hehehe. But it was FABULOUS!!

We missed you, welcome back!!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #159  
Losing To Live

Good morning ladies!
I know it's customary to only weigh-in once a week, but after yesterday, I just had to know. Today was another small victory as another pound is shed!!!
276!@#$

Today's plan:

Breakfast:
Boiled eggs w/ 2 oz. cheese and a kiwi
Snack:
Popcorn, yay!
Lunch:
Tuna sandwich with cheese and broccoli soup

That's as far as I got last night. I have to go grociery shopping BAD. Maybe I'll post my grociery list? hehehe.

W: 1500mL (Bottle x3)

E: Just some walking, trying for 30 minutes. It's Saturday! That means cleaning. Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, laundry, dishes, organizing. I might rearrange some furniture. And stretching!

Small victory for me today besides the pound loss. I was walking past the halloween candy bowl, about to pull a piece, and resisted. I told myself "Good for you out loud." (soontobe)DH gave me a confused look, and for the first time I explained it. I explained my urge, my resisting, and my out-loud congratulations. It felt good, and he congratulated me, too.

~Mande
Old 11-04-2006, 11:40 AM   #160  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

martiniforme:

Quote:
Oh my, me, too! By "hot tub," I meant the tub in my bathroom, with scorching hot water, lilac scented salts, lights off, and some candles. Hehehe. But it was FABULOUS!!

We missed you, welcome back!!
Oh that sounds soooo relaxing! Our bathtub is small. DH and I try to squeeze in it together sometimes though. When we move back to Mt they have a gym near by that is actually a hot springs too. I can't wait!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies!
I know it's customary to only weigh-in once a week, but after yesterday, I just had to know. Today was another small victory as another pound is shed!!!
276!@#$
That is great sweetie! You are doing wonderful!!! I would be ecstatic!

Quote:
That's as far as I got last night. I have to go grociery shopping BAD. Maybe I'll post my grociery list? hehehe.
Go ahead! I am always interested to see what everyone else is buying!

Quote:
E: Just some walking, trying for 30 minutes. It's Saturday! That means cleaning. Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, laundry, dishes, organizing. I might rearrange some furniture. And stretching!
Sounds like a busy day!!

Quote:
Small victory for me today besides the pound loss. I was walking past the halloween candy bowl, about to pull a piece, and resisted. I told myself "Good for you out loud." (soontobe)DH gave me a confused look, and for the first time I explained it. I explained my urge, my resisting, and my out-loud congratulations. It felt good, and he congratulated me, too.
That is awesome! You can do it. It is nice to see your df is so supportive! Now maybe he can be more supportive and eat all of it so you don't see it no more!

Okay anyhow so it has been a crazy few days. Which is fine cause that keeps me busy and I have been walking alot!! Thursday I wound up at 110 (1 hour 50 minutes) minutes and friday at 130 minutes(2 hours and 10 minutes)! Well Thursday nite I did scrounge up enough to go out to eat with my sweetie! I went ahead and had a nacho bell grande. That wasn't bad since that was the only time we ate out this week. My cals ended at 1743 with only 32% fat for that day so not bad at all.

Friday this is what I ate:

1 apple,
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1/2 a can of tuna
1tsp light mayo
1 ff 4 oz peach yoplat yogurt
1 slimfast low carb shake
1.5 cups of my spanish rice
1 cup of honey bunches of oats
1 cup of coffee w/ 2.5 tbs of creamer
4 small chicken tenderloins

That ended up at 1507 calories and only 16% fat! The funny thing is ,I really felt like I could of eaten only 2 of the chicken pieces and only 1 cup of rice! But I am trying to keep an average of 1700 cals a day for the week. Especially after walking for 6.5 miles I don't want to eat too little and not lose cause of that. Arrgghhh

I did get on the scale this a.m. It still says 218 STILL. I was really hoping to be down another pound esp after all the walking and being mostly good wed, thurs and fri! I was 218.75 last sunday and gained a .25 pound back this week. Then I lost 1 pound so now I am down to 218. I am really hoping to lose another pound by tomorrow morning so I can at least be at 2 for the week. SO wish me luck ladies! I am not going to stress though. 1 pound loss is better than none and even maintenance is better than gaining. I am sure my hard work will be rewarded soon!

Anyhow court went well. The ticket was $861.00 originally and he did explain that he had paid the reg fees etc and the judge did knock the ticket down to $361.00. So that is great news! He gave us 3 months to pay it. Thanx for all the well wishes on that ladies!

So how is everyone else doing and where did everyone go? Guess everyone was as busy as me yesterday! to everyone! I will try to check in again tonite! Have a great day everyone!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #161  
Melissa

Jasmine you are doing so great!! Way to go on that walking, that is simply incredible. I would venture to guess that the scale is only reflecting the nachos. I dont know about you, but for me it takes a good day or 2 for salt to show its ugly head on the scale. Couple good days of water and its gone again. Do you take measurements too?

Mande...that bath sounds incredible! I love lilac! I havent taken a bath in so long, my big butt doesnt fit in there comfortably enough to relax, half of me ends up sticking out and I get too cold! LOL! Something to look forward to when I'm smaller for sure!! Way to go on another loss!! You are just shrinking away on us arent you!!! Keep up the amazing work!

Sugar baby...how did your party go? Did you avoid the temptations? I LOVE salad and breadsticks from Olive garden! YUM!! Luckily we dont have one here!

Had a weird night with food last night. My family was craving Taco Bell, so I told myself "alright self, if you are gonna have an off night have something better than Taco Bell!" So I got myself some lo mein from the chinese place. And for whatever reason it just didnt taste that good to me. Normally I could eat the whole container, and dont get me wrong I still had about half of it but I mostly just picked out the veggies and chicken. Weird. Luckily dh finished it off last night so i dont have it tempting me this morning! I have a day chalk full of homework ahead of me! Have a fantastic Saturday challengers!

~melissa
Old 11-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #162  
Losing To Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Mande...that bath sounds incredible! I love lilac! I havent taken a bath in so long, my big butt doesnt fit in there comfortably enough to relax, half of me ends up sticking out and I get too cold! LOL! Something to look forward to when I'm smaller for sure!! Way to go on another loss!! You are just shrinking away on us arent you!!! Keep up the amazing work!
Hah, my huge butt barely fits, too! But there are some upsides...
1. The likely hood of me actually drowning in the tub... slim to none!
2. My tummy is great for resting my book on, and the book doesn't get wet!

I do 2 things to deal with the cold issue.
1. I rotate. If my ta-tas and my tummy are cold, I roll over. And when my butt gets cold, I rotate back!
2. If I really really am stiff and need a bath baaad, I just put a towel in the tub, wet it in the hot water, and lay it over myself. When it cool off, I resoak it, and repeat.

I just love my baths too much to say goodbye to them!

Way to go on defeating T.B.! The veggies and chicken are way better than a fried burrito. I have to admit I love when the veggies and chicken are just drenched, but they are still way better than a fried burrito and all that processed cheese!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #163  
Losing To Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Oh that sounds soooo relaxing! Our bathtub is small. DH and I try to squeeze in it together sometimes though. When we move back to Mt they have a gym near by that is actually a hot springs too. I can't wait!!
Hehehe, we've tried to squeeze in a couple of times. He just sits there with the faucet sticking in his back, he's such a sweetheart!

BTW, way to go on cutting the ticket down more than half of the amount!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:39 PM   #164  
Melissa

Jasmine...where in MT are you planning to move?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #165  

Hi all. Im not doing too good with the weight loss. Ive been eating way too much. Im really bumbed out because my knees and legs have really been hurting since I began running on the treadmill. Im trying to take a couple days break from using the treadmill. I dont know if its my running shoes or what but I cant afford new ones right now.
SarahMahfoud is offline   Reply With Quote