3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/96848-5-10-pounds-lose-turkey-day-challenge.html)

PellMel 11-11-2006 01:23 AM

Hello all, I've been sick with an abdominal virus (it mimics an appendicitis, only bilaterally, ouch) for the past week and unable to eat anything more substantial than crackers and applesauce. That said, my weight has gone down a few pounds to about 145 very quickly. Sounds like everyone's been doing great and working hard:)
Words and Rhapsody,
Mel.

martiniforme 11-11-2006 08:00 PM

Jasmine:
Quote:

What tg thread are you talking about?
My mistake, it's not the main one, but I spend a lot of my forum time here and in the Support Group for 20-somethings. They have a TG thread there, and a couple other challenges that are in the support group.

Quote:

I am another .50 pound down this a.m. and am at 830 minutes this month! So 4.5 pounds total!!! yeah!!
Way to go on the loss!!!!

my ivy:
Quote:

HI Mande, Sorry you don't feel well why don't you try to look up Schiff Glucosamine on line maybe you can order it? WOW a girl wrestler how cool I did see two of them last match. My son has also lost 30lbs he has an extensive work out he runs about 5 Miles a day and wrestles as well he gets home exhausted I feel bad for him but I know its for the best. I hope you fell better.....
It has been my life savior since I began I feel grate and am much more active and just a overall a happier person.

From a size 2x to a size 13.........
Thanks, doll! I did actually start looking in to it. Turns out that my FIL takes Glucosamine Sulfate! He buys them here in the 500x bottle at 850mg per pill. He is a true and living testament, and we ended up talking about it for atleast 45 minutes. He says it'll take a couple months for me to really see a huge change, but it's worth the invested time, so this week I'm picking up some, and voila! I can't wait!!! And way to go on the huge success!!! I can't wait! I'm currently fluctuating between a 2x and a 3x, and am wearing size 23 pants. I can't wait!!!

loly06:
Quote:

hello everyone i am new to this i have been dieting for a while and exercising alot as well, from august to sept i lost 10 pounds but since then i have been keeping that weight i want to lose more i am up for the challenge even though thanksgiving is around the corner, i am pushing myself to eat healthier and better, my goal is to atleast drop 5 pounds by thanksgiving since it is so close i don't want to lose the pounds so quickly that i wll just gain it all back and double so we shall see.
Congratulations on the loss! Welcome to the group, you came to the right place! This place is super for support!

Sugarbaby:
Quote:

I am a bit discouraged because I'm having hormonal imbalances due to the chemo. AF is visiting again. Second time in two weeks... GRRRRR!!!
I'm sorry you're going through so much right now :( I haven't had a period in almost a year, so I've forgotten what it's like to crave the good stuff. Well, that's not so true. I crave it with or without AF hahaha. You can lose those pounds, though! And don't forget about the water retention. That was a HUGE thing for me when I had mine.
Quote:

I don't know how many calories I'm eating
I find high calories in the most surprising things! Have you considered counting your calories? Another thing to consider is your calorie count might be too low, and this is causing your body to think it might be starving, so it stores all those calories because it thinks it has to to survive.
Quote:

've been doing pretty good with the intentional exercise. How much more should I add?
For the most part, I will burn on average about 500 calories with my exercise (about 90 minutes a day of varying intensities), and there are some cardio workouts that when combined with strength training can really burn away those calories. Or look as Jasmine, she burns away a TON of them just by walking, walking, and more walking. Do you have a FitDay Journal?

Mel:
Quote:

Hello all, I've been sick with an abdominal virus (it mimics an appendicitis, only bilaterally, ouch) for the past week and unable to eat anything more substantial than crackers and applesauce. That said, my weight has gone down a few pounds to about 145 very quickly.
Sorry to hear you've been so sick, but we've missed you! Congrats on the loss, 145, NICE!!!

--

Well, today wasn't planned at all. I woke up at 11:15am, and had a remarkable amount of sleep. I'll be starting Glucosamine Sulfate on Monday, and it has an added something or other to help my body do what it needs to do. Also, didn't have my morning or afternoon snack, ate breakfast around 11:30am, and lunch at 2, and dinner is fast approaching, but so far it's been all healthy.

I had a bad week last week of far too much junk, but this week I feel a little more resolved to stick to my diet. I get stronger and stronger the more I learn. Exercising has been a bit hard, only small spurts when my hip has been letting up on me. DF and I are now saving to buy a TempurPedic matress (the memory foam one), and yeah, I think it'll be great.

What does everyone think we should name our Xmas Challege? I think it should be something cheesy and fun.

Well, off to make dinner. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

~Mande

nicvic6 11-12-2006 10:47 AM

Fat Smash XMAS Bash!

Stocking Stuffers, STUFF that FAT!!

I have been pretty good, but I must admit, AF is almost here and I am HUNGRY!! I am a little worried that I will show minimal weight loss b/c of it, but I need to remember that she usually brings 3-4 lbs with her. She is mean!!

sugarbaby269 11-12-2006 02:36 PM

Good afternoon ladies!! :)

Just thought I'd swing by and check out the forums....

Sorry you've been sick, Mel. :(

Welcome Loly!!!

Mande aka martini... : Thanks for the support. My hubby and I both are seriously looking into investing into the TempurPedic mattress. Sounds like it will be something worth having... ;)

Niki
Cute name! :lol: If you're new here a big :welcome: to you!! :)

aspiring_k 11-12-2006 02:45 PM

Hi I am worried about Thanksgiving. I usually go to my Aunt's home and then on the weekend go to my Dad's. This is double trouble! Any good suggestions?

sugarbaby269 11-12-2006 02:54 PM

Hey Kim...

I'm in the same boat you are when it comes to eating two TG meals. We do TG on TG day with my family and then go to dear OL's for another big meal on Fri. I would suggest limiting your day to one or two things not on your diet such as pie or mashed potatoes and gravy and then watch your portion sizes and do the same the following day. You could add a bit more exercise that week too. Don't know what your diet plan is. If it's low carb just pick and chose one or two things to carb out on but watch your portion, etc. Maybe this might help.... :)

Jasmine31 11-12-2006 05:12 PM

Hello everyone! :D I hope you all are having a great weekend!!

loly06:

Quote:

hello everyone i am new to this i have been dieting for a while and exercising alot as well, from august to sept i lost 10 pounds but since then i have been keeping that weight i want to lose more i am up for the challenge even though thanksgiving is around the corner, i am pushing myself to eat healthier and better, my goal is to atleast drop 5 pounds by thanksgiving since it is so close i don't want to lose the pounds so quickly that i wll just gain it all back and double so we shall see.
Hi! I am glad you joined us! :hug: It sounds like you are already on the right track! Are you counting cals? What kind of exercise do you do?
WTG on the 10 pounds!!

sugarbaby269:

Quote:

How is everyone doing this fine Fri. evening? I am a bit discouraged because I'm having hormonal imbalances due to the chemo. AF is visiting again. Second time in two weeks... GRRRRR!!! No wonder I've been craving chocolate and salty stuff Plus putting on a couple of stinking pounds. I have just GOT TO lose weight.
Good luck with the chemo sweetie!! :hug: Aunt flow is here too, tail end anyhow. How many did you pack on? I think I am going to wait to officially weigh in and/or just keep with the last reported weight cause the last two days the scale has been jumping all over in the a.m.! 215.50, 216, 218, etc. It is driving me a bit nuts but like I said tom is here so I ain't stressing. I know I have been exercising and making right choices. I will definately give it a few days and see what it says. *sigh* Otherwise it looks like a 1.75 pound loss from last week on sunday if we go with the friday weigh in. SO don't you stress either! Lets give it a few days!!

Quote:

JasmineGreat job on the continued weight loss! Thanks again for tips.
Your welcome sweetie!

Quote:

Question... How can I be at a plateu so early on in the dieeeeeeeeeeeeet?
I don't know how many calories I'm eating but I'm not (for the most part) eating sugar and keeping away from fat and dairy. I had to get back on track from all that eating out. I've been doing pretty good with the intentional exercise. How much more should I add? SOS I need to lose weight YESTERDAY!
And YES!!! Let's do the Xmas challenge! whoot... hoping I melt this blubba off soon.
Well I really think you should count cals! Yes it is a pain in the butt but it really helps! I also know that alot of days especially lately I have to add more stuff in just to get to a higher cal amount! I don't want to go to low! That could be happening to you. If we eat too little the body won't budge either!

PellMel:

Quote:

Hello all, I've been sick with an abdominal virus (it mimics an appendicitis, only bilaterally, ouch) for the past week and unable to eat anything more substantial than crackers and applesauce. That said, my weight has gone down a few pounds to about 145 very quickly. Sounds like everyone's been doing great and working hard
Words and Rhapsody,
Mel.
Awww so sorry to hear you are sick! WTG on the weight loss though!! I hope ya feel better soon!!

Martini:

Quote:

My mistake, it's not the main one, but I spend a lot of my forum time here and in the Support Group for 20-somethings. They have a TG thread there, and a couple other challenges that are in the support group.
Oh okay! :D

Quote:

Way to go on the loss!!!!
Thanx hun!!!

I don't know exactly what pills you are talking about but I do recommend you and anyone else here use extreme caution! Pills no matter who prescribes them or over the counter can be hard on our bodies. Some can elevate blood pressure even, even if they say they are natural! Be careful hun!!

Quote:

I had a bad week last week of far too much junk, but this week I feel a little more resolved to stick to my diet. I get stronger and stronger the more I learn. Exercising has been a bit hard, only small spurts when my hip has been letting up on me. DF and I are now saving to buy a TempurPedic matress (the memory foam one), and yeah, I think it'll be great.
You are doing better and making better choices every day! Remember you never fail unless you quit trying! :D

Quote:

What does everyone think we should name our Xmas Challege? I think it should be something cheesy and fun.
Sounds like a good idea! Something catchy so others will join us too! Us linking the thread in our sigs is really helping too! ;)

Quote:

Well, off to make dinner. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!
nicvic6:

Quote:

Fat Smash XMAS Bash!

Stocking Stuffers, STUFF that FAT!!

You might be on to something!

I have been pretty good, but I must admit, AF is almost here and I am HUNGRY!! I am a little worried that I will show minimal weight loss b/c of it, but I need to remember that she usually brings 3-4 lbs with her. She is mean!!
Yeah she is terrible. I am on it too and my hubby thionks there is something wrong with the scale! He even brought the weights out! They are reading .50 pound to 1 pound off!!

aspiring_k:

Quote:

Hi I am worried about Thanksgiving. I usually go to my Aunt's home and then on the weekend go to my Dad's. This is double trouble! Any good suggestions?
Hi!!! Well what you should do is split your meals up! Whatever you decide to have have half at each house!!!

Well I have been busy walking alot these last two weeks. My average for last month was 67 minutes a day. This month I have upped it and I know the month is not over yet but I am off to a great start! Average so far is 89 minutes the last 12 days. We'll see how today goes. I have really noticed a difference in my upper tummy. It is trimming up nicely! I have been doing good with my food, keeping it to healthy choices alot and about 1640 average.

I have done searching as to what fat%, carb%, and protein% is right for me. I have looked at the sbd and have agrreed with some of their things like the fact they recommend the good carbs and whole wheat etc. They also follow it seems 30/30/30 as they call it. Originally I was doing 30fat%, 50carb%, and 20protein%. I think the carbs should go down so today I am trying to adjust that. I am not sure if that would be good for my body doing the two week body detox of absolutely no carbs for two weeks etc. I know what I am doing now is working(cal counting and exercise) so I don't want to rock the boat and mess anything up. I am trying to see if I can lower the carbs though and make sure the fats are more of the good fats etc. Which is what I try to do with the fats anyways. What is everyone else doing percentage wise?

aspiring_k 11-12-2006 05:38 PM

Thanks for the good tips! I will make a plan and do some additional exercise.

mebesue 11-12-2006 06:04 PM

How do I sign in

Jasmine31 11-12-2006 07:12 PM

aspiring_k

SOunds good!

mebesue

Hello! Glad to have ya! :hug: this is what I wrote for a check in on the first page:

Quote:

So now we need to check in:

1. Leave your starting weight.
2. List what type of exercise you will do daily to achieve your goal.
3. List how you will be watching your food, i.e. low carbs, calorie counting, etc
4. Check back in each day to share your progress of if you exercised, share the food you have eaten, etc.
5. Weekly weigh in. We will weigh in every week to see where we are!!

Good luck everyone!

martiniforme 11-12-2006 07:25 PM

nicvic6: Great names! I love the Fat Smash idea, it's really catchy! I guess when AF comes, that's when low fat chocolate comes in handy! LOL

sugarbaby: Depending on where you are, they have a TempurPedic matress set for under $800.00 CAD at the Canadian Wholesale Club (aka: Superstore, but smalltown).

Kim: I agree with sugarbaby on this one. Don't completely restric yourself if you can help it. I find that when I completely restric myself, I crash pretty hard. Not sure if you're the same way. A lot of the ladies here actually nix the large dinner plates, and just use a children's dinner plate, or a large saucer, it helps with portion control :) With my family, everyone brings something, so I plan to make a couple healthy dishes, as well as roasting a small chicken so that I can have more control over the choices I have. And since everyone brings something, no one thinks anything of it. Good luck!

Jasmine: Thanks for the concern, doll :hug:. These aren't diet pills or anything like that, and my doctor has only given me 2 options: Cartiledge Injections or Surgery. I feel at ease with the Glucosamine Sulfate as my FIL is a Biological Engineer. He owns (and I work for) an environmental company, so he's been studying various sciences his entire life. I used to take just Calcium Supplements, and found out that what I was taking, I was just wasting my money. He explained how the body requires magnesium combined for the calcium to be absorbed properly, and taking hard pills (especially for 40+ yrs) is pretty much like not taking a suppliment at all. Anything you can get in liquid form is better. Problem is, is when the body gets through the digestive process, the pills haven't had much of a chance to break down. I'm going to talk to my doc about it first, but am also hesitant, because there are other options that will result in more bucks in her pocket. Thanks for worrying about me, though!!! You are such a sweetie, and I will be careful :)

As for the percentages, I'm sticking to the fluctuation of 30/50/20. It's giving me good results, and I am feeling better mentally and physically. I'm not too keen on restricting the carbs, not sure how it will affect my body. I've had to cut down drastically, but I love carbs too much to try out a carb diet lol. I tried atkins, and just couldn't do it! hahaha. And good for you on the walking, you are amazing!!!

mebesue: Not sure what you're speaking of. 3FC? If so, it looks like you got signed in alright :). More details, and I'm sure we can help you out!

--

Didn't post today's plan earlier, but here it was:

Today's Plan:
B: 1 pkg Quaker Oatmeal w/ 1 md Banana
S: 100g Reduced Fat Yogurt w/ 1 Kiwi
L: 1 cup Chkn & Rice Soup w/ 2 slices of w/w Bread and 2 oz Skim Mozza
S: 100g Reduced Fat Yogurt w/ 1 Pepperoni Stick (long)
D: 2 w/w Buns - Sub sandwiches, calorie-wise condiments, Skim Mozza, and 1/2 cup of carrots
S: 3oz Red Raspberries (fresh) w/ 1 Kiwi

W: 1500mL (water bottle x3)

E: 1 hr grociery shopping. The cart made it easy for me to get around, but still gave me a bit of a workout as I was pushing a heavy load. My hip is just not happy.

Cals: 1593
Fat: 31%
Carb: 49%
Protein: 20%

Look at that! My %'s almost exactly where I want them to be! Didn't have too many veggies today, alot of eat/run going on. I'll definitely get more in today. Did my grociery shopping today, and have decided to switch directly to 1% milk. Also, bought a wider variety of fruits. I'm quickly discovering what I like, and what I don't like. My teeth are pretty sensitive, and I don't like eating apples, and will only eat pears every now and again. Yay for fresh Raspberries on sale!!!

The hip is not happy. It has spoken. haha. Last night I got up in the middle of the night to refill my water bottle, and it was hurting pretty bad and keeping me awake. I got out of bed, and on my way to the kitchen, my hip gave out and I almost clean fell over! This is it. I've had it! If the Glucosamine Sulfate does not do something, I'm going in to get those horrible injections. I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT! But I've put this off for too long. I'm going to give the GS about 4 months, and if there are no noticable results, that's it! It's impeding my activity, and making it hard to exercise.

Anyway, gotta go have me some supper.

~Mande

P.S. Not as negative about the hip as I sound, but it really is getting on my last nerve! I need to be able to atleast walk!!!

martiniforme 11-12-2006 07:31 PM

Oh, and I totally forgot to post my weigh-in (I think). The weigh-in showed 274 solid. Shooting for more this week!

Neelam 11-12-2006 07:49 PM

Hi all, i am new to this. i have been dieting from august and i lost 10 pounds in 3 months . I would like to lose 4 pounds by thanksgiving and another 8-10 by new year. started doing cardio 60 min everyday (about 600 cal)
My BMI is 35 . I hope this weight losss will bring it to below 30.

stopeating 11-12-2006 08:13 PM

I'm new to this too, but I really need to make some goals for myself. I would like to loose 3 pounds by Thanksgiving and another 8 pounds by Christmas. I also want to increase my exercise to a minimum of 45 minutes per day 5 days a week! Big goals for me :-)

Pastryprincess 11-12-2006 08:34 PM

What do I need to do to be in the challenge? 10#-sounds great...help. J