3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Oct 16th - Oct 22nd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/96107-christmas-challenge-chicks-week-oct-16th-oct-22nd.html)

NewDay4MeToo 10-17-2006 01:08 AM

Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Oct 16th - Oct 22nd

10 WEEKS!!! All right, ladies! Halfway there....

My eating is not yet under control. It could definitely be worse. I have not gone over my points value for the week, but I have not been a good girl. Apple pie? butter and sour cream on my potato? Yes to both. I am not happy with myself over those things, but I've just gotta move on.

On a bright note, I have done some good things! I have done intentional exercise twice in the last four days! That is an accomplishment for me, because I had gotten off-track with that. I made myself spend money on exercise videos, and I am going to get my use out of them! I got a beginner's balance ball workout, and a cardio dance dvd. Both felt good, and since I am such a beginner, will be good to grow into I guess.

I have tomorrow to stay on track. If I am careful, I will not go over my week's points. Weigh-in is Wednesday. I am bracing myself, trying to keep it all in perspective.

callystia 10-17-2006 03:11 AM

Christine, that's fabulous on the exercise! Congratulations! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for Wednesday's weigh-in.

(Newbie to the challenge, in case you didn't catch my post in the last thread.)

I have resumed counting calories in FitDay and am shooting for 1350 or so per day, from healthy food. No sugary things, and as little processed junk as I can possibly manage. I may "cycle" my calories throughout the week, but I haven't decided on that for sure; I'm a little afraid that I'll panic if I see too large a number in that total, too often, y'know?

However, it's that wonderful time right now, so I allowed myself an extra snack, which meant today's total was 1442. Water intake was 3 liters. Exercise was mediocre; I just danced. But at least it was good cardio, haha.

flabbychic 10-17-2006 10:37 AM

10 Weeks! I Have To Lose 2 Pounds A Week To Make My Goal.

How About Everyone Else?

NewDay4MeToo 10-17-2006 12:39 PM

Flabbychic- I, too, need to lose 2 pounds a week to make my goal. I am so inconsistent with my losses that I am not setting my heart on it happening. To be completely honest, I am sort of re-thinking the whole "I should be to a certain number by a certain date" philosophy. I am going to work hard, push myself to eat right, and stick to this new-again cardio thing. If I do those things, I know my body will respond. If I have not lost 19.5 more pounds by then, at least I know I have done really healthy things for my body! And I will no doubt be smaller due to all my fabulous exercising and baby steps into weight training. OK, novel over.

Callystia- Welcome! That sounds like a good amount of calories to stick to, and especially with cutting out all the junk. About cycling- I found that when I tried cycling I was not disciplined enough to do it well. Even this last week, I think that the too-high calorie days half-way pushed me back into that mindset that I can eat whatever I want, that I can eat whatever the normal people around me eat. I just don't think that it is really true. But that was just me- I know lots of people find success on it.

Thanks, I really do need some support to stick with exercising. I have always been the inactive friend. When I went on vacation with two girlfriends, they got up early in the morning to jog on the beach, I was the one who slept in. They wouldn't invite me when they went to play basketball, because they knew I wouldn't go. The list goes on... This was even when I was still thin (135 lbs) It helps me see part of how I got so big. I just need to get over this sedentary mindset. Especially as I see how beautiful it is to be FIT and HEALTHY and have some muscle! Right now the thought of seeing me as a thin, fit girl is a dream, but I know that I can make it a reality!

GoingGoal 10-17-2006 03:44 PM

Hey all. Well I am up one pound. I am not surprised last week we not a good week for me but I am pulling myself up this week. Made better choices today and I will go for a good brisk walk this evening. Have a great week everyone.

callystia 10-17-2006 03:55 PM

That's the spirit, GG! Right back up on the horse. :) Good luck everyone!

sotypical 10-17-2006 07:14 PM

wow forgot about this too.... i am down a total of 7.... 13 more to go

Nightkatt 10-18-2006 06:22 AM

Hi everyone .. has been a while since I posted .. but I am sticking to the challenge :) .. only 15 pounds to go for me .. only? oh well ...

I too use Fitday .. I bought it and have it on my computer .. I do it for my daughter too ... oh .. so far she is down 9 of her 20 pounds :)

My calorie limit is somewhere between 1800-2000 .... but this last week and a half I have been having a hard time getting to 1500 let alone any higher .. in fact today I havent even gotten to 1000 and I am really not at all hungry!

I have my Richard Simmons Disco Sweat dvd .. and while at the beginning it was a little hard learning the steps (almost gave up then lol) ... its great fun now and I do the whole 60 minutes a minimum of 3 times a week (although so far this month I have done it 5 times a week!!). I have just bought an elliptical trainer second hand ... but I have to wait until the 4th to pick it up as the people who are selling it are about 3 hours north of us and they are going to meet us halfway (very nice of them). My weigh in isnt until Friday ... and from the scales this morning I am down only 1lb since last Friday ... Im just hoping that I wont reach a plateau before I reach my 40lb goal ... actually .. to date from when I first started this weight loss journey (before the challenge started) .. I have lost almost 34 pounds! Shocking lol ..

Soooo .. its so far so good at the halfway mark for me :)

Great work everyone else!!

NewDay4MeToo 10-18-2006 01:38 PM

Today was my weigh-in. It could have been worse... I exactly maintained. I am at 181.5, the same as when I weighed in last Wednesday. Though not what I wanted,, I can live with it. I choose to look at it this way.... I am just gearing up for a GREAT loss next week! Woohoo!

Nightkatt- Sounds like you're doing terrific! Keep it up!

Sotypical- You are doing well, too! Drop in any time!

GoingGoal- You CAN do this. Believe yourself when you say it.

I did another exercise video yesterday. It was the Firm's Jiggle-Free Arms. Wow, that was not for a beginner like me. They were doing all this complicated step-work. So, I just kept moving, even though I was doing nowhere close to what they were doing most of the time. I bet it will get easier. :p

gremlina 10-18-2006 06:37 PM

I'm back from my visit to the USA. I didn't eat good there because I ate all the things I can't normally eat here in Germany..But I still lost 2.5 lbs. in 2.5 weeks there...

callystia 10-18-2006 06:54 PM

That's great, Gremlina! I hope you had a good time here. :)

GoingGoal 10-18-2006 08:01 PM

gremlina- What kind of foods do we have here that you don't have there? The only one that I can think of might be sourdough bread. On the flip side what kind of foods do you have there that we don't have here?

I am getting myself back on track. I am off to Salsa Cardio class in an hour. :)

callystia-Thank you for the words of support. Hubby is going through a midlife crisses I think. Hmm can women have those? I don't think we are aloud.

By the way both of you have interesting names what do they mean?

callystia 10-18-2006 08:32 PM

Callystia is a name I made up a few years ago to use online; it's my own form of "Callisto", which is derived from the Greek word kallistos, meaning "most beautiful".

Needless to say, it was chosen on a day I needed a confidence boost. ;)

As a side note, I also reserved callystia.com and that name on a few other sites; if I ever decide to pursue my bellydancing to the point at which I actually perform in front of audiences, I thought it would be an excellent stage name. *blush*

i2kandoit 10-18-2006 08:46 PM

I am late but I would like to join in!!!! My goal is 2.5 pounds a week. So Christmas is...22.5 pounds from today.

jelly 10-20-2006 05:56 PM

Hey ladies!!!!!! I know I have been MIA. Got alittle side tracked. I started scholl online and been busy with that. But last week I was up to 165.0:mad:

This week I am at 161.5:carrot: I'm very HAPPY!!!!! Ya'll have a GREAT weekend and Stay Positive!!!!!! See ya'll soon.