Old 09-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #1  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Default Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Sept 18th - Sept 24th Support Thread

Ladies Ladies Ladies!!! I'm Back! I have taken my deep breathes, done my work and have prayed! I am starting again! And am more motivated than ever!

What got me motivated was making a list of things that needed to be done and making a timeline and doing them! But what got me back into the swing of dieting is thinking about Pictures...Oh how I want to actually WANT to have my picture taken! I am so excited to actually want to take pictures a christmas time this year that it got me motivated and back in my diet adn excersize plan!!

Also reading all your wonderful and supportive posts got me right back on track thank you so much all of you!!!!

KEEP POSTING GIRLS!!!! SEPT. IS COMING TO A CLOSE SOON!!!!
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

Well I think I have new inspiration for my goal ... my grandmother from Ireland .. MIGHT be coming over to the US for a visit .. I haven't seen her in about 6 years .. and she has never met my guys .. my two sons age 15 and 17 .. nor my DH! last I saw my grandmother I was prolly up around 238 .. and last time I saw my mother earlier this year i was about there as well .. so if she comes *cross's fingers* it will be around thanksgiving and we will all make the treck to mom's house to visit ... i want that *WOW!* effect when they all see the new slimmer sleeker sexxier me ..grinz .. of course I am going to make my family nuts getting em ready to meet my grandma .. new hair cuts ..nice clothes .. manner review .. all of that .. but it may be the only time she ever visits with them .. and I don't want her thinking I have raised some hoodlums! * does anyone use that word anymore? *
Its kind of a long story but I had both my kids young * 1st one a week and half before turning 17* and I am with their father .. and will be married 17 years next month .. no one ever thought We would stay married and lord knows how they thought my sons might turn out .. my oldest will be valedictorian of his class and works at the local sonic *fast food restraunt that i can't eat at but go and get ice water to be supportive ..laughs .. he loves it there~.. my youngest is the talk of the town .. everyone just loves his smile and attitude and he is a leader in his class, in sports and church group so I am quite proud of both my boys .. they are confident and sassy .. just like their momma..grinz .. ok ..their dad isn't half bad either!

So anyways .. i guess i just want to shock the crap out of my family when they see me again .. so crossin fingers grandma comes! I was a air force brat .. so the only constant was my grandmother and grandfather in Ireland that I visited every summer ... and being military brat... constants are hard to come by. My grandfather died of a stroke when I was pregnant with my oldest .. thankfully We had not told Him I was pregnant yet .. He died a week and half after my grandmother was told .. and She didn't want to tell him and worry Him about me just yet .. then after He passed away .. well it was a relief that He hadn't been told because than I would of blamed myself for giving Him that worry and prolly the stroke. I always tell my son that He has the best gaurdian angel out there ... my grandfather.
Anyways didnt' mean to be so depressing first thing in the mornin! I am ramblin .. and thats a good cue for me to go!! take care everyone .. have a great one!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:49 AM   #3  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Owira~ That is awesome! Thank you for posting your motivation!

For those of you who did not recieve the NewsLetter I requested that everyone Post about what is keeping them motivated! As you can read above mine is "Wanting my Pictures Taken"...

Thank you Owira for keeping the trend! Come on now ladies! Post Post Post

Alrighty girls I have vowed to be honest with youall about everything I eat, therefore I will not want to tellyou I ate Mcd's so I won't eat it...Kind of like public journaling.

It is 8:47 in the morning I have a meeting at 9:30, the bad me would go out and buy bad fast food breakfast, but do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going downstairs right now and making a bowl of rainsin bran with low fat milk 300calories for breakfast! for me!! Haven't figured out lunch yet, but I will, probably some crackers and tuna or another bowl of cereal...THANK YOU for all of your support!

KEEP POSTING!!!!
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #4  
Starting over.... (again)

S/C/G: 247/239.5/160

Height: 5'7

Finally getting motivated..(again)

Last night my mother showed me some pictures from our vacation last month..and lets just say it was really eye opening. It made me think..I am soo fat..but then afterwards I realized "wow, I really need to start taking care of myself and lose some weight!!" So I'm glad I'm getting a second wind here and even seeing those horrid pictures! lol.

Tree~ that is excellent you didnt have take out this morning! It's the little changes that truly make the biggest differences..keep it up

Hope everyone else is doing well! Whats keeping you all motivated?
PinkBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/281/170

Height: 5'11"

Hi girls,
I haven't posted for 3 weeks, I was in a kind of a break from my diet, cheated a little, gained a couple of pounds and lost them, gained a couple again and lost them again.... Now I'm one pound down since my oficial weight 3 weeks ago, so I would say I'm back on track.
My biggest motivation for losing weight is feeling good in some nice clothes and rediscovering the joy of dressing up and going out. Lately I've been avoiding going places, and I dress in the same two pair of pants, and the same baggy tops - I'm sick of them! I used to love to dress up, put on some make up (I don't even do that anymore), do my nails, etc. I cannot even wear my engagement ring - yet another motivation.
PinkBlossom - I know what you're saying about pictures... When I look at them now I almost ask myself sometimes: "Who is the fat woman next to my husband?" I looked at some pictures from 6 years ago, from our honeymoon, and my reaction was: "O my God! I used to be thin....."
But I guess for all of us the biggest motivation is health, aside from any cosmetic reasons. So ladies, let's do this!

Ivy

Last edited by Ivy13; 09-18-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Ivy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #6  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Talking

My motivation is that I am engaged to a much older man. And planning to get married in the spring. We are going on a two week adventure out west to get married and we both want to be in better shape so we can really have a lot of fun. And be much healthier. Plus what older man doesn't want to tell his friends he is marrying a young hot chick .

Another motivation I want to be able to take care of him as he gets older and if I keep going the way I am he is going to have to take care of me.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #7  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hey Ladies Hope you all had a GREAT Weeknd!!!! Just popin in to see ya'll. I did my walk this morning and going for another to pick up my daughter from scholl. In a bit I'm off to do my Billy Blanks BootCamp I haven't done it for a while and kind've scared but in a good way. Hope that makes sense.

Well, Ya'll have a GREAT Day and drink your WATER!!

Pumpkin~ Glad your back in action.

Owira~ I realy hope your Gramdmother comes down

PinkBlossom~ You can do this!!

Ivy~ Welcome back!! We are all in this toghter so lets shake them pounds off for good

Scooter~ You are doing it girl, Stay POSITIVE!
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:27 PM   #8  

I still cant get mobile. I still havnt gained do that is good i guess.
It has been a hard week. On the 11th it was 5 years since i had a misscarrage and on the 17th was a year for my grandmother who passed away. I was with her when she took her last breathe, and I never want to do that again.
I am recently seperated from my husband of 10 years, ( together for 17 years) I have a new boyfriend since May. But all I wanna do is think about my ex, he was an idiot and he was mean to me but I still feel like i love him, how come?????? My new bf is nice but I guess i'm missing somthing and not sure what it is.
I am also in the midst of packing my house casue I am moving in to town, I live in the country now. I get the keys next week and want to be in fast casue the following week I have to leave town for a workshop.
Then ther are the children omg 14 12 and 6 all boys who constently fight and argure ( I think they got that form there father LOL) I just need a vaction by myself to think things over and set up a plan for myself so I feel like im not going insane. Does this make sense to anybody???
Thanks for listening
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #9  

Hi everyone. Today was weigh in day for me. I am up 1 lb. I did have a couple of BLT's this week (bites, licks & tastes) but I also did work our alot this week. This next week is going to be hard to squeeze in time for the gym. I have an appt or meeting just about everyday this coming week. It looks like I am going to have to get creative with my time. We have about 14 weeks left till Christmas and I really, really want to make this goal.

What keeps me motivated....... Well, I am the largest woman in our group of friends and also at work. I am sick of it!! I want to prove to myself most of all but also to those that I know that I can do this!! I have never weighed myself everyday. I was always told to put away the scale and weigh once a week. I am finding for me to stay motivated and mindful of my choices that weighing myself everyday is what I need but I only change my ticker once a week.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #10  

Tom Is Here So I Will Not Step On The Scale For A Week. I Think It's Horrible That The Week Before(pms) I Feel Bloated Like I'm Retaining Water. Then Of Course When I Start I Still Retain Water Then He Goes Away And It Takes Like Three Days To Get Back To Normal. So Is Normal Reatining Water Because I Have One "feel Skinny" Week A Month. Thats Awful.
I Always Stick To My Plan And I Am Losing Weight Weekly But I Always Wonder If I Weigh Even Less Without The Bloating.
I Hate Tom I Hate Tom...... I Am Thinking My New Birth Control Pills Are The Culprit. Does Any One Have Advice On This? Oh, I Drink Tons Of Water And Avoid Salt!

Other Than That I Did My Monday Morning Pilates Class And Sat In The Sauna For 15 Minutes.i Would Have Done The Eliptical For 15 But I Have No Headphones For My Ipod. My Hubby Used My Ipod This Weekend While He Was Doing Yard Work Needless To Say He Accidentally Cut The Wire With The Tree Trimmer. I Couldn't Help But Laugh When He Told Me The Story Of Him Rockin Out And Not Paying Attention

How Is Everyone Else Doing Today? Any Slip Ups On The Weekend. I Wouldn't Say I Had A Slip Up But I Created This Tortilla Dessert And Ate The Whole Bag Over The Weekend. Not Bad Though The Whole Bag Is 500 Cals And 30 Carbs Over Two Days Isn't Bad.
So, For Anyone Doing Low Carb Try This..........
Low Carb Tortillas-spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (0cals)over The Tortilla - Mix Together Slenda And Cinnamon(0cals) And Sprinkle On The Tortilla And Broil In The Oven To Make Crispy.

Now I Know I Can Not Control Myself I Can't Buy Those Things For Awhile
Hope All Is Well
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/182/165

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! My motivation is that I am going to University next year and I really don't want to feel left out of things becuase of my weight.

Bad News: I haven't had a problem with buying junk food snacks after school fro a while becuase everyone stopped selling my favourite chocolate bar. Guess what? It's back. I bought one today and looked at the label and it was over 300 cals! Good thing I'm going to the pool for 40 minutes so I can work it off!
ktandthesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #12  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Default And the Heavens opened...

So I have been buying those 100 cal. snack packs really helps curb by overeating if I want a snack.

So I was strolling down the ice cream aisle for some Edy's 1/2 the fat ice cream when angels sang....What did I find but a box of mini candy bar ice cream bars. You know like ice cream snickers, milky ways, twix, 2 musketeeres. each one is 90 calories and they are individually wrapped. I used to love the bigs ones but had to shun them completely now they have answered my prayers with the little bitty guys...YUMMY!!!!

I had to let you know. I about danced in walmart.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #13  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Scooter: those mini ice-cream bars sound so so delicious right now! I hope there are some here in my Canadian Wal-Mart!

KT: MY BUDDY:You work it GURL, glad your going swimming keep up the awesome work.

FlabbyChic:TOM sucks, SUCKS, sucks...I too seem to only have 1-2 weeks of skinny time.

GOINGGOAL:I love the BLT! Don't worry about the scale...just keep doing what you gotta do..

Everyone else I wish you luck...I am at school right now supposed to be taking advantage of the time of have since my kids are with their dad right now until 7:30 but for some reason as I was trying to go to another website (to do school work) I accidently highlighted 3fatchicks...and it took me here..he he it was a sign!!! SIGN SIGN SIGN

So far I have been eating well, and I went to CURVES this morning and did 3 rounds and a bit...It was such a great workout..the machines got new cylinders in them on THursday...What a difference it was a challenging workout this am which I just wanted more of so I kept on going. And I feel great!

Well ttyl guys!
JennyDee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I quit for a while too. I'm not sure I'm back on track yet because my motivation isn't strong enough to journal, but I have had 2 successful consecutive days and I only had 1 chocolate kiss out of that evil chocolate basket at work today (instead of about 600 calories worth of chocolate per day). I did great! I'm still having health/mood issues but I'm hanging in there. I also excercised this week for the first time in months (other than my marathon shopping trips or tours of another city).

Ice Princess: I lost the most important person in my life (other than hubby and kids) last March (my anniversary weekend) and I STILL break down instantly and cry every time I think of it. Sometimes I can relate a cute short story with a smile but mostly I still grieve. I know with time, it supposedly don't hurt as bad, but I'm still a wreck. My sympathies to you for commenserating the year of her passing.

owira: Nice motivation! That will be a nice feeling to see her reaction.

PinkBlossom: Those pictures are a mixed blessing. Evil looking but a kick in the pants too!

Scooter: I wanna be a hot chick too!

Ice Princess: I'm in the middle of emotional turmoil myself. Definately take a break. Then when you've had me time (don't think of the problems), come back and see if you can find a behavioral approach to help with your kids. Visit teacher and parent websites. There might be something that will help. If it is inherent or even a habit, you wont break it, but you might reduce it and save your sanity. I find that about every 3-6 months I have to reevaluate where we are (that's what I'm currently doing) and reinstate some structure in my household. Like with diets, our interests or stickability wanes with time. The same is said for our children.

Smurfs: Knowing the count will sometimes deter us from making that bad choice again. Consider finding an alternative strategy so you have something positive to replace it with that you really like.

Scooter: My favorite 100 cal pack is HARD to find!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 PM   #15  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Woohoo!

I had a super-fun weekend. I went biking with a friend. We took a couple mini-breaks along the way, but we were gone for almost 2 1/2 hours! It was a great workout.

My motivation for Christmas: the last few years I have been too embarrassed to ask for clothes because of the size I wore. This year, I would love to be able to ask for a few shirts, perhaps a cashmere sweater? and be able to proudly say I wear a medium.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote