3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Sept 4th - Sept 10th Support Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/93000-christmas-challenge-chicks-week-sept-4th-sept-10th-support-thread.html)

PumpkinPrincess 09-03-2006 11:04 PM

Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Sept 4th - Sept 10th Support Thread

O my goodness girls we are kicking butt and taking names! We are now into the first week of September!!! Jingle Jingle Jingle!!!! Keep on Rock'n Girls!!!:carrot:

jelly 09-04-2006 10:32 AM

Good Morning Ladies:cp:

Hope you all have a GREAT Weekned!!!! Now it's time to get on track and get theses pounds off. Ya'll Have a GREAT Day and Don't forget to drink your WATER:cheers:

ktandthesmurfs 09-04-2006 10:53 AM

First day of school tomorrow! This will usher in a new era for me. NO caf food. All nutritious and delicious packed lunches. I am trying to start running but I am not sure how to go about it. Does anyone have any online programs or structures for a beggining runner (I can't run for more than a minute and a half right now)

DeafinlySmart 09-04-2006 11:14 AM

kt--that's my crux is cafeteria food. Actually I'm not having as much a problem with that as the "food lesson plans" like learning to read/follow directions by making dirt pudding (I ate 12 oreos..I haven't binged like that in a while). In the cafeteria my biggest enemy is the unknown. Things can look healthy but are they? Well I guess I could ask the cafeteria lady. I know they no longer use butter to make grilled cheese. Many changes are happening. Plus I bring my own dressing for the days I want a salad instead of whatever they are serving. The hard part is denying myself the junkier food if it is being offered that day. Over time that won't have as powerful of an effect as not seeing it all summer. My favorite thing I'm sure has tons of calories....chicken salad. I wonder if it is prepackaged or made that week. I'll ask. My other big crux is breakfast club on Friday. I keep telling myself that most things can be had in smaller servings/moderation.

This past month most days I've eaten on the low calorie side (1200 and sometimes lower) but not on purpose. This week I've eaten a lot more. When I've messed up, I still added good foods even when the bad ones too up precious calories. I was reminded that someone's tag line says "Diet is not an all or nothing thing, each bite is another chance to get it right." I just dropped .4lb. It's not much. I'm not sure it is even accurate considering it has all gone up and down over the past month. This is the first I've weighed 157.0 (even) so I'm wondering if I needed to eat more. I admit I was starting to give up and eat what I want. I still had good serving sizes (except those oreos) but I wasn't in weight loss mode. Disclaimer...that doesn't mean I need junk food.

For breakfast I forced myself out of bed and made 2 scrambled eggs (omega 3 enriched) topped on double fiber wheat bread with 1/4 cup shredded cheese on it and petite diced tomatoes (minced garlic, onion, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, and basil are inside the egg). Then ate a plum to go with it. DELICIOUS!

GoingGoal 09-04-2006 12:23 PM

Hey all hope everyone is having a great weekend!!! Ours has been a bit of a downer. We were suppose to go to a bar-b-q to celebrate the end of summer, hubbys 47th b-day, (9/3), and our 19th wed. annv. (9/5) but DH came down with the flu and has been in bed with fever and chills all weekend. :( On the up side I am down 2 more lbs in my weigh in this morning. :) I am so happy I found this site. I have such a long way to go before I get to goal it can get discouraging sometimes. Coming on here and reading every ones posts and the progress pictures keeps me focused and gives me the boost I need to keep going. Thank you everybody!!!

DeafinlySmart- a thought for next time you make those very tempting dirt cups is to use cookies made with carob. Carob has 51 calories per ounce to cocoa powder's 98. Just a thought. :hug:

ktandthesmurfs 09-04-2006 03:18 PM

oreos....my weakness.....i can eat a whole package in one sitting....drool

PumpkinPrincess 09-04-2006 03:55 PM

211 pages down --- 413 more pages to go...Wish me Luck! Oh what fun College is!:dizzy:

DeafinlySmart 09-04-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktandthesmurfs (Post 1394536)
oreos....my weakness.....i can eat a whole package in one sitting....drool

I've never really bought a package, but apparently it is a huge weakness for me too. I guess it is good I stopped at 12. LOL.

pixiefalls 09-04-2006 05:09 PM

Hey gals. I'm finally seeing some losses. I'm down to 184.5 from 186.5 .. woo 2 pounds finally :carrot:!

And I agree.. don't forget your water! (oreos are yum.. that's why I never buy them.. I WILL eat too many).

Zorak 09-04-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktandthesmurfs (Post 1394279)
Does anyone have any online programs or structures for a beggining runner (I can't run for more than a minute and a half right now)

The website Cool Running has a Couch to 5k plan you may want to try. :)

Becky264 09-04-2006 06:29 PM

A new week!

Despite the county fair this weekend - I've been good. The carameled apples, elephant ears and cotton candy don't bother me at all so it wasn't too bad. I did have a taco salad though cause I was so hungry, so I did behave myself and am still losing.

Had a scare last night. My husband was getting ready to go sit outside in his blind to hunt deer, but he had severe chest pains so he laid down. Refused to go to the doctor or let me take him. He's a man. He's always been like that. Sews himself up when he rips his skin open. Even accidentally stabbed himself in the arm with a knife and he stitched himself up. Anyway, I had him take aspirin right away, and then we had some nitroglycerin tablets in the cupboard (from his dad who passed away). Had him take one of those. After a little bit he felt better, but he was weak and wiped out. This isn't the first time this has happened. I told him it was his body telling him to get checked out, cause the big ones on its way. I think I've got him convinced into seeing a doctor. Maybe . . . He was really being "such a man" ;) and all refusing to see anyone, and complaining about the cost of doctors and hospitals, that until I had tears in my eyes, :stress: he didn't really think of how this would affect me and the kids (even though they're grown). Anyway, cross your fingers :crossed: and hope I can get him to the doctor.

Meanwhile, he has been watching his food all week alongside me - it helps when we both are doing it. He has his own kind of diet though. Whatever - at least he is trying, somewhat.

DeafinlySmart 09-04-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoingGoal (Post 1394363)
DeafinlySmart- a thought for next time you make those very tempting dirt cups is to use cookies made with carob. Carob has 51 calories per ounce to cocoa powder's 98. Just a thought. :hug:

Sounds good except I'm the aide so I don't buy the supplies. :) Unfortunately I just eat them. :dizzy:

DeafinlySmart 09-04-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky264 (Post 1394694)
Despite the county fair this weekend - I've been good. The carameled apples, elephant ears and cotton candy don't bother me at all so it wasn't too bad. I did have a taco salad though cause I was so hungry, so I did behave myself and am still losing.

Had a scare last night. My husband was getting ready to go sit outside in his blind to hunt deer, but he had severe chest pains so he laid down. Refused to go to the doctor or let me take him. He's a man. He's always been like that. Sews himself up when he rips his skin open. Even accidentally stabbed himself in the arm with a knife and he stitched himself up. Anyway, I had him take aspirin right away, and then we had some nitroglycerin tablets in the cupboard (from his dad who passed away). Had him take one of those. After a little bit he felt better, but he was weak and wiped out. This isn't the first time this has happened. I told him it was his body telling him to get checked out, cause the big ones on its way. I think I've got him convinced into seeing a doctor. Maybe . . . He was really being "such a man" ;) and all refusing to see anyone, and complaining about the cost of doctors and hospitals, that until I had tears in my eyes, :stress: he didn't really think of how this would affect me and the kids (even though they're grown). Anyway, cross your fingers :crossed: and hope I can get him to the doctor.

Meanwhile, he has been watching his food all week alongside me - it helps when we both are doing it. He has his own kind of diet though. Whatever - at least he is trying, somewhat.

Yikes! I hope he DOES go to the doctor. At least get him to sit down and check his blood pressure, etc when you see one at a store. It does sound like he wants to be the big man, but a big man would go to the doctor to soothe his distraught wife (at least that is what you should tell him ;) )

JennyDee25 09-04-2006 08:32 PM

My goodness I have been away for so long! Last week I didn't even post at all. I have been so busy & have been eating really really bad! Take out like everyday..geez no kidding...I have been unhealthy & why I don't know...just because I could and I really did enjoy the food; however I feel yucky! I had no fruits, no veggies & no milk all week....gross...& I haven't been drinking my water.

Tomorrow it is grocery shopping day! Yah 10% off at Safeway. So I will get back on track, have healthier food choices, drink my water & exercise. This is such a stressful time right now...I dont have my daughter registered for daycare, or myself for school...no student loan yet too pay for the tuition & books...Man this sucks..no wonder I've been stress eating.

I also had my yardsale for 3 days, did not sell any big stuff all small junkie things & made $500...but its all gone...but damn take out food for my family & extended family! Now I'm broke! GEEZ

GoingGoal 09-04-2006 08:40 PM

Sounds like how my dad was. Really it was just that he was scared. Scared that he was going to be told by the doctor what he already knew deep inside. That his cholesterol was high, that he was a walking heart attack, and that he had been having loud warning signs that his life style would need to change. My mom ended up making an appointment for him with out telling him and then while they were out doing "errands" together they just happened to end up at the doctors office. They had a huge argument out in the car before going in but he went. Slowly changes were made and he came to gruntfully accept them. I hope your hubby doesn't change his mind and goes in. My prayers are with you. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky264 (Post 1394694)