Old 08-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #76  

Default I want in on the challenge

I would love to lose 30 by Thanksgiving. I'm off to Vegas that following week.
I started WW on 8/14/06, I'm off to a great week so far!
Starting weight 278:
carrot: Let's get busy
Lots_To_Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #77  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

HI all well today I did pretty good! My water intake has not met goal yet...but I still have a bit to do so! My son and I ended up going for a walk this morning; he rode his bike but we were gone 40 mins and I did my walk and running! Wow I think I did really good today! I'm actually proud of myself! I wonder if I will ever be able to run 1k straight soon and then 2 k...etc to 5 k? HMMMM!!!! That would be cool!

I don't know what I did today but I really hurt my foot! I think I did a bit too much! I think I will have to put it in a tensor for when I'm around the house! I have my running shoes on now and it is helping out a lot!

So my eating was okay I think I stayed within points but my kids had a b-day to go too and I had a slice of pizza some taco chips with yummy dip and a bite of cake! SO I did okay considering they were really small portions!

Mellyanne----thank you so much for the inspirational message! Yes I fit into a size 10 pants...I think I'm pretty much there! I can't believe it myself! I remember when all I wanted to be was a twelve....my highest pant size was 15/14 and 34 jeans @ 199! When I was around 180 I started to fit into a size 12.

For me I really just follow the weight watchers flex plan! I really don't measure my portion sizes...I totally estimate! So if I was exactly on tee I probably would be doing a whole heck of a lot better! But you see I love food and I do like the yucky stuff occasionally; so for me I had to have say Mcdonalds a couple times a week when I was first starting out! but I would count all my points!

Now I haven't been eating so bad that I'm not craving all the greasy stuff! I really try and eat for the body I want not the body I have! I usually eat what I want! If I want something I will have it but maybe just a bite or 2! And if I do overindulge the I take that for the moment and my next meal will be hopefully back on track..I try not to blow it for the day!

A couple tricks is I have a one litre water bottle with me filled up at all times and I continuously drink outta that during the day & when I am really hungry I will drink water because it may help subside that feeling and if it does not work then I go for a low calorie treat such as fruit or veggies! I also try not to eat after 8 pm!

& journalling tracking what I eat really helps me! But I eat the foods I want too and weezed my way into liking light and diet labled food!

I hope this helped a little bit! I also exercise about 3x's a week more lately since I've been seeing the scale at a newer number...it's very motivating and I like to weigh myself everyday! Then I can see if I'm on track or not!

CHeers to you..hope everything goes well for you!
JennyDee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #78  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

love that christmas ticker
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #79  
I love Justin!!

S/C/G: 228.8/217.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Well another 3.8 lbs bites the dust!!!
bopis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:18 AM   #80  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Elycia 8/19

Hello everyone:

Just checking in to say Hey! I have been doing pretty good so far. Yesterday, I didn't get as much water as I would have liked, but I am going to keep trying.

Jennydee, thanx for your suggestions. I agree that tracking everything I eat is helping alot as well. I use Fitday.com to track everything. When I lost weight in the past, that is what I used and i tell ya, the weight was really dropping off. I also follow Flex points. Isn't that a wonderful plan? I mean, it is great because it does teach you portion control. Even if you are guestimating, apparently, you have an idea of how much you should eat which means you've got the point of Flexpoints. It's great for teaching you portion control. I love it!

Well, I have a convention to attend all of this weekend and I have to get going now.

Bopis, congrats on your weight loss! Losing4Another, yes, my weight loss is for a pair of shoes. I am a total shoe horse but I am holding out to buy a new pair when I reach my 5% goal. Yep, I decided to do 5% because I am very reward oriented and so I will get rewards more often. I can't wait to reach my mini-goal.

Everyone take care. I cheated and got on the scale this morning and so I know I will be reporting a loss on Wednesday. Yay!

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #81  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Wow! I've been gone a couple of days and so many new posts! I'm going to check in more often so I can keep up with what's going on with everybody. Mellyann, I think the list is a great idea. It makes me more motivated to think that somebody else is noticing. Keep up the good work, ladies!
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #82  

I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing so well! Compiling the list every week definitely helps me, too and also helps me get to know all of you better.

I blew it last night -- caved in late and ate cheese, crackers, apple and pudding - so basically i pigged out. BUT I am back on track today and we still have 4 full days before weigh in on Wed 8/23.

I've never done one of these challenges before, so I'm not sure but do most people usually drop off toward the middle/end? I hope that won't be the case for this one. You have my pledge that I will keep compiling the stats, even if I end up not doing so well on any given week. I will stick through to the end. I hope all of you do as well. Then what? Start a new challenge!!! Maybe A New Year challenge?

Thanks for the participation!
mellyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots_To_Lose View Post
I would love to lose 30 by Thanksgiving. I'm off to Vegas that following week.
I started WW on 8/14/06, I'm off to a great week so far!
Starting weight 278:
carrot: Let's get busy
Adding you to the list! Next weigh in is Wed 8/23!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

I am going to vegas the week before Thankgiving and would love to have some wt loss support. Sign me up! I am doing the fat smash diet (just started today) my goal is to loose 25 pounds by the time I go to Vegas

Pam
pmteub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #85  

Default Please Check List for Name/Accuracy

I am posting my latest version of the list of Thanksgiving Challenge members so that you can

1] Make sure your name is on it

2] Check your info for accuracy.

Each week we will weigh in and please post your weight difference here. The next day after 4 pm est I will update the chart. Please post even if you have no difference or a gain! Gains can happen even if you are doing the right things due to water gain. The next week you could have a big drop in weight.

If I don't receive an update for a given member by 4 pm the day after weigh in, I will put a N/A for that week and we can just update the following week. So, if you decide for whatever reason you do not want to weigh in, no problem. You are still in the challenge!!! I can totally understand not wanting to weigh in or being able to weigh in on a given week. It's the END RESULT that is important!

Thanks, ladies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg week1c.jpg (58.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 08-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #86  
I love Justin!!

Default I need to update my info MELLYANN

[QUOTE=mellyann;1376692]I am posting my latest version of the list of Thanksgiving Challenge members so that you can

1] Make sure your name is on it

2] Check your info for accuracy.

I need my start weight to be 192.4 and my goal weight to be 171 pls.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2006, 06:05 PM   #87  
I love Justin!!

Default Thanks Elycia

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2girl View Post
Hello everyone:

Bopis, congrats on your weight loss! Losing4Another, yes, my weight loss is for a pair of shoes. I am a total shoe horse but I am holding out to buy a new pair when I reach my 5% goal. Yep, I decided to do 5% because I am very reward oriented and so I will get rewards more often. I can't wait to reach my mini-goal.

Everyone take care. I cheated and got on the scale this morning and so I know I will be reporting a loss on Wednesday. Yay!

Ciao!

Elycia
Thank you.

I worked hard to get those pounds off
Old 08-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #88  
Sarah

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'8"

Oh Hey! Too late to join in? I probably won't show much of a loss this week, since I'm getting a late start. Around here there is a 5k on Thanksgiving morning and I'd love to be able to run it....1st time for everything! I'm going to be trying the Fat Smash, though I don't have the book yet, I'm detoxing from caffeine right now and I think this challenge would be enough to at least motivate me not to super over eat.

Starting weight 162, goal weight 144, weight loss goal of 18 lbs.

Sarah
sarah140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #89  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

I can empathize with you getting carried away and snacking, mellyann. I'm afraid my weekend is going to show on the scales tomorrow. I'll just have to be real good Monday and Tuesday. Hope everybody else kept their resolutions.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #90  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Elycia 8/20

Hey everyone:

Just checking in to say Hello. I'm staying away from fast food and pop which are my major downfalls.

Everyone take care and eat healthy!

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote