3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   How about a Thanksgiving Challenge?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/91553-how-about-thanksgiving-challenge.html)

mellyann 08-29-2006 06:59 PM

Helpful Tip

In the evening I look forward to a cup of Nestle Carb Select w/marshmallows. 35 calories and it gives me one final thing to consume before I call it quits eating for the day.

Kyrie 08-29-2006 07:07 PM

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I knew that I would love this place. How bad do I want to see my goal? WOW bad!
I live in Arizona and, yeah, it's hot here. I am so out of shape that just climbing the stairs to our second story condo makes me short of breath and my heart beats so hard in my chest! I know that I have to start moving, but I also know that I can't take on too much too soon. I pulled out (and dusted off) my Pilates machine - even used it twice today! My mini goal is to get into that pair of brand new jeans. At that point, I plan to pull the bike out of the garage. I got on the bike about a month ago, or so. I could only stay on it long enough to go around the parking lot. That was depressing! I haven't been back on it. So, that's the Mini Goal Part II... get back on that bike.
Thanks again for the welcome!

mellyann 08-29-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrie (Post 1388631)
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I knew that I would love this place. How bad do I want to see my goal? WOW bad!
I live in Arizona and, yeah, it's hot here. I am so out of shape that just climbing the stairs to our second story condo makes me short of breath and my heart beats so hard in my chest! I know that I have to start moving, but I also know that I can't take on too much too soon. I pulled out (and dusted off) my Pilates machine - even used it twice today! My mini goal is to get into that pair of brand new jeans. At that point, I plan to pull the bike out of the garage. I got on the bike about a month ago, or so. I could only stay on it long enough to go around the parking lot. That was depressing! I haven't been back on it. So, that's the Mini Goal Part II... get back on that bike.
Thanks again for the welcome!

I'm sorry, I meant to say "how much do you want to set your weight goal FOR" not how bad do you want to achieve it!!! I know you want it BAD! We all do! So, I'd never ask that! :)

Kyrie 08-29-2006 08:05 PM

AAAHHHHHHH
That makes so much more sense!! Well, let's see..... 244 today, 12 weeks to go.... let's commit to 225. That's 19 lbs in 3 months. If I stick to it, I can do it. Maybe that should be my mantra... "If I stick to it, I can do it."

mellyann 08-29-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrie (Post 1388691)
AAAHHHHHHH
That makes so much more sense!! Well, let's see..... 244 today, 12 weeks to go.... let's commit to 225. That's 19 lbs in 3 months. If I stick to it, I can do it. Maybe that should be my mantra... "If I stick to it, I can do it."

19 pounds sounds like a good goal! Good mantra, too. It is true. If I wouldn't have cheated 1/2 the time (or a bit more) I would be at my ideal weight by now. I started in Feb. That's 7 months. I'll tell you, 7 mos from now I will NOT be saying the same thing! I'll be saying I finally did it!

Jadeddieter 08-29-2006 10:30 PM

I am in Tennessee... I hate to be a pain in the ***, but I was wrong about my weight last week...I started out at 263.4...I didn't want to know what I weighed until I had a week or two under of dieting under my belt..crazy I know, but I asked my friend to write it down for me...I just didn't want to be discouraged at the begining if I was way over 260. I will weigh in the morning, sorry I missed last week, I was sick... I am doing Push/ *although I haven't worked out at all yet* and Fitday.com.....Thanks for doing all this!!!!

Jazzbird 08-30-2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyrie (Post 1388631)

I live in Arizona and, yeah, it's hot here. I am so out of shape that just climbing the stairs to our second story condo makes me short of breath and my heart beats so hard in my chest!

At least part of the reason I like this challenge is that Thanksgiving makes me think about cooler times. It's been really, really hot here in Texas. The last couple of days we've had a little relief in the form of some cloudy weather, but mostly the summer's been a beast. I just keep thinking about how nice it will be to put on those smaller jeans and a sweater and eat whatever I want to on Thanksgiving day.

Of course, I'll have to get right back into diet mode. This has to be a way of life, not a one-shot deal. I want to lose another 10 pounds to get down to my real goal weight. Maybe I'll see some of you gals on the next challenge.

harkeyvalley 08-30-2006 01:10 AM

Kyrie: You are so very welcome here. I found that this site is very friendly. There are so many super ladies. Everyone is doing their own weight loss program and sharing what works for them. We have alot of Weight Watcher ladies and they seem to love it. I to, like Melly, count calories. I've dieted so much over the last 45 years that I know the calorie count of dirt! LOL. Well, maybe not, but close. Read the various threads, find your niche and be part of our Thanksgiving challenge. You have nothing to lose but [B]weight[B]!
Norma aka harkeyvalley

Holyteror 08-30-2006 01:13 AM

lolololol that's funny! DIRT!!!!!!!!!!

Karma27 08-30-2006 06:23 AM

Dropping in to weigh in .. I have not lost a single pound. **sigh**

bopis21 08-30-2006 06:30 AM

Good Morning!

I weighed in at 187 for a loss of 1.6lbs!!

I am slowly chipping away at my goal.

Hope everyone had a good week.

girlieyorkie 08-30-2006 08:05 AM

Checking in and reporting another measly 1 lb. loss. Oh well, better than gaining.

Liz-z78 08-30-2006 08:26 AM

Hi everyone!
Bopis21 and Elyn congratulations on the weight-loss! You gals are definately headed in the write direction!
As noted in previous post I am reporting a gain for the week. :( 187.6 for me here. But I am still down overall and am back in the diet mode this week after a week of wreckless eating and lounging. Matter of fact I'm headed to the gym now to get my jog/walk in.

-Liz

mellyann 08-30-2006 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadeddieter (Post 1388828)
I am in Tennessee... I hate to be a pain in the ***, but I was wrong about my weight last week...I started out at 263.4...I didn't want to know what I weighed until I had a week or two under of dieting under my belt..crazy I know, but I asked my friend to write it down for me...I just didn't want to be discouraged at the begining if I was way over 260. I will weigh in the morning, sorry I missed last week, I was sick... I am doing Push/ *although I haven't worked out at all yet* and Fitday.com.....Thanks for doing all this!!!!

No problem. I changed your starting weight on the chart. YOu'll see it when the new one is posted tomorrow.

mellyann 08-30-2006 08:45 AM

my weigh in - week 2

Okay, so I'm back to 185 after my weight gain last week. Back to the starting weight.

I've got to kick butt going forward, but this Saturday I leave for Disney World and my birthday is Sunday? I think I'm going to give myself 2 free days, then on Monday, back to the plan of eating much less.

Kyrie 08-30-2006 09:59 AM

Okay, my official weigh in.... 243 lbs today. I actually lost a pound since yesterday!? Starting the day off right with my first cup of Splenda sweetened coffee. I know that sweeteners can cause cravings, but I've found that Splenda really works for me. I've made a pitcher of Iced Tea sweetened with Splenda and will stay away from anything else, other than water. Bacon and eggs for breakfast and a salad for lunch. Sweetie and I will be picking up the Sonoma Diet book this evening.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072...4/175/243/.png

mini goal for Thanksgiving

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057...4/224/243/.png

Jazzbird 08-30-2006 10:21 AM

Looks like I'm down just 0.4 pound from last week. Well, a loss is a loss!

jcatron243 08-30-2006 11:30 AM

Weighing in:
8/16/06: 184
8/23/06: 181
8/30/06: 177

4 lb weight loss

I was shocked when I got on the scale I had 4 days off of work and ate much differently than I have been. I have been staying on my calorie plan, but I am shocked anyway. My workouts have been less than consistent, but I guess it worked!

I went to Curves yesterday, I get a week for free, plus I go into a drawing for a year for free. I can't pay the monthly fee but at least I get one week! Not to mention I may be moving to Arizona so I am saving money for that possibility.

SugarRox 08-30-2006 12:17 PM

Just dropping by to weigh in ...148...down 1lb

lovethatsara 08-30-2006 02:08 PM

Weighing in at 272

NurseMichelle 08-30-2006 02:34 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!! Can you guys stand me? I am so doing the happy happy dance....drumroll please......

*****227*****

Oh crap I have to run, I want to write more, will be back around 4 or so...oh yes and I finally got a fitday journal, and I LOVE IT!! I showed it to anyone who would look...check it out (in my siggy) but keep in mind, yesterdays amts counted the fact that I work 12 hr midnights so essentially I was up 24 hrs straight (minus small nap before going in) so I allow myself an extra meal and snack...a normal day would be much less!

harkeyvalley 08-30-2006 05:30 PM

I am frustrated. I was down to 260.5 yesterday and I was a saint when it came to counting calories and today I'm 261.5. I don't think it was water. It's got me befuddled. But my loss for the week grrrrr is
.5lb
You better bet next week I'll have something to crow about!

Michelle: WOW! Congratulations on the big loss!

Norma

Losing4another 08-30-2006 06:17 PM

woohoo reporting a loss
SW240
CW238.5
Loss 1.5
:carrot:

shoots-alot 08-30-2006 07:01 PM

Well, I joined the challenge but, haven't figured out how to report my loss. I lost 2lbs this past week and I guess I will be happy with that. 12 lbs so far!

Holyteror 08-30-2006 07:37 PM

congrats everyone :)

i don't feel to great today. Ya know, pms is one thing, stress is another, but dangit I DON'T NEED STOMACH CRAMPS TOO!!

I'm sorry...i just feel like crud and i have since lunch :(

u2girl 08-30-2006 08:02 PM

Reporting a loss again! I am at 237.5! Yay! Congrats on all of the losses and checking in. Good job everyone!

dustcatcher 08-30-2006 08:16 PM

Unfortunately I have stayed about the same......

8-16 238.6
8-23 237.8
8-30 237.8

dustcatcher

Jadeddieter 08-30-2006 10:15 PM

260.1 whoo hooo thanks

Jadeddieter 08-30-2006 10:32 PM

poker nurse you normally eat 800 something cals a day??? I eat about 1,400 is that too many????

harkeyvalley 08-30-2006 10:37 PM

Jadeddieter: The total calories is an individual thing. I have 2000 a day and I've lost 11 lbs in 3.5 weeks. FitDay says it takes 3300 to maintain my current weight, so I'm cutting 1300 calories a day and it's working good for me. Each month I'll have to reduce my intake to keep the losses coming.
Do what works for you.

Norma aka harkeyvalley

NurseMichelle 08-31-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadeddieter (Post 1390069)
poker nurse you normally eat 800 something cals a day??? I eat about 1,400 is that too many????

Actually, either I was still putting in entries that day and wasn't done yet, or more likely, I work midnights and some of my entries would not be entered until 3 am or so...you must've been sleeping....<wink> I get around 1600-1800 cal a day, but wish I had more control and went less than that...1400 is about RIGHT ON!

LOL today should be a good day, worked last night, so I'll be sleeping until 2, go to the gym, have dinner, etc but don't have to work again tonight, be in bed around 9 or 10....probably only two meals and one snack...but that makes up for the 4 meals and 3 snacks I'd have on a day where I worked and stayed up all 24 hrs. Maybe TODAY will be only an 800 cal day or so...

I have a zillion fitday questions....like, do you think I REALLY burn up 1800 calories in a 12 hr shift as a nurse? I mean, I work hard, but THAT hard? And some of the recipes not being listed as food choices is bugging me!! That should clear up as I save custom foods, but still....and elliptical isn't a choice for exercise....Great tool though! I've been showing it to all my friends! My husband has even started one!! I'm half worried that it will become an obsession for me, counting like a fiend....but I also have you friends to keep me in check.

Falling asleep at the puter here...good <night> day to you all! xoxoxoxox

mellyann 08-31-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcatron243 (Post 1389378)
Weighing in:
8/16/06: 184
8/23/06: 181
8/30/06: 177

4 lb weight loss

I was shocked when I got on the scale I had 4 days off of work and ate much differently than I have been. I have been staying on my calorie plan, but I am shocked anyway. My workouts have been less than consistent, but I guess it worked!

I went to Curves yesterday, I get a week for free, plus I go into a drawing for a year for free. I can't pay the monthly fee but at least I get one week! Not to mention I may be moving to Arizona so I am saving money for that possibility.

Wow, you are doing awesome! 7 lb loss so far! How many calories are you sticking to? Great job and great inspiration.

mellyann 08-31-2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bird lady (Post 1389895)
Well, I joined the challenge but, haven't figured out how to report my loss. I lost 2lbs this past week and I guess I will be happy with that. 12 lbs so far!

Hi, Bird Lady. I have your starting weight (for challenge) as 240. What is your current weight? That will tell me what to put in the chart for your weight loss.

Thanks!

mellyann 08-31-2006 10:01 AM

Week 2 Weigh in Chart

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it's been 2 weeks since we started the challenge and we are seeing some GREAT success! In the attached chart I've highlighted in yellow the members who have weighed in this this week.

I am showing a pitiful 0 lb loss! Being the person who started this challenge, that is REALLY sad! Some of you have an almost 7 lb weight loss (lovethatsara!).

Okay, I'm going to get it in gear. Nursemichelle, you have reminded me that sticking to 1400 calories DOES produce results. Stay the course....stay the course....

Please let me know if any of the information on the chart is inaccurate. I'll fix it and repost.

GREAT JOB, LADIES!

bopis21 08-31-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellyann (Post 1390518)
Well, it's been 2 weeks since we started the challenge and we are seeing some GREAT success! In the attached chart I've highlighted in yellow the members who have weighed in this this week.

I am showing a pitiful 0 lb loss! Being the person who started this challenge, that is REALLY sad! Some of you have an almost 7 lb weight loss (lovethatsara!).

Okay, I'm going to get it in gear. Nursemichelle, you have reminded me that sticking to 1400 calories DOES produce results. Stay the course....stay the course....

Please let me know if any of the information on the chart is inaccurate. I'll fix it and repost.

GREAT JOB, LADIES!

Thanks so much Melly!

The chart really helps to see where I am at!

jcatron243 08-31-2006 11:50 AM

I am trying to stay with a 1200-1300 calorie diet. But there are days like yesterday when I was hungry so I ate more I had about 1400+ calories. I also drink a lot of water! I drink at least 80 oz per day, but I have drank up to a gallon depending on what my daily activities are. I have noticed on days that I dont get my 80 oz I feel like crap. I also am very into my exercises these days. I ride my stationary bike for 20 minutes, alternate weights/pilates and I walk 5 nights a week after work anywhere between 1.5 to 2.5 miles. As long as I am moving for 30 minutes. I think as TOM comes I will increase my calorie intake because I am always starving at this time and I don't want to get down on myself.

Jadeddieter 08-31-2006 09:39 PM

I weighed in at 260.1..... it shows me as not weighing in.. is it because I am getting so skinny you are having a hard time seeing me? *smile* thanks for doing all this work.. you are a rockstar!

Jadeddieter 08-31-2006 09:51 PM

Also- I am going to Atlanta this weekend on a vacation.... Can anyone help me not blow it?

u2girl 08-31-2006 10:36 PM

You missed me Melly. Hmmm...maybe I didn't post. :?: Anyways, I am down to 237.5. It's probably too late now, but please update if possible. I don't want you to think I am not holding up my end. :)

Elycia

Jazzbird 08-31-2006 11:26 PM

We've lost a total of 58.4 pounds so far! This group rocks! I added up the lost pounds from Melly's chart and added in 4 pounds for Elycia. Is that right, u2girl?

I wonder where all those lost pounds go. Is there an Island of Lost Pounds, like the Island of Lost Boys in Peter Pan? I don't think I want to visit there!