Old 07-03-2006, 01:55 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Miss F.A.T Challenge ~ 2 Weeks!

Hey all! Here's the thread for this week! Chit chat away!

Updated List (most recent WIs in bold):

Shari ~ 245
Courtnie ~ 188.4
Anguilla ~ 311
DC ~ 238
Cheryl ~ 207
Nola ~ 179
Wendy ~ 136
Korie ~ 175
Nikki ~ 188.5
Tricia ~ 258.5
Rosario ~ 232
Patty ~ 180
Gina ~ 208
707 ~ 185
Dinach ~ 230
Ellen ~ 230
Kim ~ 198
Jannelle ~ 205
Randee ~ 231
Stevi ~ 224.5
Donna ~ 162.6

Last edited by JasonsLea; 07-09-2006 at 12:57 PM.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:04 AM   #2  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I wanna join...whats the challenge?
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:07 AM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Hi Stevi! Welcome! Here's my 'official' description:

Hi everyone! I was trying to think up a new challenge and I saw this commercial for Monique's F.A.T Chance. I LOVE Monique, she's so beautiful and confident...just happy with herself. I wanna be like that so I decided to name my challenge after her show. Monique's F.A.T Chance premieres on Oxygen July 15 but our challenge will end on the 17th. I am so revved up! Join me ladies!

BTW, F.A.T stands for Fabulous and Thick, which we ALL are!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #4  
so sweet

Height: 5'4"

Hey Shari! I almost didn't find this thread, I ended up doing a search for it.

I'm gonna paste your questions here cause its hard for me to remember if I don't.

How does the lemonade taste?
I really like the taste, I love spicey things so the cayenne makes it more interesting for me!

Do you get headaches, feel dizzy, etc?
Um, I haven't had any headaches, but that could be because I don't do it for more than a day at a time. I just need to have my solid foods, so after 1 day of all liquids, I end up eating normally the next day. I know I shouldn't do this to get the full effect of the detox, but I do still benefit from it.

Are you hungry at all?
I do become hungry on the days I follow the lemonade diet, but as soon as I do, I drink more lemonade(2 glasses) and that seems to make the feeling subside.

I guess the only advice I can give is listen to your body. If you feel headachy for more than 3 days doing the detox, and peppermint tea doesn't seem to help, then that may be a sign that you need to stop and check with your doctor for the best way you can detox.

I hope this helps you out some.
bejeweled*curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #5  
so sweet

Hey Wendy, I'm with you. I can bearly stick to this detox for more than a day, there's no way I'd be able to handle the salt part! yuck!
Old 07-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263.5

Height: 5'8"

Default New Here! How do I join?

I'd love to join the challenge...can someone tell me how to do it? Also - how do I create a profile?

Melissa
Melissahoney37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Yes, it should be fine to mention the book, since the discussion is already going, lol. I have to be honest and admit that I'm not thrilled about this particular book, since detox diets have been discredited by the biggest experts in medicine and nutrition, and we don't like to encourage them on the forum. They can be very dangerous. At the most, you'll lose some excess water weight and have a really big BM (or the runs). Of course it all comes back as soon as you start eating food and drinking water again. At worst, it can leave you dehydrated, malnourished, and if you have kidney or heart problems, then you could create serious health problems. There's no such thing as an actual "detox", it's just a marketing myth. Somewhere on the forum is a post that quotes top experts from Yale, Harvard, and other reputable organizations that explains how and why detox diets are bad news.

This coming from one of the administrators of 3FC!!I happen to agree with her on this one, I think it's an easy weight loss sure, but what are you doing to your body??
I went out and bought the "First" magazine and the diet plan that you are following is different from the one I was talking about. The Master Cleanser does not allow anything but the concoction for 7 days, definatly not something I would put on here, it could be dangerous to someones health.
If you are going to follow the "diet/detox" from the magazine, make sure you look up the book and author to see if it's legite!I wouldn't want anyone getting sick from it!
Well, today is my weigh in day and I'm the same I'm going to up my exercise and start counting some calories, hope by September 1/06 I will be at my goal weight of 125lbs!
Have agood day ladies!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Thanks for the info Jannelle and Wendy!

Welcome Melissa! We have two weeks left in this challenge. All you have to do is choose your goal for the challenge, post your starting weight, and post your weigh in on your weigh in day. Now about your profile, what exactly do you want to do?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #9  

OH NOOOO! I am going the wrong way! I am 240 today, I was 238 last week! I could scream! I hope this is just a temporary fluctuation.

dustcatcher
dustcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Don't fret DC. It's probably is just temp. I gained like 5 lbs during TOM but was 245 last time I weighed.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #11  
so sweet

oops forgot to post my weight, I'm still at 209. Hopefully that'll change for the better before next week sunday. Good luck everyone and Happy 4th of July! =)
Old 07-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #12  
dgpebbles

Hello Shari...I've been gone for a few week...I went on vacation and then came back to a week of **** at work...I'm ready to join back in on your challenges....I'm now at 162.6 and my goal is to be in the 150's by june 17th
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

good morning ladies. I am still here, we went on a little vacation, and I overdid it a little. I am not going to weigh in until Friday morning, so I will keep you posted. Had TOM too, so I am hoping that last weeks WI was water weight. I was the same as the week before.

I had to do a cleanse before a medical test, and let me tell you, It was not fun, by the thrid or fourth day I was so miserable. But it had to be done.

Later chicas
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hiya!!! I know it's not my weigh in day BUT I jumped on the scale and I'm down 1.5lbs! If it stays off I'll only have 1.5 to go till I reach my goal! Guess I'll know next Monday on my weigh in date!
Ciao
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #15  
so sweet

Wendy, Hi 5!! That's awesome, hard work pays off.