Old 09-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #1  

Default Christmas Challenge Chicks Week of Sept 11th - Sept 17th Support Thread

Hope nobody minds but a new thread had not been started yet today. Since it is my weigh in day I thought I would go ahead and open one up so we can check in.

Down 3 lbs and joined a health club today!! Hope I don't scare anybody

Last edited by GoingGoal; 09-11-2006 at 11:39 PM.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 366/313/199

Height: 5 ft 11 inches

Default I'm Back!!! Finally

I have not posted for awhile...we have had a busy and stressful week or so. I am now trying to nurse a puppy back to health that belonged to my neighbor. They thought that it was going to die and didn't want to have their children be a witness to it. So far it has been two days and it seems a bit better but it has been alot of work.
I finally got off the plateau I was teetering on...I even waited until I had stayed below....so I have lost 2 pounds and 6 inches all over. I see that everyone seems to be doing well..hurray for all of you. I have also had a couple people tell me that they noticed I was losing weight...a compliment is always nice.
A friend of mine told me she had a pic that was taken about 3 months ago. She is going to bring it to me so that I can compare. If it looks like a decent difference perhaps I will post it....maybe. Anyway girlies keep up the good work. Leslie
smolderingvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:05 PM   #3  

hi everyone,

tom is lurking so i am not stepping on the scale unitl i have a "feel skinny" day! i will not go off track, i have dedicated this x-mas challenge to be at my goal weight. sorry tom no ice cream this month.......

GOINGGAL- great job on lbs lost. i love my health club. i go everyday and my two year old has baby gym there. when i first joined i told myself to try all the classes and amenities the place had to offer. now i do yoga and pilates five days a week and the elliptical machine. sfter my workouts i sit in the dry sauna for ten minutes and really sweat. feels great

SMOLDERING VIXEN-congarts on the weight loss. can't weight for the pics. i hope the puppy is doing well.don't you love the compliments. i just recently by two different people said they noticed i was losing. it feels great and keeps me motivated...
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #4  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Hi Ladies!!!!

FlabbyChic~ Good for you. You let T.O.M. know who's the BOSS

SmolderingVixen~ YAY!!!!! Congrats on them Two pounds. And I really hope the puppy gets better

GoingGoal~ YAY!!!!! That is Awesome!!!!!

Well, Ladies Ya'll doing Great. I did my walk today and gotta do my pilates tonight. Ya'll have a GREAT Day adn make sure you drink your WATER
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #5  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Wake up, girls!

This thread has been snoozing, and we need to get fired up again, in my opinion. Stop lurking and start posting! We miss every one!

GoingGoal- I am so glad you started the thread! Way to go on the exercise!

smolderingvixen- Wahoo for getting over a plateau! I just recently saw some pictures of me from 3 months ago, and I was a bit shocked. The happy kind... hope it goes well for you!

flabbychic- I hear you on the "skinny day" feeling

Jelly- sounds like you are really on with your exercise!

The reality of being back in school is sinking in. I had loads of studying to do last night into the late hours, so I did none other than run out and get egg drop soup, dumplings, and a smoothie. YIKES. There was another 700 calories I did not need at all. I really need to figure out how to deal with late-night studying in a better way. Also, just to treat myself better in general. I need my sleep every night! This is my last year of grad school, one would think I would know how to manage my time by now!

Add to this that the scale is stationary. I guess that makes sense... I haven't been sleeping enough, have had too many treats; I'm less active now than I was over the summer. I just need to get myself back on it!

I need to re-dedicate. Anyone with me?????
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #6  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Hey girls! I have alot of personal things going on right now and I'm sorry for slacking I feel horrible for not being on more but you have no idea...If you pray...Pray...thank you! I can about you all and hopefully I will be on more soon
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #7  

Having a rough day today. Had one of those conversations with DH. You know the one where you have been holding everything in because you knew he didn't want to hear about it or would do anygood anyway and then the volcano errups and it all comes out. Then the BLT's hit. (Bite's, Licks and Tastes) Tomorrow will be a new day, hopefully, and hopefully I didn't do too much damage. It seem like all I have to do is have one bad day and I go backwards 5 lbs.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi all. Wow, seems like I'm not the only one who's had it kinda rough lately. Today work was horrible, I just came off TOM and my WI was 244.4 But I did manage to go to the gym for the first time in like two weeks and it felt great.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:16 AM   #9  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Tree~I hope things turn around for you, your in my thoughts.
GoingGoal~great job on the loss.

I'm doing really well, I weighed myself at a friends house and was a 220 lbs...I just don't know where I'll fall on my scale at the gym, so It'll be anywhere from 5 to 9 lbs. I'm glad I've stuck with my diet for this long, but I'll be really glad when I can eat a piece of fruit or a bowl of cereal.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:02 AM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Laura, are you low carbing?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:25 AM   #11  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

Jasonslea...yeah, I'm halfway through Phase 1(detox) of the south beach diet.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 288/255/170

Height: 5'9

Hello,
I'm new to this site,and bot do I need some help!
I need help getting started! I have so much to loose,that I have no clue where to begin.
My mini goal is to loose at least 20 lbs ASAP!!!
I'm planning on having bypass surgery and I have to loose at least 20 lbs before my surgeon can do my surgery.
My problem is I have injured my self in an accident and have to have knee surgery on my left knee,possibly my right one too!
and since my accident I have issues with my neck and back.(this probally would not be such a hude thing if I was not so Heavy!)
I went for a little walk today w/ my daughter and my neck and back hurt so bad,that I had to force myself to keep going.(only walked a few blocks or so)
I have also stop eating like crap! When I'm stressed I eat junk!
I would love to find out what has worked best for some of you guys out there.I'm really wanting fast results,If I could I would work out for hours,but right now that is not possible.
Any suggestions??? please let me know.
trish71079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #13  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Morning gals-Happy hump day!!! Got in a 2.6 mile run within my 4 mile walk this morning. I made it home just in time because it started raining again shortly after. It's humid and nasty today. YUCK!!!!

Well, my week back to teaching lessons is over. I'm very spoiled because I jammed ALL my lessons into 2 nights, so by Wednesday I'm done with that for the week!!! I start back with church choir accompanying tonight though, so won't be completely free for the remaining nights of the week. Plus, I'll be teaching beading classes a few Thursday nights a month. See, no free nights when you add it all together. Oh well, at least I enjoy what I do most of the time.

trish-I really dont have any advice, but I've gained due to an injury that led to a surgery, and you CAN get back to it once you get fixed up, so dont give up hope! Welcome and I hope you find lots of support here.

Shari-great job getting to the gym!

goinggoal-Hate those explosions with the DH. I hope today is better for you, and the scale is nice.

pumpkin-you're in my prayers.

claura-GREAT JOB!!!

NewDay-I hope you get back to a reasonable routine now that you're back in school. I remember how hard it was in grad school, especially around thesis time. Try to write down a schedule and REALLY make yourself stick to it. Be sure to include sleep also!!!!
Have a great morning ladies.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #14  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Wow, I actually have 2mintues this morning to sit down and post. Heres the story...I go to school all day T and Th from 8am - 8pm...Then I have tons of reading and I also work all day MWF...I seem to never have a moments peace. Then I now have friends coming in from California who are having a horrible time and they are going to stay with us (and their baby) until they find jobs and a place to stay. Its just tons of stress, and my diet isnt going well and thats just more stress....I feel so lost all day and jumbled up inside.
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #15  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

Good Morning Ladies!!!!! That's Right, It's a Good Morning. Cause today is your DAY!!!! Today is a new day to eat right and do your exercises and drink your WATER

Did my morning Walk and my Pilates. Going to start writing my cals down and eating every three hour starting at 8 am untill 8 pm. I reaaly need this one!

Pumpkin~ I really hope all goes well for you and your friends.

ArtsyGirl~ you are a busy Woman.

Trish~ Stay Positive!!! Everyone is different and have differnet results. But we are here for you. You are off to a good start.

C_laura~ You are doing Good. Where do you find info on what your doin?? I wann try.

JasonsLea~ Good for you on going to teh Gym and T.O.M. gone

GoingGal~ Sorry that Happend. At least it is all out now, right Hoep ya'll are better now
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote