Old 06-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #31  

I tend to mostly do the eliptical machine at the gym. I love yoga and my favorite class is kick boxing, but the classes dont fit into my schedule well so I end up on the machines a lot. I like the bike, but I burn calories faster on the eliptical. I try to fit in upper arm toning too, but not to faithful with that.
Family walks are great too, but a little more casual then cardio!

Thanks for asking...how about u?
shanonbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #32  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

Well, I sat down to post comments and everything, but I just got a big project that has to be done by noon, so I've got to make this quick!

Yesterday was good. Food went almost as scheduled, except I forgot my Reese's cups at work, so instead I had some tomatoes, cucumbers, and mozzarella. Not exactly chocolate, but still tasty! Water was good, exercise was 60 minutes on the bike. And I slept in a little this morning--until 6.30--but it was completely by accident! I hit the wrong button when I set my alarm last night, so the radio came on instead of the alarm. Unfortunately, I don't have a radio station set, and it has automatic static mute, so there was no sound at all. Anyway, I still made it to work on time.

Menu for today:
Breakfast: 1 c. coffee w/creamer, 2 c. multi-grain cheerios, 1 c. skim milk, 1 banana
Snack: Grapes
Lunch: 2 sl. ww toast, 2 oz. LF mozzarella, 1 tomato, 100-cal pack popcorn
Snack: LF yogurt
Dinner: 4 oz. peanut butter chicken, 1 c. ww pasta, 1 c. snap peas

My head is pounding today, and I've got lots of work to do. Bah!

I will try to make it back in later for some comments! Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #33  
"workin' on my fitness"

good afternoon, chickies! One more day until the weekend! Yeah!!!!

Last night, plans got shot to poop. When I left work, I stopped at Home Depot near the office, which took about 20 minutes to putter around and see that they didn't have anything worthwhile in the garden center. I called hubby to tell him there was nothing there. He was "heading out" to go to Publix for kitty litter, and other incidentals, so I figured no reason to rush back home, since I've got my list of poop to do, and the whole night to do it. I stopped at the old house to make a pit stop, and not have to squat in the bushes on the highway on the way home. I got home about 5:45, at which point hubby asks me if I am ready to go. Um, go where??? Take a guess. No, seriously....guess. Uh huh- Publix.

And not only Publix. Also another Home Depot. And the Pet Supermarket just across the way. And Target. And Staples, next door to Target. And then a pet store 2 doors down from Staples, where we found the right canned cat food, and a cat scratching post/perch/climbing thingie on sale, and then, hubby surprised me with dinner at PF Changs. So, the evening did not go anywhere near according to plan. And today, despite being weigh in Thursday, I didn't want to face the scales. It says up 1.6 pounds, but I'm sure a lot of that is from the sodium, and the sheer volume of what I ate. Today I have to atone for last night's sins

Breakfast-
2 mint chocolate Zone bars
12oz diet coke
18oz water

Lunch
2 taco rollups- 6" low fat tortillas, 1oz shredded mexican cheese, 1 cup taco meat
1/2 cup swiss miss sugar free choc pudding

Dinner
-NOT chinese food
-behave, and make sure I drink plenty of water to flush out my system, big time

And tonight will be handling all the chores that would have been done last night.

Shanon, way to go on the 2 pound loss. Are the machines that tell you the calorie burn the kind that you input your own height & weight into? Otherwise, they might be understating, or overstating. I read that most of the machines that don't let you set your own statistics usually plug in 130 pounds for the average female. Even at 150 pounds, that would be underestimating what you actually burn. I know I want credit for every possible calorie I work off!

Julie- ok, so 5.25 pounds down- nothing to turn your nose up at. The rest will come off- we will do this!!!! Oooh, sexy thing in the halter top- roar! Hubby may just throw a coat over you!

Elisha- those elusive Reese's cups...hope you get to enjoy them tonight!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #34  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

OK ladies, I posted a huge reply earlier today while I was at my sis's babysitting the little ones, and lost the darn thing somehow. I then gave up, but now I have time to retry.

Jennifer-that is a lot of running around after a full day of work. At least you had a nice dinner with hubby. I hope that you get a more relaxing evening tonight.

elisha-Great control over those p.b. cups. I don't know how you do it!

shannonbug-I love spinning and kickboxing classes at the gym. At home I do lots of turbokick workouts (I went through their certification class to teach solely for the purpose of using the workouts at home by myself-not to teach.) I also walk 4 miles 6 mornings a week and have started running small amounts 2 times a week. I play on 2 softball leagues so I have games 2 nights a week. Other than that I throw in some biking and kayaking whenever I get a chance. I'm pretty much an activity junky. Its kinda funny, but the elliptical machine is the only one I've never been able to do. It makes my ankles hurt something awful. It doesn't make sense to me, but I know it happens so I avoid that machine now. Congrats on your weight loss!!

Well, I started my day out groggy and my ankle throbbing. The grogginess wore off, but the ankle still hurts and is swollen. My cold is definetly now a sinus infection (no dr.s appt. yet, but I'm sure) and I had to take a day off from working out so I can hopefully give my body the rest it needs to recover.

I got a phone call this afternoon. I have to play a funeral on Monday. It is not for the lady I told you about on Monday. It is for a different friend who I thought was recovering, so I am very sad. I really don't know how I will make it through playing his service. I'm not very good at controlling my emotions, and this will be very hard. Then, while I was discussing the funeral with my pastor, I asked about my friend who just got diagnosed, and he doesn't think she'll hang on much longer. Can you believe that, just 2 weeks ago she was at church as chipper as ever and now shes fading so fast. Life really is so short. It makes me feel guilty for not embracing every moment with gusto. Hard to do when you're enveloped in sadness, but I'm going to try.

Have a good night everyone.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #35  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All
sorry I disappeared at eh end of May there sometime. I have a silly reason. I was down like 4 pounds, it stayed that way for 2 days, then I was back up those same 4 pounds the next day. No, it wasn't water because it is still there. I becasme so disappointed that I just quit the whole weight loss thing. But I'm back, and this is my first day back. My WW weeks run form Thurday to Wednesday, so I want ot have one week where I stay within my points so that I know I'll be done and this will then in turn motivate me for the next week. I know I shouldn't have given up, but it's so disheartening. My eercsie goal is substantially less than last month, but I'm jsut stinking tired of wearing the sugli and pushing the stroller, It always looks like a bit of a caravan too. Well, my goal is 600 minutes of walking (30 miles). Average 1 mile per day. I'm at 20 minutes, how pathetic is that. Good thing there are many days to go. It keeps effing raining here and I can't taked my kids out then as they'll probably get sick. My baby has a cold already. Well, I need to change my tickers now.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #36  
A Mom

I'd fix all my typos but don't have time, sorry
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #37  

Two more pounds lost this morning! YEah.
Thanks everyone for saying hello and encouraging me!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #38  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Man, this has been *such* a busy week! And I’m still busy! But it looks like I may get a few free minutes this afternoon, and I’m going out to lunch with Steve, whether they like it or not! Hehe…

OK, so I’ve been doing pretty well all week. Haven’t weighed since Tuesday (or was it Monday? I don’t remember!), and I still have not eaten the Reese’s cups. They’re still sitting in my desk drawer. I did have a White Russian last night with some friends to make up for those lost calories though. Hey, it was skim milk, and at least it had some calcium, right?

Today’s menu is still mostly unplanned though—can you believe that? Breakfast was a mashed potato sandwich, going out to lunch (don’t know where yet), and dinner is yet to be decided. I’ll probably cook something tonight. It depends on what I end up getting for lunch, and whether Steve is still awake when I get home, so we’ll see.

Good news… my boss is going on vacation starting today at noon, and she’ll be gone all next week! Yay! As an added bonus, she’s in a really good mood today.

Today is payday for me, and this is the single largest paycheck I have ever received (overtime from my trip to NJ). Of course, our mortgage is due and Steve doesn’t get paid until next week, and he couldn’t manage to plan for it, so I’m stuck with the majority of that bill. *sigh* Hopefully I will find room in my budget for something fun though. I’m thinking of ordering some Bare Escentuals makeup… I’ve been wanting to try it, and there’s no time like the present, right?

Groceries, car payment, credit card payment, gas, some stuff for the yard… money’s gone. Eh, well, you can’t take it with you, so what difference does it make?

I’m in a good mood today for some completely unapparent reason. I guess just because it’s payday and it’s Friday. Who needs more reasons than that?

OK, I’ve got to get back to work. I promise I’ll make it in to comment at some point in the near future! I hope you’re all having a wonderful day!
~Elisha
Old 06-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #39  
A Mom

Talking Good Morning

Good Morning Everyone,

Shanonbug, that's fantastic 2 pounds is a lot if you measure it in butter! I'm always amazed when I think about it that way.

Elisha, wow, if I had those Reese's in the house they'd be gone by the time I'm done posting this. No will power when it comes to that, so I just don't buy them. What on earth is a mashed potato sandwich. i'm not sure if that sounds good. Good news regarding your boss. I don't know where the money goes in our house, but it comes and goes pretty quick. I need to go to the bank to deposit my DH's paycheck. I just hate banking with kids, as there are always long line ups. Actually it's the parking I hate, it's just on a street downtown. I'm considering switching banks for that exact reason.

Well, I had a good day yesterday. I stayed within my points!!! Couldn't be happier, if I can do it for a day, I bet I can do it for a week and get some results from it. I've gotten out quilting stuff as I can't eat and quilt I need to get some done anyway. I didn't go for a walk as it's still raining. I feel like I live on the coast or something. Yuck.

Uh oh babies crying gotta get off my butt now
Old 06-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #40  

Today we went to chinese with another couple and their kids because they are moving away and it was sort of a good bye thingy. WELL I just cant say no to the crab rangoons and we kept talking and talking and I kept munching. I hate that! So hopefully tomorrow the scale wont jump up. I was tired at the gym so I didnt work out as hard. I didnt eat much tonight at all so hopefully that will help. I really want to make this goal!
Thanks again everyone for being so nice!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #41  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

What a weekend! I think I need another day or two to rest up!

The weekend was good, we got a lot done, but my diet and exercise could have gone better. Not terrible, but not great either. At least water was ok. And I still haven’t weighed! Tomorrow morning I will be allowed to get back on the scale and then we will know if my week away from it has done me any good!

Saturday we went to my parents to pick up a few things, among them a coupon for a $20 gift card if we registered at Target, so we went to do that Saturday afternoon. We also went and bought our wedding bands. When Steve bought my engagement ring they gave him coupons, for every $200 he spends he gets $100 off, and they were expiring this week. We thought we had 6 coupons. I picked out a ¼ carat diamond channel (figuring my solitaire was ¾, with another ¼ I’d have a full carat), but then Steve picked out a band with ½ carat diamond channel, and told me to get the ½ carat to match. No problem. Then we go to ring them up and they tell us we have not 6 but 9 coupons. So Steve tells me to get the full carat band. Geez… twist my arm, why don’t you?

I’m going to be the sparkliest girl on the block.

Then we went grocery shopping, planning to spend around $30 on produce and that’s about it. We picked out a couple new, “fancy” things to try, thinking that we were only getting a few things so we could indulge a little. Yeah, that worked. We ended up spending around $110 on random stuff. Fortunately, it was all fairly healthy stuff, so I don’t feel bad about it.

Then yesterday was spent cleaning the house. There’s still more work to be done though, of course, of course. I’m hoping to plant my tomato plants tonight, but we’ll have to wait and see about that. Part of me just wants to go home and go straight to bed. I didn’t sleep very well this weekend. *sigh*

Anyway, I’ve got to go to a meeting, then I need to get to work. Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 06-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #42  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Is it Friday yet????

LOL!!!!

Goodness! It's been a week and it's only MONDAY!!! Today I spent several hours writing my Plan of Correction for the 15 page (yes, I said 15 page) citation issued by the federal inspectors who were in our building a few weeks back! Yucky! Activities is much more than what you might think! They want you to actually KNOW EACH resident, write about them and then tell everyone who works there what you know and how to help them! It's quite an undertaking! My individualized care plans have been lacking in some areas...soooooo....I've got my work cut out for me!!! It's not that I don't like my job, it's just, well....let's not get into that right now!

OK...onto other things...like this past weekend. Camping...again! I don't think I have gained any weight, but I'm pretty sure I didn't lose any over the weekend. I'll find out tomorrow night! I weigh in. I'm hoping for at least ONE measly pound! I've tried to incorporate fruits and veggies into each meal over the weekend, but it didn't happen! I did drink...uh, er...maybe not WATER all the time, but I did drink!!

I took a few walks, but they weren't anything aerobic. But it was nice to be in the sunshine and fresh air (cold air) all weekend. Even got some sunburn on my nose! Ouch! I'm thinking that not counting my points all week has been a drawback for me and not being accountable...what d'ya think??? LOL!!! Gotta be accountable with those points!

Elisha...hope your not weighing was worth it for you! I know how you missed the scale!

Shannonbug...Welcome (sorry it took so long) and you are doing awesome!

Dewcan...Glad to see you back. Maybe this is the week that BOTH of us can get it together! Want to?

Brandy...So sorry about your losses. And I hope you start to feel better real soon.

Jennifer...I'm thinking you are probably under water about now! Yikes! Hope you stay somewhat dry and had a good weekend! Miss you!

Gotta go get little one tucked into bed! She's been dirt bike riding today and I'm sure is beat!
Here's a picture of her riding today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0011reduced.JPG (42.9 KB, 8 views)
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:16 AM   #43  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Today is shaping up to be one incredibly busy day! Oy! One of our consultants just came in a commandeered BOTH of our graphic designer and BOTH of our editors, which means that I’m going to have to pick up the slack for BOTH of those roles today. Did anyone mention that I am neither a graphic designer nor an editor? Yeah, I can do a little of both, but I typically end up asking so many questions that it would be quicker for them to do it themselves. *sigh*

What fun. And that’s on top of all the other crap I have to do, which is a LOT right now.

So anyway, yesterday was fine. Calories came in a little high, around 1750 I think, but I’m not too bent out of shape over it. Water was decent, but not great either, only around 72 oz. No exercise, as I was trying to get other stuff done, but still didn’t.

I got to weigh this morning. I *gained* 0.2 pounds. Eh. At least it wasn’t worse. But that’s why I like weighing daily—I know where I’m at. I really don’t get too depressed about it on a daily basis, even though I may sound like it in my posts. I tend to exaggerate. The thing is, if I’m up a little one day, I generally know why, and I know what I have to do to fix it. But if I’m not weighing, it’s so much easier to just continue fooling myself. So that’s settled, no more time away from the scale for me!

Menu for today:

Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/FF hazelnut creamer, 2 sl. ww toast, spray Smart Balance, ½ c. egg beaters w/onions, ¼ c. LF shredded cheese
Lunch: 1 hamburger bun w/3 oz. turkey sloppy joe, 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 oz. LF mozzarella,
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Don’t know yet. Lots to choose from though, so I’ll figure something out.

I sat down and made out a To Do list this morning. Haven’t done that in a few day, but when I do it’s usually helpful. On my list today:
Wash dishes
Sort laundry (wash a load if there is enough)
Put away clean laundry
Water plants
Order wedding invitations
Walk the dog for at least 30 minutes
Repaint fingernails
Dig up ground for garden

I don’t think I’ll get all of that done, and I think there’s something I’m forgetting, but I’m going to try to get at least that stuff done in the next day or two. My mom informs me that I can’t plant my tomato plants until the 26th or 27th, so I guess I won’t worry about that just yet.

OK, lots to do, so I’d better get going. Have a good one, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 06-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #44  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chicklettes! Wow, looks like I took a 5 day weekend there We had an impromptu meeting on Friday, and yesterday I did 2 closings in the office, and today, did training from 9-11, and a closing from 11-12:30 with a lovely older couple who have been married for what seems like 100 years. And they bickered like cats & dogs the whole time. I have a headache!

Food this weekend was okay, and water was okay. We did some running around, so at least I have some exercise in over the weekend. I did get the small guest room off of hubby's office done- he helped get the heavy mattress moved into place, I moved the white wood furniture, and made up the bed, did the lamps, etc. I do want to add curtains or valances, so I'll work on getting the rods that I want, and then ask my dad to come help us install them for another long weekend.

In about 4 weeks, we'll have the living room couch, love seat and chair delivered, so that room is done except for tables, lamps, and curtains. We already have a nice area rug in there, which will be staying. Hubby's office is basically done (again, just window treatment & filing the rest of his stuff away) and the guest suite my parents have stayed in, as well as the master bedroom. That leaves the den area (my hideaway), the family room, and the dining room. And going thru the rest of the boxes. For the next year, it feels like.

We got a lot of rain, and some stiff wind from Alberto. 9 days into hurricane season, and we're already being affected. I definitely don't like this! I'm leaving plenty of time for travel, but with the roads a mess in the weather, I'm concerned about the other idiots who didn't leave in enough time, and are now in DeathRace 2006.

All right....comments later if I can kick hubby off of his computer.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #45  
A Mom

Elisha, I'm jealous of the rings. I had a plain gold band and lost it in our move. So now I'm down to zippo for wedding rings, makes me a bit sad. I like your "to do" list, mine is always 3 miles long and there is no hope for me to do it. And then of course, it's depressing.

Julie, not jealous of your job at all!!! How old is your little one, doesn't look too small on the pic. I'm totally up for having a good week with you! I'll have to go back and count my points for today.

Jennifer , what's Deathrace. I'm glad there are no such things as hurricanes where I live. So what if it's cold in the winter. I'm thinking of going to Florida, when is a good time of year to go? We need to finish setting up house, with having the baby, I haven't had time,

speaking of baby he's screaming, I guess he's awake now.

Last edited by DewCan; 06-13-2006 at 06:37 PM.