3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   53 pounds by July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/74427-53-pounds-july.html)

SherryA 01-27-2006 09:29 PM

53 pounds by July

Hi guys. I know it is a weird number. Why 53, not 50 or 55? I guess because I woke up weighing 252 this morning and 53 pounds will put me just under the 200 mark. Why July? I have a meeting with my family then, and I want to be thinner than I've ever been around them (they live a few hundred miles away) for years anyway.

My plan? I'm going to set very small goals no more than 3 or 4 pounds at a time. I'm going to work toward meeting those little bitty goals and as I reach each one I'm going to feel like I accomplished something WONDERFUL and then I'm going to set a new goal. Every little success will spur me on to do a new challenge, meet a new goal and reach it.

For January I've already set 4 goals. 3 of which I've reached. To be honest I don't believe anyone can lose 50 pounds. I've done it and I just don't believe it is possible! Why? because looking forward at 50 pounds is discouraging. Looking back at it isn't hard. So baby baby steps. 3 or 4 pounds at a time and NO more than that.

But, say we set a 3 pound goal. Reach it by the time a week and a half has gone by, then set another 3 pound goal. Reach it in about the same amount of time. Set a 4 pound goal and reach that in another week and a half. By the time February is over that is 10 pounds. If we keep doing that, we can have the 50 or so pounds off by July.

I'm following Atkins, and I know fat comes off fast on this diet. What plan others are following is up to you, but I also plan to exercise aerobicly at least every day or two. Sometimes every day, sometimes twice a day. Aerobics burns fat. Weight lifting builds muscle which is good, but it isn't easy to lose actual weight while lifting. You tend to build heavier muscle (which looks pretty good, but doesn't help in the weight loss and what I'm after now is weight loss). So I probably won't be lifting for awhile.

Anyone want to join me?

Healthy 01-27-2006 10:21 PM

SherryA, let's do it!!!!!!! I need an accountability partner and you sound like that person :). I have quite a lot of weight to lose and need a lifestyle change in order to shed the pounds and keep them off forever. I've not decided upon a plan, but it will be low carb plus exercising at least 3 days a week.

I'm excited about this challenge.

ApplBride 01-27-2006 10:46 PM

Hi Sherry

Hi Sherry.
Sounds like you have the same goals as I do...but I just don't think that Atkins is the plan for me. I have my wedding in August and I want 46 pounds.
I want to be the pretty bride. You are strong to do the Atkins diet - good for you! Sounds like you are doing really well. If you need someone to email, you can drop me a note. I am always looking for someone to drop a line to when I am hungry..ha. Starting weight..approx 216..I will weigh in tomorrow...ha.
Good luck!
-Christine

SherryA 01-27-2006 11:13 PM

Oh good. I'm so happy to have some people join me. Let's call it a 4/3/3 plan. My next goal is 248 which is 4 pounds from now. And I know I can do that! Every 4/3/3 we lose is another 10 pounds!

Healthy 01-28-2006 01:01 PM

Since I'm fairly new at this online support...can you tell me the "rules"? Do we just post weekly when we meet our goal (notice that I'm thinking positive and believing that we will be successful)? :)

SherryA 01-28-2006 04:03 PM

I think that works. If you weigh in weekly then post when you meet your first goal. Are we all going for 4 pounds for the first one? (I am). If you weigh every day, you can post when you get the first pound lost or second or whatever. When you get to your first 4 pound goal we'll put some stars around it and celebrate!

You can also go to the User CP link at the top of the page and create a 4/3/3 goal bar for use in your signature. That way we can see your progress as you go. This site has a neat way of letting us see how close we are to our next goal. Too, when we get to that goal we can change it and set the next one.

I think the important thing is to check in often for support and encouragement. Some people like to post what they've eaten for the day, or what exercise they have done, or what successes they have had by losing inches or by resisting a temptation they REALLY wanted to succumb to...

Whatever works best for you to find yourself encouraged works for me.

ApplBride 01-28-2006 04:08 PM

Do you want to start a new thread? 4/3/3?
Count me in.

SherryA 01-28-2006 06:29 PM

Sure, if it will help!

Healthy 01-28-2006 07:00 PM

This is just a test to see if my ticker will show.......Yeah it's showing :).

SherryA 01-29-2006 08:18 AM

Hi Healthy, Yes it works and is showing... but you know what? I think it would be more encouraging to you if you only showed your first goal (4 pounds or 3). That way when you hit that baby step goal it says "Congratulations you made your goal!" (instead of 53 pound! which looks so overwhelming!)

Then as each small goal is reached, you can change the number in your signature to reflect the new goal.

Or if you like you can keep this one and make a new one that only shows the baby step goal. My suggestion only. I can't look at 53 pounds all at once. It doesn't motivate me at all. 3 pounds or 4 pounds motivates me, because I know I can do it. And I know I can do it fairly soon and then celebrate my success for having done it! I can rejoice, I can jump up and down (mentally at least) because HEY look what I did! ya know?

HappyWife 01-29-2006 10:24 AM

I'm in!

I have been losing an average of 2lbs/week, so this is doable. We, too, have a family gathering in July...and a reunion where I will be seeing family that I haven't seen in years.

Healthy 01-29-2006 08:18 PM

Good idea Sherry!

Healthy 01-29-2006 11:09 PM

Just another test...

SherryA 01-30-2006 12:46 AM

Looks like you fixed it! (scroll up to see).

SherryA 01-30-2006 03:11 PM

Well my first pound and a half is gone!