Old 01-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #46  

Hi. oh boy.. i have been doing awful. i really dont feel as if i have really started this thing yet. I hate to admit that. I cant get motivated enough. I have never been like this. I cant stand the weigh i look you think that would motivation enough. I will be weighing in tomorrow so I am going to try my very hardest starting tomorrow. I guess i am just going to watch what i eat low fat kinda thing. I dont think low carb will work for me i think it will be really difficult. I probably would lose weight though because i wouldnt be eating and i know that is not healthy. so wish me luck..join us in the 10lb challange thread, we weigh in on fridays. good luck everyone!
Christian4HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #47  

Lightbulb

Hello All

Grrrr.....I broke the 8pm rule AGAIN last night. It was only 2 cookies but still! I wonder if maybe my calories are a tad low (1000-1200) and that is why my body tells me to eat more......or maybe that is just an imaginative excuse on my part?

LovingMommy..... So glad you have joined us!

Julie.....Zounds! The food, toning, and water all came together for you! I knew it would! How is your foot feeling nowadays....is it giving you any more problems?

Betani.....Library laps is such a great idea! Just getting out at lunch and moving is good physically.....not to mention the mental break too!

Joy.....I laughed so hard trying to picture your 'pee pee dance'! That water sure works wonders, doesn't it?

Becky..... It is great to have you here! It seems like I am starting over at square one for the umpteenth time.....but somehow I feel this time is going to be different.

Elisha......Pack those walking shoes when you leave for work and change into them for a lunchtime walk! A little fresh air will clear your thoughts.....and leave less time for eating!

Jessica......It is great having you back! You maintained over the holidays and wear a size 12?!! You are incredible!

Jennifer.....congratulations on the raise! It is so nice to know they appreciate your efforts! When are you moving into your house?

Christian4Him......Taking that first step is always the hardest! Start with just one thing.....something that may be easy for you.....and concentrate on that change for a few days before you add something else. I know you can do it!

Calories today were only 1000.....water was over 60-oz.....and I have already done 30 minues WATP. wow! i really feel like I have accomplished something today!
Did I hear somebody say exercise challenge? Commit to whatever minutes you want.....and keep track of your own minutes......and we can start Monday!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #48  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi ! Just wanted to take a minute to check in. I love to comment, but I don't have time tonight..darn!! I have had a fun evening shopping with a friend..boy did I find some DEALS!! Woohoo!!!! I am tired, and I am going to hop on the bike anyway. I took yesterday as a rest day. I'm not sore any longer, thank goodness! Tomorrow morning, we are getting up really early as a family, and going to breakfast before school/work. The kids are excited. But, that awful alarm clock will be going off at 6:00..so this girl has got to get in the bed pretty soon!!! I read all the posts, and I want to say how proud I am of everyone!! WTG!!! I had a good eating day today, and a very busy day..whew I cleaned house like a whirlwind!! LOL!!

Well, just wanted to check in and let you all know I am thinking of you, and rooting for you! Have a good evening and a terrific Friday!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #49  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Thursday

I am going to try to remember to copy this before I send it today!

OK...late night last night, so I am going to post and go to bed!

Work was a bit better today, although my office partner is still a b***h!!! I really wanted to smack her today but instead I just punished myself by eating TWO pieces of chocolate that are still sitting 2 feet away from my desk! If they are there tomorrow, I am going to throw them in the trash as soon as I get into work (before she gets in!) That was not the only "treat I ate today either"...I had two small tootsie rolls at Bingo (for those of you who do not know me, I am an activity director in a nursing home)

So, I really need to total up my calories here!

2 squares chocolates 120 cal
Latte- 150 cal.
No breakfast
Lunch: leftover chicken & rice slow cooker dish (around 300 cal.) SF jello (salad 25 cal)
Supper: Logans Anything & Everthing salad minus tomatoes & walnuts with honey mustard dressing. (My guess is around 600 calories total) with water...oh and a roll with a tsp. butter (probably 200 calories) and WATER to drink!

Total calories around 1400...so not bad!

I also got on the scale today. Remember that "challenge" at work that I joined back in the fall??? Well today was the official weigh in day! I gained ONE pound since the beginning of that, but I'm sure it would have been more had I weighed in on Monday! Phew! So my weight today was 177.75 and that was with PMS bloating...so I'm quite happy with myself to date!

As far as exercise goes...I didn't get any intoday! Sorry gang to disappoint you. Some days my life doesn't allow it. I got up late (up late last night) rushed to get DD to school, headed to work, worked til 4:30, rushed home to meet DD & DH for Logan's, then off to take DD to a skating thing for Brownies...then home, put DD to bed and here I am! I'm bushed!

Comments for all...sorry about yesterday, but I will copy this one tonight...I promise!

Christian4HIM....Welcome! It's great to have a new face! You will find the inspiration and motivation you need here with this group. This is a wonderful bunch of chickies!

TBJ...I love that you have teamed up with Darth Vader! You rock, girl! Go with that jujitsu!!! And that handstand will come with time!

Jennifer...well at least you took time to eat lunch today, which I did NOT yesterday! Good for you...have I mentioned I'm glad you are back with us?

StarAngel...Good for you on that clothing size reduction! Sometimes the weight has to "shift" around in our bodies in order for those clothes to fit just right...maybe toning and working hard has helped you!

Elisha...Sounds like you have the food down to a science now! Stop obsessing about the weight...it's just a blip! It will be back down again tomorrow...I promise! You are doing it girl! (I've lost 2 lbs since Tuesday even with TOM)

Becky...Welcome! We'd love to hear a little more about yourself and your goals. This is a great group of chickies!

Joy...DH has the same "24" addiction! He has gotten all the DVD's from the last however many seasons and recorded them on DVD...and watched them all like a Marathon...AND he DVR's them...every show...just in case he might miss one! OMG!!! I think you share the same addiction! LOL! And yes...the bike is on my schedule for tomorrow...along with NO treats (read above)!

Betani...still...you are making progress...making changes! Atta girl! Keep at it! You are doing a great job!

LovingMommy...Welcome to you too! It's nice to have you with us. Just ask away and you will get lots of responses! This is a great group!

I'm going to go to bed!
Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #50  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Side Note

I've discovered that if you log in on the big screen at the center of the page, 3FC doesn't "time you out"! But I still copied my message...just in case!

That's all...have a good night!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #51  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Oy!

Lousy day.

Major stress out day.

3 slices of extra large pizza day.

Yesterday at work we ran a little process to renew the standing orders the library gets for the new year, so we can invoice and receive them without creating a whole new purchase order. We ran the renewal process, corrected a few problems, and everything seemed hunky dory. That was yesterday.

Today, after day end processing had been run, things started to randomly fall apart. It will take months to catch all the errors the renewal process caused. We will have to go through well over a thousand items one by one, and there are several errors in each copy of each title! The programmers of this system have a lot to answer for!

Anyway, the pizza was the worst of my eating today. I just had 1/4 of a cantaloupe for my last snack at 8pm. Breakfast was oatmeal, orange juice, tea, water, and a fiber shake, lunch was soup and a low fat cheese stick, snacks were mostly fruit, but also a bowl of Kashi and some baked tostitos and salsa.

No exercise today. I really really really need to make sure I get back on track tomorrow, or I might have to give back the one star I earned 2 days ago!

Christian4HIM-- Don't give up, just take it slow and easy! Babysteps, chickie!

TBJ-- LOL@vader! Jujitsu sounds so cool. Though I do get this image in my head of an old Monty Python sketch. I keep hearing Eric Idle asking "What if they have pointed sticks?"

Jennifer-- The house looks great! Congrats on the raise!

Jessica-- Welcome back! We missed ya! Fantastic job with the size drop!

Elisha-- I'm with you on the need more sleep thing. This morning was a doozy of an oversleep.

Becky-- Welcome! You'll find lots of great support here.

Joy-- Great job with keeping the food curfew! I'm proud of you for only eating half the fries. I would have finished mine and started on DH's. Trigger food, ya'know.

Julie-- Would covering up the chocolates help? Out of sight out of mind? Your calorie count is still impressive.

MsRD-- 1000 calories is kinda low. It's more important to get enough to eat in a day than to keep curfew. Your body really is letting you know that.

Lisa-- Way to go, exercising even when you didn't feel like it! Your body is all the better for it!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in ... we've finished the first three season 2 24 discs .... so tomorrow night is a night off ... but I have a "Weekender" party to go to. Probably can look forward to the end of season 2 on the weekend.

Wanted to let you all know that I'm committing to 300 minutes of exercise next week. That's 60 minutes a day for five days during the week, which will be my focus for next week (along with the not eating after 8pm). That's my challenge... who else is in?

goodnight.
Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #53  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Jessica: Good to see you back! We haven’t officially picked a date yet, but seeing as how I’ve learned that I know someone getting married *every single weekend* in September this year, it’ll probably be some other time. Steve agreed to come to a decision with me this weekend. As for the house, we’ve found a new one and got it under contract, this one on East side, on Maryland Ave, only about a block from the Subway. I actually like this one better. I’ve got some pictures I hope to post sometime today, and I’ll post the link when I get them up.

MsRD: If I keep my calories that low, I’m always hungry in the evening. I need more food than that! Your body could be telling you to eat more, it’s perfectly reasonable. And my rule is, “If my stomach is growling, I’m allowed to eat.” No matter what my current intake level, no matter what time. If I’m actually physically hungry, I can eat something. My motto: Listen to your body; it knows what it needs. Our bodies WANT to be healthy. Honest they do. OK, so maybe not our taste buds, but if we’re eating tasty but unhealthy junk all the time, sooner or later we’ll get sick of it and start craving something healthy. Really.

OK… so I got my ring back last night. Wasn’t expecting it, so it was a pleasant surprise. I think they do that on purpose, tell you it will be back on Saturday when it will actually be there Thursday, so then it’s a big deal and everyone’s happy. Better than telling you it will be there Thursday and not actually getting it until Saturday.

I’m building a cheesy wedding blog, well, I got it basically set up yesterday. I have some pictures of my ring that I’ll post today, and I’ll come back and give you the link when I’ve got it up and running.

I’ll do the same with my house. I’m going to put up a separate photo album for that, but I seriously doubt I’ll do a house blog. At least, not until we get into remodeling projects, at which case I might post a blog with the pictures, just because I’m a big dork.

Well, diet. Hmm… I said I wanted to up my calories a bit yesterday, and I sure did. My best friend called me and needed some emotional support (she’s one of those melodramatic types where every little thing is a major event and she’s stressed all the time—but she’s very amusing about it, and even lighthearted, if that makes any sense, so I don’t really mind) and offered to buy me dinner. Now, she’s also my skinny, pretty, buxom friend—you know, the one who can eat whatever she wants and never gain an ounce. So she bought me Long John Silvers. Have you ever noticed that there is *nothing* healthy to eat at LJS? (Shrimp don’t count, because I don’t eat them. Bleck!) And then as the evening rolled on, I had missed my exercise session, and I cut things off so I could get home around 9. As it turned out, I got home around 8 (I really need to learn to tell time!). So I got in 45 minutes on the elliptical, and that is a good thing. Calories ended up coming in around 1789 yesterday, and I got in 116 oz. of water, so it wasn’t too bad.

Today, however, I feel is going to be a bad day. My weight is back up to 217.4, which is where I started on Monday (but I know it’s from ToM and all the salt and grease last night), I had a rather unhealthy potato sandwich for breakfast, and I’ve got a wicked craving for a big greasy, cheesy pizza.

But, I will not give in. At least not today. Perhaps I will work in some frozen pizza over the weekend.

Tonight the same best friend and I are going to the local bridal shop to play dress up. (We have a good friend that works there, so it’s all good.) I’m going to try on a few different styles to see what looks good on me.

We will also be eating out tonight. I will get either a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich, depending on where we go. I need to have a talk with her tonight about supporting me in my weight loss efforts.

Lunch will be good though.

Today is my scheduled day off from exercise, which is a good thing, since I’ll be at the bridal shop for a while, then running around town showing all of my friends my shiny new ring.

And my minutes goal for our exercise challenge is 285 minutes. When do we start?

OK, I have some work I have to get done this morning, and then I’ll post pictures and give you the link the afternoon. Have a good day, chicks!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #54  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Default Links

OK, so here's the link to pictures of my ring, and also a few pictures of dresses I like. The ring pictures are of poor quality, but you get the idea. The camera had a hard time focusing on the ring, which probably means I'm not using the right setting. I'll figure out the camera eventually.

http://misselishab.tripod.com/wedding_related/

And here's a link to the very generic wedding blog I set up. Not much there yet, as there's not much going on yet. But I'll get to it.

http://misselishab.tripod.com/wedding/

And then there's my personal blog, which is very rarely updated. Weight loss stuff. When I get some more progress photos taken I intend to have those posted there, and the blog generally focuses on weight loss. Also, when I figure out how, I'll add in my tracking sheets and charts and so forth.

http://misselishab.tripod.com/blog/

I haven't done the house pics yet, but I'll probably post those later.

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #55  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies! Happy Friday! I think I might be climbing to the top of the pile of "crap" dumped onto my desk earlier this week with what I am now calling the Great Exodus. Down to just a few more issues to make heads or tails of, and by early next week, I should have things under control, and a lot less stress. Today was a Zone bar for breakfast with diet coke, and a lean cheeseburger for lunch. I nuked the sucker to get as much fat out of it as possible, then dried the sucker off. Again, just making the best choices available, and not throwing my hands in the air and saying to heck with it.

I'll be missing tonight, and tomorrow, since we're going up to the new house to do some more cleaning/preparing/ hanging of blinds, cleaning of tiles and bathrooms. I'll be back on Sunday (at least back to internet connection) so everyone, have a great weekend, and eat right, and exercise....
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #56  

Hi again! a little more about me. Im currently living in Japan with my husband and dog, Shadow. I'm a preschool teacher so i basically am exhauted when i get home but need to change that urge to nap into the urge to go to the gym. I will say this week i have a had a lot more enery! I began Atkins on Tuesday and so far things are going well. Im trying to stay low carb, drink tons of water and hit the gym. My dog always nudges me out the door for a walk so that is a good thing!!

Im going on a cruise in Feb. and my sister is getting married this summer so there is a lot to look forward too and many reasons to look good. Support is what I need and I really need a place to post goals for myself so i think this will be great. hope to get to know you all better!

becky
thincruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #57  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Just checking in to say that yesterday was a green day. Today's food is all planned out -- planning everything really works. Who'da thunkit?
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #58  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I was just sitting down to write this post, when it occurred to me that I didn't walk yet tonight. Instead of reminding myself to do it after I logged off, I got right up from the chair, grabbed my coat and walked out the door. 30 minutes later, I'm glad I did it.

As long as I don't go of schedule with my snack tonight, I may just get a star today. I also did my library laps at lunch for 15 minutes, and eating has been on schedule so far with few questionable foods. As long as I don't screw up tonight, I'll put a shiny blue star on the calander.

Motivation was somewhat hard to come by today, as I had to document lots and lots of problems dealing with the Vendor From **** today. Pretend you sold books to libraries. Now, I order a book from you, and for whatever reason (out of stock, out of print, whatever), you turned around and had to cancel it. If a copy turned up months later, would you send it and bill me anyway, after you told me it had been cancelled and we removed the record from our system and released the money back to the branch that wanted it? I didn't think so. I now have a filing cabinet to store documentation of this happening all over the place, even after repeated complaints from us telling them to stop it. It's all I can do to keep my cool sometimes. It's enough to drive a person to cookies!

TBJ-- Huzzah for green days! Planning does make an incredible difference. I'm amazed at how well my meal/snack scheduling had been doing.

Becky-- Sounds like things are starting out well for you. Glad to have you with us! Where will you be cruising?

Jennifer-- I've heard the view from the top of Mt. Crap is spectacular Glad you're getting through it all.

Elisha-- There is ONE healthy item at LJS, and I'm not even sure if all restaurants have it. The baked cod dinner is good for you, as long as you don't eat the cole slaw and pups. Other than that, yeah. LJS is trans fat central.

Joy-- DH and I had a "Lost" marathon when that came out on DVD. The entire season in one weekend. Definate overdose!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #59  

Hello All!

I went to the doctors this afternoon.....and weighed in 2 pounds LESS than last week! WOOHOO! I am on the way......

Lisa....You sounds like one busy lady! Shopping is more fun when you can find bargains! A friend and I love to do the outlet malls.....and we are waaayyy overdue for a trip!

Julie....Losing posts is so frustrating! I generally come in here, read all the messages, and then logon and post......and even then I do the copy/paste thing before I hit the button!

Betani.....Sorry about the stressful day. your system sounds like it is creating more problems and solving them.....guess that would drive anyone to pizza!

Joy.....300 minutes exercise! Wow! What kinda of exercise do you do......aerobic, cardio, combination?

Elisha.....Wedding dress shopping is going to be such fun! I'm sure your friend doesn't realize how difficult this weight management can be.....and I am sure she will be glad to help you, if you only tell her how!

Jennifer.....You have really accomplished a lot just in cleaning off your desk! Even though it was a lot of work, it will be less stress for you in the long run.

Becky.....You said you were 'currently' living in Japan......which makes it sounds like you have lived other places as well? Are you originally from Japan....or living there for a short while? When I come home tired or stressed, I find the best thing is to get some exercise.....gets the blood pumping and actually makes me feel better!

My office mate treated us all to muffins this morning.....those oversized blueberry muffins from the bakery. It was delicious.....but blew a hole in my calories today. I tallied it up and it came to 1500! BUT, with those added calories, I really don't feel hungry tonight, so that proves I was cutting back too far and will make some adjustments next week.
Have a great weekend!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hey everybody

I'm exhausted tonight... cancelled from the Weekender party. My daughter's gas got turned off today.... she's depressed ... I'm depressed cuz I can't really help her... DH is making her wait and see... I guess I'm stressed and sad. Had a nanaimo bar and a smirnoff ice cooler... but they really didn't make me feel better. I'm determined not to eat after 8pm tho.

Exercise was a no-go today.... I better get that motivation up for next week. I'm not going to make it look like I bit off more than I could chew ... I'm going to do it.

Anyways, enough for tonight,

I'll be back to comment tomorrow.

Hugs,
Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote