Old 08-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #16  

Cool Join the 12 Week Challenge

Hi there: I would like to join the challenge, but can't see how to do this, (new to 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet).
Aunty EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #17  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Aunty Em, you've joined the Challenge just by posting your message! All you have to do is participate on this message board and play along (i.e. eat healthy, exercise, etc). Take your measurements (and post them if you'd like), work the steps with the rest of us, and we'll see where we end up in 12 weeks.

It's good to have you! The more the merrier! Welcome to 3FC!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #18  

I, Eva, do hereby commit myself to making healthful changes in my body during the next 12 weeks and beyond. I am undertaking this adventure in order to lose weight, decrease my body fat, strengthen and tone my muscles, make my body stronger and healthier, and make my life longer and fuller. I will follow the 12-week plan, and I will incorporate other healthy strategies as well. I will eat right, I will exercise, and I will drink plenty of water. There will be times when I slip, but I will get right back on track. I will not allow minor setbacks to deter me. I will accomplish my goals.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:36 PM   #19  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default My Pledge!

I, Julie, do hereby commit myself to continue making healthful changes in my body during the next 12 weeks and beyond. I am continuing this adventure in order to lose weight, decrease my body fat, strengthen and tone my muscles, make my body stronger and healthier, and make my life longer and fuller. I will follow the 12-week plan, and I will incorporate other healthy strategies as well. I will eat right, I will exercise, and I will drink plenty of water. There will be times when I slip, but I will get right back on track. I will not allow minor setbacks to deter me. I will accomplish my goals.
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:41 PM   #20  
motomom

Default Quick Check IN

I have just a minute...been flying all day!

I posted my pledge but did tweak it a bit (gotta be different). I have never stopped this journey since I started almost 2 years ago, but I have certainly falled down...a LOT!!!! So that's why I changed some of the wording to "continue" etc.

After reading the steps that you posted, Joy, I realized that I should start today...even through my vacation!!! I KNOW I will be burning off more than 300 calories per day even if I don't hike! And I will be mindful of eating healthy foodsl

I will try to journal my food and my feelings. I don't really have any way of planning my meals when we are at the lodge, but I can certainly make healthy choices when we are on the road!

Thank you for starting this. I really feel invigorated by this and I sure plan to make this a successful 12 weeks!

Hugs to all of you!
Old 08-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #21  
motomom

Default I'm Back...

for just a minute!

I had a moment to read the aforementioned diet Plan on line and one of the weeks (week 10, I think) was about staying healthy during vacations, so I am going to pick that week to start my challenge, but I will aslo consider some of the other things in the challenge. I know what healthy eating is, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I mean, it's all about choices, really, isn't it? Making the wisest choice for myself! Trying to avoid icecream and alcohol. The latter shouldn't be too difficult since the camp is church oriented! But they are big on ice cream after a hike, so....that might just be a challenge! Drinking water will be good! I will be drinking plenty of it!

If I don't hike, I will be assisting the "cook" and helping her with shopping, so maybe I can throw in a "healthful" suggestion or two! If I do hike, I will be burning off plenty of calories!!! And I plan to walk anyway, even if I don't hike! That's just part of the deal with myself during this trip! I can read and relax, but I MUST walk at least 2 miles a day!

I am pretty much packed and ready to go (aside from the few unmentionables and a few assorted items I still need to purchase! I finished one major project tonight and will have another meeting on Wednesday at church. Tomorrow I will be in Grand Rapids for the big Motivational Seminar! Thursday is going to be "crunch day" to get all the last minute stuff done at work and Friday I am going to try to cut out early so I can finish all that last minute laundry at home!!!! My sister flies in on Friday night and we leave early Saturday morning. We are staying in Niagara Falls, NY Sat nite and will get to camp on Sunday afternoon! I am soooo excited! CAn't wait!

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes during my most stressful two-three months recently! I appreciate your patience with me and all the kind words you sent to me! It has been difficult not being able to train like I wanted to, but everything works out in the end...even if I can't hike a mountain this time!!! There's always NEXT year!!!!

I'll be checking in tomorrow with my measurements and to let you know about my "fitness" for the day! Maybe I can get a mile or two in with Joy and Leslie! Guess I can always try! 4:30 comes awfully early, joy!!!!

Hugs to all!
Old 08-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Thumbs up

Evening...

I thought I would share a little inspiration. Today I recycled/reused/re-invented a WW journal from a couple of years ago for my fitness and food journal. Each page has a tip or a saying.

Today's was quite appropriate. It was an Empowering Beliefs Tools that WW offers and it said "You are a unique human being and you deserve to achieve your goals".

This really hits home for me because I seem invite failure when someone complements my successes, not just with eating but other things too. I don't know why... one of my quirks I guess. But you know what? I DO deserve success and I can achieve my goals without sabotaging myself.

I did eat within my points range - actually only ate 23 of 28 allowed, so I'll carry those forward for another day when I need them. I drank 56 oz of water so far today and I exercised (mowed the lawn for 2+ hours). Sounds like sucess to me.

1 successful day down - 83 to go
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hey everyone, I'm late but we got home tonight from our weekend in the mountains, so I am going to take my measurements in the morning. Of course, my special monthly friend came to visit today, so I am feeling a bit bloated and puffy but I will measure anyway, will be drinking lots of water to get through it.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:03 AM   #24  
motomom

Default Julie's Measurements

Just took my measurements and interesting...I last took them in May 04 when I was about 5 lbs less than I am right now and they basically are the same!

Current weight and measurements (right & left respectively, taken in inches):
Weight: 174 (that's what I was last Friday, can't imagine it's changed much)
Neck 13
Upper Arm 12 & 1.5
Forearm 10 & 9.5
wrist (both 5 & 7/8)
bust 41.5
chest 37.5
waist 35
abdomen 44
hips 45.5
upper thigh 23 & 23.5
calf 14 & 14.5
ankle 8.5 (both)
width of foot 4"
Old 08-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #25  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning Challenge Chicks!

Well, one day down, lots more to go!

Yesterday... food wasn't great. It was ok, and I was in my calorie budget, but only because of exercise. I ate healthy foods all day, just way too much of them. But like I said, I was still within my budget, if only by 5 calories. Whatever works, right?

I drank plenty of water--like 120 oz! And I did a 30 minutes aerobics video last night. I was going to do a different one, but it was already late, so I did the short one. I made my 30 minutes though! I will update my signature after I post.

I've decided to add one small tweak to my exercise goals for the month of August: no more than 2 days between exercise sessions. Of course, if I meet my 20 days goal that won't be a problem, but I read something recently that said if you go longer than 2 days between sessions you start losing the benefits you've gained. So no more of that!

Steve went to the doctor yesterday and came home and told me he's fat--he weighs 180! I wish I weighed 180 right now! The doc also told him to get his cholesterol checked, and it's probably fairly high, so we're going to go on a low-cholesterol diet, because even if it's not high, a healthy diet can't hurt. But at least he'll be more receptive of my new healthy foods I plan to cook, and that is good.

OK, I need to be busy, so I'm going to journal, then get to work. Have a healthy day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #26  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I haven't forgotten, I just can't find my tape measure! A trip to the dollar store today should remedy the situation.

On my honor... I will try... To do my best... To God and my Country...

Oops, I'm getting my pledges mixed up...

I, Elise, do hereby commit myself to making healthful changes in my body during the next 12 weeks and beyond. I am undertaking this adventure in order to lose weight, decrease my body fat, strengthen and tone my muscles, make my body stronger and healthier, and make my life longer and fuller. I will follow the 12-week plan, and I will incorporate other healthy strategies as well. I will eat right, I will exercise, and I will drink plenty of water. There will be times when I slip, but I will get right back on track. I will not allow minor setbacks to deter me. I will accomplish my goals.

And now a little more personal one...

I, Elise, am sick of being wishy washy about a healthy lifestyle. I will do my best to get healthy so that I hopefully will never have to use my health insurance. I will NOT beat myself up when I slip up, which I assuredly will. I will grow a backbone to be able to put my foot down when my husband offers me food I shouldn't be eating. I will find excuses to exercise rather than excuses not to. I will keep this up for life because I feel a heck of a lot better about myself when I'm eating and exercising properly!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:04 AM   #27  

Back to work today after a 4 week vacation! I have a healthy lunch packed and am going to check out signing up for the gym at work. These are my goals for the day along with everything else I pledged to do.

I have not posted my measurements, but will say that I now wear a size 22 top and want to get down to a 16.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Morning,

Well DAY TWO has started well - getting my walk in with Leslie and my 10 minute ab routine done. Missed breakfast but chomped down a bran bar (2 points) and an extra coffee. Onward to water now.

I can sure relate to your personal pledge, Elise. Last night after turning down an offer of cheesecake, DH tried to tempt me into going to DQ for a Peanut Buster Parfait. Happy to say - I said NO, but you go ahead. Turns out he didn't really want it ice cream with out me, and settled for having two pieces of cheesecake - which is good because there is now 2 less pieces of cheesecake in the house to tempt me.
Quote:
I will grow a backbone to be able to put my foot down when my husband offers me food I shouldn't be eating.
Sounds like you've set yourself some realistic goals, Eva. Getting into routines and making healthy choices will make for great lifelong results. You'll see "16" in no time. How are you planning to burn your 200-300 calories at the gym?

Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday, Elisha. My way of thinking is that staying OP is staying OP - I don't think there is degrees of OP - it's like being pregnant either you are or you're not

Well I'm off to work now .... gotta clean up my desk that I left in a disaster on Friday as I ran out of the office.

XOXOX
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

This is day two, but kinda day one for me since I'm just now getting to my measurements and looking at week one goals. The exercise routine is timely for me, since I got way behind on mine since I was away from home. I'm cranking it up this week trying to catch up.

Doing the exercise for me isn't the problem, it's getting on a schedule with it so that I can get it in during the day, not have to cram it all into the evening after the kids go to sleep...when I'm tired and don't have the motivation as I do during the day. So, my committment for this week is to create a schedule of sorts, times during the day that I will exercise and NOTHING ELSE!!! This will carry into other weeks of course as I make it habit, but this week I want to focus on setting times, appointments with myself, that are realistic and fit into the kid's schedule.

These exercise times will be: getting up an hour early (6AM) to get in at least a half hour before kids wake up, the hour they nap in the afternoon instead of napping with them, and then the evening when they are asleep. So, starting today I will not nap with them, but will exercise! Tomorrow will be day one for getting up at 6 and not napping...this will take all 12 weeks to get used to I think! But it is necessary, this needs to be routine for me.

I am really hoping to get into the blue jeans my MIL bought me for my birthday..by the end of this challenge! They are only a 20, and I wear 22 now, so by the end of this 12 weeks I seriously hope to be wearing the 20 at least, and have a bit of lose room even! But here are my measurements as well, it will be interesting to see what they are in the end:

Starting measurements:
neck: 16
chest: 48.5
wrist: 7
bicep: 16
waist: 46
hip: 52
thigh: 48.5
calf: 17
ankle: 11
wieght: 253

I'm saving these numbers in a Word document and will remeasure the first of each month and compare.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #30  
motomom

Default Tuesday afternoon

Just got home from a very long day in Grand Rapids for that Motivational Seminar. It was interesting. When we arrived at 8:30 this morning, they were turning people away at the main arena and sending them to another arena to view telecast...so we walked there. Then we went to lunch at the break and walked through downtown and then back to the main arena to find a seat "live"!!! I'd say we walked a good 2 miles today not to mention all the flights of steps I got in! Exercise today was good. I'm actually thinking of going and doing some WATP with my friend Leslie before my family gets home, but I better get there quick if I'm gonna go!

Imade some good choices today (food) too! Yea me! Chose and apple instead of a donut for breakfast and drank water at lunch instead of diet pop! I'd say it was a successful day!

You all are really motivating me. Joy...thanks again for setting this up and getting us going in the right direction!

Hugs to all!