Old 04-01-2005, 08:22 AM   #1  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Cool *~* April Showers Challenge *~*

April showers may bring May flowers, but hopefully they will also bring us a renewed commitment to do what it takes to make these healthy changes lifetime habits. New month, new slate, and most importantly, a new chance every day to make better choices, and take care of ourselves.

Post your goal(s) for the next 4 weeks, and join us for support and encouragement. Anyone is welcome to jump in and join us- please, make yourself at home!

Avatars will be up this evening- thank you Lisa for all of the searching you did for the pictures!

Let's make this the best April yet- shorts weather is coming up fast!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #2  

well I am up for it. I would like to lose 4 lbs this month (one a week will more then llikely be hard enough). That would put me at 135!!! To get there?

1. Drink more water... been drinking mostly soda lately.
2. exercise 3 days of the week
3. Watch what is put into the mouth.
4. Stay active on my days off.

That is about all. As far as fitness goes but I also want to read atleast one book this month (I was reading a few but now I don't have the time). And also go and get an outfit for myself.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #3  
"workin' on my fitness"

Still trying to avoid the roid here- thankfully I have Monday off for a day with mom & a much-needed hair cut!

Goals for April:

*More Water- even caffeine free diet coke is not water.
*Ease back into exercising with WATP and resistance bands
*Make and bring lunch & stop with the convenience foods!
*Find the time to post, and be the support that I know I need from others.

Ok, chickies...we're off to a whole new month. At least I've started the day off right with a Zone bar for breakfast, and only 1 diet coke

Happy April Fool's Day!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #4  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

I'm here chicks!

My goal this month is to get back on track, whether I actually lose any weight or not. I need to start gulping the water once again, start exercising once again, and quit eating so much junk! AND I need to start checking in with my chicks regularly again too!

Let's get this month started!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi! I need a good challenge to help me stay accountable. My goals for April:

1) Drink my water
2) Lose 5-8 lbs.
3) Get on an exercise routine - at least 3x a week.
4) Cut out the junk food and eating out
5) Check in here regularly

I can do this, I know I can - I just need to get back the motivation I had in January.
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Happy Saturday morning to everyone

Seems my goals always the same... but it is good to RENEW my focus each month.... so I will ...

1. Keep in touch with my DAILY
2. Eat within points DAILY
3. Drink over 80 oz of water DAILY
4. Exercise DAILY
5. Journal what I put in my mouth on this site DAILYSorry to have to bore you ladies with this but I have to do what I have to do.... and this is IT

Went out for a walk this morning (while DH was running ) took about 90 minutes to go 6.9K (3.14miles).

Now off to have my turn in the shower... have a great day

Last edited by squabb56; 04-02-2005 at 07:45 PM.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #7  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

So far so good, chicks!

I just finished my workout for the day--30 minutes on the elliptical and a full set on the weight machine. And I'm working on my water, so it's all good there too. I went to the store and bought some low-cal stuff. And I get to change my birth control back tomorrow, so hopefully my metabolism will pick up again.

I'm ready to get back into dieting mode. Let's make April our best dieting month ever!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #8  

Hello All!

There is nothing like a day in the garden .....to show how really out of shape I am! I had some major transplanting to do....plants and shrubs to dig up and move to other areas of the yard (and none of them were small either!). DH wanted to re-contour one of my flower beds.....it sloped towards the house, which caused water to drain into the basement during spring thaw and rainy periods.....so, if I wanted to save the plants, I had get them moved.

Jennifer.....thanks for putting up the new challenge. I really need to re-commit!

Gabwill......Your goal of 4 lbs sounds good......and I know you can do it!

Elisha.....There is nothing like a new challenge to get back on track. And look at you.....exercise already done! What kind of low-cal goodies did you get at the store?

Mom2alex./..welcome! Don't worry.....we will keep you accountable! Fair warning.....someone here has a tazer and isn't afraid to use it if you get out of line!

Joy.......great goals! And thanks for reminding me to set goals for the rest of my life too!

Goals......drink my water, count my calories, and 2-3 miles per day with WATP. It's the same old stuff......and I have been stalled on the scale for such a long time! I think my problem is the weekends........I can stay on plan Monday-Friday, but then slack off on the weekends. New goal.......a plan that goes all 7 days! Now that should bring some action!

My ISP has disconnected me 3 times in the last 10 minutes......it will be a miracle if this posts at all!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:01 PM   #9  

Uh-oh. I better keep my tail in line! LOL Thanks for the heads up!

I will say - today wasn't great, but Saturdays never are. I will do good tomorrow, and post later in the day.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #10  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi...I'm new to this area. I saw the heading and I LOVE challenges.

My goals for April are:

1). Lose 8-10 pounds
2). Go to the gym 4-6 days a week
3). Get up earlier in the a.m. to do yoga...I need to stretch out.
4). Drink more water and...at LEAST 64 oz.
5). Stick with my plan!!!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #11  
We're TTC!!

Ooops... I forgot to add... GOOD LUCK everyone and it's nice to meet you!
Old 04-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #12  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

My goal this month is to get back on track.
!- Go to the gym 5 days a week
2- eat smarter
3- lose at least 8 lbs
4- find fun ways to stay active throughout the day
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:48 PM   #13  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I HAVE lost it!!!

I just typed this post on the last challenge because when I looked for this earlier (like last night), this one wasn't here...I have lost it!!!

So here's what I just posted on our Spring Challenge!

There MUST be more posts here since yesterday morning when I last posted! I keep checking, but....NONE!!! Maybe something's wrong with 3FC??? Maybe you all just went and checked out for Spring Break...and didn't bother to tell ME!!! OK, whatever the reason...I am checking in here just to say...

Had a pretty good day...too many carbs, but did get in a hike with DD at the State Park today! Yea! It was cold, but nice. We were bundled up and the hike UP the hill made me sweat! Of course, as I anticipated, DD and dog were waaaay ahead of me and I had to keep telling them to slow down. We did take one small 5 minute rest about 1/2 way... after we climbed the dune back up from the Lake (Michigan, of course!). DD said her feet were tired! I was needing a little breather then too, so it worked out for both of us! So we sat and enjoyed the view of the lake and the sunshine on our faces! It was nice! One of those memorable "Mom & Daughter" moments!

I got information on my hiking trip that I'm taking this summer. They say we will be hiking 5-7 miles with 2000ft elevations each day (that's 4 days out of the 5 we will be there). So I emailed the "guy in charge" to ask what kind of workout I should be doing...he said that if I can get 3-4 one hour hikes in a week, plus a "bigger one" in on the weekend, I should be fine!!!! So it's kick *** time, girls!!! I'm pumped. I'm going to make myself a calendar with the "days til hiking" on it and put a copy of it EVERYWHERE to remind me when I just don't feel like working out!!!!

So, I guess that's my goal this month, to get up to one hour each time I walk or ride and then plan a 2-3 hour hike on the weekends at the park! Geesh...Guess that means I have to find a longer route to walk outdoors, eh? And does Leslie have a one hour tape? I could do the one mile and the two mile together, I suppose...that's almost one hour! I'll figure something out, I'm sure...just thinking on "paper" here!

Hope everyone is ok and that you all aren't somewhere else and I'm just typing all of this just to hear myself "talk"!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:17 AM   #14  

Well, I am just going to accept the fact that my weekend just totally sucked. And now I must move on and get my butt in gear. I had a breakfast meeting Sun. morning, and what I ate totally messed with me. Apparently eating out on the rare occasion is almost out of the question, because of how much better I eat at home. It seems as if the moment I eat anything even remotely greasy, I am regretting it within an hour or so. Grrrrrr

Anyway, the one good thing about yesterday was that I did manage to get in 64 oz. of water...not as much as I'd like to get in, but better than most weekend days.

Have a great day everyone!!! Let's kick it in gear so we can meet our goals!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #15  
We're TTC!!

Today is my first day of really being back on plan. It's not quite 10am, but I have drank 20 oz of water so far. Plus last night I packed all our breakfasts, snacks and Lunches for the day. I have the prepare ahead of time or I won't be "true" to plan. I didnt get up this morning for yoga... I was lazy! I am going to the gym after work, so that will help. Have a great day everyone!