Old 04-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #106  

well I didn't have time to read and will do just a quick post before getting back on the sofa. I didn't stay at work but for about 2 hours on sunday since I could barely stand (back has been killing me) I will attempt to go to work today but will ask to sit whenever possible. I don't have paid leave yet and would like the money so will try to suffer through it. Unfortunately the first appt I could get for it is on the 28th but that is better then not having one at all. I didnt' do anything different for it to hurt (I haven't been exercising or anything to over do it) It just won't stop. It is good the first 30 minutes out of bed but after that, it doesn't feel right. Anyway, sitting too long on this hard chair so will let you go.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #107  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I have been awful about posting while I was off work. I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I have been doing surprisingly well with my plan. Last week I didn't get in 4 days of exercise, only 3, but I did stick with the plan ok and drink water. I doubt that I will lose 10 pounds in the next few weeks. I have lost 3 pounds and maybe I'll at least lose 8 pounds by the end of April. I guess time will tell. I hope everyone is doing good on their plans!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #108  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Just got back from the track! I walked 4 miles..boy I am feeling it! I walked with my cousin, and the conversation with her helped me to walk further and faster. Food yesterday was really good, and today - so far- food and water are both good. Gotta keep this up! I plan to do a toning routine later tonight, and it is also the night for my upper body weights workout. I'm going to be really busy!!

Just wanted to say Hi, and give a quick little update about me! I'll come back later when I can comment more. Hope you are all having a super day!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #109  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Thursday AM

Morning all,
Ai yai yai! It's Thursday morning already and I haven't done a lick of exercise yet this week! I am so tired in the mornings and by the time I get everything done after work, I can hardly function! So...I am just trying to get through these next few weeks by watching my eating...which has not been overly successful, but not a train wreck completely...yet!

Yesterday, I didn't have breakfast which I know is one of my goals (to make time for breakfast) and ended up having a chocolate chip cookie at work (fresh from the oven). I was offered more but stopped at one! Yea me! It's those kinds of little events that help me to realize that I am making progress in this journey! Lunch was a busy plateful of chicken pot pie (or some sort of version of it) with peas and carrots, but I did get in a veggie! We had our Volunteer LUncheon yesterday which I was in charge of, so I really didn't eat much in the afternoon...a lick of the frosting from the cake and a couple of glasses of lemonade which were not sugar free...not good, but I was thirsty and it was convenient! Poor planning on my part, I know! So for supper, I did make myself a healthy salad with chicken and ham and cheese and eggs and lots of lettuce! It filled me up until I got home from my church meeting when I sat down for the first time all day and watched some tv! I had a bowl of icecream with home made hot fudge sauce! I know!!!!!! I certainly could have done without that!

Water has been ok...I have really been trying to at least get 40 oz in at work and then I usually drink 30 oz. more at home after work. but I really should be probalby drinking more of it!

This weekend is DH and my anniversary. We are going to a resort on Friday night and staying through Saturday. The weather is supposed to be cold and rainy but it will just be nice to get away alone for a few hours to de-stress. I am planning a romantic evening with candles and stuff. OUr room has a hot tub AND a fire place in it! Woo Hoo! I am really looking forward to this!

Maintaining right now is a good thing for me, so as long as I can check in here and remain accountable, even if I don't exercise, I can still maintain. I am going to try to have some breakfast today!

Hope all are well...Lisa...you are kicking butt on the exercise chickie! And rebelridergirl...you go on the 3 lbs chickie. That's 3 that you don't have to worry about next month!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:03 AM   #110  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

I'm here, and I'm focused! At least for today.

I stepped on the scale this morning, and it's back up to 210.0. I know that some of that is water (you know, that clear liquid stuff I'm not drinking enough of), but I saw that there was a sort of reaction in my brain. First I wanted to cry, but then I just got mad. Which is a good thing when it comes to me and diets.

It's amazing how easy it is to gain weight in the face of how hard it is to lose it. I lost all that weight last year, I worked so hard to do it, and now I'm just letting it slide? That's not right.

Enough is enough. Someone tazer me, and tazer me good. Today, I will say NO! to those fast food lunches and laziness, and today I will say YES! to exercise and water and healthy eating.

Note: I realize that I get motivated like this every week or so, then I slide right back off the wagon. You're probably all getting sick of hearing me say it and then watching me not do anything. Trust me, I'm sick of it. But I think that as long as I keep climbing back up on the wagon, well, it's better than just stopping altogether. Even one healthy meal is better than none. Besides, I might just surprise us all and stick with it at some point.

Anyway, I must get ready for work. I'm already behind schedule. Motivation always makes me type too long. Have a healthy day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:14 AM   #111  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Umm....did I say I was going to do toning and upper body last night??? Well, after my hectic day (and I NEVER got over that 4 miles I walked!), I played baseball outside with the boys, got them ready for bed, and then layed down with my oldest son for a minute at 9:00. And.......at 4:30 this morning I woke up, and stumbled down the hall to my own bed. I was beyond tired, and still feel so this morning. Today is going to be a rest day for me in the working out department. I need rest! Silly, but I still am not over my surgery. Yes, I have healed, but I still don't have my old energy levels back! It has been 9 weeks....I just have to be patient.

I sure would like to hear from you all.......are you doing well???
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #112  
We're TTC!!

Good morning!

Lisa- WOW! 4 miles is a lot! I do about 2 miles (30 mins) on the treadmill and another 20 minutes (maybe a mile or so) on the elliptical and thats about all I can handle in terms of cardio. Then I do circuits for 30 minutes. I always have the intentions of going home doing more toning and weights, but I am lucky to commit to 15 minutes toning on the ball 3 days a week. So, I understand! You're doing great! Be patient with yourself and eventually just add 5 minutes of toning or whatever until you're doing what you want. Sorry, I forgot to answer about dh's bike. He has an '03 Harley Softtail and I have an '85 Honda Rebel that I'm learning to ride. I don't blame you about being afraid to ride after a crash. Was your dh hurt? We spilled the bike last summer in our yard, so it didn't hurt too bad, but I was nervous to get back on. It takes time.

Sounds like everyone is doing really good at working on the motivation!

Everything is going good here. I didn't get in nearly as much water yesterday as I should. I am really going to try to today. Eating and exercising have been good.

Well, hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by rebelridergirl; 04-21-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:44 AM   #113  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Sorry Chicks

Sorry I've been away. Having serious relationship problems for the first time in this four year relationship. Not fairing well.
But on a good note, weigh in on Monday was another loss. Four pounds. That brings my two week total to 10 3/4 pounds. Making me this week's "good" loser (not the best, she lost five). I'm fighting the urge and temptation to eat my weight in comfort food. And the fact that I go back to work today is actually a good thing. I'll HAVE to shower and actually face the world. I'll try to catch up on everyone's posts here. Hope all are doing well. Sorry for my absence.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:30 PM   #114  
~In my own little world~

I ate a scoop of ice cream today!! What in the world was I thinking anyway? I'm not one to eat that kinda stuff but I just wanted a scoop of that coconut nutty they have at Baskin Robbins. Stoopid stoopid but oh well.

Tonight is marathon workout night. I just love my Thursday night workouts. Everyone leaves me alone with my exercise and tv. It's like my own private island. (no survivor though, bleck)

Food has been really good with the exception of the ice cream. Water has been fab too. I'm actually feeling really good and people are noticing my drop in weight. That's the best! I got a haircut today. Short and sassy, that's all me.

Hope you are all fairing well.

Hotcupojava- I'm very sorry to hear about your relationship issues. I hope things work out for the best for you.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:36 PM   #115  
Bound and Determined

Woohoo!

Today was a good day. Calories are at 1595, even with the frozen pizza I'm having for dinner. I've had 90oz of water (plus coffee with breakfast and diet coke at lunch), and my cup is empty, which means it needs refilled. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and a full circuit on the weight machine.

I got called back for a second interview for a job that I would be perfect for. My interview is in the morning. I'm a little over-qualified for the job, but I'm hoping that's a good thing. The hours are much better, as are the benefits (with the one exception of the fact that I get free cosmetics at my current job ), and it's actually a job in my field. And I'd make more money, which I could definitely use.

Anyway, my brain just stopped, so I'm going to go shower, shave, and self-tan. Have a great night, chickies!
~Elisha
Old 04-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #116  

Hello All!

It has been one of THOSE weeks......had to do financial statements at work......had care conference with staff at Mom's assisted living home......visited friend with cancer (bad news)......and today I was supposed to sign the final papers on selling Mom's house (my childhood home), but that has been postponed until Monday. And you all know what happens to the plan when stress intervenes.....yep, food has been over the top and exercise non-existent! It was one of those weeks I am just going to chalk off as having survived....and start anew next week. Good news is...a girlfriend and I are taking a bus trip Saturday and do some power shopping.....wow, do I ever need this getaway!

Gabrielle.....sorry to hear about the bad back.....that can be so miserable. Try Motrin...maybe some heat.....and stay off the sofa (I always found it to make my back feel worse...but maybe that was just my sofa!)

Andrea.....You are doing so great! Don't worry about the pounds you didn't lose....just celebrate the ones you did lose!

Lisa....DH and I have been doing an off-body restore on a 1931 Model A Ford Tudor. It should be done within the next month or so and on the road! Next up.....is a 1929 Model A Ford coupe (still debating putting in a rumble seat!).....and then, farther down the road is a 1930 Model A station wagon (they call is a woody). Hmmmm.....can you say obsession?

Julie....Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful romantic weekend.....you probably won't care if it snows or not....hehe. How many years is it?

Elisha.....That darn scale is a great motivator if nothing else! I've got my fingers crossed for the interview for you......just tell them that it is 'exactly the job I have been looking for'

Turtle.....Sorry to hear of the relationship woes...hope it all works out in the way that makes you happiest. In the meantime, stay strong and away from those beckoning comfort foods! work out the stress on the dreadmill!

Tracy....Your marathon workout night sounds great! What a treat to be able to focus on your program and spend time on you!

Everyone is doing so well here.....got to go now and put all your inspiration to work!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #117  
We're TTC!!

Good morning!

Everything is going ok here. Still sticking to the plan. Its amazing. I never stick to things this long! LOL.

MsRD- Sorry that this has been such a stressful week for you! Just hang in there and you'll be back to yourself and your routine. Enjoy your shopping trip with your friend. That will be a great getaway!

Elisha- Way to go on your eating and exercising! Good luck on your interview!

Tracy- You are doing great! It feels so nice when people comment on how you're looking!

Hotcupojava- Hope everthing is going better for you and that things will work out for the best.

If I don't post anymore...Everyone have a great weekend and I'll talk to ya on Monday!
Old 04-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #118  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

I GOT A JOB! YAY!!! The pay isn't stellar, but it's a good bit more than I'm making now, and there's lots of opportunity for increase. They were already talking about different positions I could hold in the company, and how they encourage promotion from within, yada yada yada. I get my own desk, and not just 1 but 2 computers! YAY! Anyway, I start Monday, May 9th. And the best part is, my first paycheck comes 2 days before I get my last paycheck from my current job, which is 2 days before my birthday. Can anyone say shopping spree? After all, I have to have clothes to work in. I'd better get my butt in gear losing this weight!

Today has been a very long day. But a good one. Calories came in at 1833, which is a little high (because of the pork chop and baked potato with sour cream that I just ate), but I'm not going to get too worked up about it. I was actually tummy-growling hungry 4 times today, so I had 4 meals, and they were all decently healthy (with the exception of said pork chop and baked potato, and even that could have been worse). Water is decent, and I'm still working on it. No exercise though. I was up too early as it was, and I'm dead tired now. I didn't wear my pedometer today, but I know I got in at least my 10,000 steps. I'm aiming for at least 30 miles by May 1. Anyone up for a pedometer challenge?

Anyway, I've got to go to bed. Tomorrow is an early morning, and I'm exhausted. Have a good weekend, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 04-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #119  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Hello WEEK END

Yah! Miss Elisha! Congratulations on the job!

Dark, cold, dreary and rainy here in West Virginia. They're even calling for up to an inch of snow. I sure hope they've either changed their mind about that by now, or they're wrong. I'm so totally DONE with snow.

It's my "Friday" but just eight hours (once I start work) stand between me and a "Mary Week End." I'll have it all to myself. No Pooh Bear. I'm thinking I'll go to the grocery store on the way home from work (yep, at midnight). And then I'll go from there on my cleaning, you know, once I put the groceries away. Like cleaning out the refrigerator, cabinets, closets, stuff like that. Hey wait! That doesn't sound like FUN! Oh well, at least it'll be productive. Sigh...

I hope every one truly enjoys their week end and I hope (where ever you are) you're having better weather than we are.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #120  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday Afternoon

WOW...When did I last post? Seems like forever ago, but probably was just a couple of days! Oh geesh...Thursday! Man! The time just flies these days!

OK, had a great weekend with DH at the resort. I was laughing when we were hauling all the stuff out of the car and into our room saying..."we could have saved some $ and stayed home and just sent Kaleigh away for a night..." realizing that we have a hot tub and a fireplace!!!! LOL...anyway...I am so glad we got away. We both really needed it and it was wonderful! It is our 12th year of marriage! (I think MsRD asked)

I talked to DH today about doing a challenge with him to see who can lose 10# first (then I changed it to 5# when he balked, which is probably more realistic). He asked what the reward would be...I told him he could name it! Of course...you know what HE's thinking!!!!! So, if anyone else wants to join this challenge...I really need some motivation to get cracking.

I did pretty good with this week's goal of eating veggies or fruit at every meal (except breakfast wasn't so good as I had hoped!) Next week, my goal is to get up at 5 (if I say 5, it might be 6 before I get up) 5 times/week and workout! My reward for doing this is a cup of coffee!!! I will wait to make the coffee until AFTER I work out! How did everyone else do with their mini weekly goals?

I am going to go lay down and take a nap. Have a headache (sinus, I'm sure...we are getting snow here, too Mary...no accumulations, but dang...I'm so DONE with winter, too!) and am really tired. Not much sleep on a smaller bed at the B&B! I'll be back later to make some more comments.

Lisa...IM me to tell me when you can chat! Hope you are getting your much needed rest. Brad sure knows you, doesn't he? Maybe you WERE being a little too obsessive about working out!!!! (((((Lisa)))))

Elisha...Hooray on the job! Proud of you chickie! I'll do that pedometer challenge with you. Do we start Monday? That only leaves us 6 days...but with my weekly goal, I think I can do it!!!

Mary...I've got some cupboards that need to be cleaned out! Can you come visit??? LOL!

Rebelridergirl...Yea on sticking to the plan! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you can actually see a goal being met! Proud of you, chickie!

MsRD...nothing like retail shopping therapy to help with a stressful week like yours!!! Hope you have/had fun! Sorry about all that's going on with you...sometimes life throws us a hard ball, doesn't it?

Chick...your thursday night workouts seem like a blast! So good for you! I wish I had energy at the end of the night to exercise! I just don't!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote