Old 04-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #91  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies!

Yesterday went ok. I did workout and eat ok for the most part, but I did have 4 beers over the course of the evening (Miller Light and 4 carbs each), so that wasnt too good and my husband had to order fries, and I had a maybe 5-10. Other than that I did ok. It's another day!

MsRD- Sounds like you had a great workout! As the weather warms up, it will be great to sit out on that deck and grill out. Sounds like fun!

Joy- Hang in there with your points. Its good that you are aware of it and taking responsibility for it. You will get it under control, besides you could be doing alot worse, so pat yourself on the back for what you are doing! Your flowers sound so pretty. I can't wait until we buy a house and can do more landscaping.

Lisa-Congrats on the weightloss!

Everyone have a great day! You all are doing really great! Have a good Friday.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #92  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Turtle Boast

I did it! I made myself do a mile on my "dreadmill." There's no motor, so that's tough to do. Of course, it took me over 38 minutes to do it. But I stopped several times (changing songs, getting drinks even went outside to check the mail). I hadn't intended to do the whole mile, but was happy that I did.

I had my first cup of coffee of the day on the back porch in the sun and also my last one. It was real sunny, but the air was cold. I'm just trying to get some color on my pale face.

Only bad things today was that my brunch wouldn't stay down and I cracked my ankle bone on my computer chair. And it's cold in here, so you know that makes it hurt even more (cold feet ow !) But it already feels better and I'm about ready to go to work.

My week end is a few days off (schedule is all weird at work) but the weather report says it's going to be REAL nice. I'm off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Yep, I had a three day week end last week too. I'm so close to maxing out on vacation days, that they're asking me to take a few here and there, so it's real nice to have days off for no reason AND have great weather for them

I'll be back to this thread once I get to work and see if I can respond to other's comments. Right now I've got to get my shell moving and get out the door to work. Have you ever seen Turtle so up and optomistic? Me either.

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 04-15-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Talking

Hey... where is everybody...

I wanted to TOOT my own horn.... well I did my 10K run/walk today... in the I took about 100 minutes DH was done in about 60 minutes... He left me in the dust ... but that's okay I didn't want to hold him back.... He didn't stop running all the way.... I'm so proud of him.

They had a wonderful spread of bagels, oranges, bananas, power bars, water... and yop's. Of course I out but for today... who's counting...

Anyways that's it for now....

How is everyone else doing????

JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:06 PM   #94  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Sunday PM

Hey Joy...WAY TO GO ON THE WALK/RUN!!! I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!! Good going!!! Was it really hard or did it seem to go fast? 100 minutes doesn't seem like too long!!! You did good!!!

OK...so my weekend has been somewhat productive, but mostly a nice weekend. Finally got out on the motorcycle with hubby today! He's had that bike for 2 weeks and I finally got to ride it. He was so sweet about it too. Got a babysitter and everything!! We went for a very chilly ride along the lakeshore, but inland was a bit warmer (about 70 degrees F). Worked in my garden this afternoon for an hour or so and got it raked up and weed killer sprayed down on the nasty grass!!! I know...those chemicals in our soil...not good, but it sure makes the flower bed look better!!

I did NOT get any formal exercise in this weekend, but we did manage to get in a couple of bicycle rides both today and yesterday with hubby and DD. I pulled the trailer with DD in it today for about 3 miles. It was an easy ride, but still...Yesterday, we rode about 5-6 miles but he pulled the trailer! That was after an afternoon at a horse show which was after spending the morning watching my nephew play soccer! Whew! A busy weekend! In between all of that, I did manage to clean my bathroom, do about 4 loads of laundry (all of which still have to be folded and put away), cooked a couple of meals, and cleaned up the kitchen a few times! Other than that....it was a nice relaxing weekend!!!!

OH...I did get my exercise chart/schedule done. I am also considering joining Weight Watchers or another diet program (Prism) which I have done before. Gotta get this eating under control!

Thanks for all your support everyone! Hugs to all...and y'all better be checking in here real soon!!! Ya hear???
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:18 PM   #95  
~In my own little world~

Hello All, I've been working myself into a frenzy lately and only managed to lose 1 pound this week. It's very frustrating. But I won't give up. I've come to far. Gotta get to that mini goal b/c there's another goal behind that one. This week has been good for motivation though, I've had so many people mention my loss. I'm pretty proud. I'm getting to where I'm feeling really good too. Alright enough about me. I see all of you are really kicking it. Wow!!

Lisa I see you have a loss. That's great. Don't blame it on a stomach/migraine thing though. You earned that loss. How are you feeling?

Everyone else, I hope this next week finds you healthy and making good choices. Remember to always reach for that goal you have set out for yourself. You are worth it.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #96  

Thanks, Julie.... it actually went pretty quickly. Other than a few knee "twinges" near the end it was okay. I did run the first 1.5 K with DH....then a slight hill came up and then I alternated - I ran until I was tired and then walked inbetween ... probably 1/2 and 1/2 until last last 2k when I could only walk. I really don't think you need to worry about the "formal exercise" with all the work you did... it all counts. Having a busy life style is great - and burns just as many calories... besides such a good example for your DD.

Tracy *tsk *tsk, enough whining... losing 1 pound is GREAT. Imagine a pound of butter ... how it would look added back on to your butt - half a pound on each cheek... not a pretty sight is it? I haven't lost any weight in three weeks and I've been walking (and running) like crazy. It will happen when it happens. Did you take your measurements lately. Sometimes the losses will show there.. your friends are noticing so it's coming off somewhere. Good For You.

I didn't mention earlier but last week I fit into some size 18 jeans that I haven't been able to wear in five years. They're a bit out of style (skinny legs) but they are winter white and I wore them to work on Friday. I've been fitting into 18's for a while and 16's if they are stretchy... but some of these are getting loose.... The hips are really loose - it's the waist that takes the time to get off for me.

Anyways time to wrap it up and go do my journal (although I'm definately not counting points today.)

Old 04-18-2005, 08:10 AM   #97  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

I've been so bad! I don't know what's wrong with me! I just can't seem to focus. It's like I have no control over myself. My life has been so frustrating this week, and it's not helping. *sigh*

Tonight Steve and I are going to stay at my grandma's house, then tomorrow she's making us her famous spaghetti and garlic bread. More calories, just what I need. Then tomorrow evening Steve and I are going to look at a few more places, so we'll probably eat out again for dinner. Ugh.

I need to get back to where I was at this time last year. How do I get there and stay there? Something's got to happen. I'm getting so sick of having motivation one minute and losing it the next.

Ok, I've got to get ready for work. I won't be checking in again until tomorrow evening, so have a healthy couple of days, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #98  
motomom

Default Focus, Focus, Focus!!!

I think that is what our next challenge should be. Or maybe we need a mini challenge to help us all focus this week! What do you say? Everyone set a mini goal just for the rest of this week (including Saturday and Sunday) and let's see if we can't all get re-focused! I do better when I have a short, short term goal to focus on! How about the rest of you?

OK, so my goal for the rest of this week is to make sure I eat at least one serving of a fruit or veggie at each meal! That means I HAVE to eat breakfast, right???

My day today was crazy! I didn't eat breakfast before I left home...geesh I hate not giving myself enough time in the morning!!! Maybe that should be my goal! Get up when I wake up!!! I try to go back to sleep and end up laying there for 30 minutes when I could be productive for that 30 minutes! OK, I will make that another goal, as well! Anyway...I scarfed down a piece of french toast (dry) with a couple of bacon strips when I got to work. Was starving by lunch and didn't have any money, didn't bring lunch, and there weren't any left overs in the kitchen! Dang! So I did find a piece of ham (there goes the water retention) and some pistaccio fluff!!! So I got home and was starving. I did make myself a healthy turkey & low-fat cheese (grilled) sandwich on whole grain bread and glass of milk. I feel better, but still have lots to do tonight!

DH and I talked about going for a bike ride tonight, but he doesn't ride long enough for me to feel like it's exercise! Plus maybe we will get DD to ride with us on her bike...it will really be slow then!!! LOL! I'm thinking I should go and workout with Leslie (WATP) before he gets home, then at least I won't feel guilty!

Elisha...I don't know what the secret is to staying motivated, except I remember that smaller challenges seemed to help both of us. What is your goal for today? For the week? Try one! Pick one...any one! Sounds pretty serious with you and Steve!!! Looking for a place of your own together? That's great chickie! So happy for you! Hope the spaghetti is great. Enjoy a salad or some other veggie with it instead of garlic bread! You don't HAVE to eat the garlic bread, do you? I know, it's hard to resist!

Joy...Woo Hoo on the jeans! Feels so good, doesn't it! How much have you lost since you started this challenge board? Just curious!

Tracy...So proud of you...and one more pound is one less that you have to worry about later! Great job. Keep getting me motivated, chickie!

Mary...keep up the great work on the dreadmill! You can do it!!! Hope your ankle is better! That hurts! Ouch!!! Have a great couple of days off!

Rebelridergirl...The 4 beers don't appeal to me, but I had that VERY LARGE Margarita a week or so ago and boy, it tasted pretty darned good! I'm sure it was loaded with carbs, though!!! Hang in there...hope your weekend went well and that this week is super for you!

MsRD...Where in the heck are you??? I hope that tazer (or the power washer) didn't get the best of you!!! OK, it has been a while since you last checked in, so you'd better have a really good excuse, chickie!!!

Lisa...Hope your motivation is still up! You have done so well since your recovery from your surgery! I am so proud of you. Having technical difficulties? Haven't heard from you in FOREVER!!!!!! Miss you, chickie!

Jennifer...I know you are out there somewhere! Please IM me to tell me that all is well! Miss you!

To the rest of you, you'd better get in here and post. I miss all of you and you are my support life line! Hugs to all of you!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok - I like the mini challenge idea. My little goal for the rest of this week is to eat right and get all my water in!

Sorry I haven't been around much - we had a crazy weekend, and this weekend is even crazier! LOL But I am doing ok - exercise has been pretty much non-existent, and it's almost TOM, so I'm crabby, bloated, and wanting chocolate. Bad combination.
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:00 PM   #100  

Evening all!

So sorry to have been MIA.....life just seems to be dragging me along recently! Food today has been some good/some baaaaddd.....so I am ready to FOCUS on a mini-challenge for this week.! OK.....1400 calories or less each day.....that should get things started!

Mary.....Good going on that dreadmill! It really takes a lot of conviction to get on and stick it thru to the bitter end!

Joy.....Great job on the 10k walk/run! Wow! You folks are really inspiring me!

Julie....Bike riding is exercise, chickie. Maybe not as far or as fast as you want it, but hauling around your precious bundle really makes you work!

Elisha.....I wish there was a magic pill for keep us motivated. Whenever I seem to be spinning my wheels, I write down my eating/exercise plan.....gets me back on track!

We spent the weekend working like little bees.......when DH & I weren't in the barn, working on the car, I was in the flowerbeds, pulling weeds. We really got a lot done, but I am still tired! Tomorrow, I have a 'care conference' with staff from Mom's assisted living home....hopefully, they will have no surprises.

I still have to do WATP tonight, so will chat at you later!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:20 PM   #101  

Talking

Good idea Julie. I'm already feeling the slide coming with my "training" officially over.

F INALLY
0 N
C COURSE
U NTIL
S UNDAY

Can anyone do better.... they must be able to....

Joy
Old 04-18-2005, 11:56 PM   #102  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hello ! I, too, am sorry that I have been MIA. Things here are beyond hectic...life is a whirlwind here lately. We practically live over at that baseball field! LOLOL!

I am well. I had a bad eating day today, but it is the first in a long time, and I tried to make up for at least some of it by riding the bike 10 miles, and I did a long workout with my weights for upper body. I didn't eat as well as I wanted to this weekend either. I don't know why...I have had about 4 days or so of being so ravenous I just can't stand it! Not head hunger either,,it's that sharp kind of hunger in the tummy...and food just tastes sooo good when I feel like that - it's like I am a bottomless pit!

I have missed you all..missed posting and reading your posts. I send you all warm wishes, hugs, and good vibes! I hope you all find tomorrow full of happiness and blessings!

It is so late, and I need to be in bed..it is so quiet with everyone asleep..I love it...

Talk to you soon!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:59 PM   #103  
~In my own little world~

I don't have but a minute but had to check in tonight. It's time for bed. I'm beat. I worked out super great tonight and feel back to normal. My challenge for myself for the rest of the week is to keep it up. I moved the dial on my bike tonight to increase my tension. And then kicked it!! Here's the rundown for my workout tonight.

10 miles on bike in 1 hour
200 crunches
50 side crunches
50 butt lifts
30 minutes of weights
50 standing leg lifts

I've been doing the bike for 10 miles but it's been taking longer than an hour and I've only been doing 200 crunches for about a half week. Gotta get this weight to leaving this body.

I don't have time to give a shout out to you ALL but want to tell you all hello and have a great day.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:11 AM   #104  
motomom

Default Yea!

So glad you all are on board with this "focus" challenge! It helps to have that support for one another!

Didn't get up to do my WATP this morning, but I did get up early enough to eat breakfast and get some laundry folded and the dishes done. I was just pooped last night. I worked practically until I went to bed and then I laid there and watched Nanny 911 until 11~~ Geesh...what was I thinking? Of course, I woke up promptly at 6 when the cat started his "whining"!!! UGH! I tried to go back to sleep, but finally got up at 6:15. I'm tired , so am having my breakfast with a cup of coffee!

I read that drinking 3-4 cups of Green tea a day will help speed up your metabolism. Perhaps I should make a pot of green iced tea and sip on that all day! I need a boost, for sure!

Well hope you all have a great day. I have a very busy schedule for the rest of the week, so might not get on here...but I will try! I plan to keep to my mini goal for this week!

Hugs!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:31 AM   #105  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

GOOD MORNING!!

I just tried a new workout, and wanted to share! I did some exercises on my yoga ball. One of my friends was showing me how she sits on it and "bounces", and rolls her hips side to side..and a few other exercises. Well, I did the bouncing while I watched a show with the kids this morning, and I was thinking, "This does not feel like toning!" But, when I got up off the ball- I almost fell down! My legs were like jelly. Then, I did some ab work, and tried a new exercise I saw in a magazine at the doctor's office. It was fun..something different- I will DEFINITELY be using the ball again. DH came into the living room, and I got a stinging lecture about how I am obsessed with my weight loss, and how I am overdoing it. I told DH that I was doing as much as my body would let me - and I truly am listening to my body. He was really upset at me, and said I was going to hurt myself. Well, if I am obesessed with this, then it is better than being obsessed with food...HMPH!! SO THERE!!

Elisha - I realize that I never told you about the calisthenics I was doing. Well, basically, it is the good old leg raises (both standing and lying on my side). I do reaches with weights while standing, as well as twisting my upper body from side to side, while the lower part is still (for my waist). This probably sounds like nonsense!! But, I have tried to use the things that don't hurt my back. Hope you are doing well girl!

Julie - Maybe you could try the yoga ball thing while you watch t.v., or you could park your bike in front of the t.v. You can make sure you do a workout on Sat. and Sun. when you have more time, and then do at least 10-15 min. every day- and that will not take much of your time. That 10-15 min. will add up over the course of Mon. - Fri. Just a thought . I've missed talking to you SO BADLY! We need to catch up!! Hope you have an awesome day .

Tracy - YOU DID AWESOME LAST NIGHT!!!!!!! I am so proud of you, and so proud that you are feeling better. I'm envious of your 200 crunches!!! I've been doing 50, and thinking I was really kicking it!! LOLOL!!!!

Joy - I like your FOCUS message! You're going to do great - I just know it!!

MsRD - Hi there! Your challenge goal sounds good too. So..are you and DH almost finished with the car? Will it be like your date car?? LOL!! I forget what kind of car you said it was. My DH is driving me insane wanting to buy an old car and tinker with it..I told him he doesn't even have time to take our cars for oil changes, much less remodel a car! Well, we have this old, old, old firetruck for sale here in our community. It has a bell you ring even. DH has begged for us to buy it. It is neat, but how practical would that be??? LOL!!!

Andrea - Hi there! What kind of motorcycle do you ride? My husband has a VTX Retro, and he works all the time customizing it. I used to ride with him, and I loved it..but he had a bad motorcycle accident last summer while we were on vacation, and I haven't been on the bike since. I just can't. He is disappointed, but I just can't help it.

Mary - How is TOPS going?? How's the dreadmill treating you?? I would love to hear how you are doing.

Alright, my boys are crying to eat breakfast!! Gotta run.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote