Old 01-03-2005, 10:32 AM   #31  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 9

I'm feeling pretty good today. There's a little bit of tension in my muscles from actually working out yesterday after not doing so in literally months, but not too much. Today is straight cardio, no strength training, no pilates, so I should be ok. I haven't decided if I'm going to dig out the stairclimber or pop in a video. I'm thinking about Cardio Kickboxing, but it's only about 30 minutes, and I usually try to do 45 on my Only Cardio days. We'll see. Anyone know any good 45-minute cardio videos? I've decided to use videos and books as my 5-pound-loss rewards, so hopefully I'll owe myself a new video pretty soon. Does anyone know how long TaeBo is? I've always wanted to try that.

On a completely different note, I'm thinking about taking a nutrition class at the local vocational center, if I can work it into my budget (or if I can get a loan from Mom ). If I didn't do well enough on my GRE essays (I should get those results any day now), I'm going to trash the idea of going to grad school for composition, and the only other thing I'm remotely passionate about is nutrition/weight loss, so my other idea is to become a registered dietician. Granted, that means getting another bachelor's, a year-long internship, and passing one heck of a test, but hey, that's nothing I can't handle.
Anyway, that's just speculation at this point. But I really want to take the class. Even if I don't pursue a degree, it couldn't hurt, and it just might let me know if I would like the discipline.

Ok, now I'm just rambling. I have stuff to do, but I'll be around today, rest assured.
Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #32  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

MsRd - I definitely agree with you..we ARE definitely going places this year!! Yay!! And..you know..it won't take you long at all to get rid of that pound you gained. You are so lucky it was just one!! oohhh...I'm jealous!! LOLOL

Lucy -I'm with you on the bathing suit goal. It's really on my mind. We go to the beach a lot, and it would be so nice to be able to wear some sort of suit and not feel as self conscious as he**. Sounds like you are really motivated - way to go!!

Lauren - Sounds like you are really focused too!! Just consider that butter and cheese a little extra calcium boost for you - since your calories were so low, I know it won't hurt that you ate a little extra .

Joy - I, too, want a safe and treat-free home!! With my entire family home the past 2 weeks (my DH is a teacher)..it seems like there have been tons of tempting things about. But, with them all back into school and work, I think I will regain some of my control!! I'm gonna clean out these "treat laden" cabinets!!!!!!!!!! We can do this Joy!

Julie - Girl, you take care of yourself!! Slow and easy, until you feel better. I hope you have a great day today, and that you don't spend all that extra time at the potty! You're in my thoughts and prayers .

Jennifer - And, I am keeping you in my thoughts too!! Isn't today your first BIG DAY ON THE NEW JOB?????????? Oh, I hope you have such a terrific day..you deserve it. Keep us posted!!

Elisha - Your attitude sounds wonderful. You are really motivating me with the exercise. Good for you!!!

---Well, yesterday was good for me. I ate right within my points range, and I drank my water..although I think I need to up it a bit. But still...all in all, it was a good day. And I AM meeting my goal for eating my fruits and veggies, and I have been very mindful of my fiber intake. Today has started well..I'm about to go and take my vitamins - that's one thing I have been neglecting, and since I struggle with my iron levels so much..I think skipping the vitamins has contributed to my lack of energy!!!

Have a blessed day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
((((((((((((((((Hugs!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))
Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:39 PM   #33  

well I haven't been on in a while. I figure that it is a new year so it is time for me to try harder and actually do. I have been bad over this past month and WILL do much better. I am still at 144 which sucks but it is better then gaining so I am fine with it. I did get up this morning and ran for 20 minutes. I may go back for another run this afternoon but that isn't a guarantee yet. Felt good to run though. I plan on doing it again on wednesday.

What do I want this new year?
1. be able to get under 130 (that is 14 lbs)
2. maintain that lose
3. exercise 3-5 times a week
4. be able to run 4 miles without being too winded
5. Tone up more (less of my flabby stomach)
6. Get a job to allow us to do more then "get by"
7. be happy with self more

Basically that is what I want with myself. Hopefully I can achieve some of that if not all. Anyway, that is everything for now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #34  

I'm in!

Goals for the year:
get the weight loss going, and mostly done before the end of the year (see sig)
consistently exercise and make appropriate food choices
buy a bike and start riding
get lots of walking in (I'll do the iditawalk in feb/mar) and start wearing my pedometer daily

Goals for the month:
Start on WW Core
start with exercise classes again
get all my challenges set up
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well I have officially lost 1/2 a pound - not much, I know, but at least that makes my goal of 1-2 pounds a week seem reasonable since that is just 2 days!

I got Subway for lunch with a friend, but still stayed within my limits so I can have a snack this afternoon and a decent dinner.

My only problem seems to be the exercise because my knee is really bothering me. I think I may do my yoga for abs tape so I'm not using my lower body. Still, that is going to make getting cardio in this week tough.

Congratulations to all of you who are doing so well and good luck to those just beginning!

-Lauren
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #36  
Bound and Determined

Howdy chicks!

So today's going ok so far. I was wondering about a new exercise video and Mom brings one home with her--Cardio Boot Camp. 3 15-minute workouts, or one kick butt 45-minute workout. Yeah, so Mom and I do the entire workout this afternoon. Man, did that kick my butt! It's not hard moves or anything, I'll just have to work up to that fitness level.

And then I take a shower, at which point I almost pass out. I don't know if it was cooling down too quickly or what. I have vertigo, and get dizzy fairly often, but this was the worst spell I've ever had. I barely remember drying off, stumbling around the bathroom, then coming to lay down on my bed. I was going to do my Slendercises, but after that I don't think I'm going to.

But food has been pretty good.

Breakfast:
1 cup of coffee with creamer
Honey Nut Cheerios
2% milk
Banana

Lunch:
1 English muffin
Light mayo
1 slice of cheese
1 oz. of deli ham

I'm on my 3rd glass of water, but it's going slower today than it did yesterday. I'll make it though. I'm just going to take it easy for the rest of the evening. I'll find something for dinner, then settle in for a night of movie-watching with some nice hot tea. Perhaps I'll make some cornbread--one of my favorite comfort foods--and actually allow a little butter. I've got enough budgeted calories left.

Ok, my brain just stopped working, but perhaps it'll kick back on later this evening. I hope everyone had a healthy day!
~Elisha
Old 01-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #37  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey all! Later on I will go back & comment, but this is the first 5 minutes I have gotten to myself all day! But what a good day overall!

Today I started in my new position, and I never even had 5 minutes to get an entry in. It was good, productive work, trying to get all this Loan officer’s current files into a database so that all 3 of us working them would be able to access the same stuff at the same time without having to copy & deal with merging all changes. Tomorrow I start setting up the same worklist as I have been using under MoniCow, and sort through the first quarter & what’s closing when. It was a great day...and I brought in 2 new loans from an associate at a title co- there’s half a million dollars in referral business on Day 1. Hopefully that wins me some brownie points

It felt really good to be productive, and to be appreciated for what I’m doing. Finally! Woo Hoo!!!!

There’s a little “thing” between Cindy (little yapper) and the temp they hired permanently to do marketing, Toni. Neither can stand the other, each wants to undermine the other...it’s almost fun to sit back & watch the intricate dance. I’m just there to get my stuff done, and knock my new loan officer’s socks off. I'll have to keep filling you in, because it's the most hysterical thing!

I had to stop for a few items on the way home, so I would have stuff for lunch the rest of the week. Good sales on my canned fruit, and some other stuff. 50.00 and all I left with was 4 bags. Sheesh!

Food was good, exercise was as planned, and I think I’ll even do some light resistance band work with my CSI tonight while I relax. This feels good. I just need to remember this.

Today:

AM exercise
1 mile WATP express with stretchie

Breakfast
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double
1/3 cup soy smart start
1oz skim mozzarella
12oz diet coke
24oz water
vitamins!

Lunch
1 cup whole wheat elbows
2 meatballs (3oz)
light sprinkle of parmesan cheese
pineapple chunks, fully drained

Snack
1 fortune cookie (from the client- couldn’t insult her while taking the application)
1 post-shopping 1oz skim mozzarella string cheese

Dinner
1 can chickarina soup, with extra water to make it more filling. Still trying to get the crap out of my system

PM exercise
30 mins of UB resistance band work

Sorry to be so rushed- Happy new year to all the returning chickies, and welcome LKTS and any other new faces! I promise, more details once I chow down and can take these heels of & this $&#*! bra off!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #38  
"workin' on my fitness"

ok, finally! I feel a little better now!

Julie- hope you are feeling a little better. Sorry you're so miserable- tried to check on you earlier. Feel better, and don't rush to get back to 100%

Lauren, 1/2 pound is still a loss, and better than putting it back on.

Elisha- great idea with the contract, and come on down to get this $&@!! treadmill. I'll even meet you at the state line Can we all pitch in & send you to that class & hire you as our nutritionist? There better be some steep discounts

Heather- same thing- a loss is a loss, and a good start. Keep at it, chickie

Joy- goals look great, and I know you'll succeed.

MsRD- yes- exactly! 2004 was our building year! Love it!

Mary- hope we do see you more often. Missing my Java Turtle Mojo, ya know.

Lisa- chickie, now it's time for you to believe in yourself as much as we do. You can do this. And love the Ralph Marston quote

Lucy- maniac, drop & give me 1000 uber crunches. I won't hound you about the trimspa, but if you are going to be trying to have children in a year, are you sure you want to mess with that in your system? That's gotta negate anything the folic acid is doing. Just an opinion- you know I'll support your ultimate decision.

Gabrielle- 4 miles....geez! You amaze me- you really do. I couldn't run 1 mile if someone was chasing me & I was on fire, or something. Kudos- you give us all inspiration.

Laura- welcome to the group! Glad to have you with us. Tell us more about the iditawalk, please- sounds intriguing!

Ok, chickies...I am off for some "quantity time" with hubby, with my feet up. Have a great night!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

Can I play? My goals for the new year are as follows.
1) Drink 64 oz of water a day
2) Exercise (cardio) for an hour a day
3) Do strength training 3 times a week
4) Walk/run 3 miles a day by the end of January.
5) Lose 20 lbs
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #40  

Hello All!

We were busy busy busy at work today.....and the day just flew by! Before I left, I wrote down reminders for tomorrow....better wear my running shoes! I started off with Cheerios & 2%milk & tea.....lunch was yogurt & crackers......mid-afternoon was a granola bar.....dinner was baked chicken, baked potato, california veggies & cranberry relish & diet coke. After dinner, I got out the new ice cream maker (that I gave DH for Christmas) and made some vanilla ice cream......whoa. That probably stretched the food plan a bit

Lucy.....check out the 3FC home page for an article on TrimSpa......gotta do your research!

Lauren....Water aerobics is a great idea! Have you ever thought of checking out the local school swimming pool.....might be cheaper than membership at the gym or YWCA. In the meantime, just keep moving whatever doesn't hurt!

Elisha.....wow! you are doing great! A nutrition class is a good idea too.....just keep learning!

Squabb.....you are right about the 'renewed spirit'. I think it naturally comes this time of year.....the trouble I have is sustaining that momentum. But that is where my chickies come in! :

Julie.....hope your hand is feeling better. Were you able to get to the doctors today?

Lisa.....thanks for the reminder to take my vitamins. I just look at the food pyramid and know I can't get all my nutrients from food alone! And don't forget the extra calcium we chicks need too!

Gabrielle......welcome back! I am soooo jealous of your ability to just go out and run in sunny CA. This time of year, I drive to work in the dark and come home in the dark! Gotta keep up those aerobics!

LKTS....you have some great goals set! What kind of food plan will you be on?

Lobacal.....welcome! You are so close to your goal......keep up the good work!

Not much evening left now......just enough time to get in some exercise! Have a great evening!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #41  

Smile

Thanks for the encouragement everyone - let's all keep each other motivated!

I have looked at other alternatives for water aerobics, but I am also trying to find a new yoga studio right now. At the Y, I can get the yoga, water aerobics, and access to a gym and a women's fitness center all for one rate - it actually ends up cheaper - I just have NO money to spend right now until my husband's pay checks come in (he just transfered and we are having problems getting past-due pay).

My diet went well today - I got more calories (still under 1200 but more than the 800 I've eaten the past two days) so I have more energy and feel better. My fat grams were still a little high, but within reason.

I have given myself a day off exercise today to try to get my knee better. I took extra celebrex today and hope it will be better tommorow. Regardless, I will do an abs and back yoga workout in the morning.

Keep up the good work, ladies! We'll make it!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #42  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Thank You

Huge thank you's to those of you with direct connections (you know who you are!) My hand is 100% better today. I am baffled by all of this...the pain comes and goes. I did not call the Dr. today because my hand was not hurting...at all!!! I used my hand a lot today too...probably more than I should have and I did take Alleve this morning which may have helped the inflammation, but hmmmm! I'm just so puzzled! I am going to let it go for now, but if any signs of pain start to creep back in, I'm all about going in and seeing the doc!

I am still under the weather with the flu a bit...probably after effects and I have a stiff neck so no aerobic exercise, although I did get in some Tai Chi this evening which felt good to just move a bit! I did haul and lift boxes at work today putting away christmas stuff, so that has to count. I didn't want to do that, but I really had no choice! It has to get done!

Water intake today was well below 80 oz...more like 50 oz.

Food was ok, but could have done without the afternoon snack of nuts and candy corn...or maybe just a small handful would have been enough!

My goal for the rest of this week (Lisa says...) is to "just say no" to those things that tempt me! I can and I will do this! I have to start somewhere!

I weighed today and I am at 171...my body seems to like that 170 number!!!!
I'm tired of it and I am going to get rid of it forever!!!!

So, 169...here I come!!! Watch out!

Chickies...I promise when I start feeling better, I will make comments, but just know that I love all of you and thank you for being here! You are all awesome and I appreciate your posting here and support more than you know! You are all doing so well!

Huge Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #43  

Lobacal - sounds like great goals! To even be thinking of running three miles impresses me! I do well to get around our little lake with my dog! I also love the serenity prayer in your sig.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:19 AM   #44  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Everyone

Not a lot of time tonight... Wanted to say welcome to those new to our group and those returning.

Walked the dogs today. 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) - took about an hour (with bathroom break). Yeah! - I was able to get up the BIG HILL without stopping (525 of my steps). After that I sanded the ensuite for about 2 hours (my arms are sore and tired).

Good food today.... 26/26

Breakfast - porridge oats, yoghurt, banana (5)

Lunch - Wendy's chicken strip salad (10 I'm guessing)

Snack - glass of wine while making dinner (2) White Apple - yummy

Dinner - Moose burger, spinach salad, brocolli slaw (8)

Snack - FF chocolate pudding (1)

Back to work tomorrow. Better get to bed ... no more 1am bedtimes.

Hugs to all - You know you can do it!

Joy
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:49 AM   #45  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks! Hello newcomers, and welcome!

Motivation level: 7

I'm a little sore today from yesterday's workout, but at least I'm not still feeling sick. I was nauseaus all evening from my little spell. I don't know what was up with that. But today is my No Aerobics day, only Slendercises and pilates, which I will do this evening after work.

Bleh... work. I don't want to go back! I have so enjoyed these few days off, and now I feel like it's crunch time again. I've got to have some of my grad school applications done by the end of the week, and I haven't even gotten my GRE scores back yet. I need to know my scores, don't they understand that?!

Today should be an ok day though. Food is easy to control at work, since I only get one break for lunch, and I only eat what I take (most of the time--definitely today, since I have absolutely NO money to eat out). Water isn't so easy though, but I'll probably sneak a bottle to have with me throughout the day (we're not allowed to have food or drinks on the floor, which is ridiculous anyway).

So the scale this morning shows I'm at 204, which is down a pound. I really want a new scale, a digital one with decimal readings. This one is going wacky. I seem to have so many problems with equipment. Why can't things just work the way they are supposed to? When I first stepped on this morning, it said 200, and I thought, "there's no way I lost 5 pounds overnight," and so I tried again, and then it consistently came up with 204. *rolls her eyes*
Oh well, a pound lost is a pound lost. I just think that if I had a decimal scale I could A. Get a more precise reading, and B. See progress quicker therefore keeping me more motivated. That's the idea anyway. Perhaps I will get one this payday, if I have enough funding. And I had about a billion hours on this paycheck (week of Xmas, you know, plus holiday pay), so it's a possibility.

Anyway, I've got to get moving. I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day, and I'll be back this evening.
~Elisha