Old 12-07-2004, 08:05 PM   #61  

Hello

Well have been crummy recently but I counted calories today. Wasn't too bad, under 1600. So I had a cold this weekend but I'm feeling a lot better and planning to exercise tomorrow. I will be 9 and 1/2 stone (133lbs) I will! Weight wise morning weight is 138 so not bad. I'm so close I don't know if 133 will be low enough. I'm still not really that slim. You can have a look in my profile pic if u like. Maybe you'll think "what a difference 20lbs makes" or maybe you'll be pleased it shows better on you. Either way is all good he he.

It is so nice to be home and be able to chill. I love home!

Squabb- Hey thanks for the encouragement, my mum's not caught me up yet so I can make it. Although I'm not aiming as low so I hope she passes me after I meet goal! Only 1 slice of pizza woah.
MsRD- Glad things are going well for you. You always seem to keep on plan.
Clipper- Heya welcome!
Lucy- Ah I hate XP I don't want it but blummin ipods do
Julie- Sounds like it's going well for you. Broccoli soup is ace. Must get blender!
Laura- Don't think I have said hi to you before so here it is "hi!"

Dill/Eilis
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:33 PM   #62  

Height: 5 foot

Hello Everyone! I just want you all to know that I'm back and I'm here! I don't have much time today... as usual... but I'll be back tomorrow to update everyone! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I missed you all!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:12 AM   #63  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Weds. Hump Day!

Morning Chickies!
I didn't have time to post last night, but my day was good, food wise! I did eat OP all day until last night when I had a craving for a bit of chocolate...but I stopped after one! Yea! Drank water yesterday, but still was under a bit...probably around 50 oz. Want to get it back up to around 70 per day!

Still no formal exercise yesterday but I walked a bunch at work yesterday! I think we have most of the decorations up! Thank goodness! My goal is to get everything up and done by Friday and then I don't have to worry about it until after the New Year! I've asked the staff to help with the decorating and they have pitched right in! And to lower my stress a bit, DD's horse lesson was cancelled for tonight so I get to stay home and do some things around here that I didn't think I would have time for this week!

The good news is I weighed yesterday, and although I'm afraid I am losing muscle mass, the scale is showing I'm still at 170. I hadn't weighed in a couple of weeks and was afraid I'd be up to 172 or 173!!!! My lowest was 168, so...that was a sigh of releif! Although...my clothes are fitting me differently...especially pants! I know when I exercise that my A** fits better into my pants...and they (at least the smaller sized pants) are feeling a bit snug (a LOT) snug!!! So this tells me more than the scale anyway and I do need to get back into the routine of exercising...and I know that! Just need to find some mojo to do it!!!!

((((((((((((Jaymi))))))))))))) Welcome back chickie!!! We missed you! Where did you go? ARe you back in Texas, chickie? Hope that all is well! We are going to just get through this holiday and after the first of the year, we are all gonna kick some serious butt!!! You too!!!

Hope everyone else is well! I gotta run!!! Have a great day!!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #64  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks.

Sorry I've been absent for a few days. I haven't had anything good to report, and I've been busy and tired, and now I feel like I'm making excuses. Hey, stick to what you're good at, right?

So I procrastinated on this whole grad school thing, and now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. My diet is nowhere to be seen. Luckily, the scale says I'm not gaining, but I feel like I'm getting flabbier. Maybe after next week, after I take my test, I'll be able to concentrate a little. I don't know. I haven't gone a single step towards my aerobic exercise goal, not one.

I'll get back on track eventually, I know I will. I just don't know if it will be this month. I'll keep trying though, and I guess that is the main thing.

I hope everyone else is doing better than I am.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:50 PM   #65  

Elisha, what are you studying in grad school? I am in grad school as well (plus work) and I know how hard it is to make healthy choices when you are so busy. Best of luck with the end-of-semester push.

Yesterday I did good food-wise, and today I'm on schedule as well. Even though I'm low on sleep (see above grad school comments!) I feel energetic since I've been exercising.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:24 PM   #66  

Hello everyone! Well I was just about to start telling everyone the “scoop” but my daughter just wrote with crayon all over the wall!!! SHEESH! LOL I still need to exercise too! Ok… well since, the crayon isn’t going anywhere…to cut things short… I just basically gave up and gained 20 lbs back. And instead of coming here I just sat around feeling depressed and sorry for myself. So now I took myself off of my BC and am trying again to see if that was causing most of my cravings and sickness, headaches and everything else. It’s all my fault.. I can’t blame it on anyone else. It just pisses me off that I gained 20 lbs in a month and a half… and it took me about 5 or 6 months to lose that much! Let me stop before I make myself depressed again! LOL I just wish I had gotten myself together before it got this far… but too late for that! Now I’m working double hard, cut off meat.. unless you call fish meat… Some people consider it meat… some don’t. Well basically tuna and catfish. Some shrimp. And veggies and fruits. I eat cereal when I get a sugar craving.. Especially since Lucky Charms is my favorite! It helps! LOL So that’s the scoop for right now! I’m trying to exercise either 3 times a day or so.. Only because I don’t have time to do one long workout! I break it up into a couple at a time. I am doing Yoga Booty Ballet…(anyone else heard of that?) Denise Austin, WATP. I barely get a chance to get on the treadmill so that will have to do. Ok.. Now I got to go clean up the crayons.. Some kind of way… and exercise. Julie.. I’m still in SC.. But we are going to TX for Christmas… don’t want to look like crap.. At least not that much!! LOL Talk with you all later! I’ll try to get personal later too
Old 12-08-2004, 08:32 PM   #67  

Hello All

Sorry I didn't post last night....got home late and still had laundry and stuff to do. The party last night as great, and didn't do too badly with the food.....even sent my leftover cookies home with someone else, so they wouldn't tempt me! The Christmas dinner tonight was at the assisted living home where my Mom is.....food was terrible, so no problem there.

Kelly....you are doing such a good job keeping your food on plan! A little more water each day will make a big difference, you'll see!

Squabb....For the holiday parties, I plan on taking only a bite or two of each kind of food offered, and stay away from the dessert table! It has been working moderately well...(#@&# petit fours)! My problem is more the 'unexpected' treats.....where folks walk into the office with trays of homemade cookies and candy. A cooky here, a piece of fudge there.....it doesn't take long to add up!

Julie....work has been super busy (I am an office manager). We have just done our annual physical inventory and now it is up to me (and anyone else I can draft) to input the data and crank out the reports. I have scheduled a little ME time.....am taking a pass on the evening meeting tomorrow. Sometimes you just gotta say 'no'....I can't do it all and am not even going to pretend that I can.

Jaymi.....welcome back! I hear you on the 20 pounds.....I think we can all relate to that! No time to feel sorry for yourself.....back on track! You can do this!

Elisha....stop stressing, chickie! It is time to prioritize your life......grad school is important, so concentrate on that. Stop worrying about the rest..:....you will take care of it when you get the time!

Really should get some exercise in tonight......got a cooky or two to work off!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:40 PM   #68  

Hello everyone! I have a quick update... I did all my exercise... I stayed on plan...so YAY! I'm tired now.. I guess I'll go to bed. Talk with you all later!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #69  
motomom

Default Weds PM!

Evening chickies!

Today's food was not great! I had some "not so healthy choice" foods today. Here's the lo-down:
B-fast coffee w/ creamer, 1 McD's B-fast burrito
Lunch: (at work...too much fat & too many carbs) a piece of "mock" pork patty, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes & gravy, 1/2 cup brocolli drowing in butter
AFternoon snack: Had something, but I don't recall what it was!
PM: Mall food....UGH! Chinese fried chicken, some rice & noodles!

Water: OK...About 60 oz. today, so it's getting better!

Exercise! Zilch! Nada! None!

The attitude: Improving, although still a little stressed about work. It's calming down a bit...this week anyway!

I have a "Girl's Night Out" coming up on Friday...hoping that I can avoid drinking myself silly!!!! But, boy it sure is tempting! I don't even need food if the company and drinks are good!
Seriously, I would like to try to avoid the heavy stuff like I did last weekend (pasta) and stick with a nice chicken salad or something. I don't really mind having salad when I go out...they taste pretty good when someone else makes them!

Chickies...my typing is going to the dogs! I think I need to retire for the night, but I did want to comment to all of you...so just know that I'm sending good vibes to each an every one of you!

Have a great Thursday! Hugs to all!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:30 AM   #70  
Pending Email Confirmation

Evening all

Weigh In tonight - down .4

So this is how the last two days have gone .....
1. Stay OP: /
2. Exercise: /
3. Water/Tea: /
4. Touch Base: (good or bad) /
5. Journal: /
6. Become better organized : /
7. Keep five pound goal in focus: /

I'm tired tonight too, say I'll say goodnight.
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:17 PM   #71  

Hello All

I feel myself going downhill ......somebody throw me a lifeline! Breakfast started ok with oatmeal.....then there was an warm apple bagel on my desk when I got to work.....at lunch, I needed to get out of the office, so went to Arbys and totally lost it: ham/cheese sub & cherry turnover & diet coke! Mid-afternoon, there was a pile of cashews and chocolates on my desk (why do people want to feed me? I mean, it's not like I look malnourished) We went out to the neighborhood bar for dinner.....had a cheeseburger & diet coke and deep-fried breaded mushrooms and chips and...... That must be about eleventy-nine thousand calories, give or take

Squabb.....I am seeing more and more of those little green happy faces on your posts! That's the way to visualize success!

Jaymi.....great job on the exercise! You have got yourself headed in the right direction now!

Sorry to cut this short....got a checkbook to balance, Christmas cards to get ready.....work tomorrow and doctors appointment and party tomorrow night. With all that, I probably won't even have time to eat..........yeah......ok.......
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:41 PM   #72  

Hi everyone! I did my exercises today and stayed OP.. A quick update! I hope everyone is doing great!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:05 PM   #73  

Hi everyone. I thought I'd check in with my progress so far...

Exercise: I walk everyday now but I wanna get in the habit of also lifting weights and riding my stationary bike CONSISTENTLY 3 times a week each. I only do that sporadically right now - Doing better but I'm still not being very consistent with the bike and weights. I'm concious of it now though. I always take my walk. ALWAYS. In the 7 months since I've started this there's only been about 5 times that I haven't gone. Rain or shine. I love my walk and feel weird when I don't go.

Water: I've kinda slacked off. I need to start drinking at least 64oz a day again. Oddly I feel better and seem to lose more when I drink a lot of water? - Water consumption is excellent. I'm getting 90oz or more a day.

Pounds: I wanna weigh 180 by January 1st which would start my new year out with a 100 pound weight loss. - I've lost 2 pounds so far. That leaves 8 to go. I always loose more the last few weeks of the month than the first for some reason so I'm not worried.

Last edited by chaoticfish; 12-09-2004 at 09:12 PM.
chaoticfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:16 PM   #74  
motomom

Default Thurs PM

Evening my chickies!

First of all...MsRD...here's your lifeline...hang on!!!! Got it? Ok...now hold on tight!!! If we go down, we go down together and that is NOT gonna happen! We will just make it through the holidays with a little less will power than normal. It was just ONE day for you! And just take those treats that "mysteriously" appear on your desk and give them to someone else who is more deserving!!!

OK...today I took a mental health day from work! I didn't get diddly squat done around the house but the Christmas cards are almost done and I did make a yummy pot of chicken chilli! Yummy!

We went to Grand Rapids this afternoon (hubby, me and DD) and went out to dinner. I ordered the chicken fajita quesadillas. When the order came, I helped DD cut up her spaghetti and while I was doing that, hubby decided he was going to dip one of his fries in MY sour cream...WITHOUT ASKING!!! OK, now maybe I have a little bit of an issue with this, but when I haven't touched my food, let alone LOOKED at it, it does kind of feel like borders are being crossed when someone does this! So yea...I did say something to him! (He seems to think I have "double standards" with this, I just have asked him that he ASK me if he wants some of my food and I can be the one who determines whether he can or not!!!! And I do ask him if something on his plate looks good...I don't just reach over and TAKE!)) Well, he was pouting the rest of the night! You'd think *I* was the one who comitted a crime!!!! He got a major attitude with me and was angry the rest of the night...came home and went to bed! Geesh! That really makes for a wonderful end to a night! I hate power struggles, so I apologized to him in the restaraunt for my erratic response to his bold move! Seems like I was the one who should have been owed an apology! But hey...life's too short! Right??? I guess he can sulk a bit more before he will just "forget" about it!

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest and put it into perspective! Dang! Over a frickin bit of sour cream! Seems there are more important issues in life!!!!

Overall, food today was good. I did have a glass of wine with dinner (so glad I did!!!! ) But no exercise today! Water was ok. Probably about 50 oz. so far!

Alright chickies...let's find the mojo and get this thing going again! Who's got the mojo right now??? Could you please come and share it with the rest of us!!!!???

Hugs!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:42 PM   #75  

well I didn't get anything done today nor yesterday. Both days I had to bring my husband to the hospital for his appts. Today he had his procedure done and so really didn't have time to do much. That took all of the morning and had to take care of him and Jasmine all the afternoon. Today was a bit better even though we spent the entire morning at the hospital. We also had an interview to see if Jasmine is doing well for her age and her being a premie. We findout later about that. This afternoon, after that, Jasmine and I went to the mall to shop but I was feeling it so only got a book when I was supposed to be shopping for my husband an xmas gift. I guess if I feel up to it then I will shop then. I know what I want for him but can't find it. Anyway, didn't get anything done but will start again as soon as everything seems better (probably this weekend) Well that is all for now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote