Old 12-29-2004, 10:12 PM   #151  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default One more day...

of this week and 3 days off! Yea! I am looking forward to this weekend unlike I did Christmas! What's up with that??? Maybe just glad to have the holidays behind me! Bah Humbug!!!

So much going on around me that I have so much to be thankful for! I need to remember how much I have been given in my life...a chance to be a Mother, a wife and a friend and to serve those in need...what a real gift that is, truly! I read about the Tsunami today in the paper and it brought tears to my eyes. I can not even fathom the devastation that is going on all around those people...losing loved ones, children (one man told about holding so tight to his little boy and having the power of the water force the boy from his arms and watching him as the water stole him from him...so sad!) and having to bury them too! 100,000 people missing...that's what they are prediciting! 100,000 people! I don't even know how many that would look like!

And then yesterday afternoon, one of our sister facilities (a living center) had a fire where the whole facility had to be evacuated. An 85 year old woman (who apparently was smoking in her room) was found dead after the smoke detector was heard going off in her room. Apparently the fire was contained to that room, but she was found on fire! How horrible for the person who found her...and to have died that way! In the midst of it all, workers from other businesses in the area, passersby and local pitched in to help and bring residents to safety. We live in a great country with sad things happening all around us. I need to remember more often to give thanks!

Elisha...So glad to see you back here chickie! I missed you and your daily doings! I am sorry about your cousin. Once again, we need to be thankful for our families, don't we? I will keep him in prayers. Sounds like you need some time off and are managing about as well as the rest of us! Hang in there!

MsRD...cookie withdrawl, eh? I need to be suffering from that!!! The first is only two days away and my body is no where NEAR ready for sugar withdrawl (which it will be doing soon!) Your food sounds much better than my 2 helpings of mac and cheese tonight!! No wonder I'm constipated! LOL!

Scorchin...you are a brave soul, sister! 5 kids in one house!!! Are their parents there??? I have my 3 nephews for a few hours and I am on sensory overload! So give yourself a hug and let calgon take you away!!!!

Jennifer...ahhhh! Time off!!! Isn't it wonderful? I hope to catch up with you this weekend! I am working on my goals...and my problem areas...can we do them ALL???? I think I will start with exercise and start making that a habit because I did and then I stopped. When I am exercising, I feel better. Maybe then, food will fall into place! Some logic there, eh? Well, hope you feel better soon. Take some Vitamin C and get plenty of rest...also some Green tea or Chai (just the tea) is great too! De-stress yourself!

Tomorrow night I am going out to dinner with 2 of my sisters and their children, my DD (total 7 children!) for a Birthday dinner for our Dad! I have to work all day and then drive an hour for dinner! UGH! I know I'll be starvin! So send me positive vibes that I make it through the meal without pigging out and that we are all pleasant to one another! Should be interesting!

Alright chickies...In case I don't get here before the New Year, Happy New Years to all of you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:59 PM   #152  
Pending Email Confirmation

Cool

Hello everyone

I'm afraid that it was not good news at weigh in tonight.... up two (2) pounds. I guess I'm not surprised but when it happens it hits home. I NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK. I don't think I can afford to wait until New Years.

MsRD - I KNOW I'm suffering from sweet withdrawl. It's on my mind all the time. It seems to me that I could easily stop somewhere on the way home and buy a box of cookies or chocolates and eat them all up before I get in the door. I've resisted so far.... Hopefully a few days away from it will put me on the "straight and narrow" emphasis on narrow please. My hubby makes dinner most of the time so I am also left up to his devices. Luckily he's going to WW with me

Scorchin.... Sounds like a busy place at your home..... I have my two grandson's over and it seems noisy and chaotic. New Years is still a few days off.... hope your trying to be mindful of your eating so you don't have a result like me....

Jennifer - great idea to focus on what didn't work. DH and I were discussing how one stressful and hurried evenings we seem to just throw something together. We've decided we're going to plan for the next day the evening before. I definately need to think about encorporating more exercise into my DAILY plan. I'm okay once I get going but I seem to put it off for some reason.... need to figure out the reason and deal with what is stopping me from going.... and it's not for a lack of enjoyment

Elisha - Sounds like you'll be right on track with your scheduled me time.

Well that's it for tonight off to get ready for tomorrow.

Hugs to all.

:-J

Last edited by squabb56; 12-30-2004 at 12:09 AM. Reason: wasn't finished yet hit return too many times
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #153  

Hello All

What a day! We are shorthanded at work because everyone is trying to use up their vacation.......and still trying to get the end of the month/end of the year stuff taken care of! Being busy doesn't give me much time for food......breakfast was oatmeal & tea.....lunch was a granola bar (I was in the midst of a crisis, so there was no time for anything else!)......and DH and DS took me out tonight for dinner - cheeseburger & diet coke. Didn't have enuf water today, as I really feel thirsty.

Julie.....it is too bad that we have to suffer some type of tragedy, i.e. tsunami, before we realize how truly blessed we are. And thankful and proud too of all the folks that are volunteering their time and resources to help out. There seems to be an abundance of sites that are taking donations for this.....please be careful and donate only to reputable organizations, as I am sure this is could be an opportunity for some to cash in on other's misfortunes.

Joy.....Sorry about the 2 pounds.....start getting back on track by making little changes.....in your food, your exercise, water.....so by the time next week rolls around you will be well on your way!

Happy New Year to all!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote