Old 11-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #61  

Hello All !

TGIF and all that stuff.......this week is just going to be written off....nuff said! Forgot to tell you......I was at Applebee's a couple weeks ago and they have a new Weight Watchers menu. I had grilled teriyaki shrimp on wild rice with steamed veggies.....it was delicious!

DH and I are going away for the weekend.....away from the leftover Halloween candy and the easy chair.....gonna eat right and get some walking in. I haven't been doing either, and really feel a little break will get me back on track

Lisa......you are going to wear that pedometer out with all those steps! Great job!

Julie.....doing good with the calorie counting! In order to maintain my present weight (God forbid!), I have to eat 1650 calories per day......so any day I tally less than that is a successful day! (Also calculated my BMI.....let's not go there)

Elisha......love your new inspirational thread. Interesting to see how we are all motivated differently.......whenever i need a kickstart, that is the thread I go to!

Jenn......WOOHOO.......you've got the employers knocking at your door! Obviously, they know talent when they see it! Way to go, chickie!

Got some packing to do......will try to check in Sunday evening....have a great weekend!!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #62  

Argh

Think me and MSRD just posted on top of each other then as mine is no where to be found!

Anyway I had a good weigh in today seems I've not put on weight. I also had good luck as my train got cancelled... so they let me stop off at my parent's on the way to my friends so I get to be home! even just for tonight that's cool. I've had good food today but I need to get into exercise. After being ill at the weekend I had a busy week and so I've not got any in at all I want to look more toned I'm sure I used to look better.

MSRD and Lisa thanks for the support it's nice to get advice from people who understand. All these well adjusted eaters out there just don't get it!
Julie- 1200 is very hard to stick to IMO

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:03 PM   #63  

well today I did my intervals and it was harder then what I expected but I was still sore from yesterday's taebo so I didn't really mind. The good thing though is that I did get through it and ended up doing 5 miles in all. I know that I will be feeling it tomorrow though but tomorrow is taebo and an hour walk which I plan on putting my ankle weights on for. I did most of my situp for the day and only have about 50 left to do tonight before bed which is fine by me. Well that is all for now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:09 PM   #64  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks.

Well, let's see, today. Calories at 1362, good. Water at 60 oz or so, good enough. Exercise... barely. Walked 4.59 miles though. I'm feeling kind of.... I dunno. Not great. (See the Feelings thread--or my journal, it's the same--for further explanation).

I dunno. I think I'm all typed out now. And I should be studying, since that's the reason I'm not exercising. Ok, here I go to study. Have a good night, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:31 AM   #65  
Pending Email Confirmation

Everyone is doing so well! Very encouraging.

Miss Elisha, I thought of my promise to match your Motivation Level 9 often today when I was walk/running. I did put out my #9 effort today. Even did some running at level 6 (which is definately a #9 for me).

I stayed OP today, even had a glass of wine and popcorn & I still have 3 points to use if I want. Drank 64 oz of water so far today.

Dill - Good job maintaining, no gain is always a good thing.

Gabwill - I get worn out just reading about exercise regime. Good on you!

MsRD eating right, getting some walking in and getting back on track are good goals. Have a great weekend away.

Jennifer I've got everything crossed Kidding aside, good luck with the job prospect, sounds like it's your turn for a break.

{{{ hugs }}} to everyone
:-J
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #66  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday Morning!

Morning my friends!

The sun is shining this morning so it's going to be a beautiful day! Two days in a row of sunshine! Can't beat that in November in Michigan!

I feel like I've been negligent in commenting to everyone this week, so I want to comment to everyone this morning!

Joy-Keep up the good work chickie! I'm inspired by your motivation AND your 3.5 lbs gone!!

Elisha-I commented to you on the feelings check, but you are doing so well...one day at a time, chickie! We will get there even though it does seem so hopeless some days! Regrets can be positive if you learn from what you are regretting...and you have! You should be commended on your efforts this past week! I am proud of you!

Gab-Everyone else has said it, but I will say it too. You are blowing us away with your exercise and I am so proud of you that you find time, even with the baby to fit it in! Yea you!

Dill-Glad you are feeling better! I know 1200 is hard to stick to, but I need to do something in order to start losing again! I am going to try to keep it between 1200 and 1300. I gotta stay away from the chocolate! That might help!

MsRD-Here's to a relaxing/refocusing weekend for you! How do you calculate BMI? (I first typed BM...LOLOL!) I wish I had my own personal trainer/chef & conscious!!! LOL! I need MORE WILLPOWER to stay away from those blasted chocolate bars!!! Want to do a personal challenge here with that??? Let me know!

Jennifer-Good luck on the potential new job, chickie! I'm rooting for ya!

Lisa-My friend! Thank you for always being so positive with everyone! You are awesome, chickie! And doing just great! Stay motivated so I can, ok? We will do this thing together!

Lucy-Thanks for your thoughts on freedom! Sorry that your neck of the woods is at odds with each other. I know that's gotta be tough. You are doing super, my friend! Keep on keepin on!

Jaymi-Where ever you are and whatever you are doing, my thoughts are with you, chickie! I hope you are doing something positive for yourself today! Hugs!

Mary-Haven't seen a post here in a day or so! Hope you are well and getting in those steps!

If I forgot anyone else, I'm sorry! Not intentional! Just scrolled to the bottom of the page and remembered only two that weren't there! Hope you all have a super weekend!

My goal for the weekend is to get in my exercise (at least 2 miles aerobic walking daily) and UB workout (seems weekends are the only time I have for that, so at least that's better than nothing!) We are going to the mall this afternoon, so there will be lots of walking (and lots of temptations which I need to remind myself will be there when I am maintaining, and resist them now when I am trying to lose!) I'm going to see if I can find another pedometer today. I still have some $ left on my gift card at Circuit City and I know they have one which is a step up from the one I have, but it's $30.00. I'm pretty sure I can find one cheaper!

The other goal I have is to really stay conscious of my calories, sugar and fat intake! Need to stay with healthy choices (fresh veggies & fruit and more protein!) I find that if I lean more toward those 3 things, that I don't tend to be as hungry...and thanks Jennifer for that article!

Well gotta get moving. Hubby will be home from work soon and I still need to workout, shower and get the kitchen cleaned up! DD is watching Spirit and drawing horses! She's smitten with horses, can ya tell?

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:44 AM   #67  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 6

Ok, so that one single back spasm yesterday was more than I thought, because this morning I am stiff and sore and moving slow. But hey, at least I'm up.

Other than that, today is going to be an ok day. Work will be incredibly slow, since our iniversity's homecoming football game is today, and no one is ever shopping during football games here. Which is fine with me. I'll get some inventory done, and some organizing, which definitely needs done.

I haven't decided if I'm going to my friend's house tonight or not. There's going to be a bunch of people there that I don't particularly want to hang out with, and no place to sit (because there will be a bunch of people, and it's a small apartment). However, if I stay in town I can wait for Steve to get home from Baltimore and then go see him without having to drive 30 minutes. Or maybe I'll just come home and study and make him come see me.

For now I have decided that studying is more important. That does not mean, however, that I am giving up on exercising. It just means that I need to get my priorities straight. I have one month to study for this test which in part determines my future (if only the next couple of years); I have the rest of my life to lose weight. While part of me feels like that is shirking responsibility, I gotta do what I gotta do, and this whole grad school thing... well, I gotta do it. And as I said, I'm not giving up on losing weight, I'm not even postponing it. I'm just saying it's #2 on the list for now. And they don't overlap for the most part, so there's no reason I can't do both. It's just that when it comes down to one or the other, I've gotta go with my education.

Wow, that sounds like I needed to talk myself into it. I guess I did. Rationalization at its best.

Ok, off to a slow day at work. Have a great one, everybody!
~Elisha
Old 11-06-2004, 01:16 PM   #68  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

I would like to join this challenge. My goals for this week are as follows:

* Drink half my weight in water daily
* Journal all my food at FitDay.com
* Exercise 3 times this week
* Measure myself and track at MyBodyComp.com

Jan C.
winterstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #69  
motomom

Default Sat evening

Jan...Welcome! The more the merrier! Make yourself at home and be sure to check in with us daily to let us know your progress and/or struggles! We are all here for ya!

Alright chickies...Today was a good day! My calories came in at around 1300 (which is a far cry from the last two days around 1700) but I discovered something today! That I was hungry eating only those few calories! What's up with that??? I ate rather balanced too, since I figured out my Fat (28%), Carbs (45%) & Protein (31%) percentages. I figured that if I want to stay at around that caloric amount, I need to up the fiber filled foods and nix the sugary/flour carbs! Which, in my opinion is much more healthy for me, but so much more work and prep!!! But I MUST persevere!

Walking today was a bit lower than my weekday...around 9300 steps (translates to around 4 miles) I did get in my power walk tonight, though and although I should have, I didn't do my UB workout! I will HAVE to do it tomorrow. Found a good article on that (upper body/specifically triceps) which I will add to the Article Thread!

Water was ok! Probably around 64 oz. I need more, for sure but coffee sure tasted good today! It's a bit chilly around here! Brrrr!

Tomorrow I plan to stay on plan! I need someone else to check in here with me just to assure me that not everyone has jumped ship this weekend!
Gotta stay away from the sugar, drink the water and do the workout (s)!

Hugs to all!
Old 11-07-2004, 12:50 AM   #70  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hey Hikein, I'm here ... and I'm checkin' on you and checkin' in Yup, don't we all "Gotta stay away from the sugar, drink the water and do the workout (s)!"
You can make your carbs work better for you by going for more grains. These will turn to sugar at a slower rate and keep you satsified longer. i.e. whole wheat pasta, sprouted grain (no flour) bread, brown or wild rice. etc. Are you having three servings of dairy daily? Are you having protein with each meal? A nutritionist I saw recently told me that you should have one serving of each food group at each meal, and not double up on any i.e. cheese pizza, not cheese and pepperoni pizza, hamburger not cheese and bacon burger (triple up), toast and hashbrowns, etc. Hope that this helps

Welcome Jan , Sounds like you have some good goals there. I tried to get on to Fitday.com from my computer and it says it is only available in the US, did you have any problems?

Stayed OP today, despite having my parents over for dinner. Amazingly, even after dessert I have 2-3 points left to use. I thought up a new dessert and it was kinda good. For five of us, I mixed a 500 g tub of NF cottage cheese, with an equal amount of ultra light cool whip, stirred it up well, topped it off with a canned peach half and a sprinkling of cinamon. Tasted great and I figure it was only about 3 WW points.

Had a lot of running around to do today, so I didn't get my exercise in, and I'm a little low in the water department too. Seems that happens on the weekends. I'll have to work on it.

Talk to you all tomorrow, hope everyone is have an enjoyable weekend.

:-J
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 12:41 PM   #71  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!
Well, I guess it's just barely afternoon. Whatever.

Julie, I'm here for ya, chick!

Yesterday was ok, but not for my diet. Dad got KFC for dinner, and for some reason it just tasted like the most delicious thing I had ever eaten. I limited myself to one piece of regular, plus one honey barbeque wing. Then I went to Kyla's and had tortilla chips and guacamole. That seems to be our new get-together food. At least it's the "good fats," right?

Got in 4.14 pedometer miles yesterday, but no formal exercise. My body wasn't cooperating with me yesterday, I was stiff and sore and achey all day. There will be exercise today though.

Steve is coming over for dinner tonight. Mom is fixing a ham and mashed potatoes and the works. I'll be ok though, since I didn't get up until noon I only need to eat 2 meals today! We're cleaning the house today, I need to hem some pants, Mom and Dad are building us a new kitchen door (Mom busted the glass out of our old one). Going to take some pictures of me and Steve, since I don't have any of either one of us. I will try to post some online when I get them developed. (Yeah, I know, I've been saying that for months...)

Ok, I need to go get started doing something. I'll most likely be back this evening. Have a great Sunday everyone!
~Elisha
Old 11-07-2004, 01:25 PM   #72  
motomom

Default Sunday Afternoon!

Elisha & Joy, chickies...so glad you are here!

<Sigh!> I KNOW I've already had too many calories today, but dang it! I'm gonna quick post this and go for 2.5 mile walk! Yea baby! It's cooler and windier today, so I'm gonna wear the hat! My ears get to hurtin otherwise!

So far today I had 1/2 bagel w/ 1.5 T. veggie cr. cheese, a cheese stick, a cookie at church (very small one!), coffee w/ low carb creamer. Then we went to the mall after church to exchange a pair of flannels I bought for DD yesterday (picked up the wrong size!) and had some chinese! Did get in a serving of veggies, some non-fried chicken, some rice, but did have some fried orange chicken, too! I hope I can redeem myself with the walk today and eating healthier the rest of the day!

Well, I need to bust a move! Gotta get going!

Joy...thanks for the tips on the eating only ONE from each category. That might be useful! And where do you get that kind of bread? I'm not much of a bread eater, so that's not a biggie for me, but I do like to have a loaf on hand for a quick sandwich from time to time! I currently use Pepperidge Farms whole grain which has the highest fiber content and the least carbs I can find in the grocery store!

Elisha...good luck with the workout today. Hope your back is better! Ham dinner sounds yummy! Maybe make yourself a salad to go with that! Ham is so full of sodium! But I do LOVE it! Can't wait to see the pics of you and your darling!!!

Take care everyone! Hope everyone else is having a productive weekend!
Oh hey...I wanted to tell you that if you haven't visited Flylady.com, you need to go check her out if you are in desperate need of tips for keeping the house up, the kids, etc!!!! It's a great resource! I spent the better part of last night researching and putting together a notebook! I feel good!

HUGS!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:02 PM   #73  

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Just got home......we were visiting some friends this weekend and attending a car swap meet....basically a much-needed getaway weekend. I did NOT exercise, had nearly NO water, ate like a pig........and, totally relaxed. Oddly, that little time away seems to have reset my priorities and I am ready to commit to a new week! (needless to say, weigh-in will be postponed til next weekend)

Jan.....welcome aboard.......we always love have new folks here. You have great goals and we are looking forward to hearing of your success!

Squabb.....great new dessert! I love peaches and cottage cheese.....just never thought about 'dressing it up' a bit.

Dill......glad you got to stop over at home......maybe a little pampering by family is what you need after your week!

Julie.....the Halloween candy is GONE......what a relief! Now, I don't have to worry about those temptations ....until I start baking for Christmas! The BMI (body mass index) is a scientific measurement where you divide your weight in kilograms by the square of our height in meters. To calculate your weight in kilograms......take your weight in pounds and multiply by .45357237. To get your height in meters.....take your height in inches and divide that by 2.54. This will give you your height in centimeters......so divide that by 100 to get your height in meters ........OR you can do like I did and search the web for 'body mass index' and any of the sites will calculate for you. Generally, if your BMI is below 20, (unless your are a professional athlete) it is too low and could lower your immunity......... BMI 20-22 is ideal......22-25 is still ok......25-30 and you should lower your weight with diet and exercise......over 30 and they call you 'obese' and your health could be severely compromised.

And, on that happy note, I really have to go unpack, catch up on the laundry, and pick the dog up at the kennel.......

Last edited by MsRD; 11-07-2004 at 03:17 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:24 PM   #74  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Default Sunday Afternoon

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I like setting attainable goals and having someone to hold me accountable.

Joy - I have never had trouble with FitDay.com and you can see I live in Canada as well.

I measured myself yesterday and have entered the data at MyBodyComp.com. I really like this site because its tracks the percentage of fat you are losing, as well as other information. So if I do not see the scales budging, I do see I am losing fat and gaining muscle.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
winterstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:39 PM   #75  
A work in progress

Ok, I am new to forums and to this site. I am not sure how this group works, but I do know that I need support and motovation. I know what works for me, it is just sticking to it. Thanks in advance.
bluekat is offline   Reply With Quote