Old 11-09-2004, 03:40 PM   #91  
LucyKitty

Squabb - The lights were super bright last night -- the sky down here (near Everett, really, more than Seattle) was bright orange all night, part of it was purple. Clouds screwed with the -real- northern lights, but lit the sky up beautifully! It's going all this week, so I'm sure you can see it, if I can see it from my well-lit apartment complex along a busy street! Komotv.com has a ton of great pictures in their "weather photos" section from around here, and some from up north near you, lots close to Bellingham. I bet you can see it from outisde your place -- I hope so!

Julie - I never stay up late in my old age (ha ha ha...), hardly ever past 11 or 12, really, even on weekends. Man, that's sad! We went out around 10pm both nights & saw just an awesome show. Nasa's website has a bunch of pictures from your area, too. AWESOME!

I have awesome news for meeee! Tonight we've got an appointment to meet with the lawyer, and we're bringing the checkbook! YES!! DEBT FREE FINALLY!!! This has been a major weight on my shoulders for the past 2 years while we've been trying to file, and it's caused fights, stress, and poor food choices for both my husband and myself.

So far, food was borderline crappy today. I woke up from a dream where everyone around me was dressed like a Trekkie, and I was very confused and upset when I awoke to my husband sitting on the bed in a red shirt and black slacks. I thought he was a Trekkie, too, and I was upset. But I had a bad headache and some massive heartburn, so I had 1 cup of honey nut store brand cheerios, which aren't too bad. Killed the heartburn, but it was an extra 110 calories I wasn't planning to use today. *sigh*

Breakfast was -actually- a light bagel with fat-free cream cheese and 1 cup of V-8, which has brought back the acidic demons of my intestines. Gah! I want my nexium back!

Lunch is shaping up to be a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some veggies to munch, then probably a nap. I'm tired! Dinner is up in the air, still, but we might make a quick store run after the appt. anyhow. I'm out of conditioner....

No workout today. Today is my "off" day for the week, since I'll be on my feet all day for the next 3 days in a row, and iwll be working out those days as well. I just want a slow, relaxing day. I did my whole workout yesterday, so I don't feel too bad.

Saturday is shaping up to be packing/storing day. Hubby & I are going to tackle the spider-infested outside storage room (which houses the hot water heater, thus spiders... EW!), clean it out completely, and move all the storage boxes & all of that into the storage bedroom here, packed & totally complete! He's hopefully getting the big managerial raise in January, so we'll definitely be moving in March of 2005, hopefully into a decently big house with a small fenced backyard and a 1-car garage. YAY!

As for the rest of today... I might just make myself a batch of low-fat microwave popcorn this afternoon (at 40 cal per cup, I don't feel bad...) and snuggle in for an afternoon of reading and snugglin' the animals!

Hope you are all having an awesome day! I'll update later!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #92  
A work in progress

Donna, I wouldn't get too excited over the 6 lbs. It might just be water, but my blouse and jeans aren't as tight. I lost 3 lbs 3 weeks ago, went PMS and gained it right back and just discovered it is gone again with 3 more today. I feel better anyway, am drinking lot more water and not so much tea. Hope this helps.
Shirley
bluekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:46 PM   #93  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi everybody! I had a pretty good day today. I'm finding the past couple of days hard. The weather here has changed to a cool crisp feeling, and that seems to make me hungrier. It happens every year. Don't worry, I'm staying with the challenge...but I have been extra hungry and extra tempted the past couple of days...*sigh*.....

Joy - WTG with the exercise this morning! You're doing awesome girl!!

Donna - 2 pounds?? You just keep on having good weigh ins!! I am so proud of you! Now.....could you please post this weekend?? Pretty please???? LOL!

Dill - Good job of not going crazy with the snacks!!!

Julie - Sweetie, I hope you feel better today! I really do. ((((Julie)))).

Bluekat - 6 pounds is terrific!!! Looks like you and I are in opposite parts of the state!

Lucy - did you get an afternoon of reading and snuggling??? I sure hope so!

Have a terrific evening everyone!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:16 PM   #94  
A work in progress

Well today was my anniversary, dh was very nice and brought home flowers, no candy thank goodness. The day went well. I had 5 nuggets, 2 eggs and a piece of toast for breakfast. I made tuna salad for lunch, ds had 1/2 of it, and I only ate 1/2 of mine. I also had V8 with both meals. Tonight I had a salad with 2 pieces of boneless oven bake chicken. 3 tiny pieces of bite size candy for dessert. I drank a 20 oz bottle of water and only 2 cups of tea today. Still drinking water. Yes I got my exercise in. Dh was happy with the weight loss.
Shirley
Old 11-09-2004, 09:59 PM   #95  

Hello All

I was just reading thru your posts.......you are all doing so well......and I feel like such a dud right now. A month ago, I went on vacation, and the diet plan was left by the wayside.....and I haven't been able to get back OP since! (I am doing better this week, but still haven't got the food and exercise back up to where it should be) I have to learn that this new plan has to be a *permanent* change of lifestyle. I have to be aware of every morsel that passes my way, because, once I waver, the battle is lost. There are days it all seems so overwhelming......to have to be ever-vigilant, constantly struggling....with the goal almost impossibly far away! All right....done whining now......pulling myself by the bootstraps and forging ahead!

Jan.....welcome! We always love to see new faces!

Bluekat.....another welcome! and Happy Anniversary! How thoughtful of DH to bring you flowers and forego the sweets!

Lisa.....you're down 2.5lb! All that work is paying off!

Lucy.....a size 14 is too big? That has got to be my wildest dream! Thanks for the great advice of pushing the workout.....will give it a try tonite!

((Julie))....I hope you are feeling better. Isn't is strange how sometimes our moods come not from within, but as a response to the people and events around us? Take a deep breath, chickie, and know you can depend on us!

Dill......great job on partying and avoiding the snacks too! That takes some real inner strength!

Donna.....and you are down 2 pounds too! What an inspiration!

I have a whole list of things to do tonight......so will sign off and wish you a pleasant evening!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #96  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tuesday Check In!

I honestly didn't have time to "weigh in" today! I was busy from the time I woke up until just now! Gads! Days like this are great, but leave me feeling exhausted!

Food Eaten today:
B-fast: 2 cups coffee w/ low carb creamer, 1 turkey & low fat swiss sandwich on whole grain bread w/ a smidge of Lite Miracle Whip!
Lunch: Peach Crisp (made at work in the kitchen so I'm sure was full of fat and sugar, but I justified it anyway with the "fruit & fiber" thing! It was yummy!), Garlic chicken, some rice & 2 Crab Rangoons from a Chinese place! Ouch!
Supper: 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, 3/4 cup pineapple
*Side Note: No chocolate today! Yea me!!!

Exercise: OMG...I exceeded all records since...well probably forever! LOL! I walked over 17,000 steps today (and that was at 6pm when I took off the pedometer!) That's over 8 miles! I did 1.5 of those this morning as a "brisk walk"! The rest was at work! Yes...my doggies hurt tonight! I didn't wear my tennies all day, except to walk in this morning!! UGH!

Water: Hmmm...40 oz. at work, 33 oz after work...not enough! I need to go drink a bunch more...naw...not this close to bedtime! I'll try to make it up tomorrow! Gotta get rid of that sodium from that Chinese food!

((((MsRD)))) Thank you! Yes! It's so true...how we respond to others is certainly a by product of who we are today! You know...all that psychotherapy babble!!! LOL!!! I really and truly despise the fact that I allow myself to feel this way, but when you are married, it all factors into the equation, doesn't it? UGH! I'm feeling much better tonight! We went to our class together (FPU, in case anyone is a Dave Ramsey fan) and he has comitted to the next 13 weeks, so I hope his thoughts about "knowing it all" will change here soon to "practicing it all"...and "respecting thy spouse"!!! LOL~! Sorry...random rant, there!
BTW, those vacations are horrible things, aren't they? I allowed mine to control me since July! No more, though...I'm getting back into it! One day at a time...we can do this...together!

Bluekat (aka Shirley) Happy Anniversary!!! You didn't go out to celebrate the weight loss and anniversery??? I'm so proud of you! Why do we always have to celebrate with food, anyway? That's what got us where we are, isn't it? Keep it up chickie...you are going to blow us all away!!!

((((Lisa)))) Thank you!!! Wish we could chat! I'm going to bed early tonight, though! I'm whipped! Good for you on not giving into temptations! I'm so proud of you!

Lucy...I'm so jealous that you got to see the NL last night...again! It clouded over here by the time they were supposed to be out! I'll try again tonight but I will probably be sound asleep by then!

(((((Donna))))...Glad that you are feeling better...one day at a time...and thank you for your good thoughts! I'll be ok, really! It's good that I get those things off my chest because I do "stuff" everything and then major explosion happens! Not pretty! Congrats on the 2#!!! Did being sick contribute to that??? It's still coming off, chickie...you and me...we are slow movers! It's ok! We will get to the "finish line" some day!

Dill...Your life sounds so busy! And guess what? 260 miles is a LONG way no matter where you are...especially if you take a train!!! I love reading your posts...feels like I'm in a different country...no wait...YOU are!!! LOL!!

Joy, Mary, Jennifer, and Elisha & Jaymi...Where are you all? Hope you haven't fallen off the face of the earth!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:22 AM   #97  
A work in progress

First of all what is a vacation, I don't think I have ever been on one of those. LOL The last one that was called a vacation was over 12 years ago with my grandparents. My grandfather's idea of a vacation was riding in a van looking at the scenery through the Blue Ridge Parkway. No trail hiking, just riding and eating and it was my job to get up first every morning to get everything ready.
As far as the anniversary goes, we use to go to the fair to celebrate, we would walk around, I would go on about 3 rides and eat a funnel cake. Well the fair is costing too much and going down hill. Lately it is about staying home and saying "I love you" several times. We are definately getting old or at least older. LOL
Congrats on all the weight lost and staying on track. It will take me a while to remember who is who. For those of you slightly off track, tomorrow is a new day.
For me the battle is a life long thing. Even on a vacation, if I ever get to take one, I need to watch what I eat. I forgot about the couple of handfuls of popcorn today and I did get a nap in. My sinus problems has turned into a head cold, at least it is not in my chest, knock on wood. The northern lights sound pretty.
Well I am going to hit the shower and turn in, this cold is taking it's toll on me.
Shirley
Old 11-10-2004, 12:51 AM   #98  
Pending Email Confirmation

I did get up early and get my water running in this morning. Plus a couple 1/2 mile walkes during my breaks. Water was ok probably at 64 oz at this point (8pm). My day was OP until dinner.

It is BIL's birthday, he boards at our place while building a new house, and we had a special dinner which wasn't TOOOO bad, but the carrot cake to top if off probably blew my points for the day. I haven't quite figured it out, but I'm sure I'm into some of my 35 weekly flex points, which means I really didn't out. I hope you understand my reasoning here (kinda circular thinking". I really am on track if you think of it the right way.

Lucy - I'm going to look outside right after my post to see if I can see the NL. We live just 2 miles north of the US border in a rural area, so if they are out -- we will see them. Hope you had a nice off day. Sounds like you'll be busy for the next few days, you probably needed the rest.

bluekat - Have you taken your measurements and recorded them. Sometimes they are very helpful in showing where you've lost weight. A good non-scale victory opportunity, usually when you need it.

Donna - Woo Hoo you lost 2 pounds forever - WTG! I find the WW flex points plan is more liveable for my hubby and me. I think it is a plan you can follow to make a total lifestyle change. That's my story and I'm sticking to it (oops starting to hum - better move on)

hikein2005 Sounds like you're pulling your self out of your funk. Glad to hear it. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help {{{ hugs}}} I used to have a job in a warehouse until about nine months ago, when I changed to an office job. I'm sure I must have been logging the daily mileage you are. I gained about 20 pounds within the first six months of changing jobs. Now I really have to make sure to exercise, go to the gym, get moving any way I can.

MsRD - I cannot agree with you more about the lifestyle change. I have to justify my extra eating to ensure that I don't go off program. Then I won't give myself an opportunity to stop monitoring my food intake. Does that make sense. I really need to make this last the rest of my life. I don't want any more things to go wrong with me... ie diabetes.

Dill - I wish I were shopping for new smaller clothes - but not quite yet ready. Soon I hope.... It's be a long while before I'm fitting into size 12's not matter who makes them.

lisa girl - If you are hungrier, remember you can always eat more of the right foods, i.e. veggies. Hubby and I are making a modified Pumpkin thai soup that has only 1 point per cup....

Elisha -- where are you??? Studying???? Hope all is going well.

Well goodnight and have a super on track day tomorrow.

Wish me luck for WI tomorrow

Hugs
:-J
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:29 AM   #99  

Heya

So yesterday wasn't THE best as I started badly with the meat and cereal bars. Didn't particularly pig out the rest of the day but I didn't keep count. Need to be good today. Seems I can only be good 50% of the time which isn't enough to lose. I put a pic in my profile if anyone is curious. It is before and after- hope you can tell the difference. I need to write a good essay this week, make up for some rubbish ones!

Donna- yay 2lb!
Lucy- debt free, that must be cool.
Lisa
MSRD- You're not a dud. I've not lost weight since September so I'm not doing all that well! Do you have any nice close attainable goals? That tended to motivate me just aiming for a couple of lbs at a time.
Julie- 8 miles, that's fab and no chocolate. FPU, I just googled it looks very American.
Lisa- hunger sucks! I always get hungry at night after I've eaten all my calories. I advise not eating cereal bars in my experience lol.
Joy- Yeah you're better off seeing the positive side, I always try do that but instead decide I've ruined the day and eat more!

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:25 AM   #100  

Shirley - How great that yesterday was your anniversary!! How many years? Sorry to hear you have a cold..those can be so miserable! Take care of yourself. You were mentioning the Blue Ridge Parkway...it is so pretty. I really like it there..I'm not quite that far north. Have a good day!

Dill - Hi there! Hope you get that essay all done up! You are doing a good job, Dill. That 50% of following your plan will turn into a much higher percentage I know. (((Dill))) You can do this! We'll help you .

Joy - The WW flex plan seems to be the ONLY thing that works for me. It just makes sense to me. Good for you in getting in your water running!! I am taking Sam-e...I was reading about how it helps arthritis. I think it is really helping me! Hope you have a super, OP day today!!

Julie - Goodness!! You were on the MOVE yesterday girlie! Glad to hear you didn't have any chocolate!! And I hope you have a good day today...you're doing terrific!!

MsRD - You're not a dud in the least!! I really like your "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" attitude!! You go get em girl! Next week, you'll be journaling a weight loss..just wait and see!!

Donna - You still feeling better, girl?? Hope you have a fabulous day!!! You're kicking some butt with this challenge!!

Alrighty, I haven't said anything...but Jennifer, Elisha, Jaymi..........get your butts back here and journal! That is a direct order. I mean it. Even if it is just a fly by quick post.........GET ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you. And, I care about you!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #101  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default I'm still here.

Hi Chicks. Yep, I'm still here. Haven't been getting on line much at work .That's a long story. But I'm still hanging in there. I've not been applying myself enough, but I've not gained nor given up. I keep thinking if I can lose a little bit without trying really hard, then if I knuckle down and grit my Turtle teeth and WORK IT, then I might be more successful. I'm thinking that going off of birth control pills was a great idea. As long as we don't have an "oops." Every day is another chance to do better. A Turtles' got to do what a Turtles' got to do. Go Turtle. Go Turtle.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:12 PM   #102  

(((((mary!))))) Keep on truckin, Turtle! You can do it!!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #103  
A work in progress

Cool

Joy, I have not measured myself, don't really want to know. I do know that my clothes are lose. I started wearing men's jeans when I was about 30. I have long legs and finding pants that were long enough during the 80's was hard. It happened that my hubby and I have the same inseam measurement even though he is 6' and I am 5'5". The waist was a little big and he wore 1 size up from me. We were both thin in those days and I wore a size 9. Well due to my cooking and his lifestyle (he drove a semi truck over the road and was sitting down a lot) he gained, then of course I gained. It was just easier to grab his pants when mine didn't fit, especially when it was that time of the month. Well he finally came off of the road and as long as he moves about, his body burns fat, but due to various health problems he won't be thin again, he retains too much water and swells up from arthritis but he is 1 jean size smaller. Now his jeans fit me except in the waist, won't quite snap. I have gained most of my weight in the tummy area due to menapause or rather pre menapausal stage. I look like I am pregrant. Not good at all. I burn fat when I exercise, which is what i am going to do when I get off of the computer. I use to ride a bike for 20 minutes a day, looks like I need to get a new bike. My biggest problem is actually doing the exercise. My favorite things to do are sedatary (sp?) like quilting and fiber art and reading. We don't have much in the yard to do, but I am hoping to change that this spring with a flower bed and tree planting, but that is down the road. I get real bored with formal exercise. So this is the area I need to work on.
Lisa, I love the Blue Ridge Mountain area, hope to go back one day. The last time was the trip from ****. The girls were 8 (twins) at the time and they were couped up in that van all day and of course we had to get up early and everybody waited for me to jump start the day. And of course when I suggested doing something, my grandfather discourged it because he didn't want to do nothing but ride. Ugggg never again. Tim and I have been married 16 years. Long time, it is a 2nd marriage for both of us. We have 3 kids, 2 from my first marriage (twin girls now 20 and in college) and a 11 year old boy who takes after my dear sweet hubby and is thin as a rail and very active. Well I am off. going to exercise before I do anything else.
Shirley
Old 11-10-2004, 02:26 PM   #104  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

hey there chickies! It has been ridiculously busy here, but tomorrow I am off for Veterans' Day and I am planning to come catch up here, and also catch up on my mileage.

Just a few things...I have been playing phone tag with the recruiter- she is up in NY for meetings this week, so we keep missing each other. Friday I have to send her my resume, and then hopefully next week I will get a call, and have an interview set up. Arrrrgh! Well, at least it has only been 2 years since my last interview. Before that, it was 10 years, and man, I was a nervous wreck. At least I am thinner for this one than I was for the last one! One good thing.

I got shafted out of having this Friday off, thanks to the bovine I work with. She suddenly decided-after I already had the day approved- that she wasn't going to be here. Of course, crap rolls downhill, and as the bottom of the barrel here, we peons get stuck coming in. Would you believe that in an office of 22 people, 3 peons will be here, and 1 loan consultant, covering the floor that day. Unreal. Just gotta love that one.

Anyhow, we are all going on strike on Friday. You can make us come in, but you can't make us work. Especially since we're going to be sitting here staring at each other. Manager is taking the long weekend, too. Maybe I should bring in my cross stitch & get that project finished up. That's an idea...

Back is feeling a little better...time to get back on the bike, and start back at the WATP (more slowly this time, not like a chickie possessed!) to get my miles in for the month.

Miss ya chickies- so good to see some new faces, too- I promise, tomorrow, I read, and catch up!

**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #105  
LucyKitty

Pssh... people get the day off 'cause it's Veterans Day?! SO not fair!

I am shaking and drenched in sweat -- my leather PC chair is going to need a serious cleaning tonight! Did my whole workout in front of the TV today, just needed a change. It felt good... kept my mind off of how I felt. Kept my stamina going, too! WOO!

I know people said stuff to me on here, but I don't really have time to respond today. Busy morning, huge sale today, must find something lightweight for work that still looks good in my horrendously sweater-filled closet! BIG sale starts today, and I have a feeling it may be extremely busy tonight, and I close alone. I need to be mentally and physically prepared!

Found some mass cute argyle trouser socks last night, made my whole day.

OH! We met with our official lawyer last night, and she gave us the paperwork and we wrote her a check! WOOOO!!! Hubby & I are having lunch late this afternoon & we have a plan. Grab a couple of subs and head back to the parking garage to fill out the forms as best we can. Once we've filled it out, we make an appointment and then find out our court date! YAAAY!! I'm so totally stoked!

Anyway, drenched and hungry today. Already downed 1 bottle of water, which was rad and had a touch of lime to it. YUM! Gonna go fix myself something yummy and filling for breakfast and get my butt in the shower! WOO!

Hope you're all having an awesome day, and I'll check in more thoroughly soon!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote