3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   The Turkey Waddle Walk-Away 100 Mile Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/48645-turkey-waddle-walk-away-100-mile-challenge.html)

Hotcupojava 10-31-2004 09:07 PM

The Turkey Waddle Walk-Away 100 Mile Challenge

Ready for November? :dunno: ? Not sure? I am! :cheer: I'm going to make it to 100 miles this time. :goodluck: Want to come along? Please join us in our November's Turkey Waddle Walk-Away 100 Mile Challenge. Post your goals, posts your miles, post your progress, or just post for fun, it's always easier when you lean on your fellow chicks :gossip: (or turkeys for that matter :lol: ). Tomorrow is a new week, a new month and a new chance to "GET IT STARTED!"
:coach: :tread: :dancer: :cheer: :jig: :eating2: :goodscale :bravo:

miss_elisha 10-31-2004 09:52 PM

Count me in!

I got the 100 pedometer miles in last month no problem, I think I might go for actual aerobic activity this time! :lol:

Let's get moving, chicks!
~Elisha

scorchin 11-01-2004 12:11 AM

Thanks Elisha for the email....
I would love to join the challenge. I have a couple questions if I were going to use aerobic activity how would I count that in miles and a staionary bike(mine doesn't count miles)?
We can do it!

Heather 8-)

squabb56 11-01-2004 12:13 AM

Here's another Turkey for your 100 mile Waddle Walk Away. .... 100 miles or bust...

Lean on me, when your not strong.... :dance:
:-J

miss_elisha 11-01-2004 06:47 AM

Heather, I use the stairclimber for the most part, and I either use my pedometer to track my mileage or I say 15 minutes = 1 mile, because that is about how long it takes me to walk a mile (and that's right about how long it takes my pedometer to register 1 mile, so I'm pretty close!).
I would heavily suggest investing in a pedometer if you don't have one for this challenge, even one of the cheap ones. If you walk a lot during the day or at work, aside from exercise (as I do--I work retail), it's easy to get in your 100 miles. But it's up to you if you want to count that or not.

Any other questions, just let us know!

Anyway, I'd better get started!
~Elisha

hikein2005 11-01-2004 07:00 AM

Pedometer in hand...

er, um...I mean on waist!!! I bought one yesterday and it clocked over 10,000 steps by the end of the night, so I'm thinking I'm not going to have any problem getting in the 10,000 steps a day and 100 miles for November. So...how does one calculate miles from steps, please?

Here's to November and getting in those miles!

**Jennifer** 11-01-2004 08:22 AM

Morning, chickies! I'm in, with pedometer strapped on, 1 mile WATP under my belt already this morning, and ready to hit it hard. Let's get this thing started!

:D I just looooove it when the clocks go back to where they belong! Can you tell I'm about 1000 times more excited to be up? :D

Hotcupojava 11-01-2004 09:52 AM

Mornin' # 1

I was supposed to get up at 0800, but "someone" goofed the alarm up. But I've done 1 mile of my 2 mile WATP, I plan to do the rest after I check my mail,:coffee: and then I'm strapping my NEWLY RESET pedometer on. We're going grocery shopping today and getting new brakes for Henry. Jennifer made me a cool chart that will calculate my WATP miles (no, they do NOT register correctly on the pedometer) and my actual walking pedometer miles. Only problem is going to be figuring out how many other miles register, like my stationary bike. It doesn't have an odometer on it, since the front wheel comes off to hook it on the stand. Sigh, I'll get it figured out. Okay, time's a wastin'. I need to get moving. :dancer:

lisa girl 11-01-2004 10:42 AM

Count me in guys! I actually did make the 100 miles for October! I've got my pedometer on, and I'm ready to go!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

squabb56 11-01-2004 11:10 AM

Morning #1

Water ran for 60 minutes. That's 4 miles.

StarAngel2528 11-01-2004 12:54 PM

Hey, I'm a newbie and just stumbled upon this thread.. I think this is a great idea and I'm going to try it!

Miles so far - 3 miles
97 more to go!

**Jennifer** 11-01-2004 01:35 PM

Hi StarAngel! Welcome, and feel free to stick around & visit our other threads in this forum.

so far only 1084 steps in, but I've literally been tethered to the desk with my phone- I don't get too far when that is ringing off the hook. I've got a date with WATP this evening right after work, and I'll get these #s bumped up. Hopefully it cools off soon- I want to walk outside! I want cold, pink cheeks & to see my breath! :) I know, I'm hoping for a lot here. :lol3:

I'm already excited about the weekend, because I can do the WATp tapes several times! Mary, this is just what I needed to move my tushie! Thank you!!!!

hikein2005 11-01-2004 02:32 PM

Help!

Can someone please tell me how many steps are in a mile???

So far today I walked over 4000 steps before 9am and then I reset my pedometer so I could see how many steps it was from my partner's office to mine...but got interrupted along the way (my best guess is 300 steps and I walk that probably 3-4 times a day not to mention the other bazillion steps I take!)...and now it's back up to over 4000 and I haven't even done my WATP today! It's raining here and cold and yucky or I'd walk outside!

Gotta go get the little one at 3, so I will walk when I get home! I'm going to try to do 2 miles, for sure so don't have enough time right now!

I LOVE my new pedometer!

DewCan 11-01-2004 03:41 PM

Hi, hope you don't mind if I join you on this one. I found you late October and was just waiting for Nov 1. I hope this can be done without the pedometer as I don't have one. I'm going to bike, use my WATP videos, and walk outside. Possibly I might try some jogging (I'd say running but you could hardly call it that :lol: )

Joy, you said you Water RAn, what is that? Sounds rather intersting!

**Jennifer** 11-01-2004 06:24 PM

Julie....check your email- that should help you convert your steps!

Slow day today because I was tied to the phones...2430 steps at work for .92 miles, plus 1 mile WATP. Getting ready to do the 2 mile WATP now, so that will put me at 3.92 miles for the day. Not a bad start! Yeah!!!! I'm pretty psyched about this. Let's do this! :D