Old 11-01-2004, 08:29 PM   #16  

well today I got in a 2.3 mile run and walked a mile so that has gotten me 3.3 miles so far for the month. I should b walking tomorrow since I ran today. That should be fun. Only 96.7 more to go!!! Feeling good about this one!
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #17  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Woohoo! Today I logged 3 miles on the stairclimber, plus 5.52 miles walking for a total of 8.52 miles. I'm off to a good start!

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:01 AM   #18  
my dad made me1 from wood

Good job everyone....
Today, I did a total of 3.1miles
Me and my husband went walking for 2.1 miles
and I did stair stepper for 1mile today. Tomorrow I'm gonna wear my pedometer all day and see what that does.
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #19  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies! Off to another good start- 1.5 miles WATP this morning. Then an hour of shuffling on line to go vote. I'm in the office now, and already have 517 steps in in 9 minutes. LOL. Not that I'm addicted to seeing the #s change. LOL.

Our office is teeny-tiny, so I am thinking if I can get 5000 steps in daily (besides the WATPs) that it would be a miracle....time to make 100 trips to the copier....copy my files page by page...that'd get me a few extra steps in!

All right chickies...I'll report in later tonight after my WATP tonight! Have a wonderful Tuesday. GO VOTE!!!!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:08 PM   #20  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Question?

Are we logging our miles walked INCLUDING the exercise miles or minus the exercise miles!

I've done (so far, without exercise) 12,488 steps today! My average "step" is 12.8 inches (I figured THAT out today) which calculates into ??????? miles? Help me...this pedometer thing is driving me crazy!!!! Ahhhhh!

OK, I knew I walked a lot of miles during the day, but geesh...my dogs hurt tonight! I may just go down and ride the bike or just not do any exercise at all today! I'm kind of achy...back, neck, head, etc! Who knows why!

Whine, whine, whine!!!! LOL!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #21  
"workin' on my fitness"

Julie, check your email...I sent you something that might just make your life a heckuva lot easier!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:54 PM   #22  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

I've done a little over 3 miles today! I have not done my formal exercise yet, though. Just got the kiddies in the bed, and it is nice and quiet. Instead of crashing myself, I am going to get in a couple more miles.

Julie, I am going to count my exercise miles too.

Donna??? Where are you??? Are you on that treadmill yet chickie????
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:40 AM   #23  
Pending Email Confirmation

Evening all

Stopped at the gym on the way home from work today. Did 3 mile walk/run ... mostly walk after a friend came into the gym.....I can not walk and run at the same time. Oh well, I'm not really supposed to run anyways, but I like it and only go for one minute on and one minute off.

Diana.... I basically run in the water. I have ostheoarthritis and impact is not so good, so this way I get my running in without the impact. The water acts as resistance, so if you really work it you can get a good workout.

I really need to get more exercise in during the day. We have a really nice 20 minute walk around our work facility. I will make an effort to walk this (weather permitting) at least once a day. Have to try to talk my work partner into going with me!
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:20 AM   #24  

well I walked another 3 miles (a little over but I am not sure how much over so I will count how much I am sure about) Felt good even though I did a relatively slow pace (3.0) so it took me an hour but I don't mind. That brings my total to 6.3 for the month and only have 93.7 left to go. I can do this and I will. I have to keep telling myself taht to make sure that I make it to that point if not more
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:38 AM   #25  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies! Last night I didn't get as much in as I had hoped- hubby required assistance, and well, then there was the whole election thing which our state usually screws up. I'm proud to say that things went pretty smoothly down here, for once. No pregnant chads, (none were even late... ) and minimal problems with the 800 year olds & the touch screens. Even though I was up at weird hours checking the election results, I got up at 6am (1 snooze alarm this morning) and did 2 miles of the WATP express with stretchie. I felt good, and probably could have gone longer, but I had to shower & get to work. Maybe I'll try to ease the alarm back 10 minutes a week & see if I can't get up at 5:30 & get a little more time for myself in the mornings. Ideas....hmmmm....I don't kow, but I am liking this feeling!

8.54 miles now, and more planned for tonight. I need to get over 3000 steps in today before I leave work...something to work for over the next 8 hours.

Everyone looks like they are doing great here! Way to go, chickies!

Last edited by **Jennifer**; 11-03-2004 at 09:47 AM. Reason: not enough caffeine to get the fingers & head working together
Old 11-03-2004, 11:11 AM   #26  

Question

Hey, I don't have a pedometer to count my steps but I was wondering if I work for 5 hours at a clothing store, could I count that as at least a mile walked, even tho I don't REALLY know what I walked.. or would that be cheating???
StarAngel2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:04 PM   #27  
"workin' on my fitness"

Jessica- I'm no expert, but I am sure it has to count for something....especially if you're not just standing behind a register. Chickies, any thoughts?

Or, go to McDonalds & get yourself a salad for lunch one day with their GoActive meal. It's a cheapie little pedometer, but it's a start. Or a sporting goods store, or even Target & Walmart should have them in their sporting/fitness areas
Old 11-03-2004, 06:48 PM   #28  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, glad to see you all moving and racking up those miles.

I've got 11 miles in so far, 89 more to go.

I've got TOPS tonight, I'm not so sure how I'll do, but hey, my heart will appreciate my 11 miles
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #29  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Howdy Chicklettes

7.6 so far. But I'm going to the track after work (yeah it'll be midnight and probably very cold ... hopefully not raining or snowing) but a Turtle's got to do
what a Turtle's got to do. My weigh in was good. 3.5 lost 15 total. Gotta keep my Mojo working. Feeling strong, feeling motivated and feeling hopeful that I can run with this. Peace to all the Chicks and Turkeys here.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:40 PM   #30  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Today, I got in 30 min. on the exercise bike...9 miles. And I am currently over 10,000 steps...I have busted a move today!! Gotta keep this feeling.....I'm with you Mary!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote