Old 10-10-2004, 02:10 PM   #76  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Donna...I KNOW...those Braves need to pull it together!!! But the real tragedy...is the GA Bulldogs!!! My DH was in mourning last night after that game!! Grrrr!!! My husband and 4 year old are at the Falcons Game today!! DH and I got tickets to 2 Falcons games...we were planning to have 2 "dates" to go to the games...but my oldest 2 boys cried so hard...I gave them each one of my tickets! Do you go to any of the Falcons games?? Well, getting to the Dome is a treat in itself for my kids. We live about an hour north of Atlanta..and they love going in to the "big city" - LOL! Actually, I find that I avoid Atlanta as much as possible..we are not used to all the traffic and congestion there.
*I have heard that the ice cream sandwiches were really good! But, our leader gave us a recipe for the low fat graham crackers (chocolate) with the fat free Cool Whip...and she said only 1 pt....I'd better check that out!

Julie - Give the birthday girl a big hug from me!!! Oh, I know too well the bittersweet emotions of having your kids grow bigger...I think of them when they were just babies...and now they are so "big". I won't even get on to you for the Klondike or the caramel apple......cause next week is going to be so rigorous!!! We are gonna bust a move girl! So....get ready.

Does everybody agree???Next week is IT!!! Were gonna move our tushies and move the scales to the left! Move those glasses of water to our lips!!

Good news!!!!!!!! My ears are so much better! Thank God!! My new antibiotic is really strong and is working. Both DH and I still get ear infections as adults. No wonder our children have had such a hard time with them! No fun...that is one of the most painful things to have. Anyway, I am thrilled to be on the mend and feeling more like myself. No more excuses to ingest these carbs now. My Mom brought over fresh blueberry muffins this morning. I ate 3. 3 !!!!!!! Now that is insane and I know it. I'd better get moving and get my 10,000 steps in for sure. Sweets....they just call my name...

Well, better get moving. Have a great Sunday everybody!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #77  

Lisa, I sit corrected. You are right she did tell us to use fat free cool whip and it is 1 point. Sorry! I have that sometimers disease. Sometimes I remember sometimes I still don't remember. LOL

Have a great Sunday!
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:54 PM   #78  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Talking Go Lions, Go Lions!!!

Hey girls! OK, I'm not usually a football (or any sport, for that matter) fan, but since Lisa brought it up...The Lions kicked some serious butt today! Sorry all you Southerners! I only know this because my sister (a HUGE Lion's fan) was here today watching the game during the birthday party!! So I KNEW there would be some discussion here! LOL!!! You know...the Lions have had a horrible few years (in case you didn't know)...and their last "away" game was the first one in 20 GAMES that they won on the road...that's a whole bunch of years incase y'all wondered!! So the Falcon's should be eating some Humble Pie about now!!! OK, I'm done with my gloat..seeing how I am NOT a football fan!!!!

No exercise and no OP eating today! Tomorrow is gonna be "Start to Kick Some Serious Butt" day!!! I promise! Gotta get some walking/workouts in...my back is really sore today and I don't know why! Too much sitting, not enough moving today??

Well girls...that's about it! It was a beautiful Fall day here and I am going to figure out how to downsize some pictures and put them somewhere so y'all can view them!! Happy Sunday Eve!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:11 PM   #79  

Julie, dear, since we are on the subject of sports...lets have a quick discussion about the ummmmmmmm....Detroit Tigers????? Hee hee!!! Oh, and BTW, DH wanted to let you know that the poor Lions...well...we were giving them a bit of Southern hospitality...we wanted them to at least win ONE GAME!!!

GOOOOOO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:32 PM   #80  

Default Sunday

Haven't had time to post much this past week. Having perfect fall weather here and trailered our horses out to a couple parks for trail riding on Friday and Saturday.

Plus getting ready for vacation next week...fly out on Friday. We are doing a week long cruise...my goal is to stay the same weight-wise for the week. We do all the steps possible (instead of taking elevators around the ship) and will also use the work-out room. If I avoid desserts, I think I can maintain my weight ok. I'm not going to really "diet" though...it IS my vacation after all!! Sometimes it's so hot down in the Carribbean that I simply sweat it off from walking around!

Applebees has some great low calorie Weight Watchers meals on their menu now! Today I had Grilled Shrimp skewers with a salad. Was very good and only 176 calories. Can't beat that! They have about 8 entree choices now.

Fall colors are beautiful this weekend here in Minnesota! I'm afraid when I get back from vacation the trees will be naked and that will be the end of that!

I wish I didn't have to work this week before we leave! Mentally I'm already about checked out!!

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:32 AM   #81  

Hey peeps

I really need to get back into my calorie counting I'm finding myself resing on my laurels a bit here! I really do want to lose some more weight and look good rather than just better.

Hope you're all doing well.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:51 AM   #82  

Hey girls!

I wanted to check in quickly to say "hi" and to let you know that I am thinking of you guys! DD has been keeping me super busy, and I think I have been avoiding logging on b/c I haven't been doing well with my eating. Correction, I am eating good foods, but just too much of them! Exercise has been great this past weekend (10 miles!) I need to add that to my sig. Gotta go, DD is gonna wake up soon!
Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day!
drazen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:28 PM   #83  

Birdiegirl, I wish I was going with you on your cruise! I would love to do that some day. Have a great time and just try to maintain and you will be fine. Dill, I'm with you something needs fine tuning and I'm not sure what it is. LOL But, we will do this together, right?! Drazen, I am totally impressed with all you are doing! You are almost at your goal of this challenge aren't you?

Jennifer, I hope all is going well. Are you off today?

Lisa, where are you weekend partner? I hope you are feeling even better today.

My DD went to school today. She had a fever/sore throat and cough all weekend. My dh had a stomach problem yesterday and I felt like the lone ranger! LOL But, I put in some miles on the treadmill and stayed OP. However, did not rest well last night and stepped on the scales this morning and it was not what I expected to see. Feeling a little amprehensive about my weigh in tomorrow and I need some tips. Is it not a good thing to exercise before your weigh in or should you? I am really getting concerned about my plan now. I should of never stepped on those scales. I know I need to drink more water. Maybe I'll just drown myself today in H2O. Oh man, I am so nervous.

Talk to you all later.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #84  

Good afternoon!!!

Donna - I know all too well how it feels to be the lone ranger! Sounds like both of our families were sick last week! I think it should be fine to exercise...what time is your weigh in tomorrow..in the morning?? I am like you...needing so badly to drink more water! O.K., don't be nervous. You are doing fine! Remember, we are really getting more active..and maybe our bodies are trying to "get used" to it. I weighed in .5 heavier this morning. Thanks for asking about my feeling better! Yes, I am even better. What a blessing...we just take it for granted that we can breathe through our noses..you know? You guys had school on Columbus Day? Mine are all home celebrating - LOL!!! (((((Donna)))))...extra hugs for my weekend partner! Hang in there!!! We can do this! We really can.

Birdiegirl - A cruise? Oh, how wonderful! You are so lucky!!
Oh, and thank you for sharing the Applebees information. I love to eat there...gotta check out these new menu items!

Dill - Hi there!

Drazen - Sounds like you are super busy! Those babies tend to keep you hopping!

Where are the rest of the chickies today???????????????
Old 10-11-2004, 02:10 PM   #85  

Forgot to tell you about ME!!! I am having a pretty good day...food and "steps" are good....but not so good on the water...I'm going to get a glass right now!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:12 PM   #86  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickies!

Just a fly-by posting...it's been 2 very busy days back to back.

Got a lot of great deals shopping- my whole wheat pasta cost me .49 for the wide noodles, and .99 for the boxed elbows & rotini pastas. Woo hoo!

Last night we made the industrial size vats of chili and taco meat, which are all packaged & freezing now. I baggied the fat free tortillas so that the taco rollups will be easy to grab & go....

Also on sale- Kashi cereals- 2/5.00 so I got adventurous and tried them. Kashi GoLean, (with the weird twigs) the heart healthy one with what tastes like honey nut cheerios (pretty yum) Autumn Wheat (think shredded mini wheats without the white sugar paste) which was very good, and didn't need any sweetening, and my brand new favorite of all time- Strawberry Fields. It tastes like Smart Start flakes with dried strawberries & raspberries. While measuring it into baggies, I must have eaten an entire cup of it. I also must have said "This is soooo good!" to hubby about 800 times, because he went out & bought 3 more boxes of that, and 1 more of the wheat one last night.

3 loads of laundry are done- I need to fold those when I finally sit down for more than 5 minutes. Hubby will start the "sauce" part of the italian extravaganza when he gets back from a late appointment, so that will make the house smell wonderful for the rest of the evening. Mmmmm- he makes good sauce!

This was a very productive day off...I'm glad the bank branch was closed (can't have 1 without the other...) because I needed this....I'm regrouping....and I'm arming myself with all the yummy (and major league OP) meals that will make planning easy.

OH!!!! I also bought a sweet potato last night. I've never had one before....but Mom eats them, so how bad could they really be? LOL- then again, the woman ate liver when she was pregnant, so it could be really, really bad.

Time to get a boil on some whole wheat pasta & get that baggied in advance. Move over, chickies...there's a new Martha Stewart in town, and I'm ready to burn things
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:43 PM   #87  
motomom

Default Evening chickies!

I've started to post this a few times today but got interrupted for one reason or another! The back is feeling crappy tonight! I've had some pain in the lower back the last couple of days and then in my shoulder area on and off for a few weeks! I'm thinking it's the bra I wore today that is causing this pain! Bad Bra!!! I hate having big boobs! Anyone else out there feel the same way??? I tried on some bras today at the store....shhhh! I tried them without undergarments!!! But how else are ya gonna know if they really fit??? Anyway, I've decided my boobs are getting bigger!!! I tried on a 38C in several sports bras (I want one that pulls together in the middle on the back) and the fat was just hanging over from all sides! Yuck!!! I know what size I need and will go back when I have some $ to get one! I'm thinking that it will help the back pain...that and getting this bootie in gear!!!

And on another shopping note...I bought some pants today, but trying on sizes was a fiasco!! I am at the size somewhere between 16, 16W & 18's. I tried on several styles of the same brand and the size varied like a whole size!!!! I tried on 18's that were too small and 16s that fit like a glove!! It's a bit confusing not to mention how much it messes with the mind!!! Anyway, I did buy a pair of 16's (not Women's) khacki's slacks. I needed a pair. I'm thinking they might be long capris, but they fit me as pants!! LOL! And the best part was they were on clearance for $8.00 Whoo Hoo! It really does pay to shop at K-Mart!!! (Maybe that explains the size variation!)

There was no walking today (other than the walking I did through a couple of stores and at my dd's school and the bazillion steps I took doing the several loads of laundry, putting it away, cooking, etc!) But nothing major!!! Tomorrow, I promise I will walk in the morning before work! 2 miles, if my back isn't hurting! A good night's sleep should help!

Food was good! Here we go: I am going to start posting my intake here daily! Hold me accountable!!

1st B-fast: 1 bowl oatmeal w/ 1/2 cup ff milk
2nd b-fast: 3 eggwhite + 1 yolk omlette w/ red peppers & onion, cheese, & turkey!
1-16 oz. SF Rasberry/Vanilla Latte...delish!!!
No Lunch, but had one FF blueberry lemmon oatmeal muffin (I'll post the recipe on the recipe board!)
Late afternoon snack (because I was starving from not eating lunch!): Turkey & cheese and 1 T light Miracle Whip on a roll
Supper: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1 bowl chicken veggie soup
Snack: 1 spoonful (really!) vanilla icecream & 1 bite leftover birthday cake!

Water: ONly 32 oz. so far, but I plan to drink another 32 before bedtime!

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I'm dreading it. I feel like I am starting over! I'm feeling fat and bloated (just retention from all the crap I have been eating, I'm sure!) and I just want to not eat for 3 days!!! I'm miserable! Waaaahhh!

Jennifer...Glad you had a productive day! The sauce sounds yummy! I've got to get some of that Strawberry Fields cereal! I saw that there is strawberries/raspberries (dehydrated) in a package in the cereal aisle, though...which I'm thinking we could put on any cereal! It was kind of expensive though!

Lisa...You are doing awesome with the walking girl! How do you have the energy??? And as far as the Tigers go...well I was kind of born a fan!!! My Dad and his family grew up in Detroit and well...I can't get it out of my blood!!! LOL! And as for the Lions...we all know how bad they are, but once again...the family thing!!! Not that I am a fan or anything, though!

Donna...at least you are not going backwards with the scale like I am!! And even if you gain, at least you are changing your lifestyle! That has to count for something, right??? Sorry the family is sick! Hubby came home tonight with a cold! Argh! I've been trying to fight off all the germs from people at work, but it's harder when it's in your own house! Good luck with the weigh in!

Drazen...way to go on the exercise! You are doing awesome chickie!

Dill...get off those laurels, girl!! This is a new week, time to start afresh! Good luck and hang in there!

Birdiegirl...working out on a cruise!!! Good luck, chickie! I'm sure you will do just great! I have NO willpower when Iam away from home, let along on a cruise! I know you will do it, though. You have done so well so far!! Have a great time and may next week get here quick!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:06 PM   #88  
motomom

Default Another new thread

I've just created a "Grateful Moments" thread. Check it out!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:26 PM   #89  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks!

This weekend was great, but not for my diet! Food was terrible, but there was some walking involved. We had a lot of fun though, and I suppose that is what matters. And Steve's sister is one of the coolest people I have ever met, and his mom is pretty cool too, so all is well in that department.
But now I am sick, sniffling and sneezing. I don't know what is up with me this year. I hardly ever get sick. I mean, I can go years, literally years, without so much as a sniffle, but this makes the 2nd time I've been sick in 2 months... and I thought I was taking better care of myself this year. *shrugs*
Eh, what are ya gonna do?

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of us were a little off track this weekend. What do you say we pull together and get back OP this week? Anyone up for a challenge?
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:44 PM   #90  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! I'm here making another try! I see that everyone is doing great! I know that I've gained...but I gotta take this one day at a time. I didn't want to be here whining and complaining everyday, so I've been MIA feeling sorry for myself. Which didn't help at all! I should have stayed here for you chick's support! But I'm here now! So any big losses and updates while I've been gone? Sorry this is so short... but it's late and I need to get to bed. Hopefully I can check in like once a day.. if not every other day. Have a good night Everyone!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote