Old 09-23-2004, 10:02 AM   #1  

Talking Elisha's inspirational quote forum

OK, Elisha's gone at the moment. But now we've got space, so let's start filling it up.

QOTD: Is there anybody in particular, whom you haven't seen in a long time, that you'd like to surprise with your weight loss? (At present or when you reach goal.)

Answer for me: Going to visit extended family at Christmas. I'd love to be a size 12 by then.

Last edited by Aquareggie; 09-24-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #2  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Oh dear, let's see! EVERYONE I'VE EVER MET!

Ex-boyfriends would be nice. Most of the people I care about see me fairly often anyway, so I can't really surprise them with anything.

I guess the real answer is that I would love to surprise myself. I know, that sounds a little odd, but here's the thing: I've lost 40 pounds since February, and I still don't feel like my body has changed that much. I *know* it has, but I can't *see* it yet. I have a feeling that will happen all at once. I'm waiting for the day when I wake up and look in the mirror and see myself instead of my fat. Does that make any sense?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #3  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Motivational Quote

Depend upon yourself. Make your judgment trustworthy by trusting it. You can develop good judgment as you do the muscles of the body ** by judicious, daily exercise. --Grenville Kleiser
Old 09-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #4  

Recognition from others is always nice. We will be paid a holiday visit from my sil and her family and my mil during Christmas and it would be nice if they would notice but I think that I'm on the same wave length as Miss E. I would like to convince me. I am my worst critic and it would be great for that day when I see myself and say, hey you did it girl!!!! You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #5  
"workin' on my fitness"

I think I surprised my mother back in August...she saw me for the first time since Thanksgiving, and a loss of 46 pounds back then. I put 6 of those back on and have been working to chip those away, plus more...Other than that, possibly people I haven't seen from my old job (it's been over a year and a half).
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #6  

I would like to surprise everyone that has ever seen me as I am now. Old boyfriend, old friends, old co-workers, even people who were just aquaintances. ****, I'll add people I haven't even met in there as well!!!! But most of all myself.
sparked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:26 PM   #7  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I found you~

Well, really I thought I was a bit more technologically gifted than that, but apparently I really have been FAKING it all this time!

Who would I like to see/suprise when I have lost some more weight!? Hmmm....like some old friends. I have already suprised many people. My best girlfriend that I lived with in Hawaii...when she saw me for the first time in a year said "Look at you...youre so tiny!"!!! Tiny! I wish!!! But that is the ultimate compliment, isn't it? I think I just want to suprise everyone by actually GETTING THE WEIGHT OFF!!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:14 AM   #8  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Quote of the Day

Over-optimism is waiting for your ship to come in when you haven't sent one out. --Irv Riley
Old 09-24-2004, 10:00 AM   #9  

Arr (pirate-arr)! I'm in the process of applying for jobs. And I have to ask for letters of recommendation. Now, normally I'm an assertive chick. But somehow I feel like I'm bugging people. Irrational, I know, but I have to get those letters and send out the apps. Gotta get my ship in the ocean.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:03 AM   #10  

p.s. I'm trying to edit the name of the thread, to inspirational quotes, so that we can keep it separate from the question of the day. Anybody know how to do that, or can do it for me?

AR
Old 09-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #11  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Quote of the Day

To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art. --La Rochefoucauld
Old 09-26-2004, 09:12 PM   #12  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Diet Blunders!

Thought this would be a good place to put a link to an article I just read! Enjoy!

Top 5 Diet Blunders
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 10:18 PM   #13  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Daily Quote for 9-27

We don't know who we are until we see what we can do.

I don't know who said that. It's on my Grandma's calendar above her desk, but it's not credited to anyone. I just thought it was pertinent.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:17 AM   #14  

I called people and asked for the letters. Of course three of them were out of the office, so I was just talking to a machine. But at least I did it. Yay, ship should come in any day now.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:02 AM   #15  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Motivational Quote of the Day

The value of achievement is built upon the difficulties you must come through in order to reach it. --Ralph Marston