Old 09-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #361  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Argh... today did not turn out as planned.

Breakfast went as planned, lunch was the frozen veggie dish and some Pringles (the veggies only had 180 calories, so the Pringles didn't hurt too much). Then Mom and Dad bought me Wendy's for dinner. Fries, crunchy chicken sandwich. At least the soda was diet.
And then there was coffee, with the most-certainly-NOT-fat-free variety of creamer.
And no exercise. I was planning to exercise when I got home, but the problem is I didn't get to go home. I'm at Grandma's house, and I didn't get here until after 9pm, and I'm just way tired today. Tomorrow is a long day in a car. I don't know what my work schedule looks like for the rest of the week, so I don't know how I will fit in exercise. I guess I will just have to do the best I can.

If I would just get my act together and get out of bed a little earlier in the morning, everything would be fine, and I would feel so much better as a result. But NO! That would be too intelligent.

I'm so mad at myself right now. I had such good intentions for today. I should know better than to do this to myself. Do I want this or not? In order to lose weight I'm going to have to make some sacrifices. I *know* that. So why don't I *do* it?

I know tomorrow is not going to be entirely healthy. Car trips usually aren't. I will try to make healthy choices. I'll tell Grandma first thing in the morning that I need to be healthy during the day, and I know she will help keep me on track. Grandma is good at that.

Anyway, I won't be here in the morning, but I'll be back tomorrow evening to let you all know how I fared. Have a great day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:58 AM   #362  

What a weekend! I had a nice Friday night where I did splurge on everything on it pizza but other than that my body made sure I didn't do any more damage. I started you know what early Saturday morning and since then I had horrible cramps, depression and fatigue. I stayed in bed most of the day yesterday and feel some better today. In spite of very little eating I have managed to gain a pound from the other day which I know is water retention. So, saying that I need some input from my chickie friends. Any suggestions on getting rid of water weight other than pills?

Jennifer, I am praying that all is good for you and your family. This was another bad hurricane and it's heading in my direction now even though it's a tropical storm now it's still a concern for flooding and tornados. I have a friend in Miami who is tired of being homeless so I know that my concerns are not the same. At least I have a place to live.

Elisha, don't worry today is another day and you can do better. Honestly, I think you were a little hard on yourself for you didn't do as bad as you could of done. You are fortunate to still have a Grandma. She will help you keep OP today.

Hello to the rest. I will be back to post better to you all. I am still feeling low so please forgive me.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:06 AM   #363  

Default Monday Morning

Hi All -

Well I did end up going back out to the stables Sunday and riding Ace for an hour. Was another beautiful day and I couldn't let it pass. Soon it will be too cold/snowy or whatever to ride outside.

My weight has been stable for a few days at 175.5 I think it is easier for me to control everything/meals/etc during my work week. Will see if I go down any this week. Otherwise I will probably have to cut some more food back a little...which for me is easier than exercising more...I would rather eat less!! (Talk about LAZY!!)

I didn't start this morning with my oatmeal..in fact all I had was a couple slurps of a yogurt smoothie (the 90 calories ones) to get my vitamins and medicine down ...and I put the rest back in the frig, grabbed my coffee and came to work...I did bring in fruit, and soup for lunch though. THis will be my test day for the oatmeal.

Donna: You just have the water retention weight thing going on with your period. Don't worry about a pound right now. Hope you feel better soon.

Elisha: Next time Mom and Dad treat, try to eat only 1/2 of everything instead of all of it. You will feel less guilty and you will still apease them that you ate what they brought for you.

Is the group getting smaller??

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #364  

Donna -- Stay away from salt and caffeine. Sorry, that's all I know!

Weekend went OK. Two days of good eating and one day of bad. Parents were visiting, so considering it was five meals at restaurants, it went pretty well.
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #365  
"workin' on my fitness"

Good Morning, chickies. New day, new week...new hurricane forming (I'm just guessing here...lol)

We made it through the hurricane and came out of it pretty well. The way the bands were, we got a lot of wind & rain, but the wind was in the opposite direction of Frances. Freaky, considering it's not like it was going in reverse. I was worried that the brand new gutter we had fixed on Tuesday or Wednesday last week (it all blends together right now) would be torn off, but there was no damage, since the tree was being blown away from the house, instead of towards it. Whew!

This has really been just amazingly messed up! I feel like I'm in a time warp here...the entire month is just a blur- 2 hurricanes back to back...unreal!

I'm trying to get back on schedule. I need to take back control, and get my groove back. I overslept this morning, since I basically got 4 hours of sleep between Friday & Saturday nights, and then got 6 hours last night, and added an extra hour & a half that made me dangerously close to being late to work.

All the tax papers are done, and I'm mailing that to the accountant today. One more thing accomplished. Woo Hoo!

Today's plan:

Breakfast
1/3 cup smart start
1oz fat free cheddar cheese
1 pineapple cottage double

Lunch
3/4 cup whole wheat pasta
3/4 cup meat sauce
4oz diced pears

PM exercise
2 miles WATP
Upper body circuit while I watch CSI Miami

Dinner
TBD- I need to detox from all the crappy carbs I've been shoveling in, and all the garbage we ate over the hurricane weekend. Sour cream & onion potato chips. Pizza. Hot dogs. It wasn't pretty. Tonight might be a big bowl of chickarina soup- filling, but not heavy & weighing me down.

PMS finally arrived, after being 3 weeks late. All the stress with the hurricanes has thrown me off cycle. So, I'm really, really, really sore- moreso than usual. Ugh.

Lisa- hope you had a great weeked. Be careful- you should be getting the remains of Jeanne!

Elisha- have a good day with Grandma! Soon you'll have a place of your own where everything works. Post a pic of the puppy if you can!

Gabrielle- you're kicking butt, woman. I get tired just watcing the infomercials for tae bo!

Gracenote- Welcome to the group! Glad to have you with us!

Samantha- Welcome as well! Saw you in another thread, hopefully you'll peek in here as well!

MsRD- I think the problem with that saying is that the 2nd piece of cake is JUST AS GOOD as the first one. It doesn't taste any worse, so there's no "reason" not to have it. Other than it kills our eating plan

Lauren- hope you are feeling better. Bronchitis is no fun at all.

Birdie- I'm crossing my fingers hoping the 173.5 is legit! I'm planning to try my hand at the crock pot oatmeal, and make it with apples, cinnamon, and splenda. Mmmm!

Julie- Happy Hubby's Birthday! Good thing he destroyed the ice cream! Someone has to save you from yourself!

Donna- Hope you stay safe from the remains of Jeanne. This just sucks, you know? As far as the water retention, the only thing that works is to keep hydrating- the more water you have going in (and right through) you, the less water you retain. And keep the sodium low. Right now I can feel my fingers swell just from the crap we had this weekend. Ugh! Feel better, chickie.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:53 PM   #366  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default It's 12:30...

Do I know where my chickies are??? Right here!!! Gosh, I have a little break today! Worked at DD's school this morning for a few hours, left to go get my license plates renewed (what a hassle!) and then had some time, so I went to my old place of employment (3 years ago!) and caught up with the chickies there! It was nice to see everyone. It really was my favorite place to work and I miss them, so have to stop in and catch up on gossip! When I left there, I was headed right toward Wendy's for a fried chicken sandwich! And I was HUNGRY! But then...something stopped me and the car turned toward home! So instead of all that fat and carbs, I had a nice deli meat & cheese wrap and some fresh peaches here at home! Yea me!!! I am heading back to DD's school for a session this aftertnoon to help out and then home! I WILL workout when I get home even if it's just a bike ride with DD! It's yet another beautiful day here in West Michigan! Fall is really upon us!

Jennifer...glad you survived yet another hurricaine! I'm glad to see that you have included some exercise in your evening activities! Yea! And I hope that bag of chips gets dumped tonight!!!! Are you on for an exercise challenge????

Aquareggie...Eating out can be dreadful to me, but sounds like you made some good choices!

Birdiegirl...the riding sounds great! You gave your horses a workout, too from the sounds of it! Don't cut out too much more food, chickie! We don't want you starving!

Donna...I don't worry about the retention during TOM!!! It will drop soon! Drink your water and stay OP and you'll be fine! I wouldn't even weigh for another week. It will all work out...oh yea...don't forget about the workout, too...when the cramping is done, of course!

Eisha...you are gonna get back on track here...you are already doing better than what you said you did on vacation, so that's a bonus! Hope you have a safe trip! Enjoy the puppy! I love Aerdales (sp?)...no shedding either!

MsRD...hope you get that album put together! What a great keepsake that will be! I collect Sunset (an others too) postcards from all over the world and some day I'm going to work on that album. For now it's just in a cheapo album, which I know I need to get them out of! Hope you got your workout in!

Laren2pink...welcome back and I hope you feel better real soon!

Gracenote...welcome and hope that you find yourself at home here!

Gab...Tae Bo! Ihave a tape that a friend sent me which is still sitting on my TV. I haven't looked at it yet because it's VHS and I don't have a VCR anwhere that I can do it, except at work...and I am still considering taking it to work and trying it...maybe before or after work!!! I don't sweat too easily, so either way would work! My sister does TaeBo and loves it! She still can do cartwheels, too! Darn her!!! Of course, she's 5 years younger than me...what am I talking about??? I could NEVER do a cartwheel!!!!

Lisa...Gulp, gulp, gulp! Hope your day is going well!

That's about it...I've got to get going! I'll check in this eveing and see how things are progressing and let you know the same!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:06 PM   #367  

well today started late but I got everything done before noon so that is so good no my part. I did my power90 tape and walked 3 miles. I could take the rest of the day off but am unsure as of now what will happen.

Taebo advanced was fun but harder then I expected and will keep to it since I want to lose and if I have to be a bit sore then I will be sore. I won't hurt myself doing everything though. I stepped on the scale today and saw that I lost another lb. My weigh in day isn't until the 30th but I just wanted a peak. That is good as long as I don't mess up between now and then. I really wanted to see two lbs gone but I will not get discouraged and will see what goes on then.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:12 PM   #368  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Hi Chicks

Worked an overnight security detail at the stadium on Friday night to Saturday morning. That's a buttload of steps and my thighs are still sore. I counted THAT as my exercise. Sunday was spent taking it easy and trying to recover. Food was good, but water was too slack. Today I'm consciously working on my water intake and we're cleaning and preparing for the big yard sale this week end.

Jennifer, I'm glad you're safe and made it through yet another hurricane. I hope everyone else did as well. I need to start doing that "addressing everyone thing" like you all do. But I don't know how you do that. HELP

I'm on a break from cleaning, so I can't stay long. I feel guilty being on the computer while Pooh Bear works. He's outside painting signs for the sale. Whew, okay, now HE'S on a break too. That makes me feel better (at least, less guilty).

I hope everyone is doing great, staying OP and upbeat. Attitude is a lot of the fight. Journaling and the support of friends is also a BIG key! Thank you all, you don't know how MUCH you help.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:08 PM   #369  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi girls! Finally!!! Finally I get a chance to post! I had a terrific, but exhausting weekend. I got home late every night, and just fell into bed! I sure have missed my chickies here!!

Mary – Having a yard sale is a lot of work, but it makes me feel so much better to get things cleaned out! I hope you have a good turn out for yours! I’m with you – I need to up my water intake too!

Gabwill – Advanced Taebo?? That’s super! You are really doing a good job!

Julie – Was that gulp , gulp, gulp comment supposed to be a reminder of some sort?? LOL!!! Way to go with resisting the Wendy’s! I’m proud of you!

Jennifer – Girl, I am so glad you did not get hurricane damage! But, most of all, I am glad you are o.k. Now, that I’ve said that….let’s talk about exercise….we gotta kick it up!!! Both of us!!

AR – You went to a lot of restaurants, and did a good job in spite of it – that’s awesome!! Way to go!!!!

Birdiegirl – Well…how did it go without your oatmeal?? Oh, and I am glad your tooth is better! I know that gets annoying when a tooth is bothering you!

Donna – Saturday!! Me too!! Ugh! Cramps and the whole nine yards for me too! I was supposed to weigh today, but I didn’t , because I am so bloated! Hope you feel better!!

Elisha – How was the car trip? Your grandma sounds really sweet. Hope you got a sweet doggy!

Gracenote – Welcome! I do WW too. I look forward to getting to know you!

MsRD – I saw that you were down a pound. Good job! And, don’t worry…I know a couple of pieces of cake wont be stopping you!!

Lauren – Glad you are better!

Today has been a good day for me eating wise. Gotta up my water and get in my exercise. I got in a ton of walking this weekend! I am sore today from it! So, I feel good about that. My eating was pretty good…not stellar, but no sweets, which is a miracle for me!

Take care! Let’s keep hanging in there!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #370  
LucyKitty

Well... I finally came back. Been super busy, what with the parents' new house and all. Work has been good -- good sales and making somewhat decent money, I guess.

Found out last night that there was a whole half gallon of chocolate ice cream in my freezer... well, I knew it was there. BUT, I didn't touch ANY of it!! And it's gross now, like 3 months old, so it got tossed. Yay!

I went to get my depo shot today, which went well. Spoke to the MA, who administered the shot, and she expressed concern over my weight. I told her that I'd already lost around 80 lbs, and I'm hanging around 165-170 right now, but unable to get that stupid number to move. She told me that I was out of shape and all of this, and that if we were planning to have kids, I need to take care of it. I told her everything I'm doing -- eat right, run 2 miles every freaking day, all of this... and we kind of decided (mostly me deciding here...) that I am going to talk to a normal doctor about something to fix this. I want kids in 2-3 years, and so does the hubby. I don't want to be 40 lbs overweight when I have them, because it'll be harder on my body and it won't be healthy for them to grow up with a mom who has serious self-image issues because she's 20 or 30 lbs overweight. I know what that does to a kid. I grew up with it. It can create serious self-image issues in the kids who grow up with a mom like that. I DO NOT want my children to grow up with that. Soooo... as a basically major decision on my part, I'm going to see a doctor about some form of medication to help, if possible. We all know (Well, Julie, Lisa, Jaymi, Jenn, etc etc, know) that I do everything well, and that I eat more protein than carbs, that I drink the water, I work out like mad, I allow myself ice cream once a week (which I haven't even done in months!) and little things like that... I am doing it the right way. Even my regular doctor has said a million times that he's proud of me and that I did it the right way, and that he wouldn't have given me medication in the beginning anyway, because he wanted to let me show him I WOULD do it, and that I AM doing it. Well, now he retired and I have to find a new doctor, but I simply am horribly depressed and upset that it will NOT go away. I talked to my aunt, whose husband (my mom's brother) is on some weight-loss prescriptions from his doctor. He's fairly overweight, but like all of my family -- low cholesterol, low blood pressure, low everything. She told me how he's been doing, and I've talked to him about it, too. I then spoke with my hubby, who said that he sees me day in and day out, and he knows very well how hard I am trying and working at this, and that maybe I just need a little bit of help. I feel unhealthy because I LOOK unhealthy. Even if I have been working at this for about three years now, I think I just need a little help to kick the last of it off. I have totally realistic goals, here, too. That's the other thing. My goal is not to wear some stupid little bikini on a beach and have no cellulite. ****, even if I WAS that skinny, I wouldn't wear it just because I think I'd be uncomfortable. But not having all of this extra to carry around would make me a lot happier.

Sorry about the rant and all... and I know some of you are absolutely 500% against any diet pills of any kind, but I am basically at the end of my rope here, guys. I guess the reason I said all of this is because this is a major support area for this part of my life, and I feel like I need to be totally honest with my weight loss plans and what I'm doing. If I write down lies in here, I'm doing absolutely nothing to help myself or anybody else -- I'm just lying to myself. And that's not cool with me.

So as soon as we have medical insurance (next month, i believe...), I'm going to make an appointment with a doctor and be totally serious abotu this. No, I'm not morbidly obese. No, I'm not so overweight that it really damages me physically. But it would improve several important things -- my arm (burned & healing), my bad back, and my sleep apnea.

Time to put the Lucy first in LucyLand for once, dang it. Time to do what needs to be done to finish this and not have to worry about this any more. Anyway, I hope you guys are doing okay. I'll update a normal update later on. Just needed to get that off my chest, chickies!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:06 PM   #371  
"workin' on my fitness"

ok, ok...to those with the prod...

I did my 2 miles WATP. See???? SIgnature line changed. LOL.

Later on it's UB workout time, but right now, soup is on, and it smells good!

Catch everyone in the morning!
Old 09-27-2004, 08:32 PM   #372  

hello all

This is going to be a great week......I am already guzzling down water and even had a run with the dog ( yes, I said run.....not far, not fast...but a run nonetheless). Food today was good......breakfast - cereal w/milk & tea.......mid morning orange juice.......lunch - carrot sticks and peaches.......dinner - chicken casserole, green beans, jello. Now, if that leftover piece of birthday cake would just stop calling my name........

Elisha.....you are being way too hard on yourself, girl. Have fun with Grandma, and make a new start when you get back.

Donna....whenever I have trouble with water retention, I just drink twice as much (if possible) water. I think it just flushes that bad stuff out.

Jenn.....glad you made it thru another storm and everyone is ok. The 'storm fatigue' has got to be hard on you and your diet......eliminate that stress with exercise....works every time!

Hikein.....good job at dodging Wendys! They do have some nice salads at Wendys......but sometimes I will be thinking salad and my mouth opens and says something stupid like 'double cheeseburger, fries and a frosty'. Yikes!

Gabwill......you are absolutely inspirational with the amount of exercise that you accomplish! Don't worry that you are only down one pound......it is one pound GONE!

Lucy....vent away, darling.....that's what we are here for. I have never tried diet pills so cannot give you any advice there. Choose a good doctor......and listen to him/her.....and, if pills are prescribed, check to see what kind of side effects you will have. You have been so successful with your weight loss that I am sure you will continue.

Gotta sit down and pay bills ......and drink more water.......lol
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #373  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks.

Today was so calorically bad I don't even want to think about it. At least I'm drinking some water now, right? No exercise, of course, of course.

Still frustrated with myself. I keep saying that days like today are "special occasions," but that seems to be turning into every stinking day. These are NOT "special occasions," these are actual days of my life, and I have to learn to deal with days like that. Otherwise I'm never going to accomplish anything.

This will be the first month since I started this journey (in February) that I have gained weight instead of lost. I'm so disappointed in myself I just want to scream. I keep making excuses (oh, it was vacation! oh, it's just this once! oh, it was whatever!) and it's not doing me any good.

Starting right NOW I am back on track. I want to be 185 or lower by X-mas, which is about 5 pounds per month, which is perfectly reasonable if I just get my act together. I can do this. I will do this.

I have got to do this.
~Elisha
Old 09-28-2004, 08:13 AM   #374  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Motivation level: 9.8

Yeah, much different mood from last night. Blame it on Mother Nature and her insistence on PMS.

I actually got up and exercised this morning! YAY! Only 20 minutes, but 20 is better than 0. I slept too long to do more than that. I kept telling myself, "only 20 minutes, only 20 minutes." I just had to do something. Once I'm back into the habit of exercising for a week or so it will be much easier, no matter how long I actually do it.

So today is going to be a good day. I reset my DietPower software so I'm starting fresh. I set it to put me at my goal weight of 160 by my birthday next year (well, technically I set it to June 1 instead of May 29, but I don't think 3 whole days is going to make that much of a difference).
Here's the plan for today:

Exercise: 20 minutes on stairclimber

Breakfast: 16 oz. water, coffee w/creamer, tortilla w/ff cheese, 2 scrambled eggs, hot sauce

Lunch: Diet Vanilla Coke, Lean Pocket (not sure what flavor), mini cheddar rice cakes

Dinner: chicken of some sort, veggies of some sort, and perhaps a grain of some sort. Water, water, and some water.

I'm going over to the bf's, but instead of eating out I convinced him to let me cook us something healthy. He's so sweet... he was chatting with me last night during my rant, and he saw how upset I was. He's all on board to help me in any way he can. (He was before, it was just reinforced.)

Anyway, I have to go get ready for a long day at work. Have a great day, chickies!
~Elisha

P.S. Look for a new Weekly Focus thread from me tomorrow, and watch for an Instant Motivation thread coming soon!

Visit www.greatday.com!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:16 AM   #375  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies!

I've got a long training class ahead of me today, so just wanted to peek in here to say good morning, and post my food & plan for the day.

Breakfast
8 bite size mini wheats
1/3 cup smart start
1 peach cottage double
1oz fat free cheddar

Lunch
3/4 cup whole wheat pasta
3/4 cup meat sauce

PM Exercise
2 miles WATP, minimum
resistance band workout

Dinner
Maybe more soup- that hit the spot & really warmed me up.

I'll check in when I can get a break!

Happy Tuesday!!!!