Old 09-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #346  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

(((((hugs)))))) to you all!! I will be back on Monday!!! I am working all weekend at a big fundraiser/arts and crafts fair!! I won't have a moment to breathe!! But I'll be sending you all good thoughts!!! Have a super weekend!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:32 AM   #347  

well I did my taebo today and also my power90 video. It felt good even thought I didnt' get motivated until almost 6 this evening. That is alright since it felt good and starting tomorrow I will be doing the advanced taebo which is 20 minutes more. that is a good thing. Yesterday, my body needed a rest so I took it and feel good about it although sunday will be another rest day.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:42 AM   #348  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening chicks! Or I guess I should say "morning" now...

Today was a good day. Calories came in at 1273, which is just plain fantastic, right where I want to be, water wasn't bad (wasn't great, but getting better), and I got all stocked up on healthy foods. I bought some Boca Burgers, the cheeseburger flavor, because they were on sale and have only 100 calories per burger--man, are those things awesome! Only 100 calories! And SO easy! I think I have a new favorite dinner.

Speaking of dinner, here's my menu for today. Not exactly what I planned, but no surprise there.

Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/creamer, tortilla with sl. American cheese, 2 scrambled eggs, black beans, rice, and salsa. It was interesting.
Lunch: Diet Pepsi, steak fajita LeanPocket, pretzels, key lime honey mustard pretzel dip (it's good, really!)
Snack: Slim Fast peanut butter crunch bar, a few pretzels left over from lunch
Dinner: Boca Cheeseburger with mustard, water

No exercise though. As I said, I will work on that next week.

Ugh... my brain stopped a few minutes ago, and now there's just nothing left. That means it's bedtime. Have a lovely night, chickies!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:12 AM   #349  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Motivation level: 6

I'm getting there, slowly but surely. The rest of the family should get back from vacation tonight, so that will help with the craziness that is my house at the moment. My shower broke this morning. It wasn't a big deal, we have another shower, it was just a big hassle. I swear, I am getting so fed up with this place it's not even funny! I can't wait until I start my new job and can afford my own place. *sigh* That is still months away. But, I could always hit the lottery. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

The food plan for today looks like this:

Breakfast: 2 c. coffee w/creamer, tortilla with 2 scrambled eggs, FF cheddar cheese, a little bit of salsa
Lunch: Diet Vanilla Coke, steak fajita Lean Pocket, pretzels, pretzel dip
Dinner: Dunno. Going to BF's, but he says he's stocked up on healthy food for me, since he saw how serious I am about it. How sweet is that?

I forgot today is Saturday (it's easy to forget it's the weekend when you still have to work), so I went ahead and posted a Question and a Quote, but I probably won't in the morning (unless I'm particularly inspired), and maybe not even on Monday, depending on how many people have replied to today's Question. I guess we'll see.

Tomorrow is back to exercise. I don't have to work late tonight, so I should get a reasonable amount of sleep. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I guess we'll see with that too.

Anyway, I've gotta get moving. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
~Elisha

Anyway, today is going to be a good day, in spite of it's start.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:09 AM   #350  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies! No time to stick around, but I wanted to at least get a post in.

We're doing last-minute hurricane prep now, as the storm is predicted to make landfall about 12-20 miles from where we are. Have I mentioned lately how fed up I am with these storms??? Just making sure

Lots of shutters & plywood going up, removing any debris from Frances that's been sitting around from 2 weeks...my new gutter went up Tuesday, and so help me if it gets ripped of AGAIN in this storm...I will be one pissed off chickie.

I'll post when I can- don't know what our power situation will be, but I'm a pyro, so I have at least 10-12 big yankee candles & we'll have weeks & weeks & weeks worth of light that way.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend...stay safe, anyone else who might be in this path- Lisa & Jaymi, you two might see some weather from this in the next day or so.

**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #351  

well I did the advanced taebo workout for the first time ever and that was hard. Couldn't do all of what they asked for but that is alright since I did most of it. It was fun for the most part and I am so glad tomorrow is my day off from exercises since I will be too sore anyway. I also did my circuit training so that is good. That is all that I have for now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 01:16 PM   #352  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hello!

I'm joining the challenge. As of my WW weigh in yesterday, I am 181.2 pounds. My October 31 goal is to be under 175.. I know I can do this if I just stick with it!!
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #353  

Be safe, Jennifer!
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:29 PM   #354  

Hello All

Weigh in today went about as expected. I did lose a pound.....that is good.....but I can't help but think it would have been more had I stayed on plan. Food was pretty good this week.......water could have been better.......exercise was non-existant. Rather obvious what I did wrong.....thank goodness that every day is a new day!

Haven't been on the past couple days, so I can't wait to explore our new digs.....gotta check out that recipe thread......and a separate thread for QOD - how cool is that! Don't know about the bios thread though......will have to gather a little more courage before baring my soul here......lol

Jenn......please stay safe. The 4th hurricane in 6 weeks is more stress than the average chickie is meant to endure. As this point, I think I would be hiding in a closet whimpering....

Miss Elisha.....sorry the vacation didn't contain the R&R you needed. Reality kinda reaches up and slaps you every now and again.....but sounds like you have the food plan back on track.

Gracenote......welcome! Glad you could join us on our journey. Are you working on any special food/exercise plan to accomplish your goals?

Drazen.......35 miles! I am so impressed. Give DH points for the "you look great" part and forget the rest

Sparked......An Atlantic City birthday party....what a great idea! Sure sounds like a mini challenge to me!

Lisa......Don't worry.....we all have bad food days......trust me on this one! But it sounds like you are bouncing back with extra determination, so you will be successful!

Have a great weekend!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:34 PM   #355  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies! Just checking in here before things deteriorate further. We've had quite a number of bands come on shore, and we've had strong wind and gusts most of the day. Now that the sun has set, it makes it rougher here. The storm is supposed to make landfall by 9pm tonight, and then by 5am, start moving up out of our area.

The cats are ok, my mom is calling us about every hour and a half to two hours to check on us. The power has dimmed, so I am going to light some of the candles now, just in case. Gotta keep kitty whiskers away from the flames, so that can be the evening entertainment.

Food today is not good- plain pasta w/ butter & parmesan, a hot dog, potato chips- basically, a write off. I promise that once the storm is gone & the taxes are done, I'll let you all have a turn with the tazer, and we'll get me back on track once & for all.

And if we hear anything about "Hurricane Matthew," I really, truly, will come spend 8 weeks with any chickie who'll have me.

I noticed 2 new faces....Welcome to the group- When we aren't being blown off the mat, I promise, you'll get a better response than that!

More as it happens!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:30 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well - I've been out of the loop for around a week - I've had really bad bronchitis so exercise and even diet were out of the question! I actually lost about a pound not eating for several days, but I've probably gained it back yesterday and today!

I am starting back to counting calories and exercise tommorow - wish me luck!
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:45 PM   #357  

Default Saturday Night

Gracenote - great progress on your goals!! You are well on your way!

Jennifer - these hurricanes are getting so "common" that the news isn't even giving them the same coverage. STAY SAFE!!

-----------------------

I have been busy the past couple days and seem to be right on track with food and exercise.

Yesterday went horseback riding for 1.5 hours. Today I was out at the stables for almost 4 hours. I rode both horses. This means fetching them from pasture, grooming, saddling, riding, unsaddling, grooming and turn-out for each. I was out in the sun all afternoon...beautiful sunny day, slight breeze and 70 degrees. About picture perfect! Both Annie and Ace were mellow and our rides went nice. My legs are toast tonight!! Pooped!!

I may let them rest tomorrow and take the hounds out for a hike/walk at the park. That's a 3 mile jaunt and will probably poop me out again!! (or I may do nothing tomorrow...who knows!)

I stepped on the scale after getting home from riding and it said 173.5....like HUH? how is that possible. Will wait for a couple days to see if it stays down there. I must have had a totally empty stomach at the time.

My new tooth/crown is feeling much better. I'm still trying to decide if its hitting a little high or not. You know the way you have to get used to something new in your mouth. In a week if I can still notice it, then I may have to have it filed down a bit. I'm hoping it goes away!! ;j-)

I'm starting to think that starting my day with a big bowl of hot oatmeal is helping my weightloss a lot. This morning I cooked it on the stove top (doesn't take long). I don't like messing with the stove on work-mornings though.

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:47 AM   #358  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Sunday MOrning~

I haven't been here in a couple of days and I feel so disconnected. Ineed my chickies! It's been a busy couple of days. I did manage to read the posts last night, but DD was biding for my affection, so I had to get off the computer for a while! I have tons to do today, too so I wanted to get in here early and check in...

Friday and Sat, no formal exercise! I just couldn't fit it in...it's not an excuse, just fact! I did a few reps with the weights on Friday at work when I was showing my colleague my UB circuit . Hubby and I went to see Phil Collins Friday night...a birthday present to himself! It was pretty good! I only drank water at the concert. We had a nice dinner at TGIF's and I had the Chicken Quesadilla's appetizer and a dinner salad. I did have 2 glasses of wine (which was wonderful, BTW!) and about 5 spoonfuls of his birthday Sundae! He "saved me from myself" with the rest of it and smushed his dirty napkin on top of it!!! That is a huge temptation for me!!! I just kept eating it! The rest of the day was ok. I'm having problems again at work with chocolate! <Sigh!>

Yesterday was ok, too. STill no exercise! I spent the better part of the day with my step Mom working on my China scrapbook. We got 14 pages done, so it was productive, anyway! We are doing this once a month (she sells Stampin' Up and has a very creative mind and loves to do this, so it works out for both of us!) I may have my China scrapbook done (We adopted our daughter and went there in July, 2000!) by Christmas! Yea! Came home and took a nap and just lounged the rest of the day! Tsk, tsk, tsk!!!

I plan to get some exercise in today. Supposed to be a beautiful day here today, so probably a nice bike ride. We have to make a trip to the grocery store after church and I will be stocking up on fresh veggies & fruit! We seem to be out...

Jennifer, Lisa & anyone else...hope you all stay safe! Let's hope Monday brings some nicer weather your way!

The rest of you...I will be back later to comment, but you all seem to be losing and doing great! Keep up the great work!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:11 AM   #359  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies! Welcome new chicks!

Motivation level: 7

I'm going to exercise today! When I get home from work, I'm putting in a movie and climbing on the stairclimber! No questions, no excuses, I'm just going to do it!

Food yesterday was ok, calories were a little high (1871), but considering I went out to dinner it's not too incredibly bad for me. Usually that would be my dinner itself!
Breakfast and lunch went exactly as planned (imagine that!), and dinner was water, salad with way too much blue cheese dressing, grilled chicken with salsa and a little sprinkle of cheese, fries, and sauteed veggies. Oh, there were also some Cheetos thrown in before dinner, since I didn't get to eat until after 10:30... I was kind of hungry, and that was all that was available. *shrugs*
I did get in about 40 ounces of water, which is good for right now.

Today's menu looks like this:

Breakfast: I'm breaking this into 2 small parts, because I always eat too early and get hungry way before my scheduled lunch break at work, but I'm also hungry early in the morning, so this is my solution.
8:00am: 2 c. coffee w/creamer, 1 egg, 2 sl. red. cal. wheat toast
11:00am: water, Boca burger with mustard, 2 sl. red. cal. wheat bread
Both of these together come to 440 calories, and that's only slightly more than where my breakfast usually comes in, so it's all good.

Lunch: diet vanilla Coke, some new light frozen dinner thingy that was on sale and looked yummy

Dinner: TBD. Mom and Dad will be home this evening, but probably won't feel like cooking, so there's a good chance I will be left to my own devices. Most likely another Boca burger or a Lean Pocket, possibly a hot dog.

And there will be exercise! At least 30 minutes, hopefully closer to 45, but since I haven't exercised in a few weeks, I'll just pay attention to my body and see what happens.

Tomorrow I get to drive to Columbus, OH, with my grandma to get her new puppy. She's been looking all over the eastern seaboard for an AKC-registered airedale, and she finally found one, so here we go! She's been hinting that she might bring one home for us too. She's getting a male, and the lady also has a few females left from another litter that aren't related, and my mom does really want one (and so do I, but I don't need a dog right now). If we get two, we can breed them again, then we can all have airedales!

I could talk about pets for days!

I'll probably check in in the morning, and I'll definitely check in tonight, and tomorrow night. I know eating tomorrow isn't going to be great, but I'll try to keep the damage to a minimum. My grandma has been one of my biggest supporters, so I should be ok.

Ok, I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and I hope all you southeastern chickies are safe!
~Elisha

Last edited by miss_elisha; 09-26-2004 at 09:15 AM. Reason: I have no use for typos.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:05 PM   #360  

hello All

Someone once told me that there is no reason to have that second piece of cake.....after all, it doesn't taste any better than the first piece, right? Well, I wish I could say that rationale got me thru the GD birthday today.........and now I am feeling uncomfortable, like I have eaten waaayyyy too much at one time.

Lauren.....so glad to see you again and that you are feeling better. You will be back in the swing of things soon

Hikein......your scrapbooking day should get me going. I have over 100 postcards from DH grandmother.....some dating back to 1905. I just ordered a scrapbook and postcard pages.....all archivally correct.....so that I can preserve them for the next generation. I also want to include an info page about Grandma......so folks will know a little more about her too.

Miss Elisha....how smart to break your breakfast into 2 parts! That will keep you from snacking on something unhealthy to get you thru. I sometimes do that in the afternoon......save my oatmeal bar for mid-afternoon, so I won't be ravenous and out of control when I get home.

Think I will try to get some exercise in.......and a couple glasses of water wouldn't hurt either....

Last edited by MsRD; 09-26-2004 at 07:07 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote