Old 09-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #241  

Default Happy Friday!

Hello everyone!

First off, THANK YOU so very much for all of your kind words and condolences....Jennifer, Aquareggie, Hikein2005, Lisa, and Waywardgirl...I really appreciate your support!

Well, I have to say, I have been really proud of how much I have been exercising since starting this challenge. I ran 3 miles yesterday, and did 2.5 miles on the stairmaster today. DD and I have kinda worked out a routine where after her first feeding, she falls back to sleep and will usually wake up while I am exercising, but will usually hangout and watch me until I am done.

Food has been ok, and I have been limiting my alcoholic drinks as well (I did and will splurge on Sundays for football though!) DH pissed me off last night though, b/c he left for the wake at 6pm and didn't come back until 10:30. Not that I don't trust him, but he works with all women, and he just so happened to be following the prettiest, blondest, THINNEST woman down to the funeral home...so he tells me. Then, while he is gone, I fine the directions, specificially written out for him, and not the same route that he told me about (he said rt 1oo was under construction, and that was why he was following this woman) There was NO rt 100 on these directions! Then he comes home, has obviously been drinking, and tells me that he also had a cigarette, b/c he and all the women that he works with went to Applebee's for a drink b/c the wake was so horrible. OK, I can understand that, but call, ya know? Then I finally confront him with SOME of these issues with him later and he tells me that he went for a drink BEFORE the wake too! Now, I don't know if he went with this woman or not. I'm being irrational, it sounds worse than it is. He really isn't the cheating type. I just hate the lying. I'm gonna push the issue a little more tonight.
Needless to say, I haven't had much of an appetite today, and may have a few drinks later myself. Fortunate in some, but unfortunate in others, I tend to lose weight if I drink, but I know how unhealthy it is!
OK off my
Thanks for listening/reading!!

Grn ize...welcome! There is a lot of support here!

Lameducklucy.......6 minute mile!? I am jealous! I'm lucky to do an 8 minute mile when running my 3!

Jennifer.......Crazy! We have so much in common! I grew up watching the Islanders around the same time (late 70's-80's) when they were actually good! Where in NY did you live?

Aquareggie.........Way to stick to your goals!

Hikein2005.......Sorry about your lose too. Atleast something good came out of it! Way to resist the ice cream! Hope your kitty is ok!

Lisa.......Nice job on not caving in on the BK!

Waywardgirl............As always, great diet! Way to stick with it!

Hotcupojava......Hello! Midnight run outside on a track??? Be careful!!! You are brave. Hope you are carrying mase!

Have a happy and healthy day everyone!
drazen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:19 PM   #242  

Default Friday!!!

Hi Everyone!

Just got home from and hour and half ride. Legs got a work out! (and so did Ace!)

I stepped on the scale after I got home and it said 176...that is 3.5 pounds less. Yesterday I was 178.5

Is it possible to be 2.5 pounds less in a day? That seems like a lot...although I know my stomach was EMPTY at the time.

In any case, the scale is heading in the right direction and I won't step on it for a few days now, as I know it can flucuate around some.

My husband is now eating my 100 calorie Cheese Nip snacks...jeepers, can I have anything for myself? MEN!!!

I've been doing fine w/food. I truly think my apetite is starting to be less now that I've been at this a while. That makes it a **** of a lot easier...couple that with the scale saying I'm going down...well, that's all the inspiration I need!!

Drazen I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. Try to take care of yourself first. Personally I never trust any male animal 100%. But there isn't much we can do about it...SO take care of yourself first!!

It's my sister that is driving me crazy these days! Luckily she lives a state away and is moving way south this winter. I've pretty much written her off for her selfishness at this point. She was so rude to me on the phone yesterday when I called to check on her house in Alabama! She insulted my horses (called them donkeys) my car and me all in one stinging sentence. It is funny how jealousies from childhood NEVER go away. Oh well. I can't change her, all I can do is step aside.

Very long story!!

The weather here is beautiful! Upper 60s, breezy, sunny. It was so gorgeous riding out in the fields today!

Question of the Day - when do I like to work out? NEVER!! HA! The only time of day I can fit it in is the evening during my work week. When I don't work I almost always go riding...so that is my work-out...or at least as much as I'm going to do!!

I like to be able to be in front of the TV so I can get my mind off of the exercise. That makes it real easy. Once I get the length of time I exercise up (it's only about 15 minutes), then I sometimes will go for energetic music. I'm very private about exercising...I don't like to do it in front of my husband or anyone actually. I sometimes go in the spare bedroom and do it there...when he's home he is either sleeping on the couch or working outside around the house, so he never notices me.

Have any of you tried CURVES Club? I did that about 3 years ago. I found it incredibly BORING,. And they never had any different machines... It did help my cardio=vascular, however, it increased my apetite and I didn't lose any weight after 6 full months of it! I went 3 times a week!! I just didn't think it was very effective. Plus I had to spend $40 a month. I do better on my own.

Birdiegirl
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:43 PM   #243  

Happy Friday!

QOD.....when do I like to exercise? Definitely evening.......I am not a hit the ground running morning person......and midday, I am at work...so that leaves the PM. After a day at work, exercise gives me an energy boost and seems to relieve the stresses of the day at the same time.

GrnIze.....welcome! You certainly will get support from this group......your goal sounds doable, so have it!

Hikein.....hope the kitty is ok......I know how those little varmints can wrap themselves around your heart.

Gabwill.......5 miles! I am so impressed!

Lucia.....you have been doing so great, I am sure your weigh in will show it!

Lisa Girl.......glad you have weathered the storm and everyone is ok.

Miss Elisha.....have a great vacation! What a good idea to pack healthy snacks for the trip!

Lucy.....a 6-minute mile! Just finishing a mile would be good enuf for me......never mind the time!

Hotcupojava.......Please be careful with your nighttime field and track! Could you possibly rearrange your day and get the running in during the daylight?

Laundry calleth.......have a great weekend, chickies!

Last edited by MsRD; 09-18-2004 at 06:58 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:06 PM   #244  

Gosh, I haven't been in here so long that no one remembered me.. I'm teasing you all.

We have had some wind and rain here from Ivan and it's enough to drive a person crazy. In fact, my DD did not sleep at all last night for she was so nervous with all the talk of tornado warnings and all.

I have been doing well I think with staying OP. I need to journal my food though I am finding out because I lose track in my mind how many flex points I'm digging into since I'm just learning what is a CORE food and what isn't. It will take time but I feel it is working already.

I do not know what the QOD is because I am two days behind but hope that I will get caught up with every one soon.

Sorry been gone so long.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:38 PM   #245  

Today, I did my Power 90 video and took my daughterto the mall for a long walk. My husband didn't get home from work until about 6 this morning so felt I needed to let him sleep so we went to the mall. Didn't do any more walking once we got home but that is alright. I know I walked more then a mile and I surprised myself by trying on clothes that I wouldn't have ever worn before. Since I have been watching what I eat and exercising, I have a bit more confidence. There are some things that I wish would have fit better but it has only been a few weeks. It takes time. Other then that I relaxed.

Dilleight- I get up at 445 and am out of the house for 5 to go run in the morning. Noone knows that I am out there but my husband. I don't do it while anyone is around although I used to. Now since I push myself harder I rather be out by myself. Around here people usually don't start to leave their homes until 530 and I am done by then. By the end of the month I will have a treadmill though. It should be here by the 30th. THat is good that way I can get up when I want and do it in the privacy of my home. Bright red, huh? I do that to. When I smile a little I am already red so I hate to see how I look while exercising. I used to exercise with others that turned red so I felt at home then. It was funny to me. My family does it too so it isn't too big a deal anymore.

Jennifer- Thanks for the encouragment

Lisa- I do like being a SAHM because I don't miss anything with my daughter but I would like to get out more during the day to meet others my age. That is only one of the downsides. I also want to go back to work (my mom always taught me to work for what I want and I sometimes feel guilty that I am not contributing to the bills like I used to). Other then that. I love it. It gives me the freedom and energy to do all that I am now to lose this weight.

BirdieGirl- I tried curves right after I had my daughter. I like more physical things but I got up early when noone was there to run and do everything that I needed to do. I did like it and it was the cheapest "gym" in town at the time so it suited my needs back then but I doubt I would join another. It just wasn't for me.

QOTD- Mornings since it gives me enough energy to make it through the day and if anything comes up I don't have to wonder if I will get it done at all that day.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #246  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Just a quick Saturday morning check in! I got up around 7 this morning, not feeling at all like exercising, but I reminded myself that I didn't get my exercise in yesterday. I got to thinking, "How badly do I want this???". For me, the answer is "Really badly!!" So, I absolutely forced myself to get on the bike and pedal- I grabbed my new book, which is action packed, and I did it --I got in my 10 miles, and then did one extra!! It took me 36 min. I had the tension pretty tight on the bike for the first 20 min., and then I eased it up some for the last bit.

I am definitely going to be here posting today and tomorrow - coming here last weekend saved me!! I'll be back in a bit to get personal! Have a terrific weekend guys!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #247  

Default Saturday Check In

Hi! I'm eating lunch and then taking my beagle boy Chip out to the park/woods for a long hike/walk. It's a trail that we take our horses to sometimes, but is also a pet trail. Chippy will go wild sniffing everything!!

My hubby and son are playing paintball today and it's too nice not to get out extra today (I"m also going riding late this afternoon.)

Just got back from Target and bought a new bigger crockpot. Put in beef brisket with a ton of veggies for supper tonight. The boys will eat mostly meat and I'll eat mostly veggies. I used my Penzies Beef Pot Roast seasoning. Do any of you shop Penzies spices?! They are supper! http://www.penzies.com But if you have a local store, it's really fun to go in and smell the place!

I also got my first George Foreman grill. Does anyone have one? I'm hoping it's not another counter top dust collector. It was cheap and will be fun to play with anyway!

Guess fall is in the air as I'm feeling like cooking.

I have to watch the Apprentice episode tonight, I missed it Thursday night! I already found out who got fired, darn,...I didn't want to know!!

Have a great weekend!
Birdiegirl
Old 09-18-2004, 01:25 PM   #248  

Default Corrected Link for Penzeys

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html
Old 09-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #249  

Happy Saturday!

Just a quick check-in......mostly because I want to let you know the weigh-in was great....down 3 pounds! Yikes.....more than I had hoped for. Maybe my Halloween goal isn't as unreachable as I was beginning to think!

Lisagirl....your 'how badly do I want this?' is the motivation that is going to get me thru the weekend. Thanks!

Gabwill.....working outside the home for a paycheck is highly overrated. Being a SAHM was one of the best times of my life.....and I felt I contributed to the household by having the time to be the hands-on Mom, have a garden, cook healthy from scratch foods, sew....and I also saved money by not having to run the wheels off a car or have an 'office' wardrobe. Enjoy this time while you can!

Birdiegirl.....a day to yourself! What a luxury! And the dinner sounds fabulous!

Well.....back to the garden.....want to get it ready to plant daffodils soon!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:30 PM   #250  

well today I did a little walking (about 30 minutes) and most of my taebo. I also did 40 minutes of circuit training. Tomorrow will just be going for a walk... probably 5 miles. Not sure yet though. I weigh in on monday and am not really sure what to expect about that. Anyway

MsRD- Sounds good that you lost more then you expected. 3 lbs... I would take that. And I do enjoy staying home I just need some out time and also I know what I want in the future and with my husband having the only income we won't be able to buy that extra car nor buy a house like we plan to and I would like to help out sooner then later. Either way in May I will be working since that is the soonest that my daughter can go to daycare. Besides, I like dressing up. I was always one to do more then what is expected though and I feel lost not doing it now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:24 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Just a quick note to say I'm still going strong. The luncheon went great on Thursday. It was a potluck and I only ate salad and raw veggies. Yesterday my hubby took the day off, so I didn't get a chance to check in. And even though weekends are usually tough for me, I only had 1400 cals, walked a lot and drank my water.

Good luck over the weekend, everyone. I promise to address everyone on Monday.
Hugs, Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:46 PM   #252  

Alrighty, here goes:

Drazen - hon, I have been sending good thoughts your way. ((((Drazen)))). Hang in there chica. I am glad you felt you could put your thoughts down here. That's what we are all supposed to be about - supporting one another.

Donna - We didn't forget you!! Good to hear your post! Way to hang in there with the Core!!!

Gabwill - I am impressed - you are doing a fantastic job with your exercise. Good job!

Birdie girl - I just love my crockpot!! Especially in the cooler weather! I'll have to check out those spices!! Oh, and do you go on the internet for crock pot recipes?? I have found quite a few!!

MsRD - Woo hoo!!!!!!!! 3 pounds!!! You rock!!! I am so proud of you. You're gonna reach that Halloween goal for sure!!

Dena - You, too, are doing fabulous! Great job on hanging in there and going strong!! I know what you mean about weekends - they kill me sometimes (eating wise that is!).

I am so glad we all posted today!! This challenges inspires me more than anything! Thanks guys!!! Let's come back and post tomorrow too!!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #253  

Default Sunday, Sunday.....

Good morning!!! And, a beautiful morning it is here too!! All sunshiny with just a hint of Fall in the air - perfect!!

I weighed myself this morning. I am weighing in a day early, because we have a big family reunion today at lunch, and no matter how I choose there - I feel like the sodium might give a false reading on the scale tomorrow morning. So....................down another 3 POUNDS!!!! Yay! That makes 5 pounds so far for me. Gosh, yesterday was hard. I was hungry - so hungry that I just felt grumpy and mean because "everyone else" was eating the "good stuff"...in whatever quantity they chose. And, this morning I am feeling rebellious - trying to justify not exercising......saying to myself that today is a day of rest.......

MsRD - I keep thinking about what you posted last night...about how my comment motivated you to stay on track. And just thinking about that will probably keep me on track today!!! Thank you for saying that!!!

Is this ever, ever going to get easier??? O.K. - so I'm whining......

Have a terrific Sunday everyone!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:23 AM   #254  

p.s. - Just did the 10 miles on my bike.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #255  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickies!!! Internet is back at my house! Yippie!!!!!!!!

This is going to help me so much- I need my support network when I'm home & bored & thinking about being bad!

Hubby & I are going food shopping later today, so I'll have cottage doubles & more good stuff back in the house & not hurricane supplies.

I'll check back in later chickies- hope everyone is having a great weekend!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote