3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Old 09-12-2004, 05:03 PM   #136

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well, I'm doing pretty well. Did not weigh myself again today (I'm going to stick to doing that once or twice a week so I don't freak out about small changes either direction), but I did go to the university gym again and even took a yoga class. I really enjoyed that so think I'll get to it more often.

Nice job to all of you who are making such great progress! Keep it up - we can do it!
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #137
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Back from Camping!

I just got back and wanted to post a little note here to say I am so excitied for all ofyou!! You all are inspiring me! It was hard for me to stay on track this weekend. I really wasn't conscious of what I was putting in my mouth most of the time and I couldn't begin to tell you how much (bad stuff) I ate! YIKES! But let's just say...there was lots of "camping food" around and I had plenty of it! But...the good news is I drank lots of water and even managed to get in a walk (somewhat casual for me) with my sister and my cousin for about 2 miles yesterday! So that is good. I really TRIED hard to stay away from carbs, but I did not succeed! Once again...tomorrow is a new day!

I am going to figure out my workout circuit tomorrow to see if I can get cardio AND weights in an hour session and then maybe do that 3 times a week and then just cardio the other 2 days! I have the day off tomorrow, but it is full of appts. and I have to take DD to school in the AM, get a haircut, etc...so I will be busy! I am thinking workout is going to have to come super early or after supper!!! Just like a regular work day! Oh well!

Well, chickies...I'm off to have some veggies (Probably a salad!) and some protein!

Have a great night!

Hugs, Julie

10% weight goal
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #138
motomom

Default Fitness ARticle

Hi everyone,
I have been looking for some information about working out...specifically a routine and came across this article. Thought maybe it would help some in their quest for variety/reducing boredom! Happy Reading!
Exercise Article

Hugs, Julie

10% weight goal
Old 09-12-2004, 10:43 PM   #139

Weekend update

Weekends are the biggest challenge for me. I go out with my friends, and there is always a huge temptation to eat and drink more than I should. Also, I like sleeping in late on Saturday and Sunday, so I skip breakfast, then eat more junk later in the day to "make up for it". I also tend to skip the gym.

Saturday:
Breakfast- skipped
Lunch- junior cheeseburger, small fries
Dinner- Pita Pizza (I'm going to post the recipe in the Food thread- these are really good, reasonably healthy and don't taste "diet-y"), salad, 1/2 cup ice cream
Snacks- Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolata with skim milk, 1/2 slice zuccini bread, 2 Hershey's kisses

Total Calories for the day: 1430
Exercise: Zilch

Sunday:
Breakfast/Brunch- 2 eggs, 1/2 serving hasbrowns, 3 slices canadian bacon, 1 1/2 slices whole wheat toast with 1 tsp butter

Dinner- 3 Buffalo wings, 1 1/2 slices pepperoni pizza

Snacks- 1 cup chex mix

Total calories: 1520
Exercise: 2 brisk 45 minute walks

Drazen: Go Bills! Two of my sisters went to school at SUNY Fredonia.

BirdieGirl: The consumer watchdog group The Center for Science in the Public Interest has classifued Splenda as "Safe" (It has both sacchrine and aspartame on its "unsafe" list) They have a great website at www.cspinet.org
Diet Rite now uses Splenda in its sodas. I like it because they come in more interesting flavors than "regular" diet sodas, like red raspberry, tangerine and white grape.
waywardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:13 AM   #140
Onward and downward!

Hi Chickies,

Sorry I didn't catch up with you over the weekend, but I was so busy I didn't get the time! Funny thing was, I thought I was in for a relaxing weekend, but it turned out family and friends had other ideas . It was a great weekend though, and despite going out for dinner Saturday and lunch Sunday, I managed to stick with my eating and exercise plan, so I am feeling very pleased with myself.

Have a great day, catch up with you tomorrow!

"When day is done, be done with it."
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:36 AM   #141
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Exclamation Motivational Quote of the Day

The value of achievement is built upon the difficulties you must cross through in order to reach it. --Ralph Marston

Daily Question: What healthy goal do you want to accomplish just this week?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:52 AM   #142
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Motivation level: 5

Whew! What a weekend! Lots of fun, not a lot of sleep, not enough coffee yet (and I'm on my second cup!). The Wine & Jazz Fest on Saturday was a blast. I didn't do too terrible on eating, but I think the wine made up for those calories I gained by skipping lunch. Yesterday's eating was a little over--calories came in at 1644, and that's better than I expected, so it's all good. The new bf got to meet and hang out with the rest of my family, and they seem to get along pretty well, so this is a good thing. There was no formal exercise, but there was a good bit of walking involved on Saturday. Not enough to really count though. Oh well, at least I had fun, right?

On to today... I have a doctor's appointment in a little bit. I'll get my first *official* weigh-in since I started this Health Revolution of mine. (I only go for my yearly check-up, and it's been a little over a year this time.) I'm hoping to weigh in under 200, but with clothes, shoes, and the food in my tummy, plus accounting for the difference between their scale and mine, it's going to be close. My scale said 196 this morning, but who knows? I expected the wine to set me back a few pounds for at least a few days, and I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday to flush it out. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll check back in after my appt. to let you know how it turns out.

I'm going to ask her about my target weight--some of you might know that my goals have fluctuated a bit. I can't seem to decide where I want to be. I know it's a comfort zone... one of those "I'll know it when I see it" type of things... but just the same, I'd like to have something to aim for, and sometimes 150 seems just plain out of reach, and sometimes it seems like even that is too much. A professional opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm going to ask her to recommend a nutritionist. I can't afford to go see one at this very moment (no insurance presently), but in a few weeks it's a possibility. There are a number of questions I have, and I'm sure there's a ton of stuff that would be beneficial to my diet that I should be doing but don't know about, and I just think it would be interesting. I've become rather fascinated with the whole subject of how my body works and what it needs to operate at peak performance.

Anyway, I've gotta go shower. As I said, I'll be back after my appointment. I'll answer my QotD then. Hope everyone is having a great day!
~Elisha
Old 09-13-2004, 08:04 AM   #143
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Official Monday Weigh In!!

Climbed up on the evil metal box this morning: Glad to report to you guys a 2 pound loss for the past week! Unrealistically, I was hoping for more - but, like the statement says...Unrealistic!! I am proud of the past week, because I drank my water every day, exercised right on target, and had a good attitude. There were some definite things I needed to work on, though. Let's try not to blow all the flex points this week!!! And, I did go over a bit last night. This weekend, my FIL and MIL called with the news:"We're coming over with a dozen hot donuts for you all!!" DH told them, "Please don't!!!" But their minds were set - and the donuts came! I resisted all weekend and then had one last night in a moment of stress. All in all, though, I am making a change in my eating and exercise, and we are in a brand new week!!

My healthy goals for this week: 1. Continue my water 2. Exercise at least 30 min at least 5 days 3. Cut out some of the sweets that I eat with my flex points (I refuse to cut out all of them...but I don't need 35 flex points worth!!!) 4. Continue to post here - the place I get the most support of all!!

O.K., I must shower and get my sweeties off to school!! I'll be back in to make comments and check in!! Have a terrific Monday!! There's just something about Mondays that invite starting clean and fresh!! Let's have the best week ever!!

Lisa

In the depth of Winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible Summer.
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:06 AM   #144
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Oh, I forgot!!! Last night I added in 20 crunches (did them on the bathroom floor while I had the kids in the bathtub!!! ). I'm going to add some small things like that every day. Over a week, those things add up!! And, Lucy - I'm doing those butt squeezes you were talking about - didn't you guarantee big results with that???? I'm counting on your advice Lucy!!!! LOL!!

In the depth of Winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible Summer.
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:17 AM   #145

Well, I knocked some more off of my goal for Halloween. I went running today! First time since last monday. I did 1.5 miles which is very good considering that I couldn't even run 1/4th of a mile a few weeks ago. I still want to get up to 3 miles 3 days a week but that will take a little more time. That brings me up to 2.5 miles ran out of 30 total needed and 18 miles walked out of 90 total. I do plan onstrecthing my legs abit later today. I don't need them to cramp up on me tomorow so will probably walk3-5 miles today. I also did my Power90 sweat3/4 video and worked on my abs. And drank about 36 ounces of water! Well that is all for now

HW-180SW-165 CW-139 Short Term Goal- 139made 3/29/05 Long Term Goal- 125

spring time goal

gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #146

Hello!

I declined to weigh-in on Friday. Bad, bad, naughty Aquareggie. Weighing in is the only way I can keep accountable. Do you ever notice that it's we stop weighing ourselves while we gain weight? If I weighed in every week, I don't think I would gain the weight back.

But anyway, Thursday night was so bad with the cheese and the soda that I didn't want to get discouraged. First week of the challenge and all. Excuses, excuses. I also think my Halloween goal is unrealistic. I thought I'd be able to instantly cut my cals way down, but that's not happening. I will think about it some more and post a realistic goal later. Then this Friday, I won't be so afraid to weigh in. Especially since I'm counting on all of you to kick my butt if I don't.

Kelly -- How did the party with beer go? It is hard to go out with friends, when everything seems to involve food. Especially when your friends make different food choices than the ones you want to make.

Lameducklucy -- Butt squeezes? Hah! Never thought of it that way. Hey, is it possible to do them sitting down? I'm having thoughts of exercising during class. Squeeze and write and sqeeze and write and squeeze and write. It sounds like you were awfully sick. Even your eye hurt. I hope you are doing much better.

Redzam -- You are lucky that you have a girlfriend to work out with. How did the first day with the trainer go?

Jen -- Your post about what you like about your body was beautiful.

Jennifer -- Egad, an office where everyone's related?! Ew, that has to be hard.

Dill -- What's "gee stuff?" Sounds ominus -- please tell me it isn't something that adds 17,000 calories. I like Indian food way too much. Why don't we all just live on nan? And you are right about how we worry. Good grief, if some extra weight is our biggest concern in life, we can't be suffering too much.

MsRD -- I've got a husky, too! She loves exercise. In the winter especially. It's always funny, because it will be about 10 degrees out, and she'll be begging for a walk. So I'll put on a long wool coat, a hat, some gloves, long underwear, a sweater, and walk her. She's so happy that her human will bundle up and take her outside. One of these years, we're going to have a trademark midwest winter with temps 40 degrees below zero. Already I can imagine her wanting a walk. Can't wait.

Lisa -- I usually weigh once a week. This week I didn't eat the way I wanted to eat, and I didn't weigh in. Which is the worst thing I can do, because it doesn't force me to be accountable. Some groups on 3fc have a separate thread for weekly weigh-ins. Maybe we could start that. And you are awesome for sticking to your points that past day. It must have been tempting to go over. After all, just thinking about 0 points is kind of depressing. But you did it. And one hot donut is not the end of the world.

Birdie -- Noodles is great. It fills you up really fast, and makes it hard to eat too much. My husband always finishes his entree at Noodles. I have no clue how he does it. It's like there's this noodle regrowth mechanism at the bottom of the bowls. No matter how much you eat, it keeps growing back, I swear.

Lauren -- It must be nice to weigh yourself and find out you weigh less than you thought.

Gabwill -- You excercise a lot. Wow. Admirable.

Blondie -- Welcome! New makeup... hmm... maybe something fun for Halloween?

Elisha -- We were cross-posting. Glad to see you had a positive experience at the doctor's.

QOD: What healthy goal do you want to accomplish just this week?
I will drink a glass of water with every meal. That will increase my water consumption and decrease my sugary liquid consumpton.

Hey, everybody -- let's start a new thread, OK?

Last edited by Aquareggie; 09-13-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #147
Bound and Determined

I'm back! (Don't say I didn't warn ya... )

Ok, so the good news is, I'm as healthy as a horse, if still a bit overweight. My doc was very impressed with my weight loss so far, and she says she's very proud of the way I'm doing it... the healthy way. She asked if I had been skipping meals and I practically laughed in her face... I've never really been one for skipping meals. I weighed in right at 200... wish it could have just been one pound lower, but it's ok. It's still a lot less than it was last time I was there. And about my goal weight, she says 168-173. That means I have about 20 pounds less to go than I thought I did. It still seems to me like I have a lot of fat on my body though, at the very least 30 pounds. I guess I'll find out.

I also wanted to let my chickies know that I won't be around this evening or in the morning... have to go to a training session in Charleston tomorrow, and since it starts at 8:00am, they're overnighting me in a big fancy hotel. Who am I to complain? It's better than driving down there at 4:30 in the morning. So if someone else would like to post a QotD, feel free.
I will be keeping track of my food while I'm there. I'll eat lunch before I go, then dinner will be something reasonable... perhaps a grilled chicken salad or something along those lines.

Oh yeah, my QotD... what healthy goal do I want to accomplish this week?
I want to exercise at least 3 days, and I want to drink lots of water. I have GOT to stay focused on this. I'm not sure it's going to happen, at least in the exercise department, since tomorrow isn't really an option, and Saturday I'll be driving to the beach (though I may get in some exercise before that--we're not leaving until around 1pm). As for the beach... I don't plan to pay attention to what I'm eating, but I DO plan to get in lots of exercise--jogging, walking on the beach, horseback riding, etc, weather permitting.
I asked this question because, as some of you well know, I have to have *very* short-term goals, or they just don't happen. One week at a time is about as long as I can make it. Usually it's more like "I will drink this entire glass of water" or "I will go 5 more minutes on the stairclimber." That's part of the reason I do the QotD's... they keep my eyes on the goal, keep it forefront in my mind, and that is the hardest part.

Anyway, I've got lots to do. I hope everyone has a fabulously healthy day, both today and tomorrow!
~Elisha
Old 09-13-2004, 10:54 AM   #148
motomom

Default Monday Morning!

Morning Chickies! I have some time this morning! I thought I would be getting my hair cut right about now, but it turns out she didn't have an opening until 2:15...so I'm going to shoot for that and hope I can get to pick my DD up on time from school between 3:15 and 3:30!!! LOL!

This morning was quite exciting around here! NO...I didn't do any leaps and bounds with my exercise or diet, but...

The President was in town and we live about 1 mile (as the crow flies) from the airport...I got to see AirForce I land AND take off!!!! I got a picture (as best as I could) of it taking off about 30 minutes ago! I heard the engines start (we don't have large jets normally, so I could hear it from here!) so I looked out and decided I would go grab my camera, but by the time I could see it, it was pretty far away, so the picture is VERY SMALL!!! Hubby will be proud of me, though...he wished he could be here for it, but someone has to work today!!! LOL! The skies are swarming with Secret Service helicopters and I drove by the airport around 9:30 after I dropped off DD at school and it was swarming with cops in cars, on bikes and horses....

We haven't had any president in our town (small city in West Michigan) since Kennedy was president, so this has been very exciting! Just wanted to share all of that with you....it's certainly been a political year, hasn't it?

OK...Front and Center, Ms. Julie!!!!! So far today, I haven't gone off my eating plan, but it's early! I have had a very large SF Latte from the coffee shop, went to Walmart and picked up some protein items (cottage cheese, boca sausage for b-fast, turkey, cheese, etc) and also got some SF Vanilla syrup for my own homemade Lattes (figured I could save some $ doing it this way). I found a great little cheese spread called Laughing Cow. It comes in a wheel and there are 8 little individually wrapped packages of low fat cheese spread. I tried it on some low fat Triscuits this morning...very tasty! There isn't much protein (2 gms), but only 4 gms of fat and nice for a little snack! I'm thinking on a bagel would be good, too! My Dad gave me some Raspberry/Cherry jam he made last week and I tried it last night!!! Yummy!!! I am saving that for my cottage cheese in the mornings...make my own "cottage cheese doubles"!!! LOL!!! Perhaps there is more sugar than I really want, but hey...I don't have to have a lot...those ones you buy in the store is too much of the "jam", I think! I made a pot of Bean Soup this morning, too! We had a turkey smoked and took it to our family camping weekend...had some left over...perfect for soup! I'm making up a couple of crustless quiches (low fat) for later this week. I think I will freeze it in pieces and see how that works! I am putting broccolli, onion cottage cheese & low fat swiss in one and some artificial crab meat in another! I am hoping they will be yummy! I'll let you know!

Let's see...what else? OK, I'm going to go down and work out this morning while it's quiet around here! Need to get some water in me, too! I think all the fresh air this weekend dehydrated me...I've been so thirsty!!

You chickies are doing so well!!!

Lisa...you rock sistah!!! 2 lbs!!! Woo Hoo!

Gabwill...1.5 miles...I am PROUD of you! I have this "breast" issue with running...that and my knees about kill me!!! Maybe when I'm a few lbs less!!! You are doing awesome chickie!

Elisha...I sure hope that scale is nice to you! I know what you mean, though...but whatever the weight is, I'm sure that they will be proud of how far you've come! I know I am!!! Great job in keeping up with the program AND...I loved your post from this weekend when you were talking about the QOD and your body! You have been so honest about your feelings with this journey...and that says a lot! You kick some butt, girl!

Lucia...way to go on keeping to your program despite all of lifes's "interruptions! I am so proud of you...we have to keep each other motivated...you are doing awesome, girl! (BTW, I haven't earned a sticker YET since I started my chart! ...I need to get a grip on things!)

Waywardgirl...There's always HOPE on Mondays! I appreciate your honesty...it's a step in the right direction...you notice I did NOT post my food/alcohol intake for the weekend...maybe I should!!!

Lauren2pink...way to go on the gym sesssion...Yoga is a great thing! So centering!

Birdie girl...I am proud of you! You are doing such an awesome job with all your exercise and your discipline with your horse riding! My DD just started lessons...she'll be 5 in October! It is very exciting and she just adores all animals...but particularly horses!!

Dill...weekends are notorious for snacking and I personally have difficulty mostly on weekends when there is no "schedule"! I wish you luck...maybe we should have a "weekend challenge"????

OK, chickies...I have to run! Need to do my UB circuit...then off to the dentist! I'll try to check back in later this evening! Hope everyone has a great day...

Jennifer...I hope you are safe and sound! I miss you!

Hugs!

Hugs, Julie

10% weight goal
Old 09-13-2004, 10:55 AM   #149

Good morning chickies! Sorry I have not posted all weekend. It's hard to get online when dh is home!

Had a good weekend. Messed up a few times eating some of dh's birthday ice cream cake. Now it is gone so is the temptation but that really was my only downfall this weekend. Still doing heavy things in the house with painting still and all so I got a work out as well but this week I will be focusing on more traditional exercise. The treadmill is plugged back in and the pilate dvd is located with the mat. I'm ready!

Get to the question of the day... What healthy goal do you want to accomplish just this week? I may have answered it in the above paragraph and that is getting back into a good, exercise routine.

Jennifer, Ivan looks like he may be coming straight to me. I hope you don't live in the Panhandles because it looks like it is going to be hit first. I know you are tired of these things. When does hurricane season end any way???

Have a great day y'all!!! (southern ya know!!)

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 AM   #150

Happy Monday everyone!!! Time to start fresh with a clear mind. I didn't reach any of my goals this weekend. Food was bad. Not that I ate too much, but that I ate barely nothing. But forget about the past and think about today. I decided last night that I have to make my goals daily. Weekly just isn't working for me. So every night I will write in my paper journal the goals I have for myself the next day and I will check them off every night (Hopefully). For goals I sent myself today are - to walk 30 to 45 minutes (am going to the park after work) and 20 minute routine found in magazine; eat according to the menu I made last night and just get up and do it. No more laying around on the couch watching TV. I've followed my menu so far today where food is concerned. I think it is easier to post food the day after so then I have the total amount of what I actually ate.
Aquareggie - The party Friday night was great fun! I of course had WAY too many beers (but they were light beers!) I did refrain from having any jager bombs though. That's always hard for me! They had some great food there. Pulled pork smoked in a smoker for hours, cucumber tomato salad, jerk pork, baked beans, corn bread. I am very happy to admit that I only had a small serving (about 1/4 cup) of the pulled pork and even less of the jerk pork and NO birthday cake (sweets aren't my weakness anyhow). I must have been more interested in the beer!!
Drazen04 - I saw at some point you asked where in upstate NY I am. I'm in Syracuse. Traveled to Geneseo in the past though!!

Daily Question: What healthy goal do you want to accomplish just this week?
I want to get moving. No more laying around. I want to be doing something. Whether it being walking in the park. Cleaning my house or just rough housing on the livingroom floor with bf and d. I WANT TO GET MOVING!!!
STGW - Would LOVE to break away from 200
LTGW - 135-140
sparked is offline   Reply With Quote