Old 07-11-2004, 03:37 PM   #61  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

O.K. - good news guys, I weighed a couple of days early, and I am down 4.5 lbs!!! Mind you, it's probably just a bunch of water from the crap I ate in June, but you know how good it feels to get good numbers from the evil metal box- LOL!!!!

Pegi - I am a kindergarten teacher too!!! I am excited to get to know you!!! We can share ideas . This is gonna be fun! I am actually going to be staying home next year to be with my 2 youngest, but I will be going back.

Lucy - Glad to hear you in better spirits today .

A Broad - I'm going ASAP to check out that brownie recipe!!!

Jaymi - Great going on the 2 pound loss!! I know how it is to be strapped for time. Sometimes I feel like I go round in circles without a lot of time for myself. Hope your family day was fun!!

Jennifer - The deal is - I want you to tazer my a** good if I don't get back on that bike. I have some new good books, and that will be my motivation to get started again. Are you still riding that "Cadillac" bike of yours?? LOL I'm still riding the old beat up "station wagon" bike . Gotta love the old thing I guess! Seriously, I am committing to at least 5 days of exercise - you guys have my word on it!

Well, gotta go fold a mountain (not exaggerating) of laundry. Hope you guys have a good day, and I'll talk to you soon!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #62  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Sunday PM

OK girls...
I went grocery shopping and am working on prepping some food already for the week. I got lots of veggies. Chicken was NOT on sale, so we passed that up (it was about $5.00 a pound!!!! What's up with that???) I'm going to make a batch of spaghetti and chili to freeze with rice or something! We all like that around here! Did get some turkey lunch meat and ham, so lunches should be easy to whip up! I bought Smart Start on sale last week for $2.00 a box! Whoo Hoo!

We are in the midst of some crises which we are taking care of. The freezer took a poop (so we thought) the day we left before vacation, so some of our meat started to thaw and I gave it to a neighbor. She put it back in her freezer and cooked up the burger that was too defrosted and froze it for me! Sweet thing! Our dryer has been on the verge of dying for a while now and hubby took it apart to see if he could fix it and well...let's just say that I'm suprised it was still working!

Hubby decided to plug back in the freezer "just to make sure" it wasn't working and lo and behold...it works! I sort of wondered, but hey...I'm a woman, what do I know??!!! So we didn't have to get a freezer, but we went to Best Buy to get a dryer and were going to finance it...only for some strange reason (and our credit is PERFECT) they denied my hubby! Hmmmm! So off we went to Sears today and they gave us instant credit in about 3 minutes!!! OUr dryer will be delivered tomorrow! Yea! I have laundry piled everywhere in this house and most of it just needs to be folded and put away, but some of it is in dirty clotes baskets, too! I feel like my house is in shambles with a torn apart dryer in the laundry room and my fridge-freezer full of the meat we salavaged. I'll just be glad when things get back to "normal"!

Guess I need to get my butt in gear and start doing something around here (like fold the laundry or finish prepping the veggies, etc.) but I am going to take a nap for about 30 minutes (TOM is here!) while hubby has DD out for Daddy & daughter movie day!!! Yea!!!

Talk to you all later!

Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:17 PM   #63  

Hi ladies. I'm new to the message boards (as far as posting goes) but not to the site. I recognize a couple of names here from the journals - some that I have commented on. Jaymi - you and I have even shared an email or two on the marriage tip. It was nice sharing with you. I'm sure we'll have more opportunities to do so

Motivation is definitely what I need, which I am hoping to get here in the form of a Labor Day challenge. I am currently 175 (I hope, I haven't weighed in a couple of days) and my comfortable weight is between 160-165. That is the weight at which I am absolutely slim (not skinny) and can comfortably maintain without killing myself. I'm a size 10 and only 5'5" so you can see that I am extremely solid. No one would ever believe how much I weigh. Only my doctor (and my 3FC comrades) know the truth! I've come from 193/195ish and there is no reason why I should not be able to achieve this goal by labor day. At least to get below 165. So I am setting my LD challenge goal at 165. I like to have a 5lb range to play with and to make allowances for TOM bloating without freaking out mentally.

I am currently wearing a pedometer every day to ensure that I get a minimum of 10k steps a day. I work a desk job so I have to make very consious efforts to be active througout the day (taking the long way to the copier and going to the ladies room farther away, etc.). I also take two 15 minute walks - one at 10am and another at 2pm. My challenge now is to get back to the park most days after work to walk at least 30 minutes. I have the Leslie Samsone Walking Way the Pounds dvd's which I love but I haven't used them since winter. Since that time we got new living room furniture which doesn't really allow me the room to.....blah, blah, blah, blah - excuses, excuses. The truth is it will cost me nothing to just go straight to the park after work before coming home - dvd's aside.

Other than weight loss goals I would love for my size 10's to fit looser. I have no desire to go to an 8 due to my body frame / build. I'm a bit busty (38DD) and staying proportionate is very important to me since breast reduction is not in my future. I think I'll probably lose a little bit on top because at my heaviest I'm pretty sure I was in a 42.

Other goals:
1. Drink 104 oz water daily (two 7Eleven extreme gulp cups)
2. Get recommended 3-5 fruit/veggie servings daily
3. Minimize bread intake. I'm not counting carbs or anything, just staying aware of how much bread/grains/pasta/rice I consume since my diet can be very "bread-heavy".

Non-weight related goal:
1. Laugh at something every day. I would love to say find 3 things to laugh about every day but I think at this point it might be a bit unrealistic for me. Baby steps... I need to rediscover the art of giggling and finding the humor in things. Not to the point of being a clown, just to have a better perspective on things going on around me (marriage, work, weight, family issues, household issues, etc.). You know, don't sweat the small stuff-type thinking.

2. Enjoy life. Don't get caught up into waiting to achieve my weight loss goals before I start enjoying life. Time if flying by way too fast for that!

Sorry this is so long! I just wanted to let you all know where I am coming from!

Last edited by tens4life; 07-11-2004 at 05:19 PM.
tens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #64  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone, just a quick check-in to let you all know how bad I did today!! I ate like 2 candy bars... and 2 bowls of potato salad!!! So I know that was crap. I still havent exercised yet... and I doubt that I am!! I planned on it.. but my daughter won't sleep! So.... Lisa... Yes I buy regular koolaid and use Splenda because that s/f koolaid only comes in like 3 or 4 flavors.. and I don't like them.. plus it has 5 calories per serving.. BUT... it uses a lot of splenda... about as much as you use in regular koolaid. I also make popcicles out of them too!! YUMMY! Anyways Lucy, sorry you are feeling that way... I didn't get a bachlorette party either... no one cared about me enough... and no one even offered to go out to a freakin club or anything..so whatever! I just stayed at home and ended up leaving at about 10 p.m. and getting a tatoo... which I guess I was nervous so I got sick and almost passed out!! So it sucked!! Anyways I need to go to bed.. my legs are burning!! I think I'll double up on the exercise tomorrow. Jenn, I'll get better, get that tazar out for me!! Welcome Tens for life!! We have both had to hug each other on some days on that darned journal!!! I'm glad youre hear.. because I still havent figured out that journal yet!! Oh and I've finally gotten down to a 36DD! Which is one of the hardest ever bra sizes to find... without underwire!! So I have been sewing all of my old bras and they look like crap!!! But they fit!! Anyway gotta go to bed for real now!!! Bye all!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 07-11-2004 at 11:14 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:24 PM   #65  
Onward and downward!

Hi,

I have just been reading through the posts which have appeared since I last checked in, and it seems everyone is going along great! I'm on track, after a slight hiccup, and feeling very postive.

Tens4life - I also wear a pedometer, do you find it spurs you on to be more active in your general daily duties?

That's it for now,

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:16 AM   #66  
i luv my dog!

HI All - just popping in for a minute. Hubby will be dominating the computer this week with an on-line course so my keystrokes will be limited.

kinder & tens4life - welcome to the challenge; tens- your non-weight related goals sound great - good stuff to remember.

Well, for my weekly weigh in this morning the scale reads one pound less so thats good, but the tummy seems too full and bloated. I'll have to go back and review the food journal to see if I can figure out what is causing that. Does NOT look good in the mirror or feel very encouraging !!

Lisa - let me know if you make the brownie recipe (its in the Phase 1 section) I'm dying to try them.

Yesterday I cooked some fresh broccoflower - it turned out great. YUM, much better than either broccoli or cauliflower.

OK, DH is pushing me of 'puter now ...Bye. Will check back later.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #67  
motomom

Default Good Morning all!

Before I start my day (no I haven't exercised yet!) I wanted to post an idea that Jennifer and I have been discussing! We got to talking about challenges and the idea of doing a walk/ride challenge came up. Wouldn't it be fun to see how many miles we could log either riding or walking through the end of this challenge. A way we could log it is like "abroad" does it at the end of our signature! (Thanks for the idea, abroad!)

so if anyone is interested, let us know or just start logging your miles on your signature. If you don't know how to do a signature, go up to the top of this screen under user cp. On the left hand side you will see several options, click on signature and you should be able to figure it out from there! If not, Jennifer and I can do instructions in another post!

I'll be back later today to check in with you all and let you know how my day has been going! Hugs to all!

Julie
Old 07-12-2004, 09:03 AM   #68  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

I am not looking forward to today. Today is the day I go in for my business manager training for work. Up until now it just feels like I get to play all day at work, but today I have to learn the actual Responsibility part. *sigh* Oh well, I guess it happens.

Jennifer, as for cleansing I would suggest Lancôme's Eau the Clarifiance (that may not be the exact name, I can't remember it.... I know it's "eau de" something, and it's a cleanser, they'll know what you're talking about). It's a light non-foaming cleanser and a toner in one, and if you have sensitive skin fewer products is usually better. It's not the greatest for taking of makeup, however. For that I would try their Mousse Clarté followed by their Tonique Doceur. All of those products are for normal/combination skin, so if you have dry or oily skin there are of course other options. I think they're all about $22-26, give or take a few.
As you can tell, I'm a big Lancôme fan. Honestly, the BEST products, and I have tried them ALL.
As for pampering must-haves, there's only a few that I can't live without. Sunscreen and Self-Tanner (again, Lancôme's Flash Bronzer is awesome and comes in different formulas). Taking care of your skin is the most important thing you can do, and sunscreen is a big part of that. Revlon's ColorStay nail polish--I swear the stuff stays on for a week no matter what you do--washing dished, changing the oil in your car, anything! The irridescent shades don't stay as well, but they're still pretty good. A good exfoliator is essential (Estée Lauder makes one called Idealist Micro-D that is wonderful, but not for everyday--you can still tell a difference after a week!), and a mask is just fun (necessary for that truly "pampered" feeling). I also can't live without skin perfecting serums--I use Lancôme's Sensation Totale, but Estée Lauder makes one called Idealist (or Perfectionist for older skin)--they make your skin feel like silk. Oh, and if you wear makeup, invest in a good foundation with an SPF. It really does make all the difference.

Eesh... I can talk about cosmetics all day (as you can see!). If you want to know any specifics, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to offer my advice.

Anyway, calories were great yesterday--1378--water was good, I even made it 30 minutes on the stairclimber. And I've reached a weight-loss milestone: my BMI is down to 29.8, which means that I am no longer technically obese. Hooray! I've still got a bunch of fat to lose, but I'm getting closer.

Ok, I need to go accomplish something before work. Have a great day everyone!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:42 AM   #69  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up Monday, Monday....

Good Morning, chickies! Wow....another weekend gone in a flash. Where does the time go?

I skipped my morning walk today, since my calves were on fire when I woke up. Seems like 5 miles of walking, plus a million trips up & down the stairs were enough to push them to revolt. I'll ease the ache out of them today at work, and do my WATP when I get home, before dinner. Maybe hop on the bike for a spin, too. Feels good to keep moving.

Today's plan:

Breakfast
16 bite size mini wheats
1 strawberry yogurt Zone bar
12oz diet coke

Sipping my first 24oz of water....and will have to head to the ladies room soon! First glass goes right through me!

Lunch
3/4 cup ditalini
3/4 cup chili

Afternoon exercise
at least 1 mile WATP, pushing for more
bonus- get on the bike for as little as 10-15 minutes.

Dinner
chicken breast with szechuan sauce (leftover from last night-yum!)
but maaaan, was that hot- cleared out my sinuses BIG TIME
1/2 cup brown rice
2 cups green beans

That's the plan for today...lunch is thawing right now. I'll be back tonight to report in with my exercise confirmation.

Lisa- even if it IS water weight, that's water you shouldn't have been carrying around. And any loss is great. As far as my bike, I've been remiss- when we were dealing with the land, and trying to do 4 different transactions at the same time, we were going nuts...I dropped everything- exercise went first, and then food followed a few weeks after. Not a pretty sight, but I'm back...and we both need to pedal our hearts out! I will tazer you, chica...back that tush up a little

Julie- I'll follow your lead, and A Broad's example, and put my mileage in my signature....now I have to go do the math for July so far. LOL. And remember to update it, or I'll look pathetic by next week. I'm up for the challenge! Anyone else?

Tens4Life- Welcome! So glad to see you here with us. I'm sure you'll reach your goal- everything looks great, including your non-weight related goals. Can't lose sight that there IS more to life than just this struggle, although it sure seems like it can take over, can't it?

A Broad- even 1 pound is a loss...and sure beats a gain of 1 pound. Way to go- I'm sure more will come off in the next week.

Elisha- Well! First, Way to go with the BMI! Kick butt! Second, when my house is built a year from now, and we're all hotties, makeup/skincare party at my house, everyone here is invited, and we'll have Elisha show us what to do with all these products! I am soooo pale (think milk, with 1 teaspoon of coffee- that's my skin tone) that any kind of bronzer or tanner makes me look like I have an orange mask on. One of these days I'll find something that works. The only foundation that I've found that doesn't give me that fake color is Bare Escentuals- it's a powder formula, and I never thought I'd like it, or that it would give me coverage, but it does.

Ok, time to fake work here at the office....potty break, and then shuffling papers around like I'm accomplishing something Sure, sure I am!

Have a great Monday, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #70  
LucyKitty

Holy criminitely!!! You guys sure posted a lot since yesterday morning!!

Jennifer - I should have the pix developed this weekend and then scanned sometime in a week or so after that. Also, if you're as uberly sad and pale as I am... which you are... I have some stuff that works!!! There's that coppertone endless summer stuff, and if you get the light/med it's really good, but it smells HORRIBLE and I hate it for that very reason. I also have this spray on tan stuff that my friend gave me, and it's neutrogena, I think, and it doesn't smell but you -really- need to put on lotion before you apply any of that stuff so it doesn't streak. Like, just rub some good lotion on your legs & stuff and let it soak in for a few minutes before you put on fake tanner, and it looks -way- better. Funny you should mention that, too! I'm gonna be doing the fake-n-bake tonight myself! hah!

Jay - if you really want to get rid of some of the cleavage... I'm totally open to donations. I was the same way w/ the bachelorette party -- not a single person showed up or offered to do anything with me, so Saturday was kind of fun for me, too, because I got to actually have fun with friends I really didn't have until about 2 months ago... and it was totally worth it. *hug* We need to have OURSELVES a crazy party like that...

Julie - Best buy turns -everyone- down for credit, unless for some reason they have a score under 500... we have -the worst- credit in the world and they, for some stupid reason, approved us when our washing machine caught on fire. Yeah, actual flames. I'm glad your freezer didn't die, though!! I HATE appliances!! They're always being stupid and like, catching on fire or spewing smoke or shaking so terribly they run into the hall from their closet... I hope you guys get something for the dryer! Those things are necessary, I tell ya.

Okay I know other people said stuff but I am so tired...

I have good news! After that whole weekend of drinking Saturday & the fact that we now have noodles, 5 packages of grnd beef for dinners, and some refried beans left... , I actually made some tuna noodle casserole last night (which has a lot of cheese, f/f mayo, seasonings, a ton of tuna, and veggies in it) and STILL this morning... I weighed in at 182!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! I thought for sure I'd be way, WAY up after all of that... but this is good in SO MANY WAYS!

First, it means that my body is maintaining well, which is always nice, because it used to be just like that and it's feeling more and more like my body again. Second, it means that my body has adjusted to that depo shot, because last time, I gained 7 lbs in 2 days after the shot! THIS TIME, I went up 1 lb after the shot, and that could have been contributed to the day I totally screwed up my food by having 500 calories for breakfast. So that's not bad at all! WOOHOO!!!

Friday night is girls' night here. I know that they always eat a ton (my friends are so weird that way... they're always shoving something in there!) so I'm going to make some low-cal, fat-free stuff for Friday night. That way, nobody can feel even the tiniest bit guilty about having fun. A couple of my friends from high school that I ran into over the weekend are coming up... one of them is a little bit bigger than I am, one of them is a lot smaller than me now but around the same size I used to be... and it feels so good to see people who -aren't- perfect in my friends.

Anyway so here's the plan...

Food -
B - tuna casserole
L - soup
D - probably tuna casserole again

Workout -
20 min ellipitical w/ weights
15 min bike w/ weights
400 uber-intense situps
5 min upper body
50 squats

Plus I need to clean the house up a ton today and package as many tulle circle candies as humanly possible.

It's hot here today so that sucks... other than that, I'm just going to keep happy for the week. Woohoo!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #71  

Height: 5 foot

Hey all you Hot skinny Chickies!!! Don‘t you like the way that sounds!!! Anyways today I have only exercised for 30 minutes.. The baby is awake.. I incorporated her into about 5 minutes of my ab work-out Lifting her up on my legs.. But she got bored! She gets bore sooo easy! My son is sick!!! Let me tell you what this crazy knucklehead son did!! He snuck and ate a whole bag of my sister‘s sugar-free chocolate. As any of you know… that will make your stomach upset and have to go to the bathroom!! I told him that‘s what he gets for acting like I starve him. He gets up at about 2 am saying he is hungry.. If I would have fed him, I’d be cleaning up vomit in his bed instead!! He had to learn the hard way.. No is NO! Plus that is STEALING!! Anyways I know I sound harsh with my kids… but I will whip their butts if 1. T hey do something that is harmful and dangerous. 2. If I don‘t teach them about stealing, lying, cheating etc.. now… Who will!!!! That is my job! I don‘t want to raise any jailbirds or non disciplined kids.. And the main thing I don‘t believe in is disrespecting teachers and talking back to adults… I HATE that!! Teachers have those kids more than the parents sometimes during school year, and they take their time to teach them to read, and write, and count… If it was so easy.. We all would teach our kids those things and there would be NO school!! Anyways enough ranting!! I hope everyone is doing ok, I have to get ready. I told my sis if she gets up early I will take her places.. So it‘s off to….anywhere that‘s Free!! I will check back in later!! Bye all
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #72  
motomom

Default OK, a spare minute!

I have been working like mad all day but it feels like I have gotten nothing done! What a busy day! We got ournew dryer this morning and I have had a load of jeans in there since about 11:30 and they are still wet!!!!!! UGH!! It's now 2pm! My other dryer would have dried them in about an hour! This one is supposed to be BETTER!!!! I willhave to check out the program and see what's up!

OK, this morning I did...are you ready????...2.5 miles WATP with Ms. Leslie!!! Yea for me! It felt good! I could have done more but I had a boat load of stuff to get done so had to quit! Dryer came, showered, my sister called and I cleaned up kitchen while talking with her, ate breakfast, fed DD, got her ready and out the door for dentist appt at 11:40 (what was I thinking???). She has a cavity! UGH...and the dentist doesn't want to fill it for the simple reason that she feels Kaleigh is too wiggly and won't hold still for her! So she wants to refer her to a Pediatric Dentist and told me that they will want to do the whole exam and cleaning all over! Why oh why!!! Sorry, I digress!

OK, food today:
B-fast: 1 cup smart start cereal, 3/4 cup 1/2% milk, 1 cheese stick on my way out the door.
Lunch: 1 cup fat free cottage cheese, cucumbers, red onions with some low fat sour cream/dill dressing I made up! Yum!
Supper: (in the oven as I speak!) sliced up some steaks, onions, green peppers & carrots, threw in some garlic and added a little olive oil. Put it all in a pot in the oven and should be yummy in a few hours!!!! May have a baked potatoe or something with it! (Still have lots of carbs left for the day!)

I've got rice on the stove, burger in the micro defrosting and will be making a pot of chilli when the meat is done! So, I'm getting my tushi ready for this week girls! I am going to be down in the 160's hopefully by next Tuesday (the 20th) then my birthday follows and maybe can even make 165~~! OK, wishful thinking, but I'm gonna try my darndest!

I need to get going. Still have tons of laundry to put away! Got some folded today! Oh, it never ends!

Hugs to all and I will be back tonight to comment on everyone!
Old 07-12-2004, 04:05 PM   #73  
i luv my dog!

Default need tips

Hey, I'm glad ya'll like the miles walked in my signature. For me it is actual walking but on one of the other threads they count 20 min. of cardio as one mile so everyone has "miles" to post.

Speaking of cardio, one of my goals for this challenge is to add cardio to my fitness routine so today I got out a DVD and "participated." By that I mean the word choreography is not in my vocabulary. I tried to follow the routine but ended up skipping steps or just doing some kind of movement to keep pace. The routine isn't very difficult but I had a hard time trying to get coordinated and got frustrated. I felt like a total clod.

Does anyone have any tips on being able to better follow the instructor or pick up the moves? This was the first time I've done this workout and would like to continue AND enjoy it.

OH yeah, I was wondering if we are all calorie counters here or are some others taking a different approach. Thx

Last edited by a broad abroad; 07-12-2004 at 04:09 PM.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:53 PM   #74  
motomom

Default Good Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by a broad abroad
Does anyone have any tips on being able to better follow the instructor or pick up the moves? This was the first time I've done this workout and would like to continue AND enjoy it.

As Leslie Sansone says in the WATP tapes, just keep moving and keeping some rhythm! It's not all about the "dance", it's about cardio. But after you do it a couple of times, you can watch their feet and practice. That's ok! I still get caught up in trying to do one of the moves in her tape, and I've been watching it now for about 5 months!!! LOL! I'm kind of a do-my-own thing dancer!!!! Good Luck, but just keep moving!

OH yeah, I was wondering if we are all calorie counters here or are some others taking a different approach. Thx

I personally try to follow "The Zone". Jennifer got me hooked on that and before that I did calories, but I find I feel way better with The Zone in that I do eat more protein than I would with calories! It's almost easier once you figure out the #'s! And I know that I am getting a good balance each day. If you want more info on the Zone, they have a website at www.zoneperfect.com with valuable information...and I'm sure Jennifer can fill you in on what you have questions about!
Hope that helps!

Julie
Old 07-12-2004, 06:34 PM   #75  

I guess I forgot to mention that my name is Michelle

Lucia - Yes I have noticed that wearing a pedometer spurs me on to be more active. (Other than today, but that's another long sad story, as I'm only at 3k steps at 6:20pm). I work in an office and will go the restroom further away & take the long way to the copier and things like that. I work on the 6th floor and our cafeteria is on the 9th floor. I will usually walk down the stairs but have yet to go up. I think I will try it tomorrow, one flight at a time. I have pretty tender knees so I don't climb stairs too often. I live in a colonial and sometimes they hurt just from going from one floor to another. My mother swears that I wouldn't have this problem if I would exercise them more but I am afraid of doing more damage to them by wearing them out. Wimp?

As far as what plan I'm following, I guess you can say its a hybrid of several. I do watching my calories from time to time but most of the time my focus is on the food pyramid, proper portion control, and watching my bread intake. The food pyramid calls for 6-11 servings a day but I know that I do best when I keep it at 6. I'm am always surprised at what constitutes a serving when I've been away from it for a while. For those who may not know, a serving of bread is only 1/2 cup of pasta or rice, and I think 3/4 oz of dry cereal. When I get away from watching my serving sizes I have been known to sit down with a huge Jethro-size bowl of cereal , probably 5 or 6 servings if I figured it out!

I have the WATP dvd's too. We got new furniture in January, however, and the layout of it doesn't allow me as much room to do it in the living room which is where the dvd player is. The furniture can only be arranged one way because of a fireplace & the tv (keeping everything centered and conversational / cozy). I am going to figure the space thing out right now, however. I know I don't need much space to do the WATP. I'm so happy that this site is working to motivate me already!!!! I'll check in later and let you all know what I did!!!
tens4life is offline   Reply With Quote