Old 06-14-2004, 04:22 PM   #76  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm Baaaaack!

I'm here with a vengance (sp?)!!!! My plan has been worked out and printed out and sits in front of me as we speak! I have one week's worth of menus planned and will work on the rest of June and July this week! My new idea is to have a weekly or even daily goal, so here are my goals this week:

I am challenging myself to exercise at least 20 minutes (aerobics) each morning. More, when time permits. If morning does not allow time for exercise, then I will do 30 minutes at night either 1) Exercise Bike 2) Pedal Bike 3) WATP or 4) Walk outdoors. I will do toning 3 nights a week or 2 nights a week and once on the weekend.

At the end of this challenge, if I have met my exercise goal, I will reward myself with a full back/body massage! Wooo Hooo! (Boy do I ever need it today!)

I am also challenging myself to a food challenge! For the next week, I will follow a food plan, staying away from sugar and flour (unless indicated on the food plan).

At the end of this challenge, if I have met my goal 100%, I will reward myself with a new pair of khacki shorts! I have no summer clothes that fit!!!

OK, so far today I have
1. Worked out (WATP) for 30 minutes.
2. Picked Strawberries for 1.5 hours (Oh, my poor aching back and neck...I'm getting old, but there is nothing better than fresh Michigan strawberries--first pickin' day!)...So Goal # 1 met today!

I have Eaten so far:
B-fast--a Zone bar & 6 oz. milk
Lunch (no time for snacking---ok, I DID have ONE strawberry while picking!) a Cobb Salad at McDonalds (My Dad bought for all of us--sister, DD, and 4 kids!)
Snack (I was starving when we got home!) a Zone bar at 2:30 and it's 4pm now and I'm eating 1/2 cup cottage cheese & 1 cup strawberries.

I want to go take a nap! My eye is driving me nuts. It's been twitching now for about 5 days and just comes and goes. Closing it is the only thing that helps!! Ai yai yai!! Guess I'm gonna need to get that checked out!

Alright, well hamburgers on the menu for tonight if hubby wants them. Otherwise, it's Taco salad! I still need to pick up a few things from the market for this week's menu, but we can get by for a few days without.

Oh, while we were picking Strawberries, a photographer from the Grand Rapids Press (that's the local paper) was there and she took about a roll of film of my nephew picking and (mostly) eating strawberries! We're all hoping he'll be in the paper!

The other thing I wanted to mention is that Elisha and I have been struggling with much the same issues...trying to get our motivation back and we have decided that a goal a day or a goal a week would work well for us. I want to start a thread with that in mind, unless someone knows of one already started. If you all want to join us, I'll keep you posted on where to find us!!!

That's about it. I plan to journal daily, so will catch you chickies tomorrow!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:15 AM   #77  
Onward and downward!

Well another day of going okay, so glad to see a few new posts to read, a few more familiars back on deck .

Hikein2005 & Elisha - I am interested in this new thread if it gets going. I have also been struggling with my motivation, and while I am heading in the right direction once again, I am still finding it difficult. Will watch this space with interest!

Jennifer - So good to see your back. Hope you and hubby feel better soon.

That's it for today,

Lucia

Last edited by Lucia-1; 06-17-2004 at 03:31 AM.
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #78  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone!

I was going to start posting my level of motivation for the day, but apparently that's going to be hard to judge. My brain is saying "up and at 'em!" but my body doesn't want to get out of this chair. I will anyway. I'm going to climb on the stairclimber for a while and do some strength training after I finish this post, then this evening after work I'll climb on the stairclimber again (I'm a little pressed for time, so it'll have to be 15 minutes per session). My goal this week is 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times. Yesterday I walked/jogged our hill and I had every intention of doing more cardio when I got back to the house, but sometimes things happen and get in the way. You know how it is. But, that was better than nothing, right? So, 30 minutes today, no excuses.
Water consumption has been good--about 90 oz. a day, and my calorie intake was right on target yesterday--1659 (my limit being 1700). So with my exercise routine being rejoined, I should have no problem dropping the pounds.
Grandma and I booked us a beach house over the weekend for when we go to scatter Grandpa's ashes at the end of September. It's a big awesome house with a pool table and a hot tub and lots of other cool stuff. I never realized how much cheaper they are in the off-season. About 3 weeks makes a difference of $1300. Anyway, that gives me approximately 14 weeks to lose more weight, which could be 28 pounds if I really work at it. That would put me a few pounds below my high school weight. How awesome would that be?! But I'll be happy if I lose 15-20, which would get me below 200 and back into my HS weight range (yeah, I was chubby in HS too--about 190-195).
Anyway, time for the stairclimber before it gets too late. I'll check in again this evening. Have a wonderful, healthy day everyone!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:14 PM   #79  
motomom

Default Checkin In-Tuesday!

Today has been good! I stayed OP all day today even though I went out for lunch. Had a "Sunshine Salad" consisting of lettuce, chicken, mandarin oranges, a strawberry and raspberry vinagrette! Yummy! I ate a few club crackers, too! Then a Zone bar at my usual 3pm hunger strike!! LOL!

Exercise didn't happen this morning due to some other things needing to be done before work, but as soon as I get off the computer, I'm off for a bike ride either with the Burley and my 45lb DD or by myself! I'm hoping she wants to go! It's more fun...then we can stop and play at the playground before we come home!

OK, well on target so far today! OH, BTW...I did weigh today just to see if I had gained anything in this last week from he**, but it remains the same ole 169.75! (Actually down .25 from last week) So it really should start moving once I do!

Elisha...good for you chickie! You are doing great. Keep up with the exercise and you and I will really start noticing a difference.

Lucia...if you want to post your weekly or daily goals here until I can find time to start a new thread or do something about where to put it, feel free. I think it's going to help me with my momentum and keeping up! I just have to be sure to plan, plan, plan!

If anyone else wants to join us for our weekly/daily goal challenge, feel free to jump right in and post your goals daily or weekly. Whatever works for you. I just know that a month is too long for me to stay focused!

Lucy...great job on fitting into your goal outfit (even if it is tight!) Hope you come out of your funk soon! You'll be ok!

Jennifer...Hope you feel better real soon! Two birthdays in the same week...geesh can we handle it?

OK, well I'm off to ride my bike! Have a great evening, chickies!

Hugs!
Old 06-15-2004, 11:27 PM   #80  
Bound and Determined

Ok, evening check in!
Calorie total for the day: 1459--way under my 1700 limit.
Exercise--15 minutes on the stairclimber this morning, then some sets of weights. I was planning to do another 15 this evening, but man! did I wear the wrong shoes to work today and my feet/legs/back are killing me! Besides, it's late, and I have to work early tomorrow, so I'm thinking that some exercise is better than none at all, which has been my usual for the past few weeks. And I know my calves are going to be sore tomorrow--they're not used to the stairclimber.
Ok, so my goal for tomorrow is to wear comfortable shoes to work (haha) and actually do a full 30 minutes of aerobics, probably 15 minutes on the stairclimber and my 15 minute walk/jog up the hill.
That's all from me today, folks. I'll check in again tomorrow. Have a great night!
~Elisha
Old 06-16-2004, 12:08 AM   #81  

Height: 5 foot

Hello, Hello!

Well everyone, this AOL sucks....how many times have I said it now!! They made me do about 10 different things...and now i'ts freezing up my computer too!! I'm getting really mad! I just typed this long long post with comments and all, and my whole computer froze so I couldnt even try to save it!! I am sooo mad!!! But oh well, this post will be comment free until tommorrow! I need sleep!!!

MY GOAL FOR TONIGHT/TOMORROW IS:

1. Go to sleep!!!!
2. Wake up early
3. Exercise early (no excuses)
4. Stay on plan
5. Drink at least 32 oz and try to aim for 64
6. Be more positive

I'm sorry I havent been participating like I should, I just dont have the time to rant and rave...which is a good thing right!!! I'm still trying to get myself together...it is hard after being in TX all that time, now exercise is like a chore that I can only get done sometimes....even eating is becoming a chore. Today my calories are low... it is probably unhealthy. But I've been busy all day, I just forgot to eat! Any wayz my day hasnt been good but I will report it anyway:

I only ate 772 calories today...and that is because I forced this dinner down with mega calories!! I had a pork chop, green beans, corn, and chicken flavored rice (which added on the calories!!) I didnt eat it all though, plus my daughter ate a lot of it too. No exercise. I have been trying to wear my pedometer (cheapo one fron McD) But I didnt put it on until about 5 pm. I have only 1679 steps after that!! Well, I've been sitting down since I've gotten home mostly, or standing up for long periods, but not really walking...I did all that this morning!! Oh well, anyway, whatever! I was hyped up earlier, thinking I was gonna try to exercise anyway, but now I'm too tired. I'd rather try to double or triple up tomorrow and finally get some sleep. I know I shouldnt give up...but he*l, my calories arent that high right? I cant seem to get myself together, but I will eventually. Tx really done me in!

Well again, I said this was gonna be short, but I'm rambling on and on.... but I'm sorry for not getting to comment on you all...I guess if I wasnt typing all of this mumbo jumbo, I could have...but I still apologize anyways! I'm so tired I almost feel delirious! My sis and hubby are watching the game...which I hate basketball. I'd rather be watching Law and Order, or one of my 10 Golden Girl (8 hr) tapes.... but hey whatever. I have been having MAJOR problems sleeping!! I think playing tennis so late is one problem, because me and my sis be up at 3 am looking homeless!! But I always get up at least by 9, she stays sleep until 12 or 1 and then looks at me like are we going anywhere today!?! I'm going to start going back to sleep early, waking up early, and exercising early. If I can at least get one goal done, everything should be alright! Well let me be off, it's already late.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:17 PM   #82  
LucyKitty

Julie - haha, yeah. It's not really public viewable yet, but if I keep up with these super-intense ab workouts that I've been doing and all the cardio and keeping the cals really low, the pounds should drop off quickly enough for me to wear the pants in a few months!! YAAAY!!

Jaymi - Yeah, I hear you about the cals. Yesterday I was -almost- to 800 when we finished dinner. I made hamburgers w/ fries and some sauteed mushrooms for myself *yum* and everything... used ff mayo, more mustard (as i hate mayo really), cheese, everything. And I ate 1/3 of the burger and ended up having to eat 2 peanut butter cookies to keep myself above water on the calories hah!! I LOVE that. Rememeber chica, if you kick your butt into gear and force yourself to move and do it, you'll feel better.

Today's my birthday. I'm totally off plan today, not even going to give a crap about any of it. I might work out, if I have time. Not sure though because they gave me 3 extra freaking tapes on my birthday, THANKS BOSS YOU BIG JERK!!!!!! I'm pretty pissed off about that, though. What a stupid thing to do, geez. So I did one of the tapes last night and I am just gonna jump right in, right now.

Here's the plan for today...
Woke up late at 9 (oops! hah!)
Breakfast = peanut butter cookies ( and a banana)
Tapes until finished...
Hubby is getting off at 1pm today to spend it with me, so we're doing lunch
then hitting the thrift stores for a shopping spree!!! WOOHOO!!
Then perhaps the dollar stores? Hmmmm...
Dinner at home, I think
Out later for drinks with friends. Woohoo!!

I bought myself a new pair of shoes (which I desparately need) last night. Somehow, I managed to get a pair that cost less than a new car? STUPID SHOE PRICES!!!!!!!! So I got a rad new pair of grey/black Pumas and I'm quite happy. (I have wide toes, and shoes are very hard to find for me)

I also stopped by Safeway & grabbed my HONEYMOON PICTURES!!!!! There's some awesome shots of us in a drunken Mexican stupor (what else do you do in Mexico but drink!?), a great roll of the Pirate Ship, and lots of the beach & beautiful area. And what they seem to think are "cobblestone" streets, which happen to just be concrete with rocks dumped in them for texture, I guess. Not a cobblestone street, dude. DOn't lie!

So I'll be scanning those over the next few days, here, and putting them up on a page so y'all can see 'em.

I'm off to work my fingers asap and then get going on my day!! WOOHOO!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:57 PM   #83  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!
Motivation today: 7
I wore comfy shoes to work today, so my feet are in fine shape for exercising. Haven't done it yet though, as my tummy was growling when I got home and now I'm waiting for dinner to settle. I will do a full 30 minutes of cardio tonight, possibly 5 minutes intervals on the stairclimber with sets of weights in between. I can't handle 30 straight minutes on that thing just yet--I wouldn't be able to walk the next day! 15 is about my limit, but I'm working on it. Besides, it gives me a way to work in my weights without feeling like I'm doing a completely separate workout.
Food today was good. Calories were at 1516, but I'm really craving something sweet, so I might have a small chocolate square or something. What I really want is a Pepperidge Farm Soft Batch Sausalito cookie, but egads! are they high in calories! *sigh*
I might have to whip me up a small batch of as-low-cal-as-possible chocolate chip cookies and freeze most of them. I have been craving chocolate chip cookies like nobody's business.
Ok, time to work out! Have a healthy evening everyone!
~Elisha
Old 06-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #84  
motomom

Default Wednesday Woes!

Just kidding! Today was a pretty good day! I'll start right off with the confession: No "formal" exercise today! I know...only two days into this challenge, but maybe this will count? I had to help wheel residents over to our assisted living centre for a music even today and made about 10 trips back and forth wheeling residents in their wheelchairs! I was trying to go fast but not so fast to scare them! When I wasn't pushing a w/c, I was moving at a good rate, though! That has to count for something. Tomorrow I will make up for it by doing an AM workout AND a PM workout! How's that?

OK, now for the food!
b-fast: 1 slice ww toast w/ 1 oz. low fat cheese, 2 oz. deli ham
Got to work and realized I needed some caffeine, so had a cup of coffee and some Fr. Vanilla creamer (NOT lowfat OR low carb!)
lunch: bagel sandwich (ham, turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce, onion) w/ a mayo based sauce (which I should have had them leave off, but forgot to ask) and a diet coke!
snack: too busy this afternoon!
supper: a WW lemon chicken & rice entree
pm snack: about 8 cashews, 1/2 cup strawberries, about 10 small pretzels (was eating them before I realized I was eating them!) and a spoonful of peanut butter (less than 1 tablespoon). Geesh! I must have been craving nuts tonight from the looks of it!

Hubby and I went to Hobby Lobby tonight and I walked past the candy racks and was reeeeeaaalllllllly wanting some chocolate! I didn't though! I just kept walking! (Does sniffing it or touching the bars of chocolate count??? )

Water was great today, but it was hot and humid here, so easier to down 16 oz. in a hurry! I think I must have had about 80 oz. so far!

Here's a NSV for you....it's nice to see other people I work with wearing my OLD FAT CLOTHES!!!!!! I've been giving away some clothes (too big) in recent months and they have been creeping onto the backs and butts of some of my co-workers! Makes me smile to myself! OK, so one of them is pregnant and I gave her my old elastic waisted shorts, but hey!!! I don't have them in MY wardrobe anymore!

How about the rest of you? What NSV's (non scale victories) have you been having recently? I know there must be plenty out there!!!

Elisha...way to go on the exercise! You rock, girl...I'm telling ya! Keep me motivated, ok? I am NOT going to lose this challenge! (OK, does today count if I do extra tomorrow...there I go making my own rules as I go!!!) Hey, if you want to set up that thread as you indicated, I can't seem to get my butt in gear and get it done, so feel free! Just let ME know where it is...and the rest of us here! We could call it "Keepin' your Mojo going!" LOL! or just call it "Weekly/Daily Goal Challenge-a challenge for those of us who struggle with motivation!"

Lucy...Happy Birthday chickie! Hope it was a great day! Hey girl...I know you don't want to hear this, but don't starve yourself! (You too, Jaymi!)
and what about these HONEYMOON pictures? Didn't you get married like 2 years ago??? You are BAD, chickie!!! Well, it's nice to reminisce, anyway! Keep up the good work! That ugly green thing will fit you soon!

Jaymi...you'll get back into the groove soon! If you want to jump on the bandwagon with us, it's not too late to do weekly goals or even some little daily ones! It might help with jump starting again!

OK, where are the rest of you??? I'm thinking there's a few slackers out there!!

Hugs to all!
Old 06-17-2004, 03:53 AM   #85  
Onward and downward!

Hi Everyone,

I've had a great day today . I went shopping and bought a new pair of black boots (with a great 'just' high enough heel) and a new pair of jeans (it's winter here in Oz!) Have been feeling very frumpy lately, but I was determined not to buy new clothes until I had lost enough weight to go down a size. However, I reasoned that new jeans and boots might help to boost my spirits, and keep me determined to stay focused with my weight loss campaign, and it's worked. I feel like a million dollars! Ah...retail therapy. Is there anything better?

Hikein - I will post my goals/challenges here until you work out the best way to present the new thread. I agree with you, I love the monthly challenge, but feel it works better for me broken down into daily or weekly. So here goes...

My goal for this month is to keep a food journal, and regain my motivation to lose weight.
My challenge for this week (June 17-24) is to exercise six days. (Have not been as good at regular exercise as I would like ).

That's it for today, will try and check in tomorrow.

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:55 PM   #86  
motomom

Default So where the heck is everyone????

Today was good, but I am starving as I write this! Ugh!

I started the day out with no breakfast which is never a good thing, but managed to stop by the coffee place on the way to work and grab a skinny, SF Latte (raspberry vanilla-my fav!) That tied me over until lunch. But...our residents had a trolley ride today (of course I had to go with being the activity director!) and it ended at the ice cream store! We bought them all a small vanilla cone but....I DIDN'T GET ANY ICECREAM!!!! Yea for me!!! I'm soooooo proud of myself. My office partner didn't beleive that I didn't get any...she's knows my addiction! But truly...not even a BITE or a lick!!! Came back and had a zone bar!
Lunch was a tuna wrap and some strawberries. That is all I've eaten so far! No wonder I'm hungry!

I was thinking about going for a bike ride before supper, but I think I shall eat and then go! Did get up this morning and do 20 minutes on the bike. Whoo Hoo!

Gotta go get supper fixed and then go for my bike ride! Hope everyone is having a super day!

Julie
Old 06-17-2004, 08:18 PM   #87  
Bound and Determined

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42208

There's the new One Day At A Time thread I set up. I hope to see some of you there (ahem, Julie!). hehe...

Okay, let's see... today has been soso.
I've eaten terrible food (including indulging that chocolate chip cookie craving and Mom making pizza for dinner), but I'm still within my calorie limit. I'm at 1500 or so right now, but I'm still hungry. Haven't gotten my water in yet either. I think I might make some popcorn and sit down to watch some Disney. Oh, or Return of the King. I dunno yet. I'm not exercising today, as it is my day off. Technically, yesterday was supposed to be my day off from exercise, but I forgot until after I'd already done it, so I had to do a little shifting. Oh well. I actually made it through 30 minutes on the stairclimber yesterday, and my calves aren't killing me today! I did it like I said I would, in 5-minute intervals with sets of weights in between. I kept my heart rate up, burned a lot of calories, and sweated like a pig! My body is a little stiff today, but that's ok, nothing major. No pain, no gain, right? Just kidding.... sort of.
Anyway, time to go relax some more. Come visit my Motivationally Challenged thread. Add some insight.
Have a healthy evening, chickies!
~Elisha
Old 06-18-2004, 03:20 PM   #88  

Height: 5 foot

Hi Everyone

Another Short Post..."Jaymi Style" My day is already shot and wasted, I might as well just say that although, I stayed under calories, exercised, and drank water yesterday, and the day before, I'm not sure if I even deserve to feel good. I'm pretty pis*sed at myself, I have eaten 3 burgers in the last 2 days.... Why reasons/excuses are because:

1. "You cannot eat a stupid salad and drive"
2. "Chicken sandwiches are the same or more calories as burgers"
3. "There is no subway, plus I dont have subway money"

So there, got that out. Today I havent eaten anything, and I havet exercised. I'm sitting here being depressed and upset because MY weigh-in is tomorrow and I have done some stupid things. I dont even want to eat right now...because that means I have to stand up and cook....and I'm too nauseaus for that. Then I need to go to the store, but I'll be hungry, and that will probably lead to another burger, I also need to work out because my daughter just took her nap, but I also have 50 million other things to do...

Elisha- You are doing so great!!

Hikein- Of course I'll join...even though I can't even seem to follow my goals now, maybe that will be extra help!

Lucia: with your journaling and your goals!! Have a good day!

Lucy: I'm so glad you had fun on your b-day, wish ya luck with your parents tonight! I don't know how you work out sooo much and eat so less....and still be so happy!! But keep it up!! And

Well this turned into longer than I thought. Sorry for me feeling like crap!! I've been trying to stay positive and be positive...but it's just not working for me right now, and I dont feel like pretending today! Thanks everyone for listening to me even though it's not the most enjoyable side of me showing!!!. Please try to work with me! I'm not giving up...I'll get it together sooner or later!

Well I dont want to depress anyone any further So I will be going now!!
Sorry I havent been posting...Time is flying by! Talk with you all later!! I love you chickies!!!

Jaymi

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 06-18-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:03 PM   #89  
motomom

Default Friday Check In!

I need to journal my food, so I will do that right now...just so I can "see" what I really ate today!
*B-fast Egg McMuffin & SF/FF Latte (rasp./vanilla)
*Lunch: Salad & 3 pieces of thin pizza (only ate the bread from one piece)
No Snacks, but I WAS hungry this afternoon, so I drank 20 oz. water!
(Did find 3 old Easter M&M's in my co-workers's drawer! Yuck! )
Supper: Grilled hamburger w/ cheese, veggies & cheese sauce
Drank lots of water today...about 52 oz. so far! Will drink more tonight!

No exercise today! We'll just call this my "day off"! Just haven't had time (I know, that's NO excuse!) but will make time tomorrow morning as DH is working in the am and will have time to "not be bothered" by him!!! I plan to do the WATP tape (at least 2 miles...maybe more!) unless it's nice, then Kaleigh and I will go for a long bike ride!

Put on a pair of jeans tonight and they do feel a bit looser! Yea! I got told today that I "look cute"!!! I guess that's a NSV!!! I like to look cute! I think it's a good thing!

Jaymi: Hope your day goes better tomorrow! We all can have bad days/weeks/even months!!! Hang on...tomorrow will be here soon! Hugs, chickie!

That's it for tonight! Sure would be nice if we heard from our fearless leader sometime soon!!! Wonder how her birthday was????? (ahem, Jennifer if you are reading!)

Hugs to all!
Old 06-19-2004, 01:19 AM   #90  
Bound and Determined

Evening all!
Well, I didn't get to exercise today. And my eating was a lot worse than planned. One of those days when I really have no motivation whatsoever. I had half a can of chicken and corn chowder for breakfast (I know, weird, but it was the only thing that sounded remotely appetizing). My brother bought me a turkey sub from Subway for lunch. I finished the can of soup mid-afternoon. Mom made pork loin and mashed potatoes for dinner. Then I went to my best friend's house and had 2 cups of coffee and carrot cake. Eesh! I was planning on exercising when I got home from Kyla's, but I was NOT planning on sitting down to watch a movie with her. It's 1:00am and I just got home, so that means exercise is out for tonight. But it's ok, because if I exercise tomorrow it will make 4 days this week, and my goal is 4-5 days per week. All is well, I guess. I'd just really like to lose this weight as quickly as possible (at least, as quickly as possible through caloric moderation and reasonable amounts of exercise).

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day. But tonight I need sleep. See you in the morning!
~Elisha