* ~ * ~ * Memorial Day Challenge * ~ * ~ * - Page 9 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-15-2004, 12:06 PM   #121  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Smile It's the weekend! And we're halfway through May!

Happy Saturday, chickies! Today, we start the paper gathering for the mortgage application for the lot we're hoping to hear about on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for us- we want this soooo bad! And if we're ready to move quickly with the loan, hopefully we get a head start on things.

Yesterday, hubby & I hit a smaller grocery store to take advantage of their buy 1-get 1 free sales. We got home, emptied the car, I put all the stuff away inside, and then we took a walk around the neighborhood. That was my evening exercise.

Hubby made me these awesome nachos for lunch, so I'm sharing with my chickies- 20 small baked tostitos, 3/4 cup of the taco meat we had frozen, and 1 oz of shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese- nuke the taco meat so it's hot, then pour out onto the baked tostitos. sprinkle the cheese over that, and nuke for 30-45 seconds to melt the cheese over the mixture. Very yummy- and even good for you!

Later today I'll do more resistance bands stuff, and probably hit the bike, too. But paperwork comes first today.

Lucy- I'll have to try that out this weeknd- because I sure need to shut this mind up! And those are great pictures, chica. I love the black & white ones, personally. Awesome. And lookit that dimple! LOL

Jaymi- hope dad is okay- it's a good thing they found this now. And what a wake-up call for you- just knowing that this is in your family, and you've got this time to change your own habits- that's a tremendous help, really. You asked about the WATP- it is done mostly in place- some marching moves, knee lifts, side steps, kicks (just low ones, not like TaeBo) and then the tapes I have are for abs as well, and have a belt with resistance bands that you use while you are doing the steps. They are easy to follow, and you can get through the mile tape in 15 minutes, which is a great pace. At first I couldn't get through the mile without stopping & wheezing, but now I can easily do that one, and the 2 mile, and Mary inspired me to try the 3 mile, and I did that & survived to tell the story!

Maggi- great going- you're kicking all our tushes. You & Jaymi get custody of the tazer to whip us into shape!

Janie- you're kicking butt, too! Ome more pound- that's great!

Elisha- those pots cost a small fortune- amazing deal you got there! If I actually liked to cook, I'd want those, for sure! And comfort foods- heck, I think for me, chocolate milk, and grilled cheese are comfort foods. Macaroni & cheese, too- the creamy kind. Mostly carbohydrates- and savory things. I'm not big on sweets, really.

Ok ladies, have a wonderful Saturday & enjoy the weekend! We're halfway through the month!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #122  

He ladies hope everyone is doing good. Miss Elisha we all have those day! I have wanted to kill 4 little boys since about 3;30 today! & 1 BIG one. So yes I understand!
Jennifer glad the land thing is going good.
Jaymi How old is your sleepless daughter I have either forgotten Or never knew. IF she is still little then I promise things get better. If she is a big girl then bust her tail & put her to bed.
Good weekend to all & to all a good night
Janiepeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 03:04 PM   #123  

Height: 5 foot

Default Hey everyone!

Hello everyone, well I guess I'm not the only one that have those bad days!! I just mostly exercise when I'm having a day like that. No matter how tired or pissed I am, I know that I feel worse if I try to over eat than If I sweat out the frustration, only if it's like some crunches until I cant breathe or something!!

Well I guess before I start my whining for the day, I will talk with everyone else!!

Magnoliamouth- Just glad you checked in! Sounds like you're doing great! My clothes were doing the same thing!! So I bet you've lost. Keep it up!! What kind of exercises do you do?

Elisha- I don't work right now, But I could imagine how tired you were after a 9 hour shift, but I still say try to do a little exercise, walk, jog in place, kickboxing the air crunches.... something. That will take the edge off, I feel like that a lot of days, i felt like that today! But after I got off the treadmill I felt better. Yesterday I just cried while I was on the treadmill But, I still felt better! I am good with the cheapo stuff too, I dont even know what brand you are talking about....and I'm not ashamed about it either!!! I know I'm cheap and I know that Walmart and Dollar General are my favorite stores!! No big deal to me!! My comfort food was mostly a good double cheeseburger from Wendys or McDonalds or something.

JaniePeppers- She's 18 mths old! Busting her butt gets me no where now.....but wait until she gets bigger!!! Congrats on your goal for cancun....and even more congrats on CANCUN!! I wish I could go...anywhere like that. If running around after 4 boys isnt exercise...then what is?!?!? I can barely run around period!!!

Jennifer- Got em' crossed for ya!! Well I just got one more question about the WATP and then I'll stop asking.... Do you think it's enough exercise to substitute the treadmill? I'm starting to get tired of the treamill every single day! But before I go buy one of those tapes, I wanna get some advice!! Thanks for the comment about my dad, I appreciate it

Ok, well yesterday I did my Denise Austin tape, I did my treadmill for an hour, and I played or tried to play tennis for about an hour or so! I worked up a heck of a sweat...it was kinda fun missing the ball It was also weigh-in day, so I lost 2 more pounds. Well only 1 more lb until my goal for memorial day..10 pounds...But I kinda want to lose 5 more before then. What the heck...I might be able to.

Man, what is up with those "go active" happy meals? $6.00?!?! Why do we have to be punished for trying to eat healthy?!? Well I ate one of those yesterday..it was ok. My calories are going up a little due to the fact of eating more apples. But still not close to 1200 or anything so I guess it's still low. Today I'm on plan also, might try to add some more exercises if I want to lose more weight before the 31st. if you got to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound...which I must admit SUCKs!!!!...I need to burn more than that. Plus since I'm going to be going to TX before the 31st is up I'm going to have to find someway to exercise and eat right while I'm out there. Oh well, I guess I'll get my butt out of here for now...Holler at everyone later! If I missed anything..sorry! Have a great day!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 06:08 PM   #124  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Yes! We have internet connection

OK chickies...I missed all of you and I just spent the last hour reading through all the posts here. I have much to tell you but promised DD that I would spend some time with her tonight, so I will try to make this quick! HA! We got home from camping and DH discovered that the laptop (which has a link to internet) is connected to the server, so...we are up and running! Jennifer, I am going to try to remember the way I signed up for MSN and get that on the lap top! Maybe you can refresh my memory!!

First of all...I want to say way to go to all of you who are doing your daily exercise! And who are losing! YEA for you! You all are doing great!

Comfort food! Ah...for me that could be a million things depending on my mood! Sometimes it's Mac & Cheese, sometimes it's fast food, sometimes it's icecream! And I have been eating waaaaaay too much of that lately! Ouch! But what I realized about comfort food a while ago is that it became a comfort to me (all of the foods, pretty much...) when I had the FREEDOM to make the choice to eat anything I wanted...THAT comforted me! Strange, how food can bring comfort, isn't it? But I am trying to teach my daughter now (at 4 & 1/2) to get in touch (sounds so cliche, but true) with her feelings because she is already using food to replace boredom! So, now I ask her if she is really hungry or just bored (or whatever...) and she understands and can tell me honestly! It's a good thing and that makes me happy!

So all you wonderful women...camping was exactly what I needed! Just being outdoors for two wonderful (cold, but wonderful) days was awesome! We camped at a state park which has awesome hiking and biking trails and I did both several times over the weekend. We also went for a short little bike ride before we left this morning, too. The campground is right on a small lake and Lake Michigan borders the park (which is miles and miles of wildlife) also. It's God's gift to us, for sure! There were so many birds, geese, swans, ducks, deer and other assorted wildlife all around us! But I just enjoyed being outdoors and MOVING!!! It felt good! Food was good this weekend and although I really, wanted to have some junk food (because it's what I am accustomed to when camping) I ate healthy and no snacking, except for a Zone Bar and a couple of potatoe chips...only a couple, though!

The other thing about camping this time (haven't been since last fall) is that I seem to fit in the camper easier. That sound a little wierd since I have only lost about 12 lbs (maybe 15) since then, but really...I was moving around things in the camper and found I wasn't bumping things as much and I was able to "squeeze" past DH easier, too! I looked in the full length mirror and was suprised at how much "thinner" I looked, too. Funny...when you see yourself in the same mirror every day, you don't look any different, but when you are in a different environment and see yourself....it's different! OK...and another revelation...I am much more fit riding my bike! Yep! It's true...was NOT out of breath going UP hills as much as I had been before and I could keep my bike in a higher gear for longer periods of time! YEE HA!!!!

Got home and did some more digging in my garden today...OH...and while we were n our way home, we passed a truck that was shooting flames out of the side of it. By the time I stopped, Ihad to RUN back about 500 feet to the truck and I did RUN almost the whole way! I was out of breath, but I was able to do it! Yippee!

OK...well now DD is putting things in front of my face and hitting keys on the computer, so I need to go, but know that I am rooting for all of you and for myself, too! Tomorrow I plan to get on my REAL bike and take DD for a ride in the morning...going to go for 10 miles, I think! Ihope it's not raining, otherwise I am going to have to get on the stationary bike! Don't want to do that!!!

Hugs to all of you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:10 PM   #125  

Hay Gals. Glad everyone had a "loosing" weekend! Sounds like we are all doing great.
Hikein- U sound so refreshed! thats good. & I'm so very proud of you for biking & hiking!
Jaymi- Yep 18 months to young for the butt busting! But I promise it does get better. Our 4th one was a terrible sleeper! He drove me nuts. The twins have been great since the day they got here. To bed at 7 & up at 7. They are still pretty much like that. The middle one well he will sleep but likes to stay up late! OH CHILDREN. But the sleepless nights will soon be over. Good luck.
Janiepeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 07:28 AM   #126  
Maggi

Well chickies sounds like we are all doing about the same thing, yard, exercise, diet, taking care of family, and squeezing it all in together and hanging on from day to day.

I didn't do a lick of exercise yesterday, and I paid for it last night, if I skip a day walking on my treadmill, my mood gets down later that night. Couldn't help it, knee was killing me because of the weather. Today I will jump on and get going. I am waiting impatiently for my DDR pad and DVD to get here. I have some exercise tapes, but keep finding excuses not to do them, so I figured I was looking for something more fun to do as a second exercise. I want something that is so much fun that I just don't think I am working.

I will go over to visit my cousin on Wednesday and have a girl catch up for a couple of days with her. Fortunatly she is dieting too and she has plenty of work in mind for us to do that will subsitute as my exercise. She has a tummy tuck a year or so ago, and is going to show me her before and after pictures, silly me I just can't wait to see! Kinda thought about that myself, but still get some serious chicken going inside of me when I think to long about it. I don't think I set a weight loss goal for the challenge. I do have a goal by 5 June thought, and I have 5.5 pounds to go to meet it and I want to succeed. Today I am going to try and get all of my water in better.

I was good with eating yesterday, but just sucked at water and exercise.
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #127  
motomom

Default Monday Morning

Well my plan to ride the bike has been foiled! DH has the bikes in the back of his truck (we took them camping) and he is at work! So, I guess I am going to have to get on that dreaded stationary bike or do a 4 mile WATP tape (which sounds MUCH more appealing than the bike to be honest)!

Food today will be:
B (already eaten) 1 cup Kashi extra protein, 6 oz. milk
S melon & cottage cheese
L Asparagus, chicken & cheese wrap (yum!)
D something healthy...don't know yet!

Water: Going for 80 oz. today! Gotta get started!

I have two "home parties" this week. One is a Girls Night Out-pamper yourself type party tonight and the other is a jewelry party I am having here! I will be serving cheese chunks and some low fat chips and salsa. And maybe some wine, bottled water and soda! Nothing fancy! I'm hoping to stay on track trough both of them.

I hope everyone's Monday is going well. I feel like I am on my way to losing some weight (12+ pounds so far since January)...it sure is a slow uphill climb for me, but I'm doing it and it is getting easier to stay on track! The key is what everyone has always says...a balance of healthy eating and exercise...moderation at it's finest! My goal is to lose 50 by next summer and I'm pretty sure that is how long it will take at the rate I have been going (averaging about 3# a month! GRRRR!) But I am being patient with it, knowing that my metabolism is just so darned slow and that it will come off if I just don't give up! I have little motivational poems and sayings all over my house (mostly in the kitchen) which I refer to when I am having a weak moment! It helps. I also check in with Ralph Marsten from time to time to see what he has to say that is motivating!

OK...enough rambling...I need to exercise NOW!

Hugs to all!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #128  

Default Morning all!

Hey everyone!!!! Well, already did my Denise Austin for today! Could have done more, but it was time to bring my son to school...and my daughter was awoke by then. I woke up late this morning... I'm having a harder time getting up in the morning!!! But I'm also having a hard time going to sleep, or staying sleep! My daughter usually sleeps the whole night, so I dont know why she wants to start waking up again.... Why does it seem like she plots against me!! When I start waking up early, so does she...even if it's 5 in the morning...she'll start! I already have to stay up late to put her bed because she'll definately wake up early...sheesh babies...my son would sleep all the time. He was sleeping all night when I brought him home from the hospital. But anyway I know it'l get better...just wanted to whine for a bit....

Hikein- Sounds like you had a blast!!! !! Glad you had a good time!! I've never camped out anywhere...Went to a fish camp...but we stayed in rooms!! Right now it wouldnt be any fun, i'd be chasing the baby around constantly...but one day!!! Losing weight is just not easy regardless....but you're doing it...and you do alot of stuff that keeps you busy, so hey, maybe youre' off to a slow start...but things will pick up before you know it!!!

magnoliamouth- Good luck on your goal!!! Tummy tuck.... Scary!! My aunt had one of those...and she's always on a diet...Slimfast etc...But she's skinny?!?!? Why is it that skinny people always trying to lose something?!? I think its their mind that they lose!! (sorry auntie) I'll just keep my pooch....i just have to accept the fact that i'll never wear a bikini!! Dont much care though.
Everyone is getting that DDR, sounds fun, but probably wouldnt ever get to do it...just like I never get to play video games!! LOL

Yesterday was kool, didnt do any extra exercises just the Denise Austin and treadmill. Ate well, water was...enough! I drink as much as I can!! Sometimes I try to drink a diet soda, but i only probably drink half...but I havent had one in a couple of days. I can't believe I'm going to Texas next week already.. I have no idea how i'm going to exercise or stay on plan!! I do not wanna mess up! I might bring my scale, I told my dad that I'd cook with him and we'd eat together...It's gonna be tough since we'll be staying with my hubby's grandmother. I might just spend the nights with him, and spend the days with my dad, help take care of him....Well, if there's any ideas...share with me...I want to meet my goal...dont wanna gain all my weight back before memorial day!!!

Bye everyone, hope you all have a good day....will check back later if i get a chance!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:24 AM   #129  
lakester

Default Sorry I've been out of the loop so long...

I'd like to tell you I had a good excuse but I don't. I just needed to put some other things first for a while. I perused the posts for today (sorry I just don't have time to go back and read more) and it sounds like everyone is doing good. I have been doing ok, the weekends are always a struggle but I did ok. Food was good as was exercise but I could have been better about the water. The scale says I am still in a holding pattern, I haven't checked measurements yet and I don't really expect a change there either. The big news of the weekend was I saw Vince Gill and Amy Grant at the LPGA tournament! Vince said "Hi" as they drove past us on a golf cart.

Whoopie and I have already gotten our walk in and when I finish with this post I will head down to do the weight machines (Yipee!). My goal for today is to drink drink drink!!!!

Have a great day ladies!
lakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:34 PM   #130  
LucyKitty

I got a new toy!! We made a ton of $$$ at the garage sale this weekend, so last night we went to WalMart & got me a brand-spankin'-new ellipitical machine!! WOOT!

Friday night was awesome, in other news. We stayed out way too late but it was a ton of fun, and I hadn't seen some of the chickies there since high school, so it was awesome.

Sat & Sun were crazy working days with the garage sale, but well worth it.

Today I'm busy as all ****, too, but again, that's good. Better to keep busy than have a ton of free time to get bored in!! 4 tapes to do, at least 30 min on my brand new toy, make 3 batches of my banana bread... etc etc etc.

I think that's about it... hope everybody has a rad day!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:35 PM   #131  
LucyKitty

Ohhh man I can hardly walk!!

I just finished 80 minutes on the new toy... boy is it fun!!! Seripusly, I actually didn't feel like stopping. It's like a treadmill, bike, skiing and stair stepper all built in. My butt hurts SO BAD right now!! That part right where your butt meets the back of your thigh? Yeah. It burns sooo bad, but sooo good! I was gonna do another 40 minutes later on... I might, still. But definitely a 2-hr or so break before I hop back on that machine, AT LEAST. It says I burned just over 400 calories, but I know that's wrong because I am drenched -- my cd player actually fell out of my pants (I tied it at my waist) because the back of it was SO WET from sweating!! Hah!

Also... I have a new goal for myself. I know, it's the middle of the month... but I've decided something. When I used to be skinny at a size 9, I always thought I was fat because my legs were way bigger (but they would be because I'm really short... just a fact of life that I didn't understand then). Well, I decided that maybe I won't stop at a size 9, and maybe I'll go a little lower -- like down to a 7.

At the rate I've been going, here (since i FINALLY defeated the last plateau as of last week), I'll be down to a size 11/12 by the end of July, and if I keep it up, I could be breaking new territory below a size 9 by mid-October!! I'm gonna go for it, and if I don't get down that low, no big deal -- at least I worked hard, tried my best, and did it the healthy way!!

Now... if my jello legs will let me walk into the kitchen, it's definitely time for lunch!!

And since I forgot earlier...

B - vitamins & water & some toast (wasn't hungry)
L - 3 rice cakes w/ meat & cheese & 1 giant apple & maybe something else if I can find anything good
D - roasted chicken breast w/ lemon ginger seasoning, with some steamed brown rice and steamed veggies.

Workout -
80 min (might go to 120) of new machine... ooooh I can't walK!!
Maybe 50 super-heavy-duty ball-situps (I can hardly do 30 of these normally...)

Other than that, I might go for a quick walk this afternoon if I have time. It's sunny & 75 here right now... let's see if the crazy weather gods will keep it up this way.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:29 PM   #132  
motomom

Default Feeling compelled to check in`

I just got home, put DD to bed and had time to sit down with some time to myself, so thought I would check in!

Today, the bike ride didn't happen, but I did 3 miles with Leslie (WATP) and it felt good. I am still a little "sickish" with some bronchial and sinus stuff, but I made it through 3 miles! Yea! I also did about a gazillion loads of laundry and it is now caught up...yea right...like THAT ever happens!! LOL!

Food was good today:
B- Kahsi and milk
S- Zone bar (didn't feel like the other)
L- Chicken/asparagus/cheese wrap! It was yummy!
D- Brats on the grill (only had one!) and foil packet of asparagus and summer squash/zuchinni. It was delish!!!!
Water: Not the 80 I had hoped for, but at least 60 oz.

Went to the "home party" and survived the food. My friend had some awesome looking brownies with pb chunks in them. I did have a taste...ok, well there was 1/2 lonley brownie left on the plate and so I took it and ate it! There! I said it! I am not happy about eating it, but I did, so there's no going back now! Just gotta move forward!

Lucy-You are an exercise goddess, chickie! You make me tired just thinking about all that you do! I wish I had time for half of what you do!

Lakester-Glad you are checking in with us. Sounds like you had fun at the golf tourney! Vince Gill & Amy Grant....wow!!! That had to be exciting! My Mom is a huge Vince Gill fan!! And she loves golf...she would have been in her glory!!! Hope you got all the liquid in today!

Jaymi-you sure have your hands full with that little girl! I'll bet she's a cutie! I remember that age, it was the worst for me with my DD. It gets better, really. I remember her waking in the night at that age too and she had always been a good little sleeper. She still is...it's just a phase they go through I think! You are doing awesome with all your exercise. I know you will stay on target when you go to Texas. Just have to tell yourself you will, chickie! And just do it! There...now WHERE is that tazer????

Magi-If you ever find the secret to "getting it all together" (food, exercise, water...) let me know and I will join you! LOL! Hope your time with your cousin is just what you need! Hang in there...we can do this together!

Janie-I didn't know you had twins! How cool! Are they the youngest? You didn't say how you are doing, so hope that all is well with you!

Jennifer and the rest of you...please check in with us! We miss you! I miss you!

Now, for tomorrow...food will be as planned, water will be 80 oz. or more, and exercise will be 2 miles WATP in the AM and hopefully some toning in the evening! I'd really like to get out on that bike, but rain is forecasted! DRAT!

Hugs to all you chickies! Thanks for keeping me motivated!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:55 AM   #133  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

hey ladies! Didn't even have 5 minutes to myself yesterday- I don't know where the day went! Sheesh!

Another busy day here...trying desperately to move as many files as I can, because we're in crunch time...I have to close 30 loans by 6/30 in order to still keep my job. Gotta love that...and of course, no help from anyone but my processor. My loan officer hasn't understood the urgency of this, even though I have been up her butt about it since what, late March? Go figure.

I will try my darndest to check in later on today, or tonight. Supposed to make a run to the storage place to drop off more boxes of stuff....and then hit Home depot for blinds for the living room- finally getting through the post-construction stuff in there (don't ask- there's not enough "paper" on this thread to tell you the whole story with that.)

Suffice to say, we still haven't heard back about the land, I am still totally obsessed, not sleeping right, tired, got these lovely bags under my eyes. Food is still good, but I splurged & hubby made low-carb Krusteaz fudge brownies, and I now know that I can't keep that stuff in the house, because I must have had 3 of them on Sunday, and then one before I left the house yesterday morning, and then one when I got home. No more of those suckers!

Food is good other than that, water is good- exercise- needs to be more....but with everything I'm juggling right now, I'm happy with 2 out of 3, and trying to move my tush more.

chickies....have a great Tuesday
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #134  

Default Hi everyone!!!

I swear it takes like 2 hours to check my email, read post, do the journal.....Dial up really sucks...it is sooo slow.

Lakester- Kool!!! Vince and Amy!!! Tell the truth, were you about to faint when Vince said hi?!? Nah just kidding, well hope everything's going well with ya!

Lameducklucy- Wow!!! Sounds like a lot of fun, and it's gotcha hyped up!!! 80 minutes and more to go!!! You're gonna wear your new toy out already chickie!!! Go for it with the size 7's!!! I would love to be back in my 7's, but I'd be glad to be in 11/12's!! We sound like we're built a lot alike, so you must know that I have to lose probably about 30 more pounds or so to get there.... "jaymi's got a big ole' but...oh yeah!!"
But hey, if you're gonna try, then so am I!! We'll do it together!

Hikein- what's that WATP like? Would you substitue it for an actual 3 mile walk or what? I wanna try it because sometimes the treadmill gets pretty boring, but I wanna get the same affect or more. Please Dont even mention laundry!!! I thought I was through...but open my hubby's bathroom door and clothes are everywhere.... Grrr. Hey, now you know you shoulda mailed me half of that brownie!!!!! Dont' feel bad about it...it's just a brownie...it cant possibly kill ya!!!

Jennifer- no wonder you can't sleep!!!!!!!!!!!! All that stuff going on?!?! I wouldnt wanna change places with you for a billion dollars........well maybe a billion! Ok did you say brownies too?!!? Hey what's up with all that?!?!? I'm almost craving a brownie right now!!! Too bad I would bake some...but I would end of eating the whole batch for my self. How many calories are in those? Do you have the recipe?

Janie- I know you didnt say twins?? Twins??? Ok 2 kids are hard enough, wow!! Boy I tell ya you have to be one heck of a woman to have twins and still be sane...I mean the pregnancy alone would have made me crazy!!! Well it has gotten better than before, because at least she watches TV now...for a little while anyway. before....whoo!!!

Man, did anyone else see the Swan yesterday? That was the first time seeing an episode, and boy did that make me upset. Who defines ugly anyway? And what kind of people tease other people? And why doesnt anyone who says they are teased and terrorized in school didnt fight back? I did!!!! I swear middle school was my Mike Tyson years!! I mean they teased me because I was fair skinned, and because I had long hair, and because I was short.....And my friends were always the outcasts which everyone else teased and made fun of. I've always been like that, had friends that seems like no one else likes. I've always saw the beauty in all things. But anyway back to the swan.....it's almost like they said "hey, lets just erase her face and give her another one" or "lets' just cut everything off of her body and give her a new one" We are sitting here working our butts off to improve our looks and they just risk death to look like what other people say they should look like. Who defines fat anyway? So decided that anyone over 150 pounds is fat and shouldnt be accepted?!?! Screw them all!!!!!!!!!!! What if the world was the oposite and skinny people were the majority!!! They were the rejects!!! Now I like that better...Hey let's all move to that planet!!!!
Oh well exercise and food was good, stopping myself from doing more exercises.... 3500 cal for 1 pound sucks!!!!!! How can anyone possible burn like 10500 calories in 1 week just to lose 3 pounds?!?!? Not even going there!!! Oh well hope everyone has a good day....Need to get off of this computer! Bye all!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:18 AM   #135  
LucyKitty

Jennifer -- take a deep breath, my dear!! My parents FINALLY got their house yesterday, and they've been looking for it since September, and waiting to put the offer down (it's a foreclosure so all that red tape crap) since JANUARY!! *hug* You'll get there, just give it a little more time.

Julie -- I paid for it after that workout, man... I could hardly move last night!! It was definitely worth it, t hough. My legs aren't even sore today!! WOOT!

Jaymi -- I hear ya... But big butts are good, right?! Also, I've boycotted that show. I did watch one episode to have an educated opinion, but it makes me ill. How can people see everything as bad?! Those women are not ugly -- maybe they have a few physical flaws, but they're still beautiful people, and it sickens me what they're having done. Also... if you're trying to get the pounds off that fast... you gotta work out a lot (cardio seems to work better for this) and eat way less calories. I do it by uber-long workouts and salads for lunch & dinner w/ meats on the side, and just regular breakfasts. You'll get there!! *hug*

Well... my cold has FINALLY arrived!! About freakin' time, too, I say. I've got it this morning, so that means more water today, and more working out to make my body flush it out!!

Food -
B - 1/2 cup cracklin' oat bran cereal & my vitamins & water
L - steamed veggies, 2 rice cakes, & cheese (out of lunch meat)
D - broiled burgers & something else but not sure what, yet...

Workout -
Three 40-minute sessions on the ellipitical
500 normal situps
5 min stepper w/ free weights (tone the shoulderblades more quick!)

Other than that... for some weird reason, my right earring holes (2 of 'em) are infected.... AGAIN. This happens every 2-3 months. They are so uber sensitive and kinda useless... I can't change them, I can't wear any cute ones or my eyes puff into giant red things, and i'm allergic to -every- kind of earring available. Yeah, that includes stainless surgical steel, 24k gold, white gold, platinum, plain aluminum, etc etc etc. UGh! I'm thinking about just taking them out and saying good riddence... but I kinda like to see the little studs (1 on the left, 2 on the right) in my pictures & whatnot... I'm torn. And it's not like this is the first time -- my left ear's other two holes have closed up from the constant infections and I just got sick of it and let them close up, and the bottom (normal spot) hole on my right is closed up, too.

I'm starting college in the fall of 05. I need to do a ton before then and it's stressing me already I have to take the ACT (I dislike the SAT and it's more expensive anyway), quit my job before applying, get myself a car, figure out what the **** I want to do (as I have NO idea), and then actually apply and register. I may go for a fashion design & manufacturing major at the Art Institute, but I'm torn, still, over doing what is fun to me, or becoming a cook, or going to be a teacher, etc etc etc. The list goes on....

Anyway, I'm gonna go sweat my butt off on that new toy and get moving! Hope everybody has an awesome day!