Old 04-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #61  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Chickies!!!!! I am back!!! Thank you, Julie, for missing me!!!! I have been on the challenge, but have not had a chance to post, due to one of the most stressful weeks of my life! But, things are calmer now, and I want to officially put down my goals.

1. Drink the %&*@ water. (I promise not to whine about it this challenge )
2. Ride my bike at least 30 minutes at least 5 days a week.
3. Eat 22 points per day. (With at least some of my Flex Points weekly)
4. Do some light strength training.

I'm committed girls. Here I come shorts!!!!!

I am soooo glad to see all the response to the challenge. I just love it here, and I hope I can help you chickies as much as you have helped me. Julie, Jennifer, Lucy, you would not BELIEVE how much I have exercised. It has helped my energy level tremendously. Why didn't I listen to you guys before??

I'll check back in a bit!!!! Happy, Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:26 PM   #62  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi! I'm Julie and I'm addicted to food!

And I just typed this big long post about what I ate today and how I know this isn't supposed to be this way, 2nd day into a challenge and all, but I really went off the deep end! Let's just say, it was probably the worst food day I've had in a long time (even with the icecream earlier this week...well...maybe not!) It was confession time and you all deserved to hear what I had to say (LOL) but for some reason I hit something, and I LOST THE WHOLE DARNED POST!!! grrrrr!

So I am telling you all right here and now, that I am comitting to working extra hard this weekend, planning my menu for the weekend ands ticking with it. And y'all can tazer my a** if this happens again!!!

I did my exercise this morning and ate a smart breakfast but that's where the good part of the day stopped. I did finish with a salad from Ruby Tuesday's salad bar for supper tonight...but it was all after the fact! UGH!

So now, I'm off to spend some time with DD and play and give her my undivided attention (which she DOES deserve)...

Have a great weekend everyone and keep up the great work!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:36 PM   #63  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

O.K., Julie should I have the tazer on standby??? Only teasing -
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:19 PM   #64  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Julie I send you ((((((HUGS)))))) and tell you tomorrow is another day. Try and make it a better one too!!! There WILL be LESS of you when we are through!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:26 AM   #65  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Lisa! Glad you're back with us, girl! I was checking the ranks & was going to check on you- you beat me to the punch. Look at the incredible turnout!

What a great group already!

Okay- tonight I did 6 miles on the bike at nearly 20 mph- and finished up the last mile at a cooldown pace, for a total of 7 miles in 22:53 minutes. Hubby was watching TV & kept turning to watch me pedaling away on the bike- MP3 player cranked, head bobbing like when you rode your bike as a kid....feet moving, silent-singing to the songs...and of course, that's when he wants to ask me questions.

Dinner- since I had to pick stuff up for hubby, I had grilled cheese for dinner- I was under on everything yesterday- and I'm going to do the 2 mile WATP tomorrow morning, so the little added fat in the butter used for that, and the full-fat cheese will be worked off long before it can adhere to my butt.

Oh- Lisa- the aching tushie...problem solved- 1 small bath towel folded over makes a great cushion for where mine is apparently missing. Everywhere else has excess padding but that portion of the tush. Go figure!

Julie- woman!!!! Lisa is back with a vengeance, and I'll just bet she's got the tazer warmed up & ready to zap! I'd be skeered if I were you! LOL Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, & sweat your tuckus off this weekend...I'll do a sympathy ride on the bike this weekend just to see if it helps you.

Mel- love the new signature. Very true. Future, watch out- we're all on our way!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:12 AM   #66  
Onward and downward!

Hi Everyone

So far, so good. Spent yesterday afternoon in the yard doing some heavy duty weeding and digging, as we are planning a vegie garden! Can actually feel it in my muscles today. Have also had to deal with a downright nasty comment from a neighbor, took a few deep breaths, told her I was busy and went back to my weeding. I feel great that I did this, normally I would have fretted about her comment, and turned to food at some stage during the evening, but not yesterday .

That's it for now, hope everyone is having a great day,

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 03:28 AM   #67  
Weight Watcher Newbie

Good evening ladies. I did weigh in yesturday and personally i like my morning home weigh in better But i have lost 2 inches around my butt and one around my waist. Lost 1.6 lbs this week.

I did soooo good tpday.. i ate all my vegies and stayed in my points... i am so proud...

I lied....

Well today was BAD... at work we are having the Sweet Sale... (JcPenneys) and we have those damnreally good candies... and i forgot my lunch. So i had 3 oranges and chocolate. Then we went to the lobster buffet. I am missing 1 cup of water. I think MTOM is coming

Well better tomorrow....

To self: STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE...

:CHEER: I CAN DO IT :CHEER:
:CB::CB:
Or_eo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:28 AM   #68  
motomom

[QUOTE=Or_eo17
I lied....

Well today was BAD... at work we are having the Sweet Sale... (JcPenneys) and we have those damnreally good candies... and i forgot my lunch. So i had 3 oranges and chocolate. Then we went to the lobster buffet. I am missing 1 cup of water. I think MTOM is coming

Well better tomorrow....

To self: STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE...

:CHEER: I CAN DO IT :CHEER:
:CB::CB:[/QUOTE]

C'mon chickie...we can do this together! MTOM should be here any MINUTE! Still no sign of it...but I am done with the pigging out! Let's challenge each other...maybe we can stay accountable that way! Want to? We'll stay on track for the weekend...no veering off course with food! You in?
Old 04-03-2004, 08:50 AM   #69  
motomom

Default Saturday Morning!

It's a lazy Saturday here so far...but it's only 7:30...and it's Saturday, for heaven's sake!!! When I get done here, I'm gonna hop on the bike for 30 (maybe more...depends on how I feel) minutes and then do my whole body toning/weights which, if done thoroughly will take about 30 minutes.

So, no time to waste. Gotta get moving and then eat breakfast and then...housework calls. Lots of just plain ole cleaning to do today, and a project which I promised DH I would help him with...which has been put off for over a year when we redecorated last winter!!

Lisa, I knew you'd have that tazer out and ready!!! Lol! Drink that water, girl!

Mel, thanks for being sweet, as always! (Sure glad Linda's not here! She'd be using that prod on me, for sure!)

Jennifer...you rock sister....you and that bike, girl...you will go places!

Lucia...ah...gardening...i'm so looking forward to that! Plant a few rows of lettuce for me, eh? What are you going to plant, BTW? My daughter (who's 4) wants a garden this year and so we are planning where to put it and what to plant! We will start it the end of this month, but gotta get the sod taken up and the ground tilled, first! I think I'll have someone else (maybe DH ) do that part!!!

Kelly...be kind to your MIL!! I know that temptation, though and we are all working on becoming kinder and gentler people...even towards the ones we'd love to choke!!!! Hope you have a great weekend, and stay the course, chickie!

Off to ride the bike! I'll check back in in the morning!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:24 AM   #70  
SAHM of 3

Smile Hello All

Happy Saturday!! Oh wait... ...Okay, now Happy Saturday.
Wow, has anyone sat back and actually looked at everyone involved in this challenge? Look at this...
Yesterday I said hello to these girls...
Jennifer
hikein2005
Beckifer
Magnolia
Mary
JCH
Stefanie
Myrtle and Cindi...
Today I'm going to say hello to all of you again and these that I missed or are new...
partytime
mksme123
Oreo
lameducklucy
Angel
Nefertiti
Melody
Lucia
Kelly
Ozzie
Ladyrose and Lisa.
Wow, that's alot. I'm excited there are so many of us. I'll never be able to keep up with all that. I'm a part of the sahm forum and there's about 10 or so and I get totally lost. I have to make notes everytime I read through it. There were a few I wanted to touch on though...

mksme123 - from Texas? Me too. Where exactly? I see this was your first post, you're new. I'm fairly new. We should chat.

Oreo - you're getting married in August, right? WTG. You're trying to stay away from chocolate, Good Luck. I love chocolate, your name makes me hungry.

Kelly - Are you sure you should be counting calories AND watching carbs. When you watch carbs so much of what you CAN eat has alot of calories. Be careful, we want you to get enough of what you need.

Yesterday was bad, bad, bad for me. Fridays are the hardest because I'm not at home. I even packed my meals and a few little snacks, and all my meals were good, it was what was between them that wasn't. I've got to figure out how to not screw up so badly on Fridays. I didn't get to exercise yesterday either, because like I said, Fridays are not good for me. But I'm refreshed and feel great and today is a new day. I'll start over happily, joyfully and ready for anything.

I hope all of you girls have a great Saturday.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #71  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Morning Challenging Chicks!!

I had another good day food wise yesterday, but my new meds are keeping me from being hungry so I am thinking I am not eating enough. I need to add snacks in to up the calories a bit. I almost got enough water, but had a crazy evening with injured baby, so didn't get the last bottle down.

Didn't get the exercise going well either, I was busy and on my feet with 2 18mo boys to chase after, but no "intentional" exercise to speak of. Today I will get in some...I am DETERMINED!

To all of you that struggled this last day or two...As long as you acknowledge that you had a goof and get right back on track, you are gonna be fine. We will all have a slip or even decide that we just want to indulge in something and that's okay as long as you push your "restart" button and jump right back in. No need to beat yourselves up over it, what's done is done. Just think about it and decide what you can do to avoid the problems you faced!! I think if you are going to indulge, you should enjoy it!!! Then get back to the work at hand!! YOU CAN DO IT, LADIES! Please don't wait until you have a serious health problem to decide to care for yourselves, like I did!

For the rest of you(see I take the easy way, LOL!) Keep doing what you are doing! Keep sharing your successes, you are an inspiration to the rest of us!

I'll check in in a bit to see how we are doing today! Now go get busy!!! And drink that water!!!!!!!!!

Love to all!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #72  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I'm off to a good start today and need to get more water in though. Yesterdays was minimal. The DD needs help painting the lobby windows so I will be back later. It should be a great day.....my hands are full of paint!! Came up for my snack and to check in.
Have a wonderful Saturday!!!
Crystal ~hello right back to you!!!
Julie~ thanks for the idea. I forgot I can go get Linda!!!
Lucia~ I want to look like your avatar when I grow up!!!

I better get going, the DD is a hard taskmaster and will be ringing my bell to see what's taking SO LONG!!! TTFN

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-03-2004 at 11:18 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:08 PM   #73  
motomom

Default Some random thoughts...

Morning again chickies...
It's now 11am and I did an awesome 90 minute workout! I wish I could do that every day, but I will take what I can!

Was talking with DH this morning about my struggles with this weight loss. He was very supportive and reminded me that almost 10 lbs in 3 months = about a pound a week and by the end of a year, if Ikeep going at this rate, I will be at my goal of 50lbs off! I know he's right, but I still had to whine that I want it come off faster. Like he said, it's not gonna happen with MY body...unless I starve myself! LOL! So, I am happy with the almost 10lbs in 3 months and the changes in my body and lifestyle. I am going to continue to work at this and remember daily that this is a journey, not an overnight change! Afterall, how many YEARS did it take me to develop these bad habits and get this way??? So, I go back to my first goal and will remember to be gentle with myself and remember why I am making these sacrifices!

MEL...you had just better keep quiet with Linda on this challenge, chickie! Or I'll just have to get the tazer out after you!!!

bigtimeloser...thanks for the words of encouragement. We all can use those kinds of positive encouragements when we need to get back up. I'm pretty sure today is going to be a day full of successes! Yea me! And yea you for being here with us!

watkinsguru....c'mon chickie. You and me...we gotta get through these Fridays (and any other day) when we struggle to stay focused! I am going to come up with a mantra whenever I feel tempted. Something like..."You are worth SO much more than this...(whatever I want to put in my mouth)". OK, now it's your turn!

Happy Saturday all! I gotta go get this housework started or it will be afternoon before I even start!

Huge hugs to all!
Old 04-03-2004, 12:49 PM   #74  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Wink Ahhh...Saturday!

Yes...weekend time! And as an added bonus, I get to drag hubby out shopping! I've got a bunch of gift cards that have been piling up & no reason to spend them, but hubby needs new jeans, and I need some new shirts- everything is big now (massive non-scale-victory!) and hanging funny- too frumpy for work, but ok for weekends. I've tried putting these in the dryer to shrink them, but it didn't shrink them enough! LOL.

Instead of the 2mile WATP this morning, we'll go do our shopping runs, and then come home, I'll change, and do the tape & then some UB. And hubby is getting back on track next week to. He's been so supportive, doing the cooking & prepping with me. There's also some great sales at Publix- my Smart Start is buy 1 get 1 free again...plus a bunch of other stuff.

Happy Painting today Mel. Tell my Dear Sister that she gets custody of you this weekend! (((Mom2)))

Lucia- hope that rude neighbor gets what's coming to them. Good job staying focused & not letting it cause a binge for you.

Oreo- 3 inches is great- and 1.6 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. Step away from the chocolate, girl!

Lisa- kick butt with the exercise- you're putting me to shame, girl!

Julie- give that precious little one an extra hug- I'll mail her seeds, if it gets you outside! what veggies does she want to grow?

Crystal- I'm so excited by the turnout. It seems no matter what time of day you peek in here, there's always someone around. Makes it so much easier to come & find someone to talk you out of doing something you shouldn't...

The last challenge, by the time we were nearing the end, we all felt comfortable asking the others to prod us, or tazer us into behaving. Lisa's the one we have to watch out for! LOL (just kidding Lisa..I don't wanna be zapped for that comment! )

Cindi- I may have to resort to your easy way! LOL I'm taking notes, but I swear, I can't keep up with everyone. I don't want anyone to feel left out, or ignored.

On that note, if I did miss you, I swear, it wasn't intentional. Whack me in the head & get my attention, if I did.

Have a great Saturday- I'll be back after we shop & I sweat!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:54 PM   #75  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Hello

Great NSV Jennifer! Forever motivated. She's such a role model. Everyone doing okay? I'm working on my third OP day. Although the pinto beans I ate yesterday fit into my POINTS plan, it was explained to me that it was enough carbs for nearly two days. Hmmm. I must investigate further.
I woke up last night at 1830 with horrible pains in my legs from standing still so long at that stupid job fair I can walk for what seems like forever, but I guess standing still for so long (in a slow moving line) was a different thing. OUCH.
I've already done my work out for the day (1 mile WATP w/belt) and I'm done eating and I'm working on my last bottle of water. I've got a huge stack of bills that need paid. But I think I'll just take them to work with me tonight and pay them towards morning when most of the calls have stopped.
There was a flock (do they call them flocks?) of turkeys in the field behind my house, when I came home from work this morning. A Tom strutting for his Jennys: a sure sign of Spring. I tried to snap a photo with my digital, but they were too far away. That Tom was huge!
I guess I should post some goals, but I feel they're the same as the last challenge.

1. Drink 72 ounces of water a day (or more, hopefully more)

2. Stay within my POINT range (right now it's 28)

3. Exercise at least five days a week, maybe more. WATP, TAEBO,
Treadmill, bicycle etc

4. Be nicer to myself. More accepting if possible. Try to be more
optomistic. Support and motivate others in need of
encouragement.

5. And try to journal every day. If not on here, than on paper. But
journal-journal-journal. Thoughts, water, exercise AND ESPECIALLY
food.

Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote