Old 04-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #32  
Nefertiti

Thumbs up My April Goals

I love this idea - thanks Jennifer! Ok, here's my goals:

1. Stay on SBD
2. Cardio 4-6 times each week
3. Weights 3 times each week
4. Increase (and make it habit) drinking water
5. Lose at least 6% body fat (I'll be happy with a skinnier tummy)

I can't go by weight, I get to caught up in the scale, so if I ignore it and just go for the body fat I can do this.

Good luck everybody!
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:39 PM   #33  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default What about me??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Jennifer**
I think that's everyone...and it's 4pm now...gotta go refill this glass of water, hit the ladies room, and return some phone calls. Have a great one, ladies!

Hey...did you forget about your ole pal, Jules??? C'mon chickie! I'm your #1 fan...did ya forget???

Still working on my goals! Sigh! I'll get them on here eventually, but for now...

SW: 181.5
CW: 172
Challenge Goal Weight: 165...that's 8 lbs., right?
Ultimate Stellar Goal Weight: 130

Will finish reading all these posts and then check back in!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:43 PM   #34  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel911
I need all the challenges I can , to make sure I stay on track

PS how do you get the picture under your name? This is new to me!
Angel, is that your doggie? Cute pic!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:50 PM   #35  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Lil Daughter.. Mom2 is here!

Jen~ I have decided to join. I don't have as many Dr appointments now and hopefully can spend more time on the PC. Sooooo................................
My measurements for April 1st:
WEIGHT 173
NECK 15
SHOULDERS 43.75
BUST 45
WAIST 42.5
HIPS 44.5
UP. ARM 12.5
FOREARM 10
THIGH 19.75
CALF 13.5
I wanted to post them so I have them handy. Now for my goals
!-D pedals 5x's a week
2-Do the yoga 2x's a week
3-Keep the water level more even
4-Keep my food journal up to date
5-Keep my written journal up to date
6-Do my cards
7-Read my Ralph Marston with the music ON and use the time for meditation
I was doing all this and more so I should be able to get this under my belt and keep it there!!
Good luck to us all and thanks Jen for the Challenge ideas!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-01-2004 at 08:35 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:03 PM   #36  
LucyKitty

Ok, calories for today are now up a little bit. My bad tooth (need a root canal, someday when I have the money to get one...) is giving me ANOTHER migraine, so I'm taking a narcotic painkiller, and that means I have to eat something with it. I'm gonna do 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream, because it calms my tummy and makes the nausea go away. So... that ups me to just over 1500 cals for the day, but that's ok. Could be worse. I could have baked a cake and eaten half of it.

Anyway... I know I post a lot, but if I write it down, then I'm being honest to myself. If I end up being dishonest with myself, what's that going to get me? A whole lot of nothing is what!!

Other than that, my longest tape today was an interpreter tape, which is my FAVORITE tape to type! I just hit play, and type every few seconds. They're longer, but they get me the same amount of pages in half the work!! I am so lazy. Anyway... hope you guys havin an awesome day!!

Angel: awww CUTE!!
Julie: Darn right you're joining this one!! Since we have basically the same goal, I just discovered, you had better be joining if I am!! Besides that, if you weren't here, who would bring out that tazer!?
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:39 PM   #37  

Default Not my doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikein2005
Angel, is that your doggie? Cute pic!
But I sure thought it was a great picture to motivate me thru the easter challenge...it reminds me of me if I was a dog..just a little wacked!

I have a huge Black Great Dane Lab Mix...perfect combination it appears..we adopted him!
angel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:01 PM   #38  
Onward and downward!

Talking Hi from Lucia...count me in!

Just what I need! A challenge, and a motivated group of people to support and encourage My goals for April are:

* Maintain my healthy eating habits (except for when the Easter Bunny
visits! )

* Do my weights routine 3 days per week.

* Cardio, at least 30 mins, 3 days per week and yoga or pilates on other
day of the week.

* Work at not taking people's careless comments to heart, I have no control
over what they say.

* My weight loss aim for this month is 6lbs.

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:18 PM   #39  
motomom

Default Goals! Finally!

I reviewed my goals from the last challenge and found that I didn't reach all of them, but I did work hard at it and did manage to meet some of them. I need to continue to realize that this is a LIFETIME change and I didn't learn these habits overnight (thus goal #1). I didn't have a weight goal last time because I found that the first challenge I did and I just got discouraged when I couldn't meet it. This time around, I have a better idea of what my body is able (willing?) to do with this weight and what it takes to get there! These have been invaluable lessons and I would have never learned them if I hadn't participated in the last two challenges. They have really kept me motivated!

I have finally sat down and written out my goals and will revise/update as needed throughout this challenge! They are as follows!
Goals (or things to do) for the Easter-Spring into Motion Challenge:

1.Remember to be gentle with myself daily/hourly, allowing for my human side but also remembering why it is that I am making sacrifices: lose weight & get healthy & fit! (Hiking!)
2.Plan weekly menus (generally)
3.Exercise daily in the morning-30 minutes; twice on Saturday or Sunday.
4.Drink 64-80 oz. Water daily
5.Spend 2-3 nights after work outdoors with daughter
6.Ultimate weight goal for this challenge (end of April?): to be in the 160ís and stay there!

I'm so happy to see MEL here!!! YEA! OK, that's enough...don't want your head to swell!

It is great to see so many NEW faces and some of the old ones, too! What a great group we have got going this time around. I am counting on lots of inspiring/motivational words encouragement from all of you and promise I will give it back, too!! All the way to the end!!

Here's to a great start with this challenge...
Old 04-01-2004, 10:24 PM   #40  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameducklucy
Julie: Darn right you're joining this one!! Since we have basically the same goal, I just discovered, you had better be joining if I am!! Besides that, if you weren't here, who would bring out that tazer!?
LOL...Lucy, you are too funny! Where is Lisa??? You know she has used that tazer more than me...and usually ON me! Jennifer just threatens it...she's such a pushover!! I only bring that thing out when absolutely necessary!
Catch you in the morning!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:57 AM   #41  
SAHM of 3

Default Good Morning All....It's FRIDAY

Good Friday morning. I think I only posted once yesterday when I joined up. So I'll have to start keeping track of how everyone is doing, for now...........
Hello:
Jennifer, kidein2005, Sylvia, Beckifer, Magnolia, Mary, JCH, Stefanie, Myrtle and Cindi.

I hope all of you the best ever. Good Luck.

Jennifer - I think you wanted to know what type of exercising I would be doing. Well, I've been having a problem with that because I honestly haven't figured out when to schedule it in my day, but the others at the stay at home mom's forum has helped me unbelievably. I finally exercised yesterday. I have a stationary bike that I'm starting to ride, I start at 20 minutes or so and I'm working up from there. A couple days a week I'm gonna try to get outside if hubby will watch the kids so maybe I can go walking or something ALONE, if you know what I mean. Anyway.

Good Luck and I'll check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:25 AM   #42  
motomom

Default Quick Friday AM entry

Got up a bit late today so had time to do 20 minutes on the bike. Felt good! I plan to do weights when I get home tonight!

I wanted to add a goal, which I forgot yesterday. It is:
To journal my daily food eaten on this journal every day...no matter what!

I did that in the last challenge and helped me to realize and be accountable for what I did eat (even if it wasn't the best decision...) So here I am so far...

B-fast this morning: Turkey & cheese roll up on honey wheat tortilla w/ a smidge of honey mustard! I'll munch on a few pecans on the way to work, just to get in my fat!

Water: about 20 oz. already this morning! Yea!

It's going to be a glorious day here in West Michigan. STill not as warm as I would like it to be, but sunny, anyway...AND it's pay day! AND it's Friday and I have 3 days off after today!

Happy Friday to you all!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #43  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up Good Morning, Sunshines!

Morning, everyone! It's Friday...and can you believe we have to turn the clocks back this weekend? Ugh!!! Man, I am not a morning person to begin with, so combine that with even less sleep, and getting up earlier to exercise-I am going to be a hurting puppy on Monday!

I was all out of sorts last night into this morning. My head was killing me when I got home, and I made the mistake of laying down. Yup- I fell asleep at 6pm, and hubby woke me up at 9 to feed me.

Dinner:
1 slice light oatmeal bread, toasted
1 slice Kraft fat free cheddar
2 oz tuna w/ 1 tsp fat free miracle whip

So, I couldn't really fall back to sleep, and tossed until around 2am. I'm tired this morning, but it could have been worse- eating right makes such a huge difference.

Today's food:

Breakfast:
1/3 cup Smart Start
1 pineapple cottage double
1 oz fat free mozzarella cheese

Lunch: (defrosting here as we speak)
3/4 cup chili
3/4 cup elbow macaroni
sprinkle of cheddar cheese

No ideas for dinner yet...but the day is still young.

Already into my first 24oz of water. And luckily, I got out of jury duty. Yes!!!

Okay, to catch up with everyone:

Nefertiti- Welcome! Good to see you here. Goals look really good!

Julie- See??? I knew I was bound to miss someone. You know I couldn't really forget you...I promise it's not on purpose. Goals look good, girlie. As far as that tazer, I'll be using it on myself first & foremost, to get my buns in gear on the exercise front.

Mel- Mom2!!! Welcome! Glad you joined us! Pedal on, chickie- goals look great, and hopefully you'll have more free time to yourself. I never thought of using Ralph time to relax/meditate to....I may have to try that!

Lucy- you & that ice cream! you are begging for the tazer, aren't you? Hope the tooth feels better- that's no fun at all.

Angel- great picture- that's too cute!

Lucia- Welcome to the group! Good to have you on board. I hear you as far as those careless comments- a woman I am forced to work closely with has a problem- no matter what she says, she goes outof her way to be hurtful. Just this past Wednesday, our boss brought in an italian lunch- I stayed on target & ate what I brought in. Of course, this woman had a comment for that. Had I eaten the lunch of a small scoop of baked ziti, 2 meatballs & a piece of italian bread, she would have commented, so I can't win either way. I used to let it bother me- it took a long time to get to the point where I can say that her comments aren't because of anything that I do, they reflect on how nasty a person she really is.

Crystal- I'm sure it's hard to try to set a schedule with 3 kids. How are mornings as far as trying to fit in 20 minutes? I'm addicted to the stationary bike that we got- the ladies from the last challenge can attest to that...I'm a bit obsessed with it. Alone time...ahhh- enjoy that when you can carve some out for yourself!

Ok, ladies...off to actually do some work....make it a great day!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:54 AM   #44  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default I need to learn to use preview

Jennifer - I don't think my way of unpacking could count as cardio. Unpacking, for me, consists of pulling an object from a box, staring blankly at it for a few minutes, glancing around the room for a few minutes, and eventually putting the object on a shelf in the closet because I can't figure out where it should go.

Good to see all the oldtimers again, and the newcomers (like Mel ) as well.

Alright - here are my goals:

Weight: 155 (this would have been easier had I met my goal for the last challenge...)
Body Fat %: 27%
Running (same as last time, since I stopped using my treadmill): 1 mile @ 5mph (or, in 12 minutes at the track), 2 miles @ 4mph (or, in 30 minutes)
Weights: increase #s, increase number times/week, decrease reps/set
Curves: 5x/week (I've decided I like going every day)
Eating: 1200-1400 5 days/week, 1800 or less the other two days (i.e. weekends)

I'm not sure yet HOW I'm going to add running back in, while going to Curves every day and increasing the number of times I lift. I may have to start doing something in the morning, as much as I hate the thought of getting up before 6am. (I looked for sleeping smilies, but this is the closest I saw.)

Well, time for more coffee!

Last edited by 2sw33t; 04-02-2004 at 09:56 AM.
2sw33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:57 AM   #45  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Morning Challenge Chicks!!

Yesterday was a great day with the eating and water, but not enough exercise. I am recovering from a high blood sugar episode on Tuesday and am just feeling human again. Maybe today!! It's a shame I had to be scared into doing this(Blood sugar was in 250-400 range for who knows how long), but I am glad I wised up and am trying, I already feel alot better, even without the exercise!

Everyone has great goals, I like seeing that so many are taking care of them selves on so many levels and that it's not ALL about the weight loss.

Okay Girls, gotta do some housework around here today. Will chack back in later!! Happy Friday!!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote