Old 04-01-2004, 12:46 PM   #16  
SAHM of 3

Talking I'm In...

I am IN!!!

I joined this site this weekend and have met a buddy, we chat daily, I also have been posting on stay at home mom's thread. I'll join this one too.
I'm a stay at home mom of 3. 5y, almost 3y and 16m. I homeschool. I've lost 3 pounds already this week. I don't follow a plan, I just make better, healthier choices. I'm a sugaraholic and a snacker.

My goals for April:
Lose 5 lbs. by Easter
Start and keep an exercise regimen for at least 5 days a week
Start and keep my better eating choices
drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
To lose a total of 15 lbs. by the end of April

SW/CW/1GW/2GW
210/207/145/125

YEAH!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND CHECK IN OFTEN!!! WTG!!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:57 PM   #17  
Legend in my own mind

Hey, I lost 50 lbs in one week!!!! j/k April fools and all that but really.

I'm new here and I am serious about loosing weight and getting in shape.
I goal this month is to be able to go shopping on 4/30/04 and get a new pair of jeans that are smaller than the ones I got now..

One thing that seams to be working for me is to drink a large glass of water or ice tea no suger first thing in the morning and not eat anything until I have been to work for at least 1/2 hr. at which time I usually like to have some home made low or no carb soup tomato based, but today I stooped low and had Campbells chicken gumbo at 150 cals. two hours later I like to have a large cup of hot green tea with lemon.
Lunch time I like to have a whole wheat tortilla with whatever filling,
like yesterday it was a little left over steak sliced thin with low fat sour cream and salsa and salad greens with green salad on the side with low fat Italian dressing and 1/2 avacado.
two hrs later I have my apple and some water through out the day.
I also sip on some low salt V8 I keep in the refrigerator.
When I get home from work I'm not starving and I feel like I have lots of energy to do all that massave pile of house work and cooking...
I do walk a lot and try to walk fast enough and far enough to get my heart rate up..

so have your fingers crossed for me so I can get those new jeans... ok?
you know I have my fingers crossed for you I really do..
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #18  

Default new to this

I am new to this, but I really like it. I have been writing in the journal area. It really helps me stay motivated.
Goals for April:
1. Exercise 20 times for the month.
2. Lose 5 pounds.
3. Save WW Flex points each weeks.
4. Be kind to myself each day.
mksme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:06 PM   #19  
Weight Watcher Newbie

IM IN

My goals...
1. Dring more water every day.
2. Join the Gym, and take the 4 mile walk with mike every sunday
3. Loose 10 lbs :

WE CAN DO IT

I learned today when i : i dont look at if i lost anything im just when i dont gain my weight back. And if i Loose...

Sorry i just learned about the and im havin fun. Well i go to WW tonight wish me luck

Or_eo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:10 PM   #20  
LucyKitty

Hey!! Of course, I'm in. *G*

Kinda in a hurry to go work out right now (or finish, anyway...), but here's my basic goals.

Workout goals:

Bike for 20 min, 4x/week.
Stepper (with increased resistance, which I JUST discovered!) at least 3x/week w/ weights.
At the VERY MINIMUM, 500 situps per day.
4 1-mile walks per week, MINIMUM!! (Starting next week, because daylight savings is sunday)

Food goals:

Drink my darn water!! (that's at least 70 oz/day)
Take my vitamins! EVERY DAY!

Here's my other goals:

ST: 235
CW: 161
GW: 125 (I'm 5'1")

Starting Size: 22
CS: 13/14/15 (depending...)
GS: 9/10

Time I need to reach my goal: By July 1, 2004. My best friend is getting married on the 23rd of July and I need to be there, by then, no excuses!! (All the rest of her bridesmaids are a size 0, 2, 4, and 8. I don't wanna be a 15 then!)

A li'l background info on me, for those of ya who don't know me. Welcome to the challenge, first!! We always need more awesome chickies in these!!!
I'm 21, 5'1", and I'm a transcriptionist.

My goal for this challenge, in specific, is to drop from a size 13/14 to a size 11/12, or, if I am superJess, a size 10!! (that would be a dream, my friends!)

Hope everybody is having a wonderful day!! We can do it!! Yay for us!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #21  
Weight Watcher Newbie

500 situps, how do you do that? I get 80 and i cant go further....
Old 04-01-2004, 03:24 PM   #22  
Changing the things I can

Cool 500 situps... Sigh

I have GOT to start exercising y'all........... Gonna start walking after work today. Might walk to the tanning salon? Or not. I thought I'd use my ME time for walking but I really like to go home & while I -------- Oh, I do'nt know.... All I know is if I don't get MOVING I'm not gonna start losing. 12 days & no loss yet.......

Stef
scs_2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #23  
Legend in my own mind

don't worry Stef, you will start to loose. maybe it just takes time to get into new habits and you can adjust your diet as the days go by until you do start to see results, the walking is a good idea..
I park a long way from where I work so I am at least getting two 10 min walks a day and then when I walk at lunch it works out to be 20 more min, and that is helpful. also I found a restroom in my work area that is farther away then the other one and it is up a long flight of stairs so I do that rest room now.
but every little thing helps right?
Old 04-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #24  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs up Wow!!! What a Turnout!

Wow, Wow, Wow! What a great turnout! It's so nice to see all these new faces in addition to the returning chickes from the Spring Fling Challenge.

Welcome to the group, Stefanie, Myrtle, Crystal, Partytime, Mksme123, and Oreo! Make yourself at home- you're now part of an incredible group of women- Yeah, I'm a little biased, but they really are great! We're happy to have you all aboard!

Welcome back to Mary, 2sw33t, and LucyKittyJess! Glad to see you return. I also hear from NorthernClipper- she'll be joining us when she can, but please, just send good thoughts her way.

If I miss you, I promise, it's because I took notes in a hurry & well...I'm lucky I can read my own writing right now! I wanted to get in here once before the day was over- starting this at 3:30- who knows how long this will take

Mary- hope that the job situation shakes itself into place for you, and that this is your month. Rock on, Turtle woman. And I love that avatar- what a fine portrait, my friend!

2sw33t- Are you settled into your new place yet? Is unpacking considered cardio? Looking forward to seeing your goals.

Stefanie- Welcome! Goals look real good, but I know I'd be hung up on the weighing one. I can get a little obsessed with that- I want to see some kind of change, even if it's a 10th of a pound on the digital scale. I'm nuts- I'll admit it. (That's not a bad thing, right??) And you're so right about getting moving- I put 2.2 pounds on in on by eating right-everything was right on target-just didn't exercise for about 10 days. I know this month, I can't slack, even for a weekend!

Myrtle- Welcome! We really never had a set day to announce losses- since we're all following different plans,and have different weigh in days, etc, I say, if you have a loss, post it & flaunt it anytime! We've got awards to give out for pounds lost, or inches lost (since the scale isn't always our best friend, right ladies?) At the end of the month, we'll recap our losses and successes, and celebrate. Which DVDs are you using?

Crystal- Welcome! I feel your pain with the snacking & sugary things. If I touch one cookie, it may as well be the entire bag. Chocolate chip are bad, but then, I can hear the Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies 3 houses over calling to me. What types of exercise are you planning?

Partytime- Welcome! New Jeans shopping is always a great reward. Anything you're doing besides your food plan? LOL @ 50 pound loss- even if my butt fell off, it wouldn't be 50 pounds.

Mksme123- Welcome! I especially like goal #4- something I know I can forget to do waaay too often. Excellent mindset, chickie!

Oreo17- Welcome! You made me smile with all those dancing bananas- I swear, they look like they are doing aerobics. And I agree, even no loss is better than a gain- holding steady means we're on the right track, at least. Which gym are you looking into?

LucyKitty- you are going to have abs of titanium by the end of this month. Holy poop, girl! Oh, to be young and flexible again. 1 size should be very doable, especially with all that activity. I'm tired just thinking about all those situps. Now I need a nap.

I think that's everyone...and it's 4pm now...gotta go refill this glass of water, hit the ladies room, and return some phone calls. Have a great one, ladies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:19 PM   #25  
Legend in my own mind

^^^UHHH Jennifer,,, read my post again and I said j/k april fools day on the 50 lb loss.. sorry about that, I like to joke for april fools day.
but really I had lost 10 so far and that has been a struggle from the end of October and to now. But I am trying harder than ever and so I am going to get those new jeans and probably new underware..
thanks for the nice welcome, I look forward to the challange and exchanging ideas with all you nice ladies...
Old 04-01-2004, 04:27 PM   #26  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Partytime, that's ok- I was kidding you back, chickie. Good to have you here!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:37 PM   #27  

Default I am up for the Easter Challenge

I need all the challenges I can , to make sure I stay on track

PS how do you get the picture under your name? This is new to me!
angel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:41 PM   #28  
LucyKitty

Oreo - I used to do 'em for fun... I know, I'm crazy. It comes from months and months of work! You'll get up there, just keep workin' at it!!

Stef - If you aren't accustomed to working out every day, then you won't have the motivation right away. It's a really lame thing, but to get that motivation, you hafta kick your butt into gear and start working out. After a few days, you look forward to it!! Also, try working out a little bit in the morning, right after you get up. That gives me a lot of energy to deal with the day. You'll get there!!

Okay, so I'm at 300 situps now (after my 20 min on the bike) and eating my lunch. I'm done with just over 50 oz of water -- WOOHOO!! I snuck in some cyrstal light with lunch, and since it's got no sugar and is mostly water, I consider it water. :P

It is so beautiful today!! Sunny, warm, and they just cut the grass, so it smells awesome, too. Argh!! And I have 5 tapes to do?! They'll never get done at this rate. *G*

I can't believe how many new chickies have signed up for this challenge!!! WTG, you guys!! I'm totally proud of you all!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:48 PM   #29  
Legend in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel911
I need all the challenges I can , to make sure I stay on track

PS how do you get the picture under your name? This is new to me!

you just go into your user cp top left, and go in and set your avatar..
its just that easy...
Old 04-01-2004, 05:58 PM   #30  
Weight Watcher Newbie

I called all the local places. I decided on my parents gym. They have a pool and classes and all teh stuff. Plus ive been there 5 different memberships before lol. AND i learned since im taking ONE college class i get 50 % off. SO 25 dollars a month and 30 joining. I was like way cool. So im going to go in the mornings with my mom

Thanks for teh support and i go to class and WW tonight will check in again later..

Have had 6 glasses of water, this is getting easy... lol i try not to think about it...