Old 04-06-2004, 08:29 PM   #136  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Lol

...on the "quick" post! I think that's a record! Sorry for that!
Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:00 PM   #137  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi All!!! I am about to give you a good report on my day, and it feels SO GOOD!!!!! I am right on target with my WW points (exactly 22), I have drank at least 72 oz. of water (Julie -- Are you proud of me??? ), and I got in a lot of veggies and fiber!!

I am especially proud, because today I told my boys that they could pick where they wanted to go for lunch, and guess where they picked -- McDonalds!!!! My ABSOLUTE WORST TRIGGER IN THE UNIVERSE!!! The fries were calling me, but I just got a regular hamburger!! I only ate a few fries - they were not really that good, which is great for me!!!!

I have not exercised, though. But, I really want to get on the bike while I read for a bit. I have some big time cramps, and the exercise has not appealed to me. But, I am headed that way (Jennifer, I promise you I will!!).

Hope you all have a great night!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:16 PM   #138  

I knew I wasn't finished!!

Julie - Way to go on the weight loss!!! Aww....I was really wanting to use that tazer on you !! Only teasing chickie. You are doing a terrific job, and are a great inspiration to me!!!

Lucy - I hope you can go to the doctor tomorrow. I am sorry to hear you are feeling unwell!! I'm sure the DR. can shed some light on what is going on with you. And, BTW, don't listen to the Shad comment on your journal. You have no reason to think you may not be able to have children. I thought I couldn't have any, and I have 3, and my DH just had a vasectomy!!!! So, don't worry so much about that, just try to get to feeling better chickie

Jennifer - I knew you would get moving!!! I agree with Julie that our fearless leader can't be "funked" up Sorry, couldn't resist either!!!!! Aren't we just soooo funny????? Good luck tomorrow at the lunch. Try to drink a big ole glass of water before you eat. You'll do great, I know you will.

Steph - I know how you feel about the exercise. I dread it so badly, but when I make myself do it, I end up feeling a lot better. Like Jennifer said, maybe we could really stick together to help motivate one another! What do you think???

Mel - Good luck at the Dr.'s tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you!!!

Joy - So glad you are here!!!

Angel - I just celebrated my 10th anniversary in March!! Congratulations!! Hope your evening is awesome!!

Partytime - I am like you, and I like to add beans to things, especially my taco meat for my taco salads. I also add beans to soups. Your soup sounds good. Way to go!!

O.K. - gotta run. Laundry's piled up!!! GRRRRR!!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #139  
Onward and downward!

Hi chickies,

The rain is back today, but yesterday afternoon saw me mowing and pruning like a demon! Lately garden work has taken over instead of exercise tapes and weights, but it is still good activity. We had such a hot summer with hardly any rain, and now we are almost halfway through autumn and have had quite a lot of rain , so it's great to get out into nature!

Angel - Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed your evening out.

Partytime - Not too sure about the eye, but I love the violin playing smiley!

Mel - Congrats on sticking to your plan! Hope all goes well at the eye Dr .

Have a great day everyone,

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:18 PM   #140  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia-1
Hi chickies,

Lucia
Lucia, I love your name. I went to school with a Lucia and also worked with one during college and they were both very wonderful, unique people! Your quotes are so inspiring, too! Love them...keep them coming!
Old 04-07-2004, 02:52 AM   #141  
LucyKitty

Okay... enough is freakin' enough!! *Stomps feet angrily* My stupid TOM started around 4:30 this afternoon. Then it quit completely at 7, right before we left for the store, and now it's threatening to come back. AAAGH!! That's it.

I am half dead, but I did load up on awesome fruits & veggies at the store!! I even found some on-sale steak for dinner tomorrow night for only $1.50. Score.

It's almost midnight, though, and I'm still up. *growl* I don't enjoy that. I am dead tired, and still have to make a 4-mile each way drive in the pitch black (and I'm sure it's started to rain, because it was nice today, so tomorrow has to be cold and rainy?).

Ugh. Dinner was... interesting. Ended up being about 3/4 cup cooked pasta w/ pesto sauce, 1 raspberry nutrigrain bar, and a couple handfuls of toffee peanuts. At least it was decently healthy.

I feel better now. We avoided the ice cream aisle altogether (aren't you proud, Jennifer?!), and the -worst- thing I bought in the whole store is tied between the sugar free jello (5 boxes!) and the fat-free coffee creamer I got so I can drink coffee in the morning. *G* Seriously, unless you count 3 apples or a lb of grapes... that's my big crime. My hubby even looked at the Easter candy, came back, and said "I'll be nice." Awww what a sweetie. He knew I was having a crappy day, and he avoided the chocolate for me. I love that man.

Other than that, water is on target (4 bottles @ 16.9 oz each), and I have 2 quick tapes left to do. After that, I'm making a quick trip to the unit, coming home, curling up in bed, and snuggling with the kitties. What a freaking day.

Lisa - Thanks. *hug* I know... I probably still can, as long as it happens when I'm healthy and not on a ton of meds -- that's what did it the 2nd time. First was because of birth control, last was just not meant to be. I'm thinking that the most likely situation is either a - cyst, or b - tubal miscarriage. If it -is- a tubal miscarriage, I fit the symptoms perfectly, aside from massive internal bleeding, and it won't be the end of the world. I'll just hafta try harder to have kids in a few years, here. (Haha, my hubby & I were talking about this earlier -- if I had to have the surgery to get one of my ovaries removed -- and I whined because I wouldn't be able to work out for a long time! Oh no! I'm addicted!! ) But I'm sure it'll be okay. Thank you so much for your support, too. I totally appreciate it. I'm definitely calling tomorrow, and making an appointment.

Last edited by lameducklucy; 04-07-2004 at 02:56 AM.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:33 AM   #142  
Maggi

Good morning all you chickee dee's

Looks like ya'll are having a great week so far, I am so envious of lameducklucy, getting into her old size 11's, I wish and soon that day will be here for me too.

today is my weigh in day, and ANOTHER 2LBS I WILL NEVER HAVE TO GET TO KNOW AGAIN, is gone! Yes, I think I will let hubby by those expensive ear rings, he is getting on my last nerve! But it didn't throw me into eating! WE have men working around our house doing some stuff, and he is not supervising them, and they have taken off on several occasions and not returned. I think work should be progressing faster and he has his nose buried in his office, in his computer oblivious to the rest of the world. I was cranky yesterday, but had been mentioning my concerns since last week, he just ignored me, so I said some specifici concerns and asked him to get some questions answered, he started in! Pure guilt, I figure, he knows he has not been paying attention. I took off for a few hours, had to get my birds wings clipped (AFrican Gray) I only take her to one place an hour away. I made up my mind to be cool calm and collected, so I wouldn't lose it and go foraging for food to comfort me, but he started in, rationlizing, so I gunned him down with both barrels and walked off, and kept away from the kitchen, I know, I know, I am an evil woman!

So now I'm thinking about those ear rings, oh yeah, now he can buy them for me, and oh boy I hope he lets me pick them out, will he have a shocker! Living well is the best revenge!

You guys are doing so well, I did not do well on my water yesterday (only made 4 glasses of 8 oz), but I am good with my exercise routine and eating, so far so good on those. Today I should be home most of the day and I will do better on my water.

Keep it up all week and then lets survive the weekend.
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:45 AM   #143  
motomom

Default You crack me UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoliamouth
Good morning all you chickee dee's
today is my weigh in day, and ANOTHER 2LBS I WILL NEVER HAVE TO GET TO KNOW AGAIN, is gone! Yes, I think I will let hubby by those expensive ear rings, he is getting on my last nerve! But it didn't throw me into eating!
So now I'm thinking about those ear rings, oh yeah, now he can buy them for me, and oh boy I hope he lets me pick them out, will he have a shocker! Living well is the best revenge!

You guys are doing so well, I did not do well on my water yesterday (only made 4 glasses of 8 oz), but I am good with my exercise routine and eating, so far so good on those. Today I should be home most of the day and I will do better on my water.

Keep it up all week and then lets survive the weekend.
Hey you chickie! You are MY kinda gal! That's the spirit...let him have it with both barrels AND...let him buy you those earrings!!!!! MEN! We need to show them who is really boss! And may I say...way to go on not turning to food! You are awesome! You'll do better with the water...I got a good article from Truestar today about drinking water...maybe someone I sent it to will share it with all of us??!!!

You are doing awesome with your weight! 2 lbs! Way to go, chickie! YEA!

Have a great Hump Day!
Old 04-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #144  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Talking Happy Hump Day!!!

Morning, morning, morning!

It's Wednesday...we're nearly there, ladies. Another weekend is just 2 more days away...

Friday is Day 100 for me. 100 days of healthier living, increased exercise, better choices. 100 days. I'm almost giddy with anticipation. I've never been this good for this long. I know that this time, I am prepared to succeed. I've got the tools to do this, I have the support from hubby, I have great chickies here for support and inspiration, and my head is finally in the right place.

Last night, after I did the 1 mile WATP, and the 35 minute upper body work, I wrote a quick entry, and it felt so good to be moving! I had this burst of energy...so I went back & did more- I did the 2 mile WATP tape & then watched "24"

I really needed that. Thank you to everyone who prodded me to get out of my funk. I don't know where my head was. I know what works...I know what I need to do, and I just need to keep focused on the end result. I did the math before- to lose what I need to lose, it wil take 2 years (well, 93 weeks) the right way- the healthy way. I will do this! Every time I decide I don't need to work out, I delay my success. Every time I decide it's ok to throw away a weekend & eat like it's my last meal, I delay my success. Maintaining is not an option...over 12 years I added 100 pounds to my already overweight self by finding excuses to indulge, and being inactive. Time for a permanent change.

Ok, I'm all fired up today... LOL But it's a good thing!

Lucy: Chickie, take care of yourself- get to a doctor, and please, check in & let us know what's happening, or what we can do to help you.

Julie: Go chickie! DD is going to be so spoiled, with all that ourdoor time with mommy! Way to go. And....A big ole "Yahoo!!!!" on the loss- see, isn't it amazing how much better you feel & how the weight comes off when you're eating better? Amazing, right? Kick butt, woman!

Lisa: Way to go with the McD's temptation. I sure would have been face down in the french fries- that's my kryptonite...I swear, I get to goal, and that will be my one cheat item that I give myself. And then, I'll have to do 14 miles of WATP to work them off...lol

Magnolia- Excellent, chickie! 2 pounds gone! Great!! Aren't men like bigger versions of kids? What pains in the butt sometimes. Start thinking about those earrings...maybe something with a 1/4 carat, or 1/2 carat
gotta get those "veggies" in, you know.

Okay ladies- wish me luck at this luncheon...I'll report back in with what I ended up picking at. Breakfast this morning was a taco rollup- I figured that if I started the day with something hearty & filling, I'd be less tempted to eat bad stuff at the lunch (just found out it's buffet, too- might be easier to pick out the better choices) and then I can adjust exercise up, and dinner down, as needed.

Have a great Wednesday- reach for those goals- kick it up a notch- just for today. You can do it- I'm so proud of each & every one of us!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:27 AM   #145  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Almost a week into the challenge...

Is everyone weighing in weekly or how often? I am excited to see what my results will be tomorrow. I think I am doing really well, I don't feel deprived or like I am struggling at all. It feels so good to feel like I am in control of at least one area of my chaotic life. I am so mad at myself for letting things get so bad before I decided to make changes!!!! But it's a new day and I AM making changes and doing what I have to do!

Yesterday I ate great, exercised none(that's the hardest thing to get going with) and drank almost enough water, so I started early today. I have already exercised some and had one bottle of water so far! Still want to do more cardio and my weight training when daycare kid leaves!!

Magnoliamouth - Congrats on that weight loss and the attitude for keeping in gone!

lameducklucy - Sounds like you had a much better shopping trip than I did, I never skip the ice cream aisle, a girl's gotta get that dairy in somehow!

YAY Lisa girl for being in control!!

And a Big WTG to the rest of you for the success you are having so far( didn't take notes, can ya tell?)

I almost forgot the biggest TADA so far...MY MORNING BLOOD SUGAR WAS 113!!! I haven't seen it that low in at least 2 years! YAY me!! That's even better than any weight lost this week!!

Have a great day, Friends!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:49 AM   #146  
Legend in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameducklucy
Ok, change of plans.

I totally cannot handle no carbs. I started shaking, got really dizzy, and it's not cool. Oh, well. At least I tried. I'll be taking my stupid diet pills from now on, tho.
I agree, I don't think it healthy for the body to go with out carbs, but maybe if you could at least change the kind of carbs you eat.
like eat only whole wheat, whole grain, brown rice, and in small amounts.
these kinds of carbs are better for you and your body won't be turning it into sugar the way it does with white bread, white rice, white pasta, potatos, and
white flower. and its none of my buisness, but diet pills? is that good for you really?
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:25 PM   #147  

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a terrific day! I'm on target with both food and water!! I've drank 1/2 of my water!!! Yay!!!!

Just doing a bit of Spring Cleaning!!!

Julie sent me THE BEST article about drinking water!!! I will post it over here on the forums for you to see!! Julie - how do I do that??? This computer and I do not get along at all!! Julie is so sweet to me, even though I threaten her with the tazer even when she doesn't need it Thanks chick!

Jennifer - Glad to hear you are all fired up!! Hope your lunch goes well! Happy 100th day chickie!!! You are doing awesome and I am proud of you!

Maggi - You are doing great too. Way to give it to the DH!!! Ha! Ha!

Lucy - Girl, I hope you are feeling better today. I'm sending you good thoughts!!

Cindi - The news about your blood sugar is great!! Keep it up - you are doing a fantastic job. Hope you have a super day .

Last edited by lisa girl; 04-07-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:46 PM   #148  
LucyKitty

Maggi - Yeah, I fit into them... just barely. No guarantees that if I crouched down or sat or even bent sideways, the butt wouldn't rip open!! You'll get there, hon. I've been losing since 2001, when I gained it all. You'll get there -- it takes time!!

Jennifer - Got an appt. on Friday! Even talked to the finance dept. because I hath no insurance, and they were awesome about it. I feel WAY better now. Thanks so much for your support!! *hug*

Partytime - Yeah, no carbs is a bad idea. I scrapped that pretty quick. I don't really do a lot of sugar, or flour.... it's the pasta that gets me, and whole wheat pasta is mass expensive around here. Diet pills are no biggie -- I've been taking them for awhile. It mostly just gives me energy and whatnot... I know, risky, but they help.

Lisa - *hug* WTG!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!! I'm way better today. Hope your day goes as well as the morning has! Keep that water up, girlie!

Okay... yeah... I have to type the rest of the post now. *whine* My fingers are sore.

Food today:

B - coffee w/ fat free creamer (probably 4 cups...), 1 cup fresh cantaloupe, and after my workout, 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese.
L - Veggies w/ lunchmeat, and a side of fruit.
D - Steak (broiled) with a small side of pasta and a big salad.

I rule. Even without trying, I have a very low-carb day! SCORE!

Workout today:

10 min stepper w/ weights (and increased resistance!)
500 situps (600 next week, perhaps?)
Cleaning the house up a bit.

Plus add to that 5 hrs of typing vigorously, and that should add up to something for my poor fingers, right? I wish typing counted as a workout, haha!!

Other than that, I have a doctor's appt. on Friday at 10:30, with my REAL doctor (yeah, the one who actually LOOKS at me when something is wrong, and gives a crap if I'm alive?), wonderful doctor... ahh, it will be a relief to get that over with! My stupid TOM is screwing with my head, now. It's just stopping and starting at random times throughout the day. Wtf?! Seriously. That's just dumb. *looks at pelvis* STOP IT. I am so weird, hehe! But really... sick of that stuff already.

I am SUPER hyper from all my yummy coffee and the awesome cantaloupe for breakfast. Off I go to step up a storm, and maybe even do some impromtu step aerobics on phone books to burn off some of my energy! WOOHOO!!

My goal for the end of this week: Figure out something to do with my nasty, too long to spike, too short to put in pigtails, too randomly cut to do ANYTHING with, hair. Agh!

Keep it up, chickies!! You guys ROCK!!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:04 PM   #149  
Legend in my own mind

there was a time when I couldn't even find whole wheat pasta.
and then finally, the QFC started selling it but it wasn't in the pasta isle, it was over in the health food section, and it was darn expensive.
but now finally, and I have noticed this in just the last month, Safeway and Albertsons is selling the whole wheat pasta in the pasta section and its the same price as the regular stuff. Last night at Albertsons I bought a whole wheat Lasagna, a whole wheat spaghetti, a whole wheat curley noodle, and a whole wheat little flat noodle. Not only that, I am finding that more and more food markets are selling the whole wheat tortillas, in all kinds of sizes and some of them are spicy with garlic "my fav"
so keep checking your super markets, and maybe they too will be selling this stuff soon at low prices and more verities.
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #150  
Changing the things I can

Question Whole wheat pasta question:

When the label says 'whole wheat semolina' is that the same? That's what I started using a few years back when my grandmother did Sugarbusters.

I rarely eat pasta this time around, even whole wheat, because it's one of evereating triggers.... And, well.... garlic bread goes so well with pasta dishes...

And, I wish my store had the flavored WW tortillas. They are the bomb. That's the only 'bread' I've been eating.

Anyway, just really wondered about the whole wheat semolina thing...

Stef
scs_2much is offline   Reply With Quote