Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 07:31 AM   #46  
northernclipper

I have been watching my ww points to a "t" this week and I have walked each day 30minutes. I still have to work on upping my water intake. I hope this will all contribute to a loss at Thur morning weigh-in and that I can post a loss to our challenge.

Hotcupojava great for you to have points left, I haven't been able to do that yet. I think I'll add that to my challenge -To have some left over points at the end of my ww week.

One small step for women -One large step for womenkind

Last edited by northernclipper; 02-18-2004 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #47  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Morning, challenge chickies!

Donna, welcome! Good to have you aboard!

Clipper, I hear ya about that scale..seems it does move faster on the creep-up than on the drop off. If only it were easier to get the weight off than it is to get them on.

Julie, I know you're going to take control & choke the life outta those food demons & issues. Kick butt with the bide ride, though!

Cristin, I absolutely love 24...I have the first 2 seasons, and I swear, I could sit & just watch that over & over & over. Hey, maybe that's an idea...put together the exercise bike we bought, and watch marathons of that...LOL

It's been a hectic day so far. Busy morning, clients showing up unannounced, and then we're having 2 series' of meetings this morning about this year's compensation package for work. I've barely had a chance to be at my desk.

I am mostly through my first 24oz of water, despite running amock. This morning, I did the 1 mile WATP tape, with ab belt, and had breakfast here at the office.

Breakfast:
1 pineapple cottage double
2oz fat free swiss cheese
1/3 cup Smart Start
12oz diet coke

Lunch- packed & waiting
2 slices PF light oatmeal bread
2 slices provelone cheese
4oz tuna
2 tbsp fat free miracle whip

No idea about dinner yet..I'll see what sounds good when I get home. Also going to pick one of the other firming tapes to do tonight, or doing the 2 mile tape. Not sure which.

I'll be back later on. Hope everyone is feeling strong & in control of their goals. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #48  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Day two and all is well

I've almost got all my water in already (and it's not even noon). I exercised this morning. I did one mile of the two mile WATP w/ab belt. I waited until my boyfriend got up and we had breakfast (brunch) together. He made me a sandwich of lean ham and cheese with spicy deli mustard and low fat Pringles. I've got lots of house work to do. And then I lay down in the late afternoon for my midnight shift tonight. I made it through my two of my "week end" days. And I'm pleased with that. I've got Jennifer to thank. This challenge is going to be so good for me.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:54 PM   #49  

Default Day two and loving it!

Hi Chickypoo's,
Day one went well, I made it through dinner ok, its hard having to feed the family and me being on the diet. I don't want to cook separate meals for myself but the carb thing really gets in the way. I am trying! I need to do something at night to stop the munchies. I think keeping busy might help, sitting there wathing the tube make me want to eat. I had a skinny cow, and called it quites after that.
I am going to the pool tonight for water aerobics just me and the blue haired ladies hanging out in the pool. The worse part about all of it is the walk from the locker room, to the pool. Once I am covered up by the water I am ok with it . It is lots of fun and you feel great after your done! I can't wait.
I am going to buy a new scale today after work I think my 1978 model is ready for the junk yard.
I need to drink more water, I am finding it hard getting it all down, any advice?
Have a great day Chickies!
Mama Mia
Old 02-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #50  
"workin' on my fitness"

Wink midafternoon peek in

Afternoon!

Mary, I can't take all that credit. But I'll sure hold you accountable- I know that's when I perform best- when I know that there are other people watching what I do...it's odd- but I feel like I can't miss that morning exercise & sleep in, or have that big fat-filled dinner & dessert if I have to come here, write it down, and have it there for everyone to see. And how can I expect anyone else to avoid these pitfalls & work for their goals if I'm not doing it. Am I screwy, or what? LOL

Anyway, Mary, you are kicking butt! Way to go! You rock!

Mama Mia, the way I've been dealing with my water is to set goals (or bribes! ) to get myself to drink it. In the mornings, I tell myself I can't log on to 3FC until I've finished 24oz of water (1 big cup I have here at work). Then, I can't go to lunch until I finish the 2nd one. I fill it back up at lunch, drink from that, top it off after lunch, and then have to finish that "3rd" glass before I leave work. I have had a few days where I was chugging half a glass on my way out the door, then by the time I got home, I was doing the potty dance!

What kind of dinners are you preparing? Could you maybe make a salad for yourself in place of whatever higher-carb food you're serving the family, and make an extra veggie for your side? Just a thought...I know my triggers are the bad carbs, so I feel your pain, chickie.

Back to work for me- oh! I avoided an office lunch today! Woo Hoo! I'll be talking about that in my journal entry. Catch you all later!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:19 PM   #51  
Angie

Default Going Strong!

Good afternoon. Yesterday went really well. My calories were 1350, I did 45 minutes or aerobics and went to my Kung Fu class. My water intake is still too low though.

I read somewhere that you need to eat 9 fruits and vegtables a day. Does anyone get that many? Seems like an awful lot. I usually get like 6 or 7, leaning more towards the fruit. Not a huge veggie fan.

I'm going to my step class at noon today, and I've been slugging the water. It seems like I drink it all freaking day , but I never get the recommended amount.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #52  

Hello all!
Water I think is everyone's plight! Everytime I look at water of any kind, I take 5-6 drinks of my water. I always carry my water bottle and actually have several in my house in different places. Statistics show that you should have 0.67 oz of water per lb of body weight just to maintain hydration. I have to intake 109 oz everyday for that, but I tell you what...I feel much better, my body is more regular and I think it helps to curb my appetite. So, now that I am used to it, I am glad to be doing it. That was my "change one" solid thing to create a positive lifestyle change during the V-dy Challenge. This time, my change one is the exercise. It has to be 5x week, no exceptions. Hey- give me a year, and I should be doing ok!

My yesterday was good, only problem was I was starving last night! I don't know what my problem was...I had my snack about 8:30pm, yogurt cottage thing, and it seemed to do nothing! I was really frustrated. I had an extra snack about 11- which was still 2 hours before bed- of veggie chips and salsa. At least I didn't binge on stuff I really shouldn't have. I just like to be done eating for the night by 8-9p. Anyway...

B-banana w/PB, no snack, L-tuna on rye...thank you Jennifer!, S-nuts, D-alredo with chicken and broccoli, S-yogurt/cottage....THAT'S IT!!!

Hey, I was going to share with you...I found some special edition dark hershey's kisses at a closeout store here. Dark chocolate has less sugar and is better for you because of the antioxidants in it, I guess. Each kiss only has 1 g fat and 2.3 carbs. What a great way to curb a sugar craving and enjoy it at the same time!

I am going to the gym this afternoon to workout the arms and butt...my back is still sore from yesterday pilates....

Hope everyone is good and I will check in again tonight before bed. Cristin
Old 02-18-2004, 04:25 PM   #53  
Marathon Goddess

Hi Ladies!

I had my morning run, and I was slow today I think the week has worn me down, but I made it through, and tonight I go back with hubby for weights. Food has been good, except I had some brownie, Im hormonal this week, and having some sweet tooth issues, oh well, I can move on; got the craving over with before I did any major damage!
Also, about the water, Crystal light counts because theres no caffine or sugar in it, so you can use that towards your water quota, I love the pink lemonade. They suggest it at my WW meetings all the time. Maybe that will help some of y'all, I also put lemon slices in mine occasionally to give myself a change.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 04:52 PM   #54  
Angie

Mel -

To get to the thread, click on the 'message board' button on the tool bar from the main page. Go all the way down to 'miscellaneous clubs' and from there you will find the 'Spring Fling Challenge' link. To post a message with all of the cute little characters and not just reply, click on the 'Post Reply' button under the last post rather than using the 'Quick Reply' window below it. How that helps, let me know if you need clarification.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:44 PM   #55  
VelmaKelly

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to say thanks to Jennifer for spearheading this challenge! I like the regular 3FC but find that something personalized and specific like this works much better for me in accomplishing goals. I already feel like I have a different outlook since joining, hence the Pointer Sister quote

Cristin-I'm happy to hear that the diet plan "hybrid" can be effective! I will follow your progress too. Which plans are you combining? I think I have a large frame so maybe 125 might be on the low end. I'm not really into the waif-look but just a healthy, athletic body.

MamaMia-Regarding getting the water down, I agree with HappyTX I use a tiny bit of Crystal Light Lemonade with a fresh lemon twist and it goes down nicely.

If any one is on a low carb plan, and would like to leave tips on good snacks and food products, I'll take 'em. I have a few of my favorites too:

For chips: Trader Joe's Soy and Flax Tortilla Chips (does have 8 gms carbs per serving but they are delicious!) Even my hubby and daughter gobble them up.

For a nice cheese snack: Laughing Cow Light Swiss (35 calories, 2 gm fat,1 carb per serving)

For the occasional chocolate treat: Lowcarbchocolates.com (these are incredible but a little on the expensive side)

For club soda or coffee: Torani Sugar-Free Syrup (comes in every flavor imaginable and sweetened with Splenda. No carbs, fat, or calories per serving)

I'm sure some of you are already familiar with some of these products but maybe someone out there may want to check out. So, anyway not to sound like a dummy but what is this workout "WATP"? Please enlighten me. I'm also now curious about "24" being somewhat of a reality show junkie.

"Life's too good to sit on the sidelines." (or something like that )

Last edited by VelmaKelly; 02-18-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:06 PM   #56  
LucyKitty

Well today has been MOSTLY good. I haven't done my water, yet, though... I'm on the first bottle of FOUR that I need to drink. UGH. I want orange juice instead, but I know that I NEED that darn water!

Happytx - thanks for reminding me about Cyrstal Light! AND they make it with Splenda now, so it tastes WAY better. The kiwi-strawberry tastes JUST like snapple. YUM.

I did pretty good today on foods... kind of weird schedule but it's ok.

B - tuna melt
S- granola bar
L - leftover meaty spaghetti from dinner last night
D - macaroni, salad & pears
Snack sometime in the early morning hours? PICKLES.

PICKLES are saving my life, you guys. I eat them all the time. They have 0 calories, 0 carbs and 0 fat. Just yummy, wonderful, crunchy and HEALTHY. If it weren't for pickles, I would die. =)

I did 110 situps today, like I said I would. And 15 minutes on the bike. AND I rearranged the bedroom, so that has to count as exercise, right?

And the best part of my day, guys?

I AM WEARING SIZE 12 JEANS. *does a dance* Yay. *G* I even lost a pound.

Do keep in mind these jeans are horribly tight and uncomfortable... but that does remind me not to eat junk. *G*
Old 02-18-2004, 08:34 PM   #57  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Happy Hump Day

I have not posted to my journal yet, but will do that before I go to bed tonight! I promised I would start with answering some questions which are pertinent to my weight loss! But for now, some good news:

I weighed myself today and found that the scale was down 3# from what I posted yesterday (which was a guess), so I am at 178.5 (which was better than I expected, but not as good as I had planned a month ago!) Life goes on and I will just accept that which I cannot change!!

No exercise this morning--to tired after yesterday's fund raiser, but will be back on it tomorrow morning! Unlike Jennifer, I don't like being accountable to others for what I do, but am going to try to journal my food eaten every day in the hopes that it will motivate me to stay more on target with food! How's that for a theory!? So, anyway...here goes:

AM: 16 oz. SF Skinny Rasp./Vanilla Latte (at $4.25 a pop, that won't happen very often--yikes! )
1 small banana

Lunch: chicken salad with celery & raisins and a little lite Miracle Whip, 1+ cup cooked veggies, 1 cup pineapple, 2/3 cup lowfat cottage cheese

Snack: Darn if those brownies didn't appear again today!! (ate about 1 small, then had a bite of a frosted sugar cookie...stopped at that!)

Supper: George Foreman'd hamburger (very lean), salad with lowfat dressing and some parmesan cheese, 1 cup skim milk

Water: I try to drink 16 oz. before I leave for work, then fill a 32 oz. glass several times during the day, so getting in enough is not a problem. Drinking a glass of the cold stuff right now! I'm kind of spoiled both at work and home with the water. We have an ice machine at work and these great styrofoam cups (32 oz.) and at home we have an icemaker and icecold water! I've learned to like to drink water and don't usually (sometimes coffee or tea in AM) drink anything else until I get it all in! Usually by supper, I drink some milk! Haven't drank much pop since Jan 5. Don't really feel I need it and I'd usually rather have water!

OK, so I am trying to stick to my goals, although they seem out of reach at this time, especially the "no sugar" one which needs to be met by next Tuesday! How do you all do it??? I feel so weak!

I'm off to do my first "question/answer post"! I appreciate all of your honesty, excitement, and motivational words! Happy Day!

Julie
Old 02-18-2004, 09:14 PM   #58  

Hello again to all!

Julie...yeah for you in your 3#loss!!! Be happy with that and know that you can at least do that again, but will do better, right? Do or do not....there is no try!!! Now, that being said, you should not look at it with "try" in the picture, because that gives you a way out. Decide what is going to be solid and what you will allow yourself to waiver with. Then, in the end you will have something to pat yourself on the back for, even if all else fails. Do you know what I mean? A lot of what we can accomplish is in the positive programming we give ourselves...if you eliminate try and just tell yourself you are going to do it, then your brain believes and has no choice but to follow! (it sounds good if nothing else.... )

I am in a sour mood tonight. I think it is a combo of headache, sore muscles, no freetime today except the few mintes I have been here, and I WANT CARROT CAKE!! I haven't seen the scale move in over a week and I am starting to understand the frustration others talk about on the journals. I knew it was going to happen, so I don't know why I am being so frustrated. You can't lose 13 lbs in a short amount of time and then think that you can continue like that! I think everyone plateaus. I guess right now I need to just be happy I am not gaining, right? When nothing is happening...I just want sweets. I will get over it!

Food today has been fine. I will not have my nightime snack as I ate more at dinner than I had planned. I have 20oz to go tonight, no prob-bob. I went to the gym this afternoon and did 10 minutes cardio to warm up, worked the legs-hard and did the arm gravitron....2 days in a row...yeah for me!

Time to play UNO with the kids before bed. Thanks for all the great words today friends! See you all tomorrow! C-

Last edited by jillmommyc; 02-18-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #59  
"workin' on my fitness"

Wink Nitey Nite!

Just popping in to say goodnight to everyone here, and call it a night.

I just finished my journal entry for tonight, following a sucker punch by Leslie Sansone. Ok, well, it wasn't her fault, it was mine. Thought I was farther along than I really am, and had a shock to the ego, and belly fat. Bleah. Does pouting, moping, and sighing count as ab work? The positives: I did the warmup on each tape, so that was nearly a mile, combined, and I did the entire lower body tape (modifying the donkey kick because of this damned belly fat hanging down when I'm on hands & knees.)

I'm going to dust my ego off, and put that tape away for at least the next 6 months, and stop beating myself up for what I couldn't do, and instead celebrate what I can do now, that I couldn't do 6 weeks ago.

Good night everyone- sleep well and see you back here on Day 4!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:46 AM   #60  
LucyKitty

Well... I didn't do such a good job today after all. Well... maybe. I did go on a long walk with the husband after dinner, but I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat any salad or pear with dinner. Just macaroni...
I also had a root beer (I needed chocolate, and it filled that void!) and then, while we watched a movie, I had about 10 sugar cubes because I felt sick. (My blood sugar fluxuates rather often from anemia and a disorder I have... doc told me to eat sugar cubes). I was only in NEED of 3 of the things... but I had 10 instead because they were good. The good part? I did extra exercise today so I don't feel bad about the sugar cubes.

And now? I'm freakin starving. So what am I going to get? THE PICKLES!!!

I swear, I should just buy a crate of pickles and save myself the time...
Closed Thread