"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Lunchtime peek in, while I eat...

Today's lunch:
4oz tuna w 2tsp fat free miracle whip
2 slices light oatmeal bread, toasted
6 no sugar added sweet gherkins
24oz water

Happy Birthday, Mama to Mama Mia! And many more! Mama Mia- one bad meal isn't going to make or break your new lifestyle (not a diet..lol) so enjoy your cake, and your mom, and have a blast tonight.

Angie, glad you enjoyed yourself- Olive Garden...man, of course I now want breadsticks in the worst way. That, and pasta e fagioli soup....instead I will close my eyes & pretend my open face sammitches are gourmet fare & not miss the breadsticks.

(But just you wait, breadsticks...the day will come that I can have you in moderation, and so help me, you WILL be mine...bwahahaha) All right- these pickles make me nutty, what can I say?? Or maybe it's still the blood pumping from the exercise...whatever it is, somebody stop me! LOL

Another insane observation...that banana- is doing the same exercise as the 2 mile WATP tape towards the end..around the 20 minute mark, if only he'd lift his banana feet up! Well, that- and he's on crack, at the speed he's doing them. (Am I doing the WATP tape too much??? Do ya think???)

They say good moods & laughter are infectious...I think I've come down with a raging case of good humor. Not the ice cream, the actual good mood. The bluebird of happiness must be pooping on someone else's shoulder today!

Enough of my nuttiness for now...gotta refill my water glass, write my journal entry, and then back to the chain gang here at work. Catch you later!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #152  
VelmaKelly

Default A bittersweet melody...

Hi Gals,
Well, the good news is that I lost 4 lbs. in one week - thanks in part to you all!!! The not-so-good news is that this will be my last post since I'm dealing with some family issues now I don't think I'll be able to keep up w/ the entries and even if so, I'll be so out of the loop that it's probably not worth it.

But a big thank you to Jennifer, and to everyone else. I'm on my way to becoming healthier and slimmer and if it weren't for this site I'd probably still be "starting tomorrow".

You're a wonderful group of ladies and I know you'll all kick butt on this challenge!!

Cheers and the best of luck to all.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:22 PM   #153  
"workin' on my fitness"

(((Velma)))

First off, way to go with the 4 pounds! I knew it! Just a little fine tuning & tweaking, and look at that!

We definitely understand that sometimes life has a way of sidestepping all our plans...even if you can't come daily, peek in when time allows and let us know how things are going for you. We'll all be wishing for your success.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:31 PM   #154  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Default OMG, I didn't know how many smilies there were! :doh:

Well, I haven't checked in here since the beginning of the challenge (and I haven't read through all posts - there's so many!), so here goes:

I was up about 4 lbs during last week (TOM), and now I'm back down to where I've been for a few weeks now. I'm alright as far as eating, but the exercise has fallen off. Adding in weightlifting had the unexpected side-effect of reducing my treadmill time . I'll have to correct that. Also, picking up some books at the library seems to have reduced my exercise time as well . Note to self: read while walking on the treadmill.

So, I'm 0/10 for the spring challenge - it'll be tough to make it, since I haven't lost 10lbs in a month for several months, but I'll still shoot for it.

Last edited by 2sw33t; 02-26-2004 at 01:37 PM. Reason: used wrong thing for smily
Old 02-26-2004, 03:30 PM   #155  
LucyKitty

Thanks, you guys. I'll post a link to my site as soon as I get it up and running. The person who is going to be photographing me contacted me this morning and we're basically getting ready to start! She's always looking for more alt-models (goths, weirdos, and just people who don't look 'the norm') if you're in WA! I'm going to be doing fashion, as well, it appears! Woohoo!!

In other news, today I will do my workout, I will! In about 10 minutes!!
I will drink more than my daily water needs.

B - soup (leftover)
L - chicken pesto (this is actually dinner for me because i wake up so late)
D - probably more leftover soup

You guys are so awesome! I am so proud to be part of this group!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #156  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I wore the pants today...

... and they looked pretty darned good! I want to go shopping but am holding off until I can at least "squeeze" into a 14!! I am so excitied!

I have been having some issues with hunger during the day and I got a whole bunch of support with that from the journals. I brought a bunch of stuff with me to work today and although it did help the hunger during the morning (right before lunch) and this afternoon around 3, I still fought with the sugar craving! Am I ever going to win that battle???

Anyway, my favorite snack these days is cheese (I guess it always has been) but what I really like is a rice cake, smeared in 1/2 to 1 oz. of cream cheese (sometimes lowfat, but regular is ok with me) and topped with 1T. All Fruit (black Raspberry, is there any other flavor?). So I brought the stuff with me to work and had it twice for snacks today. Don't know if that is a good idea or not, but it did help between meals.

For b-fast had a low carb spinach tortilla w/ 1 oz. cheese melted in it (ate it like a burrito on the fly...very good!)
Snack...as mentioned above
Lunch...leftover fish w/ some lite Miracle Whip & veggies from the other night as well as some fruit and lime jello (it wasn't sugar free this time, but usually is)
Snack...same as above
Supper...Taco salad with very little meat, some shredded cheese. a few (maybe 6) chips, lots of lettuce & low cal French dressing...it was ok.

Then tonight while I watched my Thursday nite TV lineup (Survivor & then Extreme Makeover) I had some popcorn (one serving) and some peanuts (1 oz.) I am not counting calories these days. Just trying to focus on what feels good and pretty much know what healthy is. I hope the scales will show it too, but I refuse to be a slave to the scale.

Water: More than 64 oz. today, probably much closer to 80 oz.

Exercise: 25 minutes on the bike tonight (hit a new high cardio rate! YEA)
Free weights/strengthening/stretching

So I am feeling pretty good tonight, except that I am having some regrets for eating the popcorn. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!

More on another post!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:16 PM   #157  
motomom

Default Where is Cristin?

I am missing my daily dose of Cristin. Where o where could she be?

VelmaKelly, we will miss you! I am sorry that life is getting in the way of you being with us, but that is, well...life. We are here for ya if you need us chickie...and way to go on the 4 lbs.

Babs--you didn't do too badly on the Olive Garden birthday bash! We are going there Sat. night (me & DH). I will not have pasta...I will not have pasta...I will not have pasta...that will be my mantra as I walk through those doors! LOL! but seriously, I do love their salad and will try to fill up on that and enjoy the company of hubby (who told me tonight how proud he was of me! He did! He is trying to lose too but is not being as successful.)

Mama Mia-Tell Momma Happy Birthday from one of the chickies! Thanks for the "head's up" on the knee. I know they are not to be reckoned with which is why I need to get into the Dr. You are doing great, girl!

Ms. Jennifer! Don't be goin and gettin jealous of my workouts! You rock, sistah with the workouts! You are the one that inspires me! I am going to try the WATP 2 mile tomorrow AM. We'll see how it goes! I'm sure I will just love listening to Leslie (perky little self that she is!) first thing in AM. I'm still working on your package, but you will get it soon! Sorry for the delay!

Girls, I am sloshing with the water (and the Diet Rite I had with the popcorn) so have to go. I will check back in the morning with all of you!

You all rock, girls! Keep me movin! Keep yourselves moving...the weekend is coming! Keep on track! I think all of us are doing very well!

Julie
Old 02-27-2004, 02:16 AM   #158  
LucyKitty

I had a really good day today, up until I called my mom. If I don't call her every couple days, she gets mad at me for 'ignoring' her. And if I call her, all she does is, well... ***** at me.

So I sucked it up, called her today, and told her the awesome news that I get to do something I've always wanted to. And her response to my happiness? "Oh. That's... stupid. Why the **** are you wasting your time modeling?"

No respect for my dreams. No cares that I am happy when I express myself, and general disgust that I would become a model -- and an ALT model at that!

So I made the convo short & sweet, told my husband, who looked at me and said "I don't know why she would say that, Jess," and gave me a big hug. We proceeded to go on a walk (MAN did I need that air!) and he told me that he was really proud of me for doing things that I wanted, and not what other people told me to do.

I thought about it, and no matter how much I agree with him, man, it still hurts. She's my mom, and she should support me in doing things that make me happy, dammit. It's not like I'm doing anything nude -- I never would because it's just not ME. I'll wear goofy costumes and maybe even vinyl (MAYBE. When I'm a stick...), but I wouldn't do anything sexual in nature or that showed what I felt to be too much skin, or made me uncomfortable.

If I had done what other people had told me all my life, I wouldn't be who I am today -- a strong, independant, loving, caring, intelligent, dedicated woman who knows what she wants to do and DOES it. I am proud of my life, and I refuse to apologize or feel guilty for anything I've done or experienced, because it is MY life, and I am the one who has to live it.

Sorry, I'm ranting. But what the ****, ya know?!

Simply because I have curves, and I am slightly overweight, is NOT going to stop me from doing what will make ME happy for once! I am an artist, and I will express myself. I will still lose the weight that I want to lose, and I will be as beautiful then as I am right now, because I am ME.

I think I'm confused... how should I be taking that kind of criticism? From my own mother?
Old 02-27-2004, 07:42 AM   #159  
motomom

Default Mothers

(((((Lameducky)))))) I feel your pain! Sometimes in life we have to "disconnect" from those we love the most because they are not healthy for us. I have not had a healthy relationship with my mother most of my life and recently I decided to do something about it. It doesn't pay for me to talk to her because she is an old stubborn Irish (RN, at that) woman! So, I have just put some space between us. No more guilt. No more arguing or defending with her about my life, my family (DD &DH) or my sibilings! I have just chosen not to go there. It's what I need to do to be healthy. For some, this is not an easy thing to do and oooooh, the guilt as I first started this journey. But no more!

I feel sad that your Mom treats you this way. Try telling her that she hurts you and see how she responds. If she doesn't get it, then don't share with her the things that are most important. If she does respond in a positive way, then you know that you need to continue to be honest with her. It sounds so simple on paper doesn't it? But years of having so many negative feelings are hard to just purge overnight! It will be a process for you, but you deserve to be good to yourself!

Big hugs to you and you have a great Friday!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #160  

Hello Chickies and T.G.I.F.,
Babsangie - you know, you were right about celebrating with family. For as long as I can remember I have been on a diet and I am still not skinny. How many birthdays have I passed on the cake, or how many dinners have I passed on because I was on a diet? I deprive myself of these occasions, but yet I still not thin. Well I took your advice yesterday about the birthday celebration. I enjoyed myself and what a spectacular time we had for Momma's birthday last night. We went to Bucca di Beppo, excellent Italian food and what a great time we had, all the family showed up. I did ok with the food intake (I only had a 1/2 cup of pasta, 1/2 meatball, 1/2 chicken parmisan piece and 1/2 slice garlic bread, and lets not forget my small slice of cake), but we went thru 2 bottles of Chianti! When we drink vino, hands start flying when we talk and we get loud, real loud, its a typical family get together! We had a good time and Momma was happy! We laughed so much I still chuckle when I think about it.
So today I am back to reality, back on track, and back to work! No hang over from the vino last night but I am glad its Friday! Tomorrow I am stuck in the kitchen, 13 friends are coming over for dinner and cards. I will make them a nice healthy meal and we will have a good time. My biggest downfall is that I love to cook and have dinner parties, I love to entertain. I should have been Martha Stewart.
Lameducklucy - Sorry to hear that your so upset over what your Mom had to say to you. As long as you are happy and what you are doing is respectable. Go for it girl, believe in yourself! Life is too short to spend it being worried what other people think.
Girls lets try to have a great day today and lets all have a good weekend and exercise. I think I will go outside for a walk this weekend. Sounds like were gonna have a heat wave here in Michigan. Wo, Wo!

Last edited by Mama Mia; 02-27-2004 at 11:54 AM. Reason: clairifiacation
Old 02-27-2004, 12:08 PM   #161  
"workin' on my fitness"

Thumbs down Sneak Peek....rushing in & out....

Hey! Who sent the cold weather to Florida? The temperature has dropped 10 degrees since this morning...what's up with that???

Only 1 major crisis to deal with today...but of course, there's now 2 missing overnight packages that I handled myself...I think it's a cop out, but of course, I can't be sure. Arrrgh- last thing I need is to be re-doing work...I need to clear stuff out, not touch things 20 times.

Ok, rant over. LOL- still feeling good today.

1 mi WATP this morning

Breakfast today:
1 low carb, whole wheat bagel (estimating high at 27g carbs, just in case)
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double
less than 1/2 tsp butter

Lunch:
3/4 cup meat sauce (hubby cooked!)
3/4 cup ditalini

It's Friday....yaaaay- you have no idea how long I have waited for today! LOL. When I get home, I will probably check my class lessons- I absolutely have to finish 1 lesson in each class this weekend. I'll do one tonight, between laundry & everything else, and since my new yoga ball/strap/mat/blocks thingie came & it has a tape, I think I'll try that tonight & see how much of it I can do. It's 52 minutes, but who knows how much will really be doable.

More later on...I'll post something later, but I wanted to again let you know how proud I am of all of you- you're working so hard, and doing the right thing...you're all such wonderful women & I'm glad I've met each one of you! Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, and let the weekend begin!
Old 02-27-2004, 03:21 PM   #162  
LucyKitty

Thanks guys. =)

Hikein: haha! My family's Irish, too. She's not usually like this, though, and for the most part we're best friends. They're in the middle of moving, and she's acting a little crazy towards everyone in my family. UGH. I've decided that if she wants to talk to me, though, then she can call me. I have too much other crap to do instead of listen to her whine at me. =) Thanks!
MamaMia: Absolutely. =) Thank you! Everything is tasteful - absolutely NOTHING that I feel is even borderline too-racy. =) PLUS my husband will be present at all times!

Other than that, no workout today, posisbly. My knee is driving me nuts! We did half a walk last night, it was so sore. I'm going to keep it active today, though, and get those chores done even if I don't work out. And I'm going to try to add maybe 10 min to each weekend morning, on the bike, just to get myself moving for the day. I've noticed that even if I do just 5 minutes, I feel awesome the whole day long.

So today's meal plan?

B - leftover pesto from last night
L - Leftover soup from Weds.
D - up in the air... gotta go shopping tonight, so it might end up being *sigh* fast food. UGH. I'm going to try to convince the hubby to get subs, instead, so we can have a healthy dinner!

Keep up the good work, everybody!
Old 02-27-2004, 05:20 PM   #163  
LucyKitty

Okay. I lied.

I worked out, after all. I did about 20 min on the bike, 200 situps and 4 min on the stairstepper with weights.

Turns out, all my knee needed was a little loosening up! And, also, for me to not SIT on it all day today (duh). No wonder it was sore!!

HAPPY FRIDAY GIRLS!!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #164  
motomom

Default Friday Nite

A quick check in ! Today sucked (well the part after lunch, anyway!) I ate, ate, ate all day (not what Ihad planned, either!). Went for a drink after work with a friend. One drink turned into two. Came home...ate really fattening Stouffers Veggie Lasagne! YUM! Thank God for tomorrows!!!

I am going to plan my meal out first thing in AM! We are going to Olive Garden (what was my mantra again???) and then to see The Passion if we can get tickets! I hear the theatres are selling out! If we don't see that, we will see something else. DD is going to the church for "Kids night Out" tomorrow night so we have lots of time to ourselves! Yipee! Looking forward to just hangin' with my hubby!

OH yea...no exercise today unless you count the 10 or 12 times I walked between facilities. I should really get a pedometer because our facility is a block long, set up in a U shape!! I guess it was my day off today! Oh well.

Plan for tomorrow: Back on plan! Back to attack this monster inside of me! Go away, monster! There! I shoed him!

Glad everyone is having a great day. Hope the weekend is ok with everyone.

As always,

Julie
Old 02-28-2004, 02:24 PM   #165  
northernclipper

Default pedometer challenge

Hello everyone

I just got in from my second walk today, the sun is shining and the snow is melting so, I got moving. I hear southern Ontario wil be warm for 2 more days and I plan on taking advantage of all the walking weather we will get.

hikein2005 I use a pedometer every day I work and I challenge myself to put more steps on each day. I find I can do it with no problem and I think it helps burn the weight and inches. When I started wearing it last year I walked 15000 steps a day at work now I walk an average of 35500, this is not counting my nightly walks. The second challenge is to walk the steps faster. I hope you get one and challenge yourself daily.

jennifer I think we all look forward to the weekends, even if we have to work harder to stay on track. It's nice to spend a couple of days just looking after ourselves and doing things to our own timetable. Your weather would have to get alot colder to match ours in Southern Ontario, put on a sweater and keep up the great work.

lameducklucy Happy to hear about your knee. Keep doing the great workouts they'll help with your knee and keep you op.

mama mia Glad to hear you had a great time at the party. We work so hard at diet and excerise we some times forget to live alittle. Family get togethers should always be enjoyed and not worried about, you can get on track the next day.

b- decaf coffee- 2 slices ww raisin breads-yogurt
l - 2 small pieces of pizza- water
d- salad- slice of chicken- ww vegie soup

Last edited by northernclipper; 02-28-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Closed Thread