Old 09-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 264/203/160

Height: 5'8

KStrong Thank you for the praise! You nipped what I was saying in the bud by saying portion control. I could have just said that. I am learning from your experiences so when I get get to your weight I may have to do the same things like watching the carbs. I think your plan of calories up and carbs down is a good one. My mom is losing weight too and she swears by Keto. It's funny both of us started weight at about the same time last year. She is a bit taller at 5'9 but used to be an XL. Now she is in medium. In fact, she has given me a TON of her old clothes. Seriously like two kitchen trash bags full of XL and Large clothes. Luckily I don't hate her style so I didn't have to donate much to Goodwill. LOL

ReeShiv Welcome and good luck! Checking in frequently here and recording my calories and what I eat daily has helped me tremendously!

I weighed in at 201.4 this morning! It's almost too good to be true! I am sticking with my plan...keep my calories under 1900 and work on activity. Today is my day off from work and I have been tacking yard work...hedge clipping, using loppers, pulling weeds, etc...it really is great exercise. Earlier in the year when I joined this thread I made a goal by December 31st to be 199. It's sooooo close now.

​​​​​​​
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #122  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - Way to go on the lovely scale numbers! Looks like you are going to hit that 199 way ahead of schedule. You may be able to eat whatever you want in moderation and still get to your final goals. Patience with any diet plan is the key and you are doing so well with that.
Yard work is fantastic exercise and you also get that feeling of accomplishment when you see all of your hard work.
That is great that you can use your mother's clothing as you make the descent into lower sizes.

I
've been good this week and the water weight is inching its way back off. I have not been as strict as I was over the summer so I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I'm still up about 3 pounds from my lowest.
KStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:32 AM   #123  

KStrong Thanks as always for all your virtual support! I know you are right, I will be 199 before I know it. I guess when I made this goal for the year I wasn't trying to make too big of a goal if that makes sense? If I said 180 and didn't make it would be disappointing. Why not make a goal that is do-able? You said exactly what I plan to do...keep eating within my calorie range and keep losing slowly but surely.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #124  
Meanderer

You are very welcome L&L's Mom! And oh so wise!
I have always over extended my goals (especially when I was heavier) and then I'd be full of regret. I have a feeling I'll be doing this thread again next year just trying to get to that "healthy weight". It isn't that far away so not so lofty, but just maintaining is hard for me now. I should probably just make my goal: Don't gain more than 10 pounds this year or something that is hard but still possible.

I've managed to get through the week without coffee or any caffeine other than the morning black iced tea. I miss it for various reasons, but I haven't really suffered with the side effects that most have. I quit buying OTC pain meds and ran out awhile ago so if I've had any headaches they've been minimal or went away quickly. I'm now two pounds away from my lowest weight.

Last edited by KStrong; 09-11-2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:37 PM   #125  

KStrong I wish I was wise! I guess so many attempts over the years to lose must have taught me something. LOL Congrats on the no caffeine! It sounds like for you it's mostly just a habit and you aren't withdrawing like others do when they stop coffee. Two pounds away from your lowest weight? That's awesome!

My weight ticked up today but just because we went to Olive Garden yesterday for my dad's 80th birthday. My mom had me, my sister, the husbands and "kids" all meet there for his "party." He didn't want a big party but he was OK with this. Get us all together and enjoy his day with him. I still kept my calories in control but I am sure the uptick is the sodium and water weight.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #126  
Meanderer

Thanks L&L's Mom! I'm sure you'll have that water weight off in no time and I'm also sure it was worth it to celebrate your father's milestone. Good for you keeping the calories in control. Would you believe I have never eaten there, but I've always wanted to try it.

I've been bouncing up a little this week for some reason. I did make some almond flour recipes but kept my portion control, calories and carbs all good so I'm assuming it is just some weird water gains. I'm still trying to keep my calories up while keeping my carbs down. My average daily calorie intake for the month is now 1513. Although I have an ongoing short term goal, I'm not ready to eat any stricter. Yet.

I don't think I ever stated any future short term goals so I'll do that today. I was hoping to see the 150's by Thanksgiving. That is only 5-6 pounds away, but another one of those NEW areas of poundage that I haven't seen since my early teens that continues to elude me even during my Summer of Strictness. At this point, just seeing ANY new numbers below my low of 163.4 would be lovely.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #127  

KStrong You've never been to the OG? What?? We go there just once in a while like a birthday for someone. It's good as in even vegetarians and vegans can eat there with plenty of breadsticks and salad that is unlimited with the pasta. The meat eaters have tons of choices. I saw a cute video that was shared years ago about Post Malone taking Jimmy Fallon to OG since he had never been before. It's a cute video!

When you said the 150's it made me think. When I graduated HS I was 180 and felt huge of course. Once in my 20's I was 225 and got to 175 and felt I wanted to lose more then but of course stopped dieting and never have seen that weight again. This truly is the lowest I've been in basically 30 years. 30 years!! That's a lot to wrap my brain around. I vaguely remember being 160 as a 16 year old and felt I looked cute then. I think there will dancing in the streets if I ever see that again. LOL
Old 09-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #128  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - I know we have discussed how many similarities we have and our teens and 20's were very similar on the scale front.
I watched half of the video, but had to stop it because those bread sticks looked so good and my cravings right now are insane. I was afraid of what would come out next. I didn't know that about the wine, but maybe I heard about the bread and salad. I'd be so full after all that that I would probably not even want an entree and have to take it to go. LOL I remember back in my salad bar days just making that a meal. A restaurant chain that is no longer in business used to have the best home made "croutons". I doubt the salad was very healthy after I loaded up on those.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:09 AM   #129  

KStrong Oh no, sorry about the bread cravings! Ironically they are vegan. They use oil instead of butter so my daughter who is the truly strict vegan (vs me the the 30 year vegetarian and new vegan thanks to her ) can eat there. If someone says where do you want to eat she will say there knowing the bread is vegan, the salad is basic...Lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives and peppers. It's "free salad and breadsticks" with a meal. You pay like 10.00 for spaghetti for example but you don't feel ripped off because of all the bread and salad. LOL I didn't know about the wine either. They definitely never mention that. Maybe they were playing it up for the advertising it was giving them. Don't get me started on salad bars! I definitely used to LOVE them. People can really fool themselves on it's "just a salad" and load up on blue cheese, shredded cheese, on and on....

I am basically back to my pre Olive Garden weight. Since then I have eaten some things I don't normally eat and trying new ways to make it etc...I know it was adding sodium and water weight. I was up to 203 and now am 201.6.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #130  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - for being back to your pre-celebration weight! I usually have the water gain also when I try to get creative. Almond flour always does that to me so I treat it like a "treat" if I make anything that includes it. Have a great weekend!

I'm 9/10ths of a pound from my low in July.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #131  

KStrong Thank you!! You are 9/10's of a pound away from your low in July? How has your exercise been? I am finally feeling like going on my walks again since it's not so hot as it was.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:41 AM   #132  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - My exercise hasn't been great. I've still been getting my minimum steps daily and my regular lifting, but I haven't gotten outside much due to the heat mostly. We are still in the 90's and humid here, but a cold front is coming through mid week that will hopefully get me motivated. Enjoy your cooler temps!

I'm now less than half a pound from my low in July and finally hit my low from August today. I'm doing some tweaking and hope to see some new numbers this week.

Have a great week!

Last edited by KStrong; 09-19-2021 at 08:46 AM.