Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 07:11 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Merry Christmas Eve!
I am happy to report I am now at just over 71 pounds down! I am also so happy I don't have to work today!! I plan to get a lot done around the house like cooking and cleaning. Being busy and active will help with any extra calories tomorrow.
flower1 Thanks so much! It does feel great. I still can't believe it sometimes to not see a 2 as the first number in my weight. I know eventually when I get to my goal I will have to be like you and maintain it. I know that is the real battle. Anyone can lose and gain as I have done a few times over the years, but keeping it off is a mindset we have to be in to achieve it. You have done great to to lose 2 pounds this month at your already low weight. When you mentioned getting in more exercise, I thought of my daughter. She does a lot of exercise at home. She uses youtube videos she exercises with and lifts weights, etc...It can be done at home if necessary.
KStrong Don't hide the scale too long! I hope you have a drop soon with the water weight.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #212  
Meanderer

Happy Holidays and Merry Merry!

Flower - Congrats on losing 2 pounds in December! That is fantastic and so hard to do during the holidays. I'm with you on the exercise. I've kept up my lifting (I own the weights and have a resistance band also), but I've neglected my longer walks. I've been getting in my steps, but I've been avoiding the outdoors for the usual excuses. Either it is too cold and windy or too hot! We've broken some heat records and have been more humid than normal and it seems to go to one extreme then another. I can't believe I'm using the AC in December!

I used to love getting out in the super cold, but either I'm getting OLD or losing the extra fluff has made me more sensitive to the cold. And heat/humidity has never been my thing so I'm full of excuses.

L&L's Mom - Woohoo on hitting the 71 pounds gone. You are doing wonderful and just like with Flower, y'all are so inspiring for not gaining this month. I definitely can't say that!!!

I probably shouldn't have hidden the scale so long, but I've kept an eye on the calories so I know anything that I gain will probably be water weight.

I'll probably get us started for 2022 early next week, if not before. I hope y'all will join me. I debated about doing it again, but even if I maintain it keeps me accountable to not gain a bunch for those evil special occasions.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by KStrong; 12-28-2021 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2021, 12:56 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

KStrong. I hope you do a thread for 2022. You girls are very successful and inspiring. Even posters who don't join in are probably reading and watching.

I am a very slow loser because I can't stay on plan for consecutive days. My excuse is always my husband who lives on junk food but I am the one putting the food in my mouth, and I am the one sitting in my recliner when I should be exercising. I posted in this thread a few years ago but didn't follow through. I would like to make 2022 my year for success!!
Old 12-27-2021, 06:19 AM   #214  

Wannabehealthy I noticed your stats that you have lost 30 pounds. That is so great! Congrats! The only advice on your husband and eating his junk food is to buy junk food that doesn't tempt you. For example, my husband likes things like honey buns. They have never been something I would be dying to have so I can easily ignore it. If it were Chips Ahoy cookies or something I am sure I'd have several a day (or more). LOL I noticed you said in your info you are in Pittsburgh area? My husband is a big Steelers fan since he was a kid. They won the Superbowl in 1979 when he was a little boy and that was it. It was his team. That led to sticking with the other teams...Pirates and Penguins. We live in VA so we have no team. His dad likes Washington since that is the closest team we could nave. Now there is one for Carolina but still that's not VA. LOL My brother in law likes the Cowboys. His dad wonders where he went wrong with two sons liking the wrong teams.
KStrong Thanks! You are a wonderful cheerleader! I am so with you on the cold weather and not dealing well with it. I have never been that way before. I was always the one to not wear a coat unless truly necessary. Now I am wearing layers when it's really cold and wearing coats and or jackets. I will definitely join you in 2022. I really think it helps to get your thoughts out by writing it down, helping others and getting new ideas from each other, etc...With this in mind, my aunt on Christmas (whose lost a lot of weight herself over the past few years and has been keeping it off) was saying how nice it will be on January 1st to say I would like to lose 30 pounds vs 100? Or even to just maintain it if you don't want to lose more. It's a much more positive feeling. I know your water weight issues will resolve itself soon enough...The holidays are only about two weeks or so of the year, the other 50 weeks we can behave. LOL
Old 12-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #215  
Meanderer

Carol - I did start a new thread for 2022. I have the same problem with consecutive days on plan. I think the trick is just to have more on plan than off.

My "new" posting has gone back to the weirdness so I'm doing this as a quote to give y'all the link, but it is under the Challenges if I can't make the link work...

Let's Get to Goal Weight 2022
Old 12-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #216  
Meanderer

L&L's Mom - Thanks about the cheerleading. I seem to be a better cheer-erer when I'm behaving. I agree with your Aunt. I semi-behaved, but I could have been better. It could have also been much worse! I wish I could say my excuses only meant two weeks of the year, but I can easily find an excuse monthly. OR even daily.

I took a peek at the scale this morning and was shocked, but not as shocked as when I took my waist measurement. The sad thing is that other than some holiday cheer, I was still low carb the last few days and my calories were still below what I burned, but I'm a broken record so I'm moving on. I won't do any extra celebrating for NYE this year. Hopefully by Friday's official weigh in, things will be better. I did get out and walk this morning and I'm going to put in the effort to get out most mornings weather permitting.

Have a great last week of the year everyone!

Last edited by KStrong; 12-27-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:46 AM   #217  
Meanderer

Good morning! I'm happy to report that I am back below where I started the month. And in December, I'm calling that a win (I'm ignoring the fact that I still had water weight from Thanksgiving on Dec 1 ). I have lost almost 6 pounds in two days so it was definitely water. Thank goodness.

Have a great day!

Last edited by KStrong; 12-29-2021 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:46 AM   #218  

Thanks KStrong for keeping this thread going this year and looking forward to more results in 2022! I am moving on to the new thread.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:00 AM   #219  
Meanderer

That's a wrap on my 2021 weigh ins. I ended in the 160's which is where I was most of the year. Although my net loss was only 9 pounds, it was still a loss. I can't complain too much. I did have ranges (up and down) over 19 pounds so that is something I want to improve on in 2022. Still patting myself on the back that it wasn't as bad as most of my previous years.

See y'all in 2022.
Closed Thread