Old 03-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Spring to Summer Challenge 2019

Inspired by boopchick's challenge last Summer, I now bring you the Spring to Summer Challenge, which runs from Wednesday March 20th until the first day of Summer, June 21st

Whether you are looking to lose weight or maintain, all are welcome. Feel free to join in at any time.

Post your starting and goal weights and your weekly progress on your day of choice.

I had a really rough Winter and I'm really looking forward to making some great progress this spring, and I'm counting on all of us to keep each other motivated.

Feel free to join me again in the spreadsheet: Spring to Summer Challenge
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #2  

I'll post my starting weight on Wednesday, but my goal weight is going to be 182.4, which will be between 10 and 15 pounds down, depending on where my starting weight falls, and a total of 85 pounds down overall. That will keep me on or ahead of track to make my goal for the end of the year.

Good luck and Happy Spring to everyone!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #3  

I'll definitely be joining again! I can't believe it's basically Spring! Time is flying and I'm hoping the pounds will fly off too! lol

Happy St Patrick's Day and may everyone have a little bit O luck this season!
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Thanks for starting this, Lacerta! At some point I'm going to be ultra-successful with one of the weight-loss challenges and in order to do that I have to keep joining and trying . Count me in!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for starting the Spring challenge, Lacerta! So happy to be here.

My current weight is 164 so I'm going to put 150 as my goal weight. It's almost 15 pounds which is what I'm usually capable of in 3 months. Good luck to everyone!!! xoxo

SW 164
GW 150
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #6  

Welcome somedaysunny, curvynotlumpy and Follena

curvynotlumpy: Every season that you try and lose even a few pounds is better than the average person who doesn't try, who puts on a pound or two a year. So if you lost even just 8 pounds a year, that's still around 10 pounds lighter than you would be if you didn't try. Add that up over a few years and it makes a big difference.

Follena: Or for our British friends, that is a stone. I think a stone a season is a very reasonable goal. My goal comes out to almost the same.

So I'm ending the winter at the same weight I was a month ago, the weight I started March, and the weight I've most often been over the last 6 weeks: 195.2. I'm really ready for a big whoosh. But I've passed my one year point and made progress every season of that year. Fall and Winter were definitely harder for me than Spring and Summer. So hopefully, that means that now I'm heading back into the time that is easier to lose weight for me. I'd love to have an fantastic Spring and beat my goal.

I'd just really like to hit the 80 pound lost marker by the first day of summer. I've lost 12.x each of the last two seasons, so I'm really hoping Spring is kinder to me, because I need almost 14 to make this season's goal. However, like I said last season, really, anything over 10 pounds will keep me on track for my end of year goal. 3 seasons left to go for the year and I need to lose 27.8 pounds to make my 2019 goal. So 10 pounds a season is enough. More is better though I'm hoping for a big whoosh to end my plateau.

Happy first day of Spring everyone!

Last edited by Lacerta; 03-20-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #7  

I was 2 pounds away from my winter goal so I changed my summer goal by a few pounds. I'm really excited for summer, since I'll have lost so much weight there is so many things I want to do! lol
Old 03-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting this challenge.

What kind of goal rewards are you giving yourself? I made my goal for the winter to spring one, but I did not make myself any rewards for reaching goal. I'd like to do it this time. I need some good non-food ideas.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #9  

I'm not actually a big rewards person. I find the getting healthier and fitting into smaller clothes and being able to do more things, easier, to be reward enough, as corny as that sounds. So I don't set external rewards. However, I do accept that for some people, they are motivating, so I hope someone else chimes in with good ideas.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #10  

sgregg I listed my rewards in my signature. It's something that's personal to you, mine is stuff that I could never just up and decide to do for heck of it. I'm cheap with money lol My ultimate goal if I can maintain my 180 or lose even more is to go snowboarding, I've never done it before but I would love to! And, I have 2 little moles on my neck I want removed, weird I know lol but I'm scared to do it so I'm just looking for a way to put it off lol

I just surpassed what was to be my goal by Spring. I think when I calculated what I wanted my goal to be I didn't figure in the fact the last week of Spring ended on Wednesday so I guess I am still on track really, I'm going to change my goal by summer back to 225.

Last edited by somedaysunny; 03-23-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #11  

Sunny I agree, rewards are personal. I like losing weight but I tend to focus on a lot of non scale victories ... NSVs. Like fitting into clothes, looking younger, being able to keep up with my sons and daughters on vacations HA!

I also use other rewards like a trip to the beauty salon, or to nearby hot springs, or a massage.

Now that it’s spring, I’m parking 10 blocks from the office again so I can brisk walk 20 blocks/day. It’s not much but it’s something. I want to get back to yoga also ... even though I have a love/hate relationship with yoga. It requires patience, a quality I don’t have in abundance lol.

Best of luck to everyone this spring.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #12  

Default Benefits of sunflower seeds

On a daily basis, I’ve been eating 1 oz (handful) sunflower seeds at lunch

11 Amazing Health Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
Help Improve Cholesterol Levels. ...
Helps Support Bone Health. ...
Help Control Blood Sugar. ...
Promote Healthy Detoxification. ...
Support The Health Of Your Skin. ...
Promote Good Mood And Restful Sleep. ...
Sunflower Seeds Are A Rich Source of Protein. ...
May Help Promote Weight Loss

I’ve noticed my facial complexion is really soft and smooth lately. Going to keep up with this eating habit !!
Old 03-28-2019, 08:11 PM   #13  

Hellooooooo is anyone on this thread? lol Seems like it’s just me.

I’ve been hovering at same weight for 3 weeks so it’s time for some NSVs!!
1. My Director said I look good and asked how much weight I’d lost. She had also lost weight before me.
2. I fit into my pretty Calvin Klein spring jacket.
3. I’ve been eating On Plan.
4. I’m drinking my water and getting enuf sleep.

Hope everyone is doing well. xo
Old 03-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #14  
05/01/2023

S/C/G: 232.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I just noticed this challenge. I hope it's not too late to join - even if it is, too bad, I'm joining anyways. I'd like to lose between 15-20 pounds before the first day of summer. I'll be happy with a 15 lbs loss or 185 lbs but I really want to challenge myself so I listed my goal as 20 lbs lost - a weight of 180 lbs. That is just over 1.5 lbs per week which I think will be hard to accomplish but is still doable. We'll see if I can get there. Good luck everyone! I hope you all reach your summer goal weight.

Follena - I love your list of NSVs. Very motivating! Keep up the good work!!
AllyG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:38 AM   #15  

Welcome Ally. Never too late to join. Welcome aboard.

Well I’m pleased with at least staying under 164 for a few days in a row. But will be ecstatic to get into the 150s. Yesterday I watched the Christopher Robin film that came out last year. Absolutely sweet. Highly recommend.